Do You Think December 21 2012 is The End Of The World?

Do you believe that the armageddon will come in 2012?

• Yeah!!

Votes: 29 6.8%
  • Maybe..

Votes: 17 4.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 33 7.7%
  • Nope!!!

Votes: 341 80.0%
  • I'll tell you tomorrow.... :scared:

Votes: 6 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My music teacher told me about this, this all started from the Mayan Calender. It supposedly predicting when the spanish would come, and other events have also have been predicted. For some reason the calender ends on December 21 2012, do you think it's the end of the world.

Face it, it's over, we're finished, the bombs are gonna blow and we're gonna all turn to dust :rolleyes:

If and when the end of the world comes, there'll be someone, or something getting ready to say "Ha, I told you so!" just before they are reduced to their individual atoms.

Funny the Mayan calendar should tick over to "13" on a date in the Christian Calendar is all 12's? It must be a sign!

Oh. the world will actually end on July 7 of this year... 7-7-7... it's the second coming of Christ! :lol:

Each day that passes brings us one day closer to the end. Thus, every end-of-world prediction is more probable than the last.

Funny the Mayan calendar should tick over to "13" on a date in the Christian Calendar is all 12's? It must be a sign!

Oh. the world will actually end on July 7 of this year... 7-7-7... it's the second coming of Christ! :lol:

June 6th last year didn't do anything. 6-6-6 was supposed to be the end-all of all end-alls.

June 6th last year didn't do anything. 6-6-6 was supposed to be the end-all of all end-alls.

And now we’re not paying attention. They’ll try to get us while we’re napping!

How many times do I have to live through the @#$% apocalypse before we realize that it's not happening during this lifetime?! :ouch:

Maybe the Mayans stoped at 2013 because someone was sick of making calendars for folks who wouldn't be alive for the next 300 years....

It's funny, I got this odd little scar on my head that day and my eyes have since taken a slight reddish tint.

...Personally, I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.

But in my opinion, it makes me cringe whenever I hear a question like that... :nervous:

AT the risk of being labeled a religious fanatic: The bible says that the end of the world as we know it/rapture/The next return of Christ (the "second" coming could be construed as his return after being dead for three days), will "come as a thief in the night, no man knowing the hour..."
So, all the predictions can pretty much be classified as WAGs in my book...

So, when is it?

Anyways, remind me to put off buying christmas presents that year until after the date, just in case. No point in wasting money.

:lol:

When the world ends, it ends. You better hope you've lived a good, full life when it inevitably happens.

No... that's when the anti-Christ comes out... whoops... he's here already.

It's funny, I got this odd little scar on my head that day and my eyes have since taken a slight reddish tint.

:lol:

So, when is it?

Anyways, remind me to put off buying christmas presents that year until after the date, just in case. No point in wasting money.

Always at the top of a Scotsmans agenda! ;):nervous:

The world will end when not when Jesus comes back but the Cookie Monster!

No. And as I don't believe in God, then in my opinion there is nobody who knows. And even the Mayans - whose long-count calendar is believed to end in 2012 by some people and is the place all these 2012 doomsday references came from - didn't believe the world would end in 2012 either, as there have been plenty of sites found where the Mayans have written down dates far past 2012, including some dates as far as 4770 ish.

So yeah, the 2012 doomsday theories are all complete tosh. When 2012 passes, all the nutters who believe the world will end will just pick a new arbitrary date based on some pseudoscientific "fact".

dear SL4sh,

this is god. I just wanted to tell you that the world will never end, because of the simple fact that GT is only on it's 5th iteration, who knows what these crazy japanese will put in the next versions years from now ;).

your's truly

God

No I don't believe at the end of the Mayan long count.

I'm not going to embed the youtube video of what Prof Brain Cox has to say about about people who still believe that the end of the long count dictates the end of the universe, since there is a bit of sweary language.Its not so dissimilar to what he said about people who believe the LHC will destroy the world.

dear SL4sh,

this is god. I just wanted to tell you that the world will never end, because of the simple fact that GT is only on it's 5th iteration, who knows what these crazy japanese will put in the next versions years from now ;).

your's truly

God

SL4sh! Do not listen to him! I am your true god! All he does is spread lies and lead the misguided. GT5 is indeed a reality! So many cars and tracks, online play, damage models, and proper tire sounds! All you have to do to play GT5 is to believe in my divine power and you will be saved. Ignore your savior and you will be damned with Tourist Trophy... foooooreeeeveeeer!!!

Your's truly,

Real God.

The Armageddon is already here. Remember all the excitement the New Year for 1999 going into 2000?? aka Y2K problem?

Nothing is going to happen in 2012 just like nothing happened in 2000 or any of the other years that people "predicted" the world would end. :dunce:

No since the Mayan calendar isn't ending in 2012, is doesn't end for another 41,341,049,999,999,999,999,999,994,879 years.

Okay... I'm going to merge this with the thread we already have on this...

The Armageddon is already here. Remember all the excitement the New Year for 1999 going into 2000?? aka Y2K problem?

Nothing is going to happen in 2012 just like nothing happened in 2000 or any of the other years that people "predicted" the world would end. :dunce:

Indeed. Even if you ignore the fact that the Mayan calendar isn't ending - it's rolling over from 12.19.19.17.19 to 13.0.0.0.0 and has lots of mileage thereafter as Joey points out - we get these kooky predictions all the time, even on GTP...

World to end Thursday June 12th, 2008

Earth to be hit by comet, 25th May 2006 (this one was a good one - he changed his mind when it didn't come true)

There's more, but you get the idea.

Last edited:
No since the Mayan calendar isn't ending in 2012, is doesn't end for another 41,341,049,999,999,999,999,999,994,879 years.

Hmm, it will be gone long before that, probably within 'a mere' 5 Bn years by the Sun, that is, if something else doesn't get us first, something small like a comet, or "slightly bigger" like Andromeda :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back