Clueless Tunes - Classic Car Shootout (WE'RE DONE! Thank you all)

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 682 comments
Just kidding. I'm going out with the wife in about an hour (with no kids :embarrassed: :eek: :D ) so in about 13-15 hours (no KIDS :embarrassed: ) I will wake an offical post, so be ready for that! Thanks again for all that took part :bowdown: :dopey:

Giggity. :sly:

Also it appears someone broke the 3-way tie in the photomode poll. :grumpy:

ITS OVER

Well the Clueless Tunes Concours d'Elegance @ Cote d'Azur Classic Car Shootout has come to an end, and there are some Awards to hand out. So here we go:

Check out the official spredsheet HERE

Fastest Lap
And the Award Any Premium car under 250,000cr (tuned by Clueless if you'd like) goes to...
DaDog with a 1'43:723 in a car prepared by Rotary Junkie
Ok speech time :

**waits for the people to :censored:up**

I would like to thank you all for allowing me to crash drive you're cheap rusty bagger ridespriceless classic automobiles .

Special thanks will go to Krenkme for hosting this event and listening ( reading ) my whines of me not beeing able to drive this damn wheel , and to praiano to giving me pointers on how to use my wheel .

Photo Poll winner
With 9 votes the winner of the best photo in the photo poll and Any Premium car under 200,000cr (tuned by Clueless if you'd like) is...
Dylans1o

Top Five Fastest Cars
Fifth Place
With a average time of 1'46:499 ... ACSR421
Fourth Place
With a average time of 1'45:985 ...praiano63
Third Place
With a average time of 1'45:315 ...VTiRoj
Second Place
With a average time of 1'45:277 ...Rotary Junkie
First Place
With a average time of 1'44:944 ...Dylans1o
All winners please select you prizes and PM my your choices. If you select a tuned by Clueless please tell my what kind of tune you'd like on the car. Thank you

And last
Drivers Choice

Theo777
Looks like Rustbuckets on the Riviera is turning out to be a huge success. I know this is hard work even if you only had to tune and drive. Great job setting this event up! :cheers:

My Driver Choices

1st ACSR421’s “lil Ray” Corvette Convertible has to be my favorite car in this shootout. This was a tough call… I loved DigitalBaka’s Corvette (Voted for it in the Photo Comp. :)) but it felt just a tad bit unstable on the lower speed corners. "lil Ray" is what I image a perfect handling pre-1975 sports car should feel like cruising this track. :bowdown:

2nd Prainano63’s Camaro Z/28 was my favorite of this shootout dominating Camaro’s. I found it had a slightly different feel that suited my driving style the best out of the cars. Even though I put down a faster lap in Rotary’s Camaro by 0.130s this would be my second choice.

3rd Snake55wildcat’s Fairlady 2000 wasn’t much of a surprise to me given how I was thinking about entering that very car for my tuna. I guess I just like rooting for the underdog.

Motor City Hami
1. Digitalbaka Corvette
2. Dylans10 Lambo
3. Tris_73 Mach 1

tris_73
Hi Mate,

My choices for the driver's award are -

1. VTiRoj
2. Dylans1o
3. MotorCityHami

DaDog
1st Dylans01
2nd ACSR421
3rd XDesperado

DigitalBaka
OK, so driver's choice. :)

1 - Dylans1o
2 - Praiano
3 - Tris

Onboy123
3. Cykosis
2. Tris
1. Dylan1o

krenkme
1. DigitalBaka
2. Nighthaunter
3. krenkme VtiRoj

And the Drivers Choice winner, and Any Premium car under 125,000cr, with a score of 26
Dylans1o

Oh my... I think I may have overdone it :lol:

But seriously everyone this was an amazing event indeed, I had a blast with my tuning my Countach (I nearly choose the Camaro until my last lap on Cote D'Azur in my Countach) but seriously Drivers Choice, Photomode and fastest car winner! :embarrassed:

I guess the saying "Irish eyes are smiling" is true. :D

Well I really enjoyed this event alot and I think my comeback went well.. Thanks Krenkme for hosting the event and everyone for being so friendly thoughout the competition! :P

[/Worst acceptance speech of all time]

well that's it... :dopey:...

Oh one more thing.
Slowest Average Time
The "winner" of the Honda Beat. The tuner that got "Beat" by all the rest is...

Snake55wildcat with an average time of 1'51:154

Haha, oh wow I don't know whether to be happy or embarrassed.. I guess i'll be both :lol:
I knew my car wouldn't win, but not as bad as this, but its the fun that matters, I took a gamble of entering a car completely off the wall and the wall fell with me :P
I have really enjoyed this little shoot-out (as this was actually my first one I have ever entered) and its been great to be here, I am definitely thinking of entering more of these types of events. Big thanks to all the drivers, other tuners and event organisers for this great demonstration of classic cars around a timeless race track! :)

I'd like to thank all the tuners for puting some great tunes together and to all the testers for putting in alot of driving and time with all the cars. Seventeen cars all within six seconds of each other, and the bottom two seperated by less the one tenth of a second. Great job everyone, and thank you all for making this shootout very FUN!!!!
THANK YOU!!!

That's it.

all over.

Nothing left.

I don't care where you go, but you can't stay here. :dopey:

Bye-Bye

parrot2.png

:dopey:

Last edited:
You sure about that fastest lap boss ? i could have swore that i saw a 1.42.xxx floating those boards before ....

