Cars removed !

The website said over 1200 cars on release day. The list has 1197. Is there anything else you need to call this list incomplete?
1196 cars, because the Deltawing disappeared from the list.

Speaking of removed cars, I still wonder what happened to the premium '99 Impreza rally car that was seen back in 2006.

gran-turismo-hd-20061127043253694-1751895.jpg

gran-turismo-hd-20061127043249007-1751891.jpg

Sadly, it's worse for forza, over 460 cars removed..

So i think you should be alittle more thankful..

Sadly, it's worse for forza, over 460 cars removed..

So i think you should be alittle more thankful..
Why should I be more thankful? What you're saying is that Turn 10 are doing the only right thing, which is to get rid of last gen cars (standard cars in GT language) and instead include top notch quality cars only.

Why should I be more thankful? What you're saying is that Turn 10 are doing the only right thing, which is to get rid of last gen cars (standard cars in GT language) and instead include top notch quality cars only.

....I'm saying it could be, MUCH worse. besides thank god it's not the complete list, too much is missing...

Samus, i won't post it, don't worry.

Its actually pretty funny to see the other side of the spectrum. The GT crowd complains about keeping the "last gen" cars and the Forza community is mad about loosing them. This really shows, as a game developer you just can't win.

Shows neither game will be perfect, 200...is "ok" but it's massive chunk from F4.

Most of them are still PS2 ports with some minor updates though. The lack of a class system doesn't change that.
uhm.. actually they look pretty good... not sure how about interior but exterior looks if not exactly like premium at least a lot better then what we have been seeing in GT5.

True... there is nolong a vehicle class systems, now theirs just cars

Well yes, but I think thats just semantics. Its still a two class system quality wise, they just removed the word.

uhm.. actually they look pretty good... not sure how about interior but exterior looks if not exactly like premium at least a lot better then what we have been seeing in GT5.

There is no proof for this. If you ask me those particular cars are just not listed yet.

And GT6 has how many premium cars, excluding duplicates?
GT5: 292 according to mygranturismo.net

We're now missing 4 rally cars and 2 Ferraris right? Alongside the 5 GT Academy 2012 machines and the 370Z Academy already present on disc and the other GTR Spec V. The Edge/Schick Camaro and the Gamestop Camry.

That would bring the premium car count to about 277 Premium Cars.

Add in the 123 new machines that are currently revealed and we now have exactly 400.

This is made moot by the fact that machines aren't separated into Standard/Premium classes anymore. All 1196 machines are now treated the same.

GT5: 292 according to mygranturismo.net

We're now missing 4 rally cars and 2 Ferraris right? Alongside the 5 GT Academy 2012 machines and the 370Z Academy already present on disc and the other GTR Spec V. The Edge/Schick Camaro and the Gamestop Camry.

That would bring the premium car count to about 277 Premium Cars.
You're counting all the NASCAR and Super GT liveries as different cars then, aren't you?

Forza 5 is doing pretty much what GT3 did, and ditching older cars. IMO, that's not really worth it these days, because the gap between gens is less now.

You're counting all the NASCAR and Super GT liveries as different cars then, aren't you?

Well there are a couple manufacturers in NASCAR (I still wouldn't count liveries), but Super GT they have variations between each car. Some small, some notably faster or slower.

The NASCARs are not really duplicates. Sure they have mostly the same body work, but there are lots of differences, like the windows, air vents, aerodynamic parts, Interiors and basically anything underneath the body. Same goes for the SuperGT cars. No point to count them out.

Forza 5 is doing pretty much what GT3 did, and ditching older cars. IMO, that's not really worth it these days, because the gap between gens is less now.
That's your opinion alright. Me? I take quality over quantity, any day of the week.
The NASCARs are not really duplicates. Sure they have mostly the same body work, but there are lots of differences, like the windows, air vents, aerodynamic parts, Interiors and basically anything underneath the body. Same goes for the SuperGT cars. No point to count them out.
I honestly see them as duplicates though, and counted 333 (give or takje a few) premium cars in total, including the DLC cars for GT5 and the newly announced GT6 cars.

That's your opinion alright. Me? I take quality over quantity, any day of the week.
That's fair enough, but not in any way relevant when the lower quality cars are added on top of the high-quality ones, and not forced upon you, unless it's their existence which annoys you.

That's fair enough, but not in any way relevant when the lower quality cars are added on top of the high-quality ones, and not forced upon you, unless it's their existence which annoys you.
Except in GT5 they were, in the sense that they appeared as AI opponents, and I also had to use them myself in order to complete the game. For the record, their existence annoys me as well, yes.

Back