Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,250 comments
So here is the card for WWE Elimination Chamber tomorrow.

Women's Tag Team Championship.
The Kabuki Warriors (c) v Indi Hartwell & Candice La Rae.

Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship.
Finn Balor & Damien Priest (c) v Pete Dunne & Tyler Bate.

The Grayson Waller Effect with guests Cody Rhodes & Seth 'Freakin' Rollins.

Women's Elimination Chamber Match-winner will face Women's World Champion at WrestleMania.
Liv Morgan v Raquel Rodriguez v Naomi v Becky Lynch v Bianca Belair v Tiffany Stratton

Men's Elimination Chamber Match-winner will face Seth Rollins for the World Title at WrestleMania.
Kevin Owens v Bobby Lashley v Randy Orton v Drew McIntyre v LA Knight v Logan Paul

Women's World Championship.
Rhea Ripley (c) v Nia Jax

That women's tag title match was made during the press event that took place early this morning, its only a way to get Aussie Indi Hartwell on the card but I don't mind it, it'll be a big moment for her.

Also during the press event it was confirmed that Rhea v Nia will be the main event as expected. It will be the first women's main event since Bianca Belair and Sasha Banks main evented Night One of Mania 37.

The show starts 10am UK time tomorrow, I'm in work but finish at 12 so I'll rush home to watch it.

Smackdown tonight was taped last week, on it will be LA Knight v Drew McIntyre, Bron Breakker's in ring debut, Dunne & Bate v Dominik & McDonagh and Street Profits v AOP.

Watching this taped Smackdown has to be funniest thing for Australians :lol:

"Lashley may be injured he has to compete in the Elimination Chamber tomorrow"

Tomorrow, more like in a few hours since the taped Smackdown and Elimination Chamber are on the same day :lol:

In the Kayfabe world of WWE, America to Australia is only a few hours drive

Last edited:
The mens chamber match was a bit underwhelming but the others were good, even with expected winners.

Mami on top even Down Under.

I enjoyed the show, no surprise with any of the winners. The men's chamber match was my match of the night but the tag title match between Judgment Day and New Catch Republic was a bit of a banger.

Seth said that he is only a few days away from being medically cleared and Cody challenged the Rock to a match anywhere anytime, Rock will be on Smackdown next week.

The men's world title match and women's world title match have been made official for WrestleMania which is now 42 days away, everything else should fall into place in the next few weeks.

The Men's was definitely used to set up storylines which explains why its Drew McIntyre vs. 5 Smackdown guys :lol:

Drew McIntyre was just capitalizing on everyones problems that didn't concern him.

You know what would be interesting though. This set up a Drew face turn as his heel turn came from his grudges against the Bloodline and taking it out on Jey Uso. After his match with Seth, Drew helps Seth and Cody take down the Bloodline?

Last edited:
A few notes from the Chamber event.

There were some great performances in the women's chamber match, Tiffany Stratton made a star-making appearance as she did some great moves, took a lot of the bumps and was very over with the crowd chanting 'Tiffy Time' throughout. Naomi made the most of her time in the match and did some great spots, Raquel Rodriguez has had a flare up of her skin condition recently and it looks really nasty but she still showed up and gave it everything.

Loved the fact that AJ Styles flew half way across the world just to beat the crap out of LA Knight! :lol:

Drew tweeted earlier with a short vid of him celebrating the win with the pyro going off behind him, he said if you get a big win they let you have a portion of Cody's pyro budget. :lol:

Bronson Reed was supposed to be at the PLE (either in a match or something), but he just became a dad before they started traveling.

Only two things advertised for Raw and that's Sami Zayn v Shinsuke Nakamura plus New Day v Imperium in a street fight.

The Rock will be appearing on the next three consecutive Smackdown's.

Great little promo interaction between Seth and Drew on last night Raw, first off Drew fired some more shots at CM Punk. Then when Seth come out Drew said that he shouldn't bother with the whole Bloodline stuff and focus on their title match and that if he was champion he wouldn't care if Smackdown was on fire. Seth responded by saying he had looked at the bigger picture and that if the Bloodline wasn't dealt with then they would just get bigger and come after the World title and that fighting them was worth the risk.

Elsewhere it looks like maybe Nia Jax and Liv Morgan might be involved in the women's world title picture but I think it will get resolved before Mania so it will be Rhea v Becky one on one, Cody get very aggressive and pent up with Heyman after his match with Grayson Waller in the main event, Paul was there to get Cody to change his mind about challenging the Rock and appeared with some off duty police officers, Cody just beat them all with a chair then gave a great line 'The Bloodline are not hunting me, I'm hunting the Bloodline'.

New Day and Imperium had a fantastic street fight in which they just went all out and just killed each other. Sami Zayn got a much needed win over Nakamura and that might put him in the IC title picture which is looking interesting now as Judgment Day interrupted Gunther with Dominik stepping up to him, Chad Gable gave an impassioned speech to Adam Pearce as to why he deserves another shot at Gunther and he released a great little video on his socials earlier.

Jey Uso v Drew McIntyre has been made for next week after they went at it backstage.

I first started watching wresting in the mid-90s, when ITV here in the UK used to show WCW on Saturday mornings. Sting was always my favourite wrestler. I know retirements are never really set in concrete, but if it is his absolute final match on Saturday I hope he goes out with an absolute banger.

Advertised stuff for Smackdown tonight, its set to be a big one.

The Rock, Roman Reigns, Cody Rhodes and Seth Rollins will all appear.
Bayley & Dakota Kai v The Kabuki Warriors-Dakota's first match back from long term injury.
Naomi v Tiffany Stratton.
Carlito v Santos Escobar-Street Fight.

The Rock has put out a long 20 minute video of him basically ripping into Cody, the main soundbite from it is when he said 'from the bottom of my heart, man to man, **** your story'.

After watching Smackdown highlights, the pessimist in me just got really down in thinking the story won't end and they are going to milk the Bloodline further.

Night 1:
Jimmy beats Jey
Cody and Seth win, barring the Bloodline from Night 2.

Night 2:
In the constant downs since leaving the Bloodline, Jey costs Cody the match and helps Roman win and we're back to where we started.

That immediate thought in my mind just made me tell myself to "**** off" and I hope I'm wrong

The biggest moment for me from the whole segment was the Rock acknowledging Roman, he seemed to hesitate before he did it though so I wonder if there is something in that, I don't really like the stipulations as it makes the whole thing look more bloated and over booked.

The segment over ran by 10 mins and took up the first 40 mins of the show, it meant they had to rush the rest of it. Rey Mysterio returned during the street fight to make sure Santos Escobar got his comeuppance, Dakota Kai turned on Bayley during the tag match, Randy Orton beat Austin Theory in the main event.

I first started watching wresting in the mid-90s, when ITV here in the UK used to show WCW on Saturday mornings. Sting was always my favourite wrestler. I know retirements are never really set in concrete, but if it is his absolute final match on Saturday I hope he goes out with an absolute banger.
And he does.

Also :lol: at these fans referencing a near 25 year old movie Sting had a bit part in

Paul Heyman is the first inductee into this years WWE Hall Of Fame, very well deserved I think you will agree.

Only two things advertised for Raw in a bit, Nia Jax v Becky Lynch and Jey Uso v Drew McIntyre.

Paul Heyman is the first inductee into this years WWE Hall Of Fame, very well deserved I think you will agree.

Only two things advertised for Raw in a bit, Nia Jax v Becky Lynch and Jey Uso v Drew McIntyre.
He's the one saving grace of the part timer Champion hell we have been on for the past 10 years. What would be the point of watching if it wasn't for Paul Heyman? Sure Sami Zayn and Jey Uso were highlights in the Bloodline storyline but it was incredibly brief and small scope of the bloated storyline. Heyman is the one who stops it from being a total narrative disaster

After Raw last night as Drew McIntyre was leaving there was some fans outside chanting CM Punk, Drew responded by driving past them whilst playing Cult Of Personality on the sound system. And he has had a little Twitter spat with Seth Rollins today, someone needs to take his phone off him! :lol:

NXT Road Block is tonight, there is a big gauntlet match on Raw next week where the winner faces Gunther for the IC title at Mania. taking part will be Ricochet, Bronson Reed, Sami Zayn, JD McDonagh, Chad Gable and Shinsuke Nakamura which is a good selection I think.

It was said last night that both the Universal title match and the World Heavyweight title match will be on the Sunday at Mania as 'co-main events'.

Last edited:
And he does.
I like an extreme match now and then, but that one was pushing it just a bit. Darby is like a nuttier version of Jeff Hardy, I didn't know that was possible.

Great sendoff for the stinger. Didn't stay too long until he was a broken shell. Seems to have a good relationship still with WWE (they mentioned him on Raw), maybe he signs a Legends contract and shows up once in a while.

Long overdue HoF for Heyman.

After Raw last night as Drew McIntyre was leaving there was some fans outside chanting CM Punk, Drew responded by driving past them whilst playing Cult Of Personality on the sound system. And he has had a little Twitter spat with Seth Rollins today, someone needs to take his phone off him! :lol:

NXT Road Block is tonight, there is a big gauntlet match on Raw next week where the winner faces Gunther for the IC title at Mania. taking part will be Ricochet, Bronson Reed, Sami Zayn, JD McDonagh, Chad Gable and Shinsuke Nakamura which is a good selection I think.

It was said last night that both the Universal title match and the World Heavyweight title match will be on the Sunday at Mania as 'co-main events'.
Probably see the World Heavyweight Chanpionship match going first on Sunday

Back