DBeav12's Legit Cops and Cruise Club [CLOSED]

• Thread starter Beav
  • 13,997 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to hear this, I discovered this club recently, I wished I could have sooner :( So, anyone will continue Dbeav's legacy ?

I will continue pop in through my friend's coffee cup :) There are a few on my friend list are regular. We'll meet again at SSR7 Kurei :D

To put things into perspective...
I joined this club on page 12. Out of 698. It blows my mind how big this club has grown since then, and without it I wouldn't have met a lot of you guys. The part of it that I was here for was pretty cool, I don't know how DB managed it all.

So thanks to those of you who made my few experiences in the club enjoyable. I still remember my first lobby with you guys, back in late December or early January, it was nice to have an organized setup for once.

Met a lot of people, had some fun. Disappointed to see this thread fade into obscurity.

Well, I suppose now is a good time to say something in regards to Beav's leaving. This was a great club back when I was a part of it. Even when I occasionally joined random rooms after I left, they were pretty enjoyable for the most part, especially when everyone was driving calmly. Despite all the chaos the rooms seemed to undergo every now and then, a lot of them were pretty decent. The members were nice, and the club leader was great at maintaining everything, and choosing good moderators to assist him in the rooms, and on the thread. It's sad to see the club fall apart like this, but it's not the end of the world. Thanks for everything Beav, you did at good job at running this thing, and you've been doing it for quite a while. I understand why you want to give up the captain's chair. Looking forward to seeing you in GT6.

And then there could always be a rebirth of it in the future. But I wish I could have been hear in the first part of david's club. Also I'm not taking on david's legacy it would tick everyone off. But like I said who knows what could happen ameer could be the rear wheels to this 4WD club he's done such a good job and he's as good as david at controlling things. But many people get easily annoyed bye me and I can understand that. But I'm going to continue my club with my best friend.

This is going to be my last post here if you need me just pm me.

Farewell David's legit cops & cruise. Never forget

Well, I first joined this club, way way back. It was the 10th page I think? However, I too was an ex-member of Ace's, but only found out about this club later in the month of December '12. I joined my first lobby a whole month later, either January or February '13, and it was the most fun I've had in GT5 in a long time. Lobbies like these, give GT5 a whole new breath of life.
I started to join more lobbies, so I could get the same thrill I first got once again, and I've never been disappointed. I applied for a Moderator position in May '13, and I got it surprisingly. I never thought that I person like me could ever get it. In that same month, I also won the PSN card, thanks for that Beav.
In total, I've managed to post here like 800 times!

I still remember them times when we didn't have grammar natzi's or people complaining about double posts. Even Beav used to double post a lot, right at the start! *Sorry Beav if you didn't want people to know that. ;p

But now we've nearly hit the 14,000 post, I can rest assured that Beav, you did a great job at making this successful and one of the most popular clubs on GTP.

I wish I could've joined more lobbies, but now we're at the end of this road and journey.

You will forever live in our hearts.
~DBeav12's Legit Cops and Cruise.

Unit 003 Off-Duty for the Last Time.

(Now I need a new signature. ;p)

Last edited:
*Sigh* Well it's come to this. You know, a couple of times back there I was thinking of quitting. But always, I would vow that I would make it work, and stick with the club until the very end. Now... it looks like I got my wish.

Two cruises really stick with my mind. The first one I joined, and the last one I joined. The first was on a date I will remember. It was New Year's Eve, 2012, and DBeav himself had invited me into this club, but due to timezone issues (which were always a problem), I was unable to join a room until this one. All of a sudden, the police cars I was passionate about had a use and (although I never officially posted an application) I would start my official tour of duty as Gran Turismo Police Department Officer F. Hound, Unit 427.

Through the months, I continued to join lobbies and my police cars continued to be developed. I can say that this club really helped me to learn lessons and to develop police cruisers. I soon experimented with engine tuning and weight reduction and other forms of tuning, and so my cop cars became as fast as the racer vehicles they were tasked to chase. Beside this, I also learned more about being an officer and a cruiser.

I believe the decline started when Doog, Ferrari and Zyla announced that they would branch off to start their own club. A few members went to join them, but it looks like that club is now dead, the thread having been closed soon after Funnyguy attempted to join. New members came in, and that's when the arguments started. It was a nasty downward tailspin that was very difficult to escape from.

The summer was a great period. I was able to join many lobbies, and many lobbies were indeed created. Despite the drama, we proved we still knew how to cruise. However, the decline was fast becoming irreversible as summer gave way to autumn.

The last cruise I joined was one I had the honor of hosting. It was the 9/11 memorial, and as I lead the procession in my blue, silver and red Corvette, I had no idea it would come to this. I put my heart and soul into the speech I gave just before I left, and I will now modify it to put here:

"I must leave now, but the rest of you can keep this going. We shall never forget the cruise club that died today. God bless you all, and God bless America. Goodnight."

Now, the GTPD might just be finished. My police cars lie dormant. I must make a decision. I might attempt to start up a cruise club. I might just go back to being the lone ranger going from room to room. I will give away my police cars to those on my friends list. Now, time is short. I must leave soon, and this club will be on my mind as I go through the day.

Unit 427 off-duty, ending shift for good. Handing in my badge and signing off. It's been a good run guys.

It's a real shame it had to come down to this. I had fun cruising with you guys in this club and got to know quite a lot of you. Some times I've acted like a complete prat and the drama nearly tipped me over the edge a couple of times but I stuck with this club until the very end.

Some days I've been grumpy and some days I've just gotten on with simple driving. My chase evasion tactics might have been pretty pathetic but I had fun trying to outrun Ameer, Hound, NFSGUY and so on.

Although I had to try and juggle racing commitments in leagues, I still found time to wind down and enjoy a cruise. Doog, Zyla and Ferrari provided plenty of entertainment before they left to start their own club. I enjoyed having a laugh with Azn and I grew to respect people like Kitten, Josh and Katie. My time in a position of power when I accepted the proposal to become a moderator may have been short-lived but I tryed my damned hardest to keep the lobbies under control.

I hope to see most of you in future online lobbies in both GTA 5 and GT6 as well as on the PS4. Until GT5 dies out, you can find me in my old racing league of Legend of the Streets as well as my new-found endeavour in the Suzuki Swift Challenge where I'll be competing in my first official series.

Thank you and good night. This is AudiMan2011, signing off.

Last edited:
After reading all the sad posts and thinking about it last night. I am willing to make a new club and receive all that stress Dbeav got. I will make a new thread sometime this week.

After reading all the sad posts and thinking about it last night. I am willing to make a new club and receive all that stress Dbeav got. I will make a new thread sometime this week.
Xpert, are you really sure that you want to deal with this AGAIN? You're courageous enough to do that. Send me PM when you create one. I'll be happy to join.

*Reads the thread and thinks about posting a long paragraph to catch the mood*

Well.... Bye madafackaaaa!

*Jumps in Lexus GS 300 with 694HP, does a burnout, and drive into the horizon, leaving a trail of rainbow skid marks and the aroma of candy*

Last edited:
*Jumps in Evolution Lancer starts it up. Superstreet gets in his Impreza WRX STI. Hitting Rev Limiter, We accelerate off to Toscana, waving to the club goodbye.*

Well now what? this is what was keeping me on gt5, so i guess its time to put that game away for a while.
:'(

Well I hate that the club is now over, but given the drama and inactivity in the past months, I'm thinking it was a good decision.

I had many good times in the lobbies, and I would like to thank DBeav and all of our past and present members for the opportunity. 👍

Well I hate that the club is now over, but given the drama and inactivity in the past months, I'm thinking it was a good decision.

I had many good times in the lobbies, and I would like to thank DBeav and all of our past and present members for the opportunity. 👍

Well said Josh 👍

Well, the title now says closed. Goodbye guys. (although ill still see some of you.)

Thanks again, beav!

MiuraSV777, signing off for the final time.

R.I.P. DBeav12's Legit Cop's and Cruise Club, the greatest club in the history of gtplanet

If my PC hadn't broken down, I would have created a ending video using this piece of music (of something like it):

After the 9-10 months I've been in this club, to date, this has been the best experience I've had online. Through this club, I would not have met most of my friends I now have online.
With this club going strong, being (according to my research) the second most-posted thread in the "Clubs & Leagues" subforum, it saddens me when I come back and see this club closed. But the reasons that DBeav gave us for closing this club made the decision a wise one.
I would like to thank DBeav for creating this club, and for maintaining it for the 10 months it has lived. As of now, it has been shutdown, and being a (former) Admin, I've spent quite a bit on this club.

~ENDURANCEGUY (Unit 61)

I just got back from middle school hoping to see how the club was going and then I find all of this bye posts and.... *faints*.

Well guys It was good to meet you farewell, à bientôt, wir sehen uns später and Ojala nos veamos pronto :)👍

Is the club going to be dead for gt6, or is it just dead for now? If its gone forever, I guess this is goodbye. Good luck everyone. It was a good run for me and the club, and I certainly had a lot of fun. Hopefully we can fire the club up again for gt6, but if not, goodbye, and good luck.

Is the club going to be dead for gt6, or is it just dead for now? If its gone forever, I guess this is goodbye. Good luck everyone. It was a good run for me and the club, and I certainly had a lot of fun. Hopefully we can fire the club up again for gt6, but if not, goodbye, and good luck.

I think that it's closed for good. :(

I wish I was wrong.

when gt6 comes out, if i get it, ill wait about a month and then im going to post a lobby number in the thread (assuming they still have lobby numbers in gt6) and whoever wants to join can join. maybe ill even start my own club

I'm starting a club, don't worry. I'll post the link to it here once I'm done writing the OP. I think I'll be finished with it on Thursday so we'll have a lobby on Friday. All 50 slots will be reserved for members of this club.

I'm starting a club, don't worry. I'll post the link to it here once I'm done writing the OP. I think I'll be finished with it on Thursday so we'll have a lobby on Friday. All 50 slots will be reserved for members of this club.

Besides the ones that cause trouble

Don't start this again. This is one of the things that brought this club down.

Exactly, guys. Even if this club is gone, I just want to say something that should be a rule for other clubs/leagues:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you dont agree, either just smile and nod, or respectfully show your opinion, and not make fun of or thrash onto that person for there opinion. Also, if their opinion is one that you don't like, and that makes you automatic enemies towards that person, its not their fault, or your fault that your opinions differ. Just try as hard as you can to stay friendly towards them, and they will hopefully return the favor.

One more thing, not everyone likes drama, or too much drama. If you like drama, keep it somewhere else, or join a drama club.(:P) Just keep it to a minimum, so people don't go insane fom drama-overload.

I hope some of you guys try to follow my advice, to ensure more friends, and less enemies. :)👍

TheKitten
Well time to unsubscribe. *Waves Paw*
Bye Kitten, for now

I'm sorry to see this club go, I have so many great, memorable times with members of it. Good look DBeav for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back