Cars we generally don't consider when drag racing.

United States
Virginia Beach, VA, US
This post is for those who go outside of the flow, and tune what no one else will. I want to know about what cars you all have tuned that could be considered "SLEEPERS" , and that not many people tune.

For instance, I've taken a '95 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT and modded it for FF drag runs, and practically "SHATT" on all other opponents. It was a golden find. I want to know what cars are "MONSTERS IN HIDING". And share a general discussion about potential beasts.

The Ferrari F40 is pretty decent. I haven't run into many others online. Also the dlc Beetle. Not really fast but what it can do surprises people. Mine's a beast lol.

The Acura DN-X/Honda Dualnote. It can outrun an Audi R8 5.2 V10 with ease.

Last edited:
For instance, I've taken a '95 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT and modded it for FF drag runs, and practically "SHATT" on all other opponents. It was a golden find. I want to know what cars are "MONSTERS IN HIDING". And share a general discussion about potential beasts.
Isn't the Eclipse GT 06 even faster? I think it is.

I really like the Trial Celica, one of the fastest FWD cars in GT5.

The Ferrari F40 is pretty decent. I haven't run into many others online. Also the dlc Beetle. Not really fast but what it can do surprises people. Mine's a beast lol.
Mines decent got a 9.894 late last night its fun to drag

Isn't the Eclipse GT 06 even faster? I think it is.

I really like the Trial Celica, one of the fastest FWD cars in GT5.

Perhaps it is! I'll have to try it. The '95 makes 435Hp, and weighs like 1150kg, but it's torque curve is like completely straight, and it's max torque is like 330ft.lbs. Also the fto gp version R ain't bad. I've taken down a decent amount of rivals with it. BTW. The pontiac sunfire gxp is a beast!! I raced against a guy who had one in my eclipse, and we were neck and neck, but mine pulled harder at the end.

My HPA Audi TT (I call it the TnT) unbroken it will live and beat most R33s

It has more hp but also more weight. It's one of my favourite 5 to drag easily.

Order:
GTS
ACR
R34
TnT
S2000 GT1

Barbie doesn't drag, she vaporises (haha most Aussies will know about this beast)

Order:
GTS
ACR
R34
TnT
S2000 GT1

Barbie doesn't drag, she vaporises (haha most Aussies will know about this beast)

I love to bring out the hpa golf. Though most people know its potential...there are those rooms :) hahaha

Order:
GTS
ACR
R34
TnT
S2000 GT1

Let an American guess: The Beetle RSI.

I like to tune small cars too. For instance, the Ginetta G4 is ok for those lobbies limited to like 400HP. It weighs like 5-600kg, and makes like 285Hp fully modded.

The Acura DN-X/Honda Dualnote. It can outrun an Audi R8 5.8 V10 with ease.

My isn't even tuned drag racing and it was keeping up with R8's and HPA Golf's. It even drifts with the same tune! :D

What? An R8 5.2 is only about .08 slower than the 09 GT-R I don't see how it would even be close... and its a 5.2 not a 5.8.. The Acura DN-X/Honda Dualnote only has 500+ hp which is just about less than half of the 5.2. It wouldn't even be a race.. the 4.2 would smoke it too...

180sx over 420hp weighs little, same as s14. nissan stagea surprises some rexys. RUF ctr yellowbird is tuff.

PTK
What? An R8 5.2 is only about .08 slower than the 09 GT-R I don't see how it would even be close... and its a 5.2 not a 5.8.. The Acura DN-X/Honda Dualnote only has 500+ hp which is just about less than half of the 5.2. It wouldn't even be a race.. the 4.2 would smoke it too...

You obviously haven't driven the DN-X, because it is a very quick car. Horsepower doesn't equate to speed. It's like the S2000 LM. It only has 330BHP and 514PP but it'll smoke cars with 650PP.

You obviously haven't driven the DN-X, because it is a very quick car. Horsepower doesn't equate to speed. It's like the S2000 LM. It only has 330BHP and 514PP but it'll smoke cars with 650PP.

Your right, Torque does. Which the 5.2 has more of. A lot more...

Back