Clueless Tunes - Cleaning up (Nov. 23rd)

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 3,040 comments
It is a great honor to receive a review or good words about a tune, but to win the "Tune of the Year" is a great and humbling prize.

A couple of summers ago I stumbled across a thread about the worst car in the game made by C-ZETA (can't fint that thread at the moment). It was a great read, and soon after he created a review thread called "C-ZETA's car reviews". I subscribed to it and love reading it whenever a new post is made. Surprised that Clueless tunes would get not just one, but three reviews, by one of the best reviewers here on GTP. I was even more surprised, when during the C-ZETA Awards 2012, that we would recive the "Tune of the Year". A great big THANK YOU!!! to C-ZETA for this awesome award :bowdown:.. I am very honored. :dopey:

Please go check out the thread HERE

Oh my I see you found it. :)

Yeah that Today really is a car like none I've encountered before, in a very very good way. It's a small car full tune that isn't actually silly in any way, mainly because it comes on SHs as opposed to the typical fun-size fun-car tune that gets put on RS tyres, and the result is pretty dramatic.

As I've said, it does something that no other car of its speed manages, and that is to be fun. It's so easy to drive that you could die and still navigate it round a track, yet so rewarding to drive. When the car just turns in, it feels properly, properly sorted in every way. And the exhaust note even makes it sound, and you feel, heroic. Props to you on that one 👍

Niku Driver HC
Hey krenk, where is that Brera review you said you're going to do? :sly:

Go check the Café :lol:

C-ZETA
Oh my I see you found it. :)

Yeah that Today really is a car like none I've encountered before, in a very very good way. It's a small car full tune that isn't actually silly in any way, mainly because it comes on SHs as opposed to the typical fun-size fun-car tune that gets put on RS tyres, and the result is pretty dramatic.

As I've said, it does something that no other car of its speed manages, and that is to be fun. It's so easy to drive that you could die and still navigate it round a track, yet so rewarding to drive. When the car just turns in, it feels properly, properly sorted in every way. And the exhaust note even makes it sound, and you feel, heroic. Props to you on that one 👍

And I thank you for the great honor! I made the car as a "joke" prize for a shootout, but it just felt very good to drive. I had/have a lot of fun with it, and I'm glad you did as well.

Thanks again :cheers:

Done. :lol: Now its your turn, I've answered your review. :sly:

My turn for what? :sly::lol:

Had some time on the PS3 today, and between testing mine and trackrippers car for the Clueless Classic Shootout, I fine tweeked my Lambo for the newest seasonal. Maybe have it posted in the next few days.

-Have a great day everybody!!! :dopey:

"blauer Blitz"
Based on the Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09

nrburgringnordschleifewu.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife1wq.jpg

Found in the New Car Dealership

843bhp
625pp
561 ft. lb. @7100 RPM of torque
weight 1412 Kg

parts

Auto
Oil Change
Paint - Blue Mica
weight Reduction
Stage 3
Hood (color)
Window
Engine
Stage 3
ECU
Intake
Manifold
Racing Filter
Exhaust
Sport
Turbo
High RPM
Gears
Custom
Drivetrain
Twin Plate
Semi-Racing
Driveshaft
Center Diff
LSD
Suspention
Custom
Tires
Racing Soft (R3)

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune

Downforce
Weight Adjustment - 99 @ -50
Front LSD- 15/23/5
Rear LSD - 18/26/5

Gearing In this order please
Top Speed - 149
1st - 4.510
2nd - 3.395
3rd - 2.580
4th - 2.060
5th - 1.710
6th - 1.455
Final - 2.250
(adjust for speed using final gear)

Ride Hight - Front: -5 Rear: -15
Spring Rate- Front: 6.7 Rear: 7.5
Extention- Front: 7 Rear: 7
Compression- Front: 6 Rear: 6
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 4 Rear: 4
Camber- Front: 1.4 Rear: 2.4
Toe Angle- Front: -0.18 Rear: 0.05
Brakes- Front: 8 Rear: 7

TUNER NOTES -
A fan of Clueless, robogungt , asked if I could tune an Audi R8 5.2 to run at "The 'Ring", and well, here ya' go. Our test driver,DaDog :bowdown: has used it to win in the 650pp seasonal, so enjoy. :dopey:

ahrweilerstreetk.jpg

I just put this tune on a Le Mans quattro and hit the Schwarzwald League A race...it was kind of like using a cruise missile to kill a fly :lol:. Fantastically fun tune, though!

