Cars removed !

well, there also was a confirmation that all cars will now have functional wipers and full beam/low beam/flash

Can u post a link here to where is says exactly that ? ... I hope it's true because it's important. Finally someone else cares about the wipers and lights and horns :D

Can u post a link here to where is says exactly that ? ... I hope it's true because it's important. Finally someone else cares about the wipers and lights and horns :D
Kaz said it in an interview earlier this year I think.

Kaz said it in an interview earlier this year I think.

I remember him saying that there won't be any differences between upgraded Standards and Premiums in terms of game functions, i.e photo locations, body-kits, and physics ... But come to think of it, if you can use photo locations, where you should be able to toggle the lights, then the wipers and horns shouldn't be hard to add too. And BTW he did say there will still be some standard cars.

IMHO I think a lot of cars are being held back for dlc. How else would they be able to live up to some of the lofty claims that have been made about dlc?

Secondly I remember Kaz saying that all cars would be available to use in photo mode now and that "standards" simply wouldn't have an interior.

Someone more familiar with compression and 3D modeling can correct me on this if I'm wrong but wouldn't ALL the cars need to be remodeled to fit the adaptive tesslation and new rendering engine? Would LOD maps work with adaptive? My guess is that they were all remodeled and "standards" won't look like ground dog meat anymore.

Edit: IGNAI you must have been posting the same time I was and beat me to the reply button lol

Arghhh, Deltawing is removed just one day after it has been announced as being in the game? Sadly sounds like legal issues (as suggested by GTPlanet). :-(

I was browsing through the GT flickr page not five minutes ago, and it is still there.

Wing.jpg

Not sure if it meant that all of the legal issues were sorted out, or if the cars weren't scrubbed from there yet, but here is the proof that the Delta Wing is still there in game for now.

Someone more familiar with compression and 3D modeling can correct me on this if I'm wrong but wouldn't ALL the cars need to be remodeled to fit the adaptive tesslation and new rendering engine?
I don't know how the standard cars are structured, but I think they would need at least a heavy rework.

If you look closely on some standard cars, the wheel arches are only painted on and made transparent with a alpha map. I don't know how this would behave combined with adaptive tesslation.

By my calculations 15 cars have been removed that were from GT5. That is the 2 Ferrari F1 cars, 4 WRC cars...what else?

By my calculations 15 cars have been removed that were from GT5. That is the 2 Ferrari F1 cars, 4 WRC cars...what else?

The two Countach standards were removed, 7 more to go, Jaguar XJR-9 '88 Standard duplicate? 6 more?

I don't know how the standard cars are structured, but I think they would need at least a heavy rework.

If you look closely on some standard cars, the wheel arches are only painted on and made transparent with a alpha map. I don't know how this would behave combined with adaptive tesslation.
all cars after GT3 have that... it looked nicer on the ps2 having smooth wheel arches as o posed to octagon ones XD

Im going to bed. If anyone can find the Gran Turismo 350Z RS (PREMIUM) Let me know. I left clues in the GT6 News and Discussion thread so you can see where I left off. Laterz.

Ginetta actually signed a contract for the inclusion of some of their cars with Project Cars last year. Could be an exclusive.

As Ginetta also doesn't appear in the dealership screenshot, where it ought to be visible, if the G4 was in, it doesn't seem likely that it was just forgotten.

Although, PD might be working on a premium version of it that's just not ready yet so they won't have to duplicate a standard version, but I see that only as an outside chance.

Back