Diablo 3, coming May 15th. I'm torn, Kaz, will you rescue me?

• Thread starter Lambob
  • 278 comments
Canada
Montreal, Canada
NobleAtreides
Kaz, if GT5 remains in its current state, with lackluster A-Spec, and no expansion in sight, I'm afraid it will be curtains (for a while) as Diablo 3 is coming.

I know, I'll probably play both, but I'll be all over my PC once again, after a long neglected time.

Implying GT5 was ever "great" on a level with Diablo. Shame.

Anyhow, the way runes were/are being handled in the Beta makes me feel the game is going to be somewhat linear... and with little reason to build new characters for different skill paths. Don't see myself having fun making a Melee Sorc, Mageazon, Combat Necro, etc. this time around, or equally silly things. Which was honestly, most of the fun in that game to me.

Diablo III is pretty much the only game i'm going to be playing for a very long time once it comes out. I've been so hyped for this title since 2008. I got into the beta test last year and have been playing that a lot. With each beta patch that comes out, the game has gotten better and better. The mechanics are really solid and the combat is very responsive and brutal looking. The game is just so much fun to play.

I'm planning on playing this with my friends.

I've never played Diablo. The horror, I know, but I honestly had never heard of Diablo until my friends introduced me to WoW. My roommate has the BETA and it looked totally awesome. Been viewing some character gameplay videos and the barbarian playstyle definitely suites me best.

Bram Turismo
I'm planning on playing this with my friends.

I've never played Diablo. The horror, I know, but I honestly had never heard of Diablo until my friends introduced me to WoW. My roommate has the BETA and it looked totally awesome. Been viewing some character gameplay videos and the barbarian playstyle definitely suites me best.

OK I've never played it either, never had a pc capable of playing games until about 4 years ago so I was wondering if somebody could give me an idea of what it's all about?

Is it just Lamborginis? A bit like Porsche, unleaded and Ferrari challenge etc?

Is it just Lamborginis? A bit like Porsche, unleaded and Ferrari challenge etc?

:lol:

I don't know if you're serious or not, but this ^ made me laugh... :D:tup:

Looks like a great game, however I will need to get the new PC im saving up for to play it.

This game is going to the big thing for me. I've been waiting for it for years now, played the beta to death and I can't believve that it's just ten more days I've got to hold out.

I've even re-assigned my vacation so I can get a few undisturbed days with Diablo III; together with a few friends of mine who are going to play, as well.

Blizzard's games have always been special to me... StarCraft II was insanely fun, but I've always been more of a Diablo fan. And I've yet to find a console game that could even come close to the quality that is Diablo.

Past tense? What do you mean?

What is this I don't even.
Past tense, as in "Diablo III is going to consume all my available playing time anyways, so no more SCII" :dopey:
But you are right - SCII ist still an insanely great game.

I used to love Diablo 2, been in the closed beta for a while in D3 (though you could see all there is to see in about 2 hours per char, maybe less) and really enjoyed it. So with that said, really looking forward to playing it on the 15th.

Diablo 3 is being released monday night, I can't wait personally, already have it pre-downloaded ready to install when it unlocks. Anybody else playing?

POSSIBLE STORY SPOILERS IN THIS VIDEO

Kaz, if GT5 remains in its current state, with lackluster A-Spec, and no expansion in sight, I'm afraid it will be curtains (for a while) as Diablo 3 is coming.

I know, I'll probably play both, but I'll be all over my PC once again, after a long neglected time.

If you would have tried some PC sim racers it would have been curtains for GT5 a long time ago :)

Diablo 3 is being released monday night, I can't wait personally, already have it pre-downloaded ready to install when it unlocks. Anybody else playing?
I've preloaded it as well. Got it on preorder since January and the launch coincides with a week of vacation nicely. So, for the first few days, I won't be playing Diablo III, I'll be living and breathing Diablo III.

<10 minutes now.......

EDIT: And in typical Blizzard fashion, the game is not playable because there's too many people playing it. Win.

Last edited:
So what's the deal with Diablo? It looks like a mix of the original Guild Wars and Alien Swarm. I never played the original or the sequel, so why should I bother with this one?

It's pretty much identical to D2 with a few extremely annoying UI decisions.

Still I'm really enjoying it.

Submerged
Is it like StarCraft 2, more of the same, or is there some differences in the gameplay itself?

It's nothing like Starcraft 2. Diablo is an RPGs and loot grabber. It's not a rts at all.

Up to level 18, think if you didn't play D2 you would enjoy it a lot more. Still a good game but a few very annoying things like only 4 hotkeys, and no skill trees.

I was excited about this game until I tried the demo. Is the full version any better or was the demo a pretty good representation of what to expect?

Is it like StarCraft 2, more of the same, or is there some differences in the gameplay itself?
Uh.. No lol. SC is a RTS Diablo is an RPG. Completely different games, well except for the birds eye view.

GotY for me. Easily.

Is there any other option? I can't think of a single of game this year that was at any point 'exciting'.

I got to lvl 14 last night, almost 15. Was playing with some other friends for a good 4 hours, before ones internet went down... We later decided to sleep haha.

I was excited about this game until I tried the demo. Is the full version any better or was the demo a pretty good representation of what to expect?

What didn't you like about the demo? Yeah, except for the world environment gets much better IMO. Right after you defeat the Skeleton King the world starts to get more interesting along with the mobs. In a game play sense, doesn't really change but its really the same as the older Diablo games.

Read the bit in bold and underlined.

It's nothing like Starcraft 2. Diablo is an RPGs and loot grabber. It's not a rts at all.

Uh.. No lol. SC is a RTS Diablo is an RPG. Completely different games, well except for the birds eye view.

I wasn't asking the type of game that Diablo was. Or is. Or anything like that.

I was merely asking whether the evolution from D2 to D3 was similar to StarCraft 1 to StarCraft 2 which is "More of the same" as it has been commonly voiced by most games reviewers or whether there was an actual difference between both games to set themselves apart sufficiently from one another.

This is my original question. Casio seems to imply that it is more of the same as it follows the game's story onwards from D2 (which I have no idea what it is).

Well obviously the core elements are going to be same. But things like classes and enemy encounters are different and feel different.

Back