After further experimentation, I'm having a pretty heavy case of understeer at times. Any suggestions? Also, what were the TorqSen Diff settings? Did I miss them in the OP?

Last edited:
Shaddaz
I just put this tune on a Le Mans quattro and hit the Schwarzwald League A race...it was kind of like using a cruise missile to kill a fly :lol:. Fantastically fun tune, though!

After further experimentation, I'm having a pretty heavy case of understeer at times. Any suggestions? Also, what were the TorqSen Diff settings? Did I miss them in the OP?

Thanks. It's good to know the tune still kind of works (understeer :grumpy: )

I always seem to forget something when I write up a 4WD.... try 40/60 split for now, and I'll check on it when I can. As for the adjustments, try ARB at 5/4 and change rear toe to -0.05... but that is just guessing. I'll mess with it soon and get back to you :dopey:

Edit- actually it's 35/65 split. I had a very little time with it last night (too tired... sorry ), but I did notice the understeer so I will work on getting rid of it. 👍

Last edited:
It is a great honor to receive a review or good words about a tune, but to win the "Tune of the Year" is a great and humbling prize.

A couple of summers ago I stumbled across a thread about the worst car in the game made by C-ZETA (can't fint that thread at the moment). It was a great read, and soon after he created a review thread called "C-ZETA's car reviews". I subscribed to it and love reading it whenever a new post is made. Surprised that Clueless tunes would get not just one, but three reviews, by one of the best reviewers here on GTP. I was even more surprised, when during the C-ZETA Awards 2012, that we would recive the "Tune of the Year". A great big THANK YOU!!! to C-ZETA for this awesome award :bowdown:.. I am very honored. :dopey:

Please go check out the thread HERE

Congrats my friend :gtpflag: 👍
Sorry it's late but I'm away long time from gtplanet and GT5 .
Have a good day my friend
ND :dopey:

"Old 21"
Based on the Ferrari 330 P4 RACE CAR '67

nrburgringgpd2k.jpg

nrburgringgpd3.jpg

Found in the New Car Dealership

580bhp
615pp
541 ft. lb. @5500 RPM of torque
weight 927 Kg

parts

Auto
Oil Change/200 miles/oil change
Paint - Red
weight Reduction
Stock
Engine
Stock
Intake
Stock
Exhaust
Stock
Turbo
Mid RPM
Gears
Custom
Drivetrain
LSD
Suspention
Custom
Tires
Racing Hard (R1)

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune

Weight Adjustment: 135@-20

GearingIn this order please
Reset to Default
Top Speed - 249
1st - 2.305
2nd - 1.460
3rd - 1.040
4th - 0.850
5th - 0.718
Final - 4.890
Adjust for speed using final gear

LSD - 9/11/10

Ride Hight - Front: -30 Rear: -18
Spring Rate- Front: 11.0 Rear: 13.8
Extention- Front: 5 Rear: 5
Compression- Front: 3 Rear: 2
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 5 Rear: 5
Camber- Front: 1.7 Rear: 2.5
Toe Angle- Front: -0.14 Rear: 0.10
Brakes- Front: 7 Rear: 5

TUNER NOTES -
Tuned for the Clueless Classic Shootout. Treat it right (throttle control), and you'll love it... mash the gas and I'll send your loved ones flowers :dopey:

nrburgringgpd4.jpg

p4_zpsf0a213a3.jpg

Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car '67

"Clueless Classic" edition

I have created this car for the F.I.T.T. - Clueless Classic Shootout competition.

I chose this car simply because I had just won it in the Ferrari seasonal and decided it would be an interesting challenge. After many frustrating hours this is what I have come up with, still not satisfied but I think this is the best I will be able to do so hopefully it is moderately successful.

Found: New Car Dealership
Colour: Stock
Wheels: Stock

GT Auto
Oil Change

Tuning Shop

The Tune

Horsepower: 471 BHP - Engine fully broken in
Weight: 800kg
PP: 615

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 35/60

Ballast
Amount: 8kg
Position: -45
Weight Balance: 46/54

Engine
Power Limiter
Power Level: 100%

LSD
Initial: 6
Accel: 14
Braking: 9

Transmission
Set Max Speed, then Final, then Ratios.
1st: 2.988
2nd: 1.901
3rd: 1.332
4th: 0.990
5th: 0.780
Final: 4.981
Max Speed: 330kph

Suspension
Ride Height: -20/-10
Spring Rate: 17.9/15.1
Extension: 7/9
Compression: 8/7
Anti-Roll: 6/4
Camber: 2.5/2.2
Toe: 0.12/0.49

Brake Balance: 8/6

Tyres: Racing Hard

Notes: All aids off except ABS, tuned with at DS3 controller. Tried to get rid of as much wheelspin as possible, this car rewards smooth drivers.

7-Litre BBQ 615PP
based on the Dodge Challenger R/T RM '70
challengerrm4.jpg

challengerrm5.jpg

After lightly tuning the base model Challenger R/T, I decided I would have a go at tuning the bad-boy RM version. The additional power and loss of over 400kg doesn't help with traction out back. A bit of ballast out back did wonders for rear traction and also helped to reduce understeer. The chassis has been setup to be more aggressive while attempting to control the ever present wheel spin. My best quick lap had a few one-wheel smokey burnouts around Nurburgring GP/D. At least the exciting sounds coming from the exhaust can mostly drown out the awful tire noise!:dopey:

found in the new car dealership

GT Auto
Racing Modification
Paint: Cherry Black Pearl Effect
Wheels: PDI P525N
Wheel Paint: Gold Metallic

Tuning Shop
ECU Tuning
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customizable Transmission
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit

Power: 670 hp
Torque: 665 ft-lbs
Weight: 1300 kg
Weight Balance: 48:52
PP: 615pp

Power Limiter: 100.0%
Ballast: 40kg/+50
Aero: 20/45

Transmission
select default
Final Gear: Stock
Set Final Gear: 5.000
Top Speed: 130
1st: 2.188
2nd: 1.507
3rd: 1.176
4th: 0.951
5th: 0.787
Final Gear: 3.346 (only adjust the final gear to taste)
Top Speed will be:182mph

Drivetrain
LSD Rear: 5/15/5

Suspension
Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 15.5/12.4
Extension: 8/10
Compression: 8/6
Anti-Roll: 5/6
Camber: 2.3/2.5
Toe: 0.02/0.06

Brake Balance: 6/7

Tires: Racing Hard

Built for the Clueless Classic Shootout found right here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=271045
challengerrm3.jpg

Welcome back Wildheart 👍 going to stick around awhile? :lol:

Great tunes guys. I think we'll make a dent in the shootout 👍

Sorry about not linking the last 4 tunes :nervous: I'll get to them soon.

Have a great weekend everybody :dopey:

p.s. I love the color of the Dodge Theo 👍

Hello. I have yet to update, but do to PD changing the pp system in the most recent update I need to reassess the path and future of Clueless Tunes.

I will not be updating or changing the tune or the OP (other garage members can feel free to do so), unless I feel like or is requested to do so.

In all there is alot I need to look at before the fate of Clueless tunes is decided. Sorry for any inconvenience. :(

Wow update 2.10 has made a very large impact on the game... Just a quick glance through the garage.

Drivetrain Tune (Car) pre-2.10 -> 2.10 Change
FF Asbo ( '02 Focus) 400pp -> 400pp
FF Sparrow ('98 Integra) 460pp -> 460pp
FF '97 Eagle Talon 500pp -> 500pp

Front wheel drive tunes appear to be uneffected for better or worse. 👍

FR Toybox ('88 Volvo 240 GLT) 350pp -> 302pp -48pp!!! :crazy:
FR Roadcone ('98 Midget II) 439pp -> 424pp -15pp
FR JGNX ('83 Skyline HT 2000) 460pp -> 406pp -54pp!!! 323hp -> 332hp +9 hp! and 7 ft-lbs torque!:drool:
FR '07 Mazda RX-8 490pp -> 484pp -6pp
FR Batmobile ('70 Superbird) 499pp -> 438pp -61pp!!!
FR '97 SC 300 500pp -> 446pp -54pp!!! +25hp!!! and 7 ft-lbs torque!
FR '07 XK Coupe Luxury 550pp -> 504pp -46pp!!
FR '02 Jaguar S-Type R 550pp-> 493pp -57pp!!! :crazy:
FR Betta ('10 SLS AMG) 626pp -> 626pp not affected

Huge drop in the performance point rating for many front-engined rear wheel drive tunes. Weight seems to be a big factor in performance point calculation now. Also a small change to lower powered tunes using FR layout. It is difficult to judge all just looking at a few of these tunes.

4WD '97 Move SR-XX 4WD 406pp -> 406pp
4WD '92 Lancer Evo GSR 500pp -> 500pp
4WD Rhubarb Pie ('04 Impreza WRX Spec C) 500pp -> 500pp

No performance point change to four wheel drive tunes for better or worse. 👍

MR Grasshopper ('03 Elise 111S) 420pp -> 420pp
RR '72 500 R 436pp -> 436pp
RR Scarab ('66 1200 Beetle) 500pp -> 500pp
MR '01 C8 Laviolette 590pp -> 564pp
*might be 2.09 caused this change in performance due to aero or the fact that its old and shows up as a FR in the garage menu :crazy:

Except in extreme cases, rear/middle engine tunes appear uneffected. 👍

So it looks like FR was rebalanced to better compete with MR, RR, and 4WD. I wonder how this will affect peoples use of FF due to the now added performance given to the FR platform.

Also thanks for the comments about the Challenger, had to do at least one shot at the same angle as the Blackhawk tune. Love that big block muscle car sound! :dopey:

Last edited:
your "13" silverado tune is a great starting point, best I've found yet only needed a few hours of tuning I can run a 56.1xx on Indy superspeedway 👍

@Theo777. It's interesting to see that not all has changed, but some have so drastically.

It's sad to see that a slightly modified FF Honda Civic at 415pp will now be paired with a fully upgraded Lexus IS300 with over 300+hp :(.

Izzyracer97
your "13" silverado tune is a great starting point, best I've found yet only needed a few hours of tuning I can run a 56.1xx on Indy superspeedway 👍

Thanks. It started life as a tune to beat "supercars", but I got carried away with the number 13 :lol:. I should really put a more "serious" tune on it to see what it can do :dopey:

Hi Krem, What is your opinion about the new Corvette? :grumpy:

I would like you to share your driving experience with us, the words of an expert tuner like you mean a lot. :)

Thanks for commenting :dopey:

sephia412

I would like you to share your driving experience with us, the words of an expert tuner like you mean a lot. :)

Well, it is not appealing to the eye (in my opinion ). And the transmission is very frustrating. The handling is okay, but on off camber corners you can lose the car completely. Over all I was very disappointed, but that may also be my frustration with the game itself at the moment. For a stock car it's not bad, but by no means good either.... just wish I could do something with it :grumpy:

I have yet to drive it. It looks good from the front, but the back looks like it was taken from a Malibu and beaten with the ugly stick until it was black and blue, just without the blue. I saw a comment in Jalopnik that went something "it looks like they designed the front 7/8 of the car and then ran out of time, so they went, 'We'll just combine the Camaro's and the Malibu's rear ends. Oh, and don't forget to add a bunch of not-matching panels!" There seems to be more black accents than there is body color. It just doesn't look American, and that's not good at all for a car like the Corvette.

Good day kremke,hows things going with the Cool Guys. Sorry I couldnt participate in the latest FITT challenge,but Ive recently started using a wheel and am not quite ready yet.Next time for sure The latest Time trial features the nissan gtr spec v 09 as the IT CAR,AND Im using your tune on it.Unfortunately its a sport soft tire set up,still,good enough for the gold.What modifications would you recommend to the tune to get it more in line with the comfort soft tires needed in this time trial. No rush for this,as you are very busy.But any help you can offer would be much appreciated.CHEERS.

morfastmadboy
Good day kremke,hows things going with the Cool Guys. Sorry I couldnt participate in the latest FITT challenge,but Ive recently started using a wheel and am not quite ready yet.Next time for sure The latest Time trial features the nissan gtr spec v 09 as the IT CAR,AND Im using your tune on it.Unfortunately its a sport soft tire set up,still,good enough for the gold.What modifications would you recommend to the tune to get it more in line with the comfort soft tires needed in this time trial. No rush for this,as you are very busy.But any help you can offer would be much appreciated.CHEERS.

Congratulations on the wheel. 👍 where does it need the help? Too loose/tight? Wheel spin? Or just not responsive enough?...
... maybe I should just test it to find out for myself 💡:dopey:

Thanks. It started life as a tune to beat "supercars", but I got carried away with the number 13 :lol:. I should really put a more "serious" tune on it to see what it can do :dopey:[/QUOTE]

it's odd but the truck likes the nose down lower than the rear with every other car the nose is up to loosen the car and down to tighten

Latest Posts

Back