Chevrolet Corvette (non racing) Drift Trial: Daytona Road Course

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 51 comments

JogoAsobi

Premium

Chevrolet Corvette (non racing) Drift Trial: Daytona Road Course

Image Insert courtesy @GRANKUSTOM's GT6 Seasonal Events DATABASE thread.

Vette_Daytona_.jpg

Period of Availability: 05/14/2014 - 06/05/2014
Ratings Registration: 05/14/2014 - 05/22/2014

Target Scores:
Bronze: 3,000
Silver: 4,500
Gold: 5,300

Prizes:
Bronze: Cr.20,000
Silver: Cr.40,000
Gold Cr.70,000 + GT OLD GENERATION 004-W paint chip.

TC, ASM & SRF are forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.
Tires, SH or less.

Eligible Cars:
Corvette Stingray (C7) '14
Corvette Stingray (C7) 15th Anniv. '14
Corvette Stingray Gran Turismo Concept '13
Corvette C7 Test Prototype
Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
Corvette Z06 (C6) '06
Corvette Z06 (C5) '04
Corvette Z06 (C5) '00
Corvette GRAND SPORT (C4) '96
Corvette ZR-1 (C4) '90
Corvette Stingray L46 350 (C3) '69
Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3) '69
Corvette Coupe (C2) '63
Corvette Coupe (C2) 15th Anniv. '63
Corvette Convertible (C1) '54

Course Conditions:
Time: 13:00
Precipitation: 0%
Daytona Road Course T1 thru T6 infield segment.

320px-Daytona_International_Speedway_-_Road_Course.svg.png

Tunes:

Corvette Stingray Gran Turismo Concept '13 - @shaunm80 - Exeter Tuning

Corvette Coupe (C2) '63 - @et_

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '04 - @DolHaus - Drift Haus Tuning Garage

Seasonal tunes directory here maintained by @XS.

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

----------------------------------------------
The Drift Bible - Keiichi Tsuchiya

Last edited:
Been waiting for a while for the drift events to start in GT6. Most of my time spent in seasonal events in GT5 were these drift events.
The drifting in Gt5 is way different from Gt6. The only reason why I'm really sad about the end of gt5 online is because of the loss of some great online drift sessions.

Last edited:
I can't drift, so therefore am excluded from this event. Yes I know, I can enter but I have absolutely no hope of getting even bronze on this event . :banghead:
:yuck: Drifting waste of time. Edit - Lol just my opinion of course :lol::lol:

Last edited:
I can't drift, so therefore am excluded from this event. Yes I know, I can enter but I have absolutely no hope of getting even bronze on this event . :banghead:
:yuck: Drifting waste of time. Edit - Lol just my opinion of course :lol::lol:
Im not that great at drifting either but I managed to get gold with the tune linked in this thread. give it a go, you may surprise yourself.

Hope those 3 hours were worth the credits :) Im glad the tune got you gold though, keeps up my guaranteed gold promise to other people

I'll need all the help I can get, so I will be using your tune too. :)

Any drifters out there using a T500?
If so, what settings are you using for the wheel?

I'll need all the help I can get, so I will be using your tune too.

Any drifters out there using a T500?
If so, what settings are you using for the wheel?
One tip for the tune, to get the back end really sliding before the corner, use the hand brake and then straight on the power to control the slide. The front end will stick well once you find the drift line.

Hope those 3 hours were worth the credits :) Im glad the tune got you gold though, keeps up my guaranteed gold promise to other people

I didn't do it for the credits, I just wanted to see if I could do it. Well, maybe the blue paint chip because I liked blue.

I guess it wasn't too bad for someone who had never done any drifting before and was completely clueless. :D

Drifting isn't too popular, is it.

Made a hash of it (in a random unmodified car) and got about 500 lousy points, still I was about 9000th

When racing I'm around the silver mark on average and usually I place around 60-80000th.

At 12000 some odd points I'm placed somwhere in the 800 region. Leader is on 27000+ points. Not at ps3 right now. Figures are roughly what I remember

Good to see the drifting trials back: I'm not into drifting big time, it's more of a fun diversion for me and was easy money (mostly) in GT5.

I used a C2 around 400 BHP I'd got for some A-spec races (I think it was a Corvette challenge :dopey:). Not the best tool, and I hadn't done any drifting in GT6 but got over 6k on my first attempt.

Drifting seems a bit harder in 6 than it was in GT5 - maybe I'm out of practice or maybe it was the car. I tweaked the diff and firmed up the rear a little and used CS instead of CH and found it easier to control. Improved to over 7000.

Do we not score more points for hugging the inside of the corner any more? I seemed to get more by staying in the middle of the track.

A tip for those that are struggling: when you are in the drift - control the angle with throttle and take it easy on the steering inputs. One thing I kept doing when learning was snapping back due to releasing throttle and counter steering too much - the rears grip and dump you to the outside.

Also initiating the drift with a powerful car can be done just by lighting up the rears - I found it easier than using handbrake. You might not carry so much speed through faster corners but you can easily get gold without scoring big in one particular corner on this Trial.

Good Luck 👍

Was anyone else really miffed that they chose Daytona for the first drift trial in the new physics engine? I have a hard enough time keeping on-track with circuit driving; I wish they had chosen a wider track.

IIRC the only GT-based drift trial I'd done before this was in the HD Concept demo close to 5 years ago, when I messed around yesterday morning it was maddening to get things right. I'll try the tune this weekend.

I just tryed that with C2, bit over 20k.
There realy is no need for tuning to gold this, I just added all parts :lol:

I just tryed that with C2, bit over 20k.
There realy is no need for tuning to gold this, I just added all parts :lol:
You are not kidding!
A breeze.

I don't know how well this tune will work in GT6 but it was great in GT5.
Everything as high as possible on suspension. Camber 10 10. Toe -1 -1.
I used the C2 with this tune and got gold first try and 125xx points after about 30 minutes.

That awkward moment when the entire top 15 is Japanese. :lol:
If they make - lets say a tuk-tuk seasonal, the leader board domination might be diffenent...
________

Anyway, I did most drifting seasonals in GT5, but I can't remeber any of them was a difficult as this one.
I'm sure it makes beginners of drifting hate it pretty quick!

Done and done, ran a similar set up to shaunm80's with a few variations to fit my style. It only took a few laps, but man, those decreasing radius J-turns are mean and nasty...

Gotta go slow to go fast, I guess...

Latest Posts

Back