Clueless Tunes - Classic Car Shootout (WE'RE DONE! Thank you all)

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 682 comments
Rotary Junkie
I guess I'll take that 2nd, considering the Countach was the fastest car to start with and I built my car to lose. :lol:

It's not over yet :D. Onboy still has some cars to run, Jackthalad also has some more, and DaDog... well?...:lol:... I hope to see some times soon (trying to post replays of runs, looking forward to it 👍 ).

On a related subject I will be extending the deadline another 18hrs or so (date night with the wife and brunch with the inlaws) so you testers have about 40hrs to enter your times.

Have a great night everybody :dopey:

It's not over yet :D. Onboy still has some cars to run, Jackthalad also has some more, and DaDog... well?...:lol:... I hope to see some times soon (trying to post replays of runs, looking forward to it 👍 ).

On a related subject I will be extending the deadline another 18hrs or so (date night with the wife and brunch with the inlaws) so you testers have about 40hrs to enter your times.

Have a great night everybody :dopey:

I have spend more time typing up my list then testing the cars , 2 times yes 2 times i have closed my text page without saving it ...

I am almost finishd tho ..... i hope

That and i need to find some excuses first why my laptimes are so slow ... :P

Finally i can submit my list :D

I would like to thank Krenkme for hosting this event , even when at certain times the neighbours could hear me swearing when it didn't work the way i wanted . In the end i had a lot of fun driving these cars .
End offcourse thanks to all the tuners for letting me wreck and totally abuse drive there cars at a fast but safe speed :D .
Some cars i felt right at home in , some .... well lets say i don't think we will be friends anytime soon :P . But like i said i had a blast doing this so a big 👍 for this event .

Now to my timesheet , well not yet really ... first i had to come up with some excuses for my not so good times :odd: ... I did all the testing with my wheel , i haven't got it for that long and am still not familiar with it , this was a good test but at the same time i felt i could have done better with my control-pad . Seeing the stubborn 🤬 that i am however i refused to use the pad ... that and the fact my wife would have slapped me silly if she saw me not using the wheel after nagging her to let me buy one ....:nervous:
But enough is enough , het is the list :D

Dylans1o 1.43.723

Rotaryjunkie1.44.037

VTiRoj1.44.666

ACSR4211.44.699

Praiano631.45.012

Krenkme1.45.895

Tris711.45.601

Digitalbanka1.46.283

Night haunter 1.46.593

Jackthalad 1.46.865

Motor City Hami1.46.897

CyKosis19731.47.032

Theo777 1.47.449

Onboy1231.47.689

XDesperado67 1.48.785

C-ZETA1.49.245

Snake55wildcat1.50.458

------------------------------------------------------------------

Dylans1o
Burn this car and never look back at it No i am just joking , i actually spend the least time in you're car of all the entries :P . Basicly it went like , 1 warm-up lap and 2 hotlaps and voila i set my best time , almost no effort :D . This car was like it was custom build for me , i felt right at home in it ... the amount of grip this car has is amazing ...

Rotaryjunkie
It took a couple of laps to get used to the idea of not overshifting all the time seeing it is basicly a 4 speed gearbox , and 5th well it might have been there but i never got around the track fast enough to use it :( .... However when getting setteld in this is an awesome driving experience , the car does what you want when you want it , no funny business .

VTiRoj
A very smooth camaro , alltho i had to be carefull not to overshift at the slower sections at the track because of the boost the car would get , it felt really balanced and tought about , it was one of my favourites at the start of the event ( colour combo / camaro ) and remains so at the end .

ACSR421
I was surprised by this corvette , not thinking it would go around the track so smooth and fast as it did . At no time did it feel scary or loose , the four speed gearbox with overdrive worked very well :D .
I really enjoyed driving this car

Praiano63
Ah my friend , what can i say but it was exactly like i expected , loads of grip and fast a typical Praiano tune 👍 ... granted in my hands it wasn't the fastest on the field but it was a very safe and fast car to drive ...

Krenkme
Oh boss , this car frustrated the 🤬 when i took it around the track the first couple of laps .... multiple words like 🤬🤬🤬 we're used numerous of times ... but as time past by the car became more familiar and felt to grow on me . And when i finally figured out how to drive it , it actually became fun :D . It is actually pretty fast but in the slower parts of the track one needs to stay calm on corner exits , when becoming to throttle happy the car will slap you in the face seeing it doesn't like that . Overall a balanced car , with good acceleration . but with a dangerous edge :P

Tris71
This was another very smooth ride , i had no problems with , good balance and steady but fast acceleration , i am sure in more experienced hands it could have gone a lot faster . but for me this car was a good combo of fun / speed / handling , i really enjoyed the Mustang ...

Digitalbanka
A bright yellow corvette cruising at Cote D'Azur , now that is a setting one has to love , and so did i . It was a solid ride , no dangerous bits on this car , just in the twisty sections of the course the car would flirst with a bit of oversteer but never lose the grip ... Defenatly a good tune .

Night haunter
A fellow Dutchman , yes yes i know i have the Belgium flag next to me but that is a different story . So you have only 10 orso posts on GTplanet and yet you decided to bash in here and join a shootout huh ..... Well good job there :D . I loved the setup on the stratos , and even tho i am certain it can also go a lot faster then my abilaties decided to go it was a pleasure to drive . Like mentioned before there was only 1 lesser point to the car ... breaking distance / stabilaty . when breaking the car didn't really settle in and felt a bit loose . But as far as cornering / acceleration went the car was top notch for me 👍

Jackthalad
I am sorry my friend , but even tho i am certain that this should have been the fastest car on the field i could not get it to work for me . It is above my skilllevel , i tried and tried and the neighbours can confirm it didn't work :( .
The smallest mistake and this car would slap me silly .

Motor City Hami
The beemer , i like this car alltho it did feel loose , not to much but just on that line where i was ready to correct the car , this causing me to lose time on some important parts of the track , it did have exellent acceleration tho just sometimes you would get a boost that could throw you offguard while accelerating out of a corner

CyKosis1973
A car like this should not be driven at fast speeds on a twisty track , however you made one that could , with little understeer in the twisty corners it was still a pleasure to drive , the power on that car made it all good , i love this car and consider it one of the best cars ever build in real life , i allready had a tuned 550pp R3 one in my garage but i'll be making a copy of you're as well .

Theo777
Maybe you should put a spoilor on it :P no i am kidding it is a nice car to drive , first time i actually drove a superbird , funny engine sound btw , but it is a fast car , and big very very big . but a good well balanced tune wich made me go fast .

Onboy123
I have spend some time in this cougar and in the beginning i wanted to pull my hair out ( if i had any that is :P ) but the tune settled on me and the car became easier to drive , alltho i did not hav the abilaty to put down a good solid time for the car i am certain however that a more skilled driver can push this car a lot further

XDesperado67
Who in there right mind would take an Alpine .... well nobody but apperantly this Apline tune actually works :P , stock this car is worth nothing exept as an eyecatcher but you made this car fun to drive , it handles well and is very fast for an Alpine , smooth cornering and well balanced , it can be a bit tricky from time to time when exeting a corner but it makes it so much fun ... you should consider making a 500PP R3 online tune for it ... hint hint :P

C-ZETA
A fast little motor considering the weight , it was fun to drive , it might not have nor will it ever be a podium contender it was a very well tought of tune and seeing the disadvantge you had when starting this build i can only say job well done

Snake55wildcat
If there was a price to win for ugliest car you and C-zeta would defenatly be right on top of that podium :D , but that is an taste issue . As far as the car goes i am happy to see you went with a completely different type of car then most , and even tho you might not have had an PP advantage the car did go really well around the track , challaging at most times but good fun .

I will re-red this after i gave my eyes a bit of rest after so much text and typing to make sure i didn't make any errors , again i ahve to say i appoligise for the laptimes as i am certain all these cars could go a lot faster with more training or a better driver , but i did my best ....

Right, all tests are done, bar Snake55wildcat as he's friends list is full. Drivers choice has been decided but not PM'd yet.

Rotary Junkie
Seemlessly smooth, fast yet understatedly so. It doesn't bark or shout, but just gets on with the job very subtly. It's not entertaining, but…fast. Just fast. I approve.

You're driving it wrong to have fun then. :P

Disregard laptime, acquire fun.

Disregard fun, acquire laptime.

You're driving it wrong to have fun then. :P

Disregard laptime, acquire fun.

Disregard fun, acquire laptime.

Well, at least I got you a relatively 'quick' (perhaps 'not slow' would fit more…) lap, though I did enjoy driving it. I guess I was tiptoeing too much after driving the lightweights.

VTiRoj1.44.666

VTiRoj
A very smooth camaro , alltho i had to be carefull not to overshift at the slower sections at the track because of the boost the car would get , it felt really balanced and tought about , it was one of my favourites at the start of the event ( colour combo / camaro ) and remains so at the end .

Thank you. Loving the laptime. :lol:

Jackthalad
I am sorry my friend , but even tho i am certain that this should have been the fastest car on the field i could not get it to work for me . It is above my skilllevel , i tried and tried and the neighbours can confirm it didn't work :( .
The smallest mistake and this car would slap me silly .

I know, re-tested this car same as I'm doing with all the others, and it is not an easy car to drive, I stuggled to be consistent with it. Definately gonna fix it after the shootout is over.

Onboy1231.47.689

Onboy123
I have spend some time in this cougar and in the beginning i wanted to pull my hair out ( if i had any that is :P ) but the tune settled on me and the car became easier to drive , alltho i did not hav the abilaty to put down a good solid time for the car i am certain however that a more skilled driver can push this car a lot further

Don't bother too much about the time, it's really a bit of a hit or miss car, you either like it and see its point, like Theo777, or hate it, like…just about everyone else. Including me, actually. It just either has grip, or doesn't.

Oh…dammit, nearly forgot to give you the credit for making it not as 🤬 as it would have been if you didn't give me advice. Thanks mate.

Right, all tests are done, bar Snake55wildcat as he's friends list is full. Drivers choice has been decided but not PM'd yet.

- VTiRoj
1'46.312 - Rotary Junkie
1'48.179 - DigitalBaka
1'47.255 - praiano63
1'47.912 - krenkme
1'48.312 - Tris_73
1'48.548 - ACSR421
1'48.291 - NightHaunter
1'46.944 - Onboy123
1'49.954 - CyKosis1973
1'49.023 - Theo777
1'48.094 - Jackthalad
1'51.728 - XDesperado67
- Snake55wildcat
1'52.924 - C-ZETA
1'47.641 - Motor City Hami
1'45.643 - Dylans1o

Did my Camaro do a lap time of nothing? It's just so fast it can go faster than 0 seconds. :lol:

Snake55wildcat - Nissan Fairlady 2000
1:49.720
Good transmission and easy to control any wheel spin. Has a tendency to loose traction at the front tires on almost every corner. This necessitated longer braking zones and slower corner speed than I’m sure the car is capable of.
Finally i can submit my list :D
Snake55wildcat1.50.458

If there was a price to win for ugliest car you and C-zeta would defenatly be right on top of that podium :D , but that is an taste issue . As far as the car goes i am happy to see you went with a completely different type of car then most , and even tho you might not have had an PP advantage the car did go really well around the track , challaging at most times but good fun.

Yeah the Fairlady was very difficult to tune right, I had a lot of trouble with it to get it to the stage it is at. Its really meant to be a good driving car instead of a racer, which may or may not be my downfall here, but its about fun and that is what I tried to do with this car. :lol:
Ive also noticed with all the tests' laptimes of my car and compared to my laptime are relatively different, although I suppose since the car's handling characteristics seem to vary widely with driving styles I can understand why. :P

Did my Camaro do a lap time of nothing? It's just so fast it can go faster than 0 seconds. :lol:

Warp speed. :lol:

Nah, I just needed to get down to the business of actually getting into the thing, I kept saying, "I'll test xxxxx's car first, Roj's Camaro has had its test already, it just needs a quick lap, I'll do that later" right the way through…so yea, I'll be doing that later after I test Snake55wildcat's car. :P

Edit: FR sent, Snake. 👍

Roj, did anything change on the Camaro? Because, if you checked the time sheet, it lapped the track nearly 0.5 seconds faster than the Countach which previously led…In my hands as well. Something is definitely up…maybe the Lemon Tart I just ate gave me super powers…

Last edited:
Roj, did anything change on the Camaro? Because, if you checked the time sheet, it lapped the track nearly 0.5 seconds faster than the Countach which previously led…In my hands as well. Something is definitely up…maybe the Lemon Tart I just ate gave me super powers…

Not after posting the official tuning sheet. Double check it if you want.

Not after posting the official tuning sheet. Double check it if you want.

I just did…nothing's wrong…but I'm still surprised at how quick it suddenly became…first test, it was running in the 48s, just now, it was running low 45s, then on the 5th lap, a 44 just popped up all of a sudden…making it the fastest car in my test, I think. Whoops. Looks like you've missed the Beat. :dopey:

I just did…nothing's wrong…but I'm still surprised at how quick it suddenly became…first test, it was running in the 48s, just now, it was running low 45s, then on the 5th lap, a 44 just popped up all of a sudden…making it the fastest car in my test, I think. Whoops. Looks like you've missed the Beat. :dopey:

It's just how the Camaro is. The more time you put into it, the more you realise it handles like a modern car.

I've missed the Beat, but instead I have gained another GT86! :lol:

It's just how the Camaro is. The more time you put into it, the more you realise it handles like a modern car.

I've missed the Beat, but instead I have gained another GT86! :lol:

Yea…weird how yours is so fast compared to RJ and Praiano's though…

Oh god…how many of those do you have now…? :lol: And I take it that, since you've got a tune from raver for the 86 cruiser, I'm off the hook? :dopey: Or do I need to do one because you reviewed my car?

Yea…weird how yours is so fast compared to RJ and Praiano's though…

Oh god…how many of those do you have now…? :lol: And I take it that, since you've got a tune from raver for the 86 cruiser, I'm off the hook? :dopey: Or do I need to do one because you reviewed my car?

I tested all 3 Camaro's and I could get similar times in all 3, however mine feels easiest to drive. Perhaps that's why?

19, with a 20th on another account. :lol:!

Well you tell me. I'm happy with Raver's tune so unless you really want to tune something for me, request done as far as I'm concerned. :lol:

I tested all 3 Camaro's and I could get similar times in all 3, however mine feels easiest to drive. Perhaps that's why?

19, with a 20th on another account. :lol:!

Well you tell me. I'm happy with Raver's tune so unless you really want to tune something for me, request done as far as I'm concerned. :lol:

Yea…possibly, being the god of speed and car control that I am (:lol:), a car that gets its power down better, even if only marginally, makes all the difference.

so a total of 39? Jesus…what are you doing with them all?! :lol:

Meh…since you're happy with raver's tune, that's good enough. Though it won't stop me from carrying on with the one I was already tuning. (same stats as you requested)

In other news………

I IS FINISHED!!!

Yea…possibly, being the god of speed and car control that I am (:lol:), a car that gets its power down better, even if only marginally, makes all the difference.

so a total of 39? Jesus…what are you doing with them all?! :lol:

Meh…since you're happy with raver's tune, that's good enough. Though it won't stop me from carrying on with the one I was already tuning. (same stats as you requested)

In other news………

I IS FINISHED!!!

20th, not 20. So the total is 20. :lol: Collecting them. It's a collectable little car. :D

Well send me that one too and I'll do a comparison. :lol:

20th, not 20. So the total is 20. :lol: Collecting them. It's a collectable little car. :D

Well send me that one too and I'll do a comparison. :lol:

Ohh…I'm blind. :(

It's not bloody done yet. :lol: But when it is…I might, if only to help you up your collection of GT86s by one more. :lol:

Okay, great times Onboy and DaDog 👍. Send me your top three for drivers choice and the car you'd like for being a tester. So that just leaves Jackthalad and DigitalBaka(assuming your times are not final) and an update of the spreadsheet, and we're done. I hope to make everything official in the next 24hrs, so keep a look out for it then. Great job everyone :dopey;

Finished my second runs but left my notes at home. :banghead: I will update mine when I get home. About to do a run through the times in the spreadsheet to make sure everything is updated and PM my driver's choice before I forget.

Still got 9 cars to test (90 Laps), starting to wish I didnt sign up to be a tester, and I shouldn've left it till last minute to start testing. This is turning out to be more of an endurance event for me :lol:

Will keep at it though.

Just waiting on Jack and my update and things should be good. Tallied up the photo poll already, we'll see if there are any additional votes.

Just waiting on Jack and my update and things should be good. Tallied up the photo poll already, we'll see if there are any additional votes.

Guys im going to have to pull out of this one. I left it far to late to start the testing and I cant seem to concentrate properly when testing, causing me to hit walls and get frustrated. I managed to get half them done but theres no chance i'm gonna make the deadline. Once again really sorry to all the tuners that I didnt get a chance to test.

Think I'm just gonna stick the the tuning malarky now. Good luck to whoever wins.

Cheers

EDIT:
The cars that I did try heres the results/feedback.

Lap Times
Best of 10 laps, ABS-1, All other aids off, Grip-Real, Fuel/Tire wear off.

1:42.386 - Rotary Junkie - Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Very quick, quicker than I though it would be. Rear would brake loose easier than the others but still easy enough to control. Set my new PB at Monaco with this.

1:43.162 - praiano63 - Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Something happened to me on the 7th lap, its like i gained superpowers. All of a sudden I started to really push the car and my skills to the limits and knocked off 2 seconds. This car has amazing front grip at high speed corners, steering response is spot on 10/10 there. The car might be a little too stiff because 3 times I nearly rolled it over on the curbs.

1:43.204 - Jackthalad - Lancia Stratos - To make it fair I took this for another test and disregarded my previous best lap time.
This car really does like to oversteer, I think I overdone it a bit with the rear camber as it does like to slide with the slightest bit of throttle. Turn-in is great though, if you get the front pointed where you want it, a little or sometimes no throttle is needed to fly through the corners.

1:43.298 - Dylans1o - Lamborghini Countach LP400
Very easy car to drive, spun out a few times but that was me just pushing the car too much.

1:43.427 - DigitalBaka - Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C3) '69
Tried this straight after the other C3, and this handled much better, the turn-in was better and I was able to post faster times. Perfect balance in my opinion.

1:43.816 - ACSR421 - Chevrolet Corvette Convertible C3
This setup understeered a bit to much for my liking. The rear was maybe planted a bit too much.

1:44.985 - Onboy123 - Mercury Cougar
Took 8 laps to finally achieve what I wanted. I found the car to lack steering response, It felt like it could do with stiffening up a little, I think there was a little too much bodyroll.

1:45.023 - Motor City Hami - BMW 2002 Turbo
Not such an easy ride but I know what this car is like stock and this is a good improvement. It was hard to be consistent and the gears were just a little too short, I was hitting the limiter just before my braking points.

1:45.045 - NightHaunter - Lancia Stratos
Very inconsistent. Understeers at high speed. Front is not responsive. Rear inside tyre spinning. I think you've tried to tune out the oversteer but you have messed up the balance completely.

Thanks for the effort, Jack. Too bad it didn't work out. I'll take you off the sheet, in which case I think the results are all in now unless anyone is still working. Speak now or forever hold your stopwatch. :dopey:

Also, make sure fills have pm'd krenkme with their drivers choice. There are still a couple that I am missing.

Sorry to hear that you couldn't make it Jack :(. It was alot to ask of the testers so thank you for trying and thank you for entering. 👍

Well I guess that's it. Good night. :dopey:

Just kidding. I'm going out with the wife in about an hour (with no kids :embarrassed: :eek: :D ) so in about 13-15 hours (no KIDS :embarrassed: ) I will wake an offical post, so be ready for that! Thanks again for all that took part :bowdown: :dopey:

Latest Posts

Back