Damn, only 0.040 off RJ's average. I'll take third though, since it gets me a prize car. :lol:

Congrats to Dylan for the sweep. Bloody Lambo. :P

You sure about that fastest lap boss ? i could have swore that i saw a 1.42.xxx floating those boards before ....

Yep. I just tripple checked and you have the fastest. Unless I'm blind :nervous: you can check for yourself if you'd like HERE
I think I got it right.

That was Jackthalad's Stratos time I think. Since Jack couldn't finish his testing, all of his times were removed from the spreadsheet.

Yep. I just tripple checked and you have the fastest. Unless I'm blind :nervous: you can check for yourself if you'd like HERE
I think I got it right.

I need to think of something to say if it is correct , i am speechless and thats a first :P

Oh my... I think I may have overdone it :lol:

But seriously everyone this was an amazing event indeed, I had a blast with my tuning my Countach (I nearly choose the Camaro until my last lap on Cote D'Azur in my Countach) but seriously Drivers Choice, Photomode and fastest car winner! :embarrassed:

I guess the saying "Irish eyes are smiling" is true. :D

Well I really enjoyed this event alot and I think my comeback went well.. Thanks Krenkme for hosting the event and everyone for being so friendly thoughout the competition! :P

[/Worst acceptance speech of all time]

Lost the Beat by less than a tenth D:

Still, perhaps I don't have to bear the shame of being last. After all, I was almost beat by something with ~20PP less! :crazy:

Seems like my Europa was a good drive for most though. Know I shouldn't have risked the 4th-5th gap though...but to be fair without it you would have been hitting the limiter around the lap a lot so it's either that or a long gap. Kept the other ratios so short to preserve acceleration, which I needed given the mid turbo I elected to use. :cheers: to all, congrats to Dylans, although I have to say I have no idea where your exclamation marks went in all that :lol:

Congrats to Dylan, although I have to say I have no idea where your exclamation marks went in all that :lol:

Thanks C-ZETA... I know right only 2 of them in the whole paragraph. I think my Countach ate them all! <--- There's another one. :P

Thanks C-ZETA... I know right only 2 of them in the whole paragraph. I think my Countach ate them all! <--- There's another one. :P

Heh.

Need to try one of your tunes again. Veedub 1200 would be my best bet at this point since now have a full modded one and need a setup for it, stat. Not gonna get it to look like yours this time though seeing as I used up my XJR-9 'paint chip' on it as well as yellow BBS RS wheels too. Have to say though, who would have thought it would sounded like a 458 with Racing Exhaust? Lol. Now you can see where the SambaBus sound comes from too :lol:

Ok speech time :

**waits for the people to :censored:up**

I would like to thank you all for allowing me to crash drive you're cheap rusty bagger ridespriceless classic automobiles .

Special thanks will go to Krenkme for hosting this event and listening ( reading ) my whines of me not beeing able to drive this damn wheel , and to praiano to giving me pointers on how to use my wheel .

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! I LOST!!! I AM DISAPPOINT! :ouch: :lol:

Meh, that was expected from the off. But hey, good point, I am the dominate Goof after crushing C-ZETA in the overall results! :D

That aside, good job to everyone, even to those who missed out on the deadline, this has been one shootout that I will remember fondly.

Oh, final thing. Congratulations on the win, Dylan. RVR, back in town, takes the win in style. 👍 :D

Haha, oh wow I don't know whether to be happy or embarrassed.. I guess i'll be both :lol:
I knew my car wouldn't win, but not as bad as this, but its the fun that matters, I took a gamble of entering a car completely off the wall and the wall fell with me :P
I have really enjoyed this little shoot-out (as this was actually my first one I have ever entered) and its been great to be here, I am definitely thinking of entering more of these types of events. Big thanks to all the drivers, other tuners and event organisers for this great demonstration of classic cars around a timeless race track! :)

I have really enjoyed this little shoot-out (as this was actually my first one I have ever entered) and its been great to be here, I am definitely thinking of entering more of these types of events. :)

You should , this is only my second one and i love doing them , it brings the community closer together with a good and fun level of competitivety ( i don't know if that is a word actually :P ) ....

Besides i have tons more of Welsh jokes that i need to use :D

You should , this is only my second one and i love doing them , it brings the community closer together with a good and fun level of competitivety ( i don't know if that is a word actually :P ) ....

Besides i have tons more of Welsh jokes that i need to use :D

:lol: very funny, but I dont mind them, i find them rather funny myself :P
But yeah, i probably will enter more of these from now on, and next time not be so late entering them! :dopey:

I have added everyones speaches (thus far) to the awards post, and would like to thank everyone again. Thank you :bowdown:

Your Beat will be sent in the comming weeks (you'll be surprised how well it drives :dopey: Taking on the 500pp cars at Tokyo 👍 ) Enjoy :D

:lol: very funny, but I dont mind them, i find them rather funny myself :P
But yeah, i probably will enter more of these from now on, and next time not be so late entering them! :dopey:

Very good young grass hopper :D :dopey:

Your Beat will be sent in the comming weeks (you'll be surprised how well it drives :dopey: Taking on the 500pp cars at Tokyo 👍 ) Enjoy :D

Very good young grass hopper :D :dopey:

Im sure the Beat will be good, and be as skippy as a grasshopper :D. Although.. I do have a hefty affection for Kei Cars :lol:

Okay, I think all the prizes have been sent out. If you did not recive your prize please let me know.

I hope all that did recieve a "Clueless Custom" enjoy it and it is to your liking. Please let me know how it is, if you could.

Thank you all for making this a very FUN event. I'll see you around :dopey:

Back