Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,248 comments
I don't think I've heard of her, her name and face doesn't ring a bell.
TL;DR is one of the major names in Japan during the late 80's to mid 90's, brief stint in WWF along the way, but mostly inducted for influence on wrestling overall. Outside of two exhibitions, forced into retirement in 1997 owing to the amount of injuries that piled up (also eventually the alcohol problem catching up with her)

A decent crash course on her career overall

v.s Aja Kong, the woman I'd have inducting Bull (also someone worth a HOF induction in her own right)

v.s Alundra Blayze/Madusa during Bull's WWF run (excluding the two matched worked there in 1986)

v.s Manami Toyota, another inductee I'd do just on influence alone

Ssshhh but Bull Nakano of today 😳

Last edited:
I'd heard that she had been more active in wrestling again...one of AJWs best known wrestlers, glad she's getting recognition, hopefully she is the first of many more to be inducted.

That said, there is a universe of difference between those All Japan Women's matches and the Federation matches. Yes it shows how much Vince and Co thought of the division (I'm convinced he restarted the division in '93 because he knew she was former AWA and Vince seemed to revel in hiring Verne's talent, even with AWA being dead by then), but also how serious it's takes as a combat sport in Japan as opposed to the US...and Bull Nakano is one of the wrestlers that seemed to be able to flick a switch at the bell, I still need to watch more video...

And, incidentally, zero relation to Tam Nakano despite the math adding up :sly:. Just a happy case of two workers who happened to have the same name (and in Bull's case was her birth last name)

Nowdays, mostly doing appearances for Sukeban with her last two matches being brief (like one minute max) cameos in gauntlets in 2012 and 2017.

(also if I had my fantasy booker hat on and access to a time machine, I'd so do prime Bull Nakano v.s Saki Kashima for the comedy)

Last edited:
So for Smackdown tonight its mostly about Rock, Roman, Cody and Seth as all will appear, Cody and Seth are set to give Rock and Roman their decision about the tag match. also on the show will be Bobby Lashley v Karrion Kross and Grayson Waller & Austin Theory v Kevin Owens & Randy Orton.

The Rock has posted another long video promo dissing Cody, this time its a more manageable 10 mins, and he is wearing a cowboy hat!

Congrats goes to Dominik Mysterio who got married to his long term love today, Damien Priest and Rhea Ripley were there but no Balor or McDonagh, Dominik got booed during his speech! :lol:

Main highlight from the Rock/Roman/Cody/Seth thing on Smackdown.

The Rock has a great new entrance.
The tag match has been made for Mania Saturday.
A reminder of the stipulations which are if Cody and Seth win the Cody's title match with Roman will be one-on-one, if Rock and Roman win then the match will be 'Bloodline Rules', which basically means anything goes.
Seth called Rock Mr mid life crisis, which was a great line!
The Rock called Cody a mistake but Cody slapped the Rock back, which was a proper slap!

That was basically it but it was a great segment, I think maybe the tag match could open night one rather than main event it, Seth Rollins returned to in ring action at a live event last night when he teamed up with Cody to beat Jimmy Uso and Solo, that match probably will be on TV in the coming weeks, maybe on the Raw before Mania.

Advertised stuff for Raw tonight.

Becky Lynch v Liv Morgan
IC title gauntlet match.
Kabuki Warriors v Baszler & Stark
Michael Cole interviews Cody Rhodes.
Adam Pearce and Nick Aldis make a big announcement.

The gauntlet match will be the main event and rightly so, hopefully they will give it a lot of time maybe an hour.

What do you think about that announcement? My guess is they are splitting the tag titles.

Muhammed Ali is the latest inductee in to the hall of fame this year, he was guest enforcer during one of the early Mania's for a tag match involving Hulk Hogan, he will probably go in the celebrity wing.

Becky Lynch v Liv Morgan
IC title gauntlet match.
Kabuki Warriors v Baszler & Stark
Michael Cole interviews Cody Rhodes.
Adam Pearce and Nick Aldis make a big announcement.

The gauntlet match will be the main event and rightly so, hopefully they will give it a lot of time maybe an hour.

What do you think about that announcement? My guess is they are splitting the tag titles.

Muhammed Ali is the latest inductee in to the hall of fame this year, he was guest enforcer during one of the early Mania's for a tag match involving Hulk Hogan, he will probably go in the celebrity wing.
Well it was something about the Tag Titles and honestly disappointed.

Let R-Truth finish his story :(.

If I had a nickel everytime a storyline involving The Miz and Wrestlemania is interesting only to be wasted in a multi man cluster****, I would have 2 nickels, which isn't a lot but weird it happened twice

Last edited:
Whoever thought it was a good idea to have Pat McAfee call WWE action... you're the best. I love this dude! His commentary was great on the latest Monday Night RAW here in my hometown of Houston, Texas, USA. I wasn't at RAW, but it was a pretty cool episode.

The gauntlet match was great with perhaps a surprising winner, it was Sami Zayn who beat Chad Gable and will now face Gunter for the Intercontinental title at Mania, Sami went through Bronson Reed, Nakamura and finally Gable to win, everyone thought Gable was going to win.

There will be a tag title ladder match at Mania which was the 'big' announcement, its five teams plus the champs Judgment Day and the five teams will be decided by qualifying matches on both shows, 12 people in a ladder matches sounds like chaos!

Great promo stuff with Seth and Drew and then Cody and Michael Cole, Kabuki Warriors defended their tag titles against Baszler/Stark, Jey Uso challenged his brother Jimmy to a match at Mania.

Its been announced today that Summerslam will be held in Cleveland at the Cleveland Browns Stadium on August 3rd, its was announced by Cleveland's own Logan Paul on his impaulsive show.

The gauntlet match was great with perhaps a surprising winner, it was Sami Zayn who beat Chad Gable and will now face Gunter for the Intercontinental title at Mania, Sami went through Bronson Reed, Nakamura and finally Gable to win, everyone thought Gable was going to win.
Gable deserved a push more but I don't think either one was going to win the title.
They need to find a way for Gunther to drop the IC title and get involved in the main championship mix - the Ring General has been fantastic for a long time and deserves a shot, rather than being stuck in the midcard.

Gable deserved a push more but I don't think either one was going to win the title.
They need to find a way for Gunther to drop the IC title and get involved in the main championship mix - the Ring General has been fantastic for a long time and deserves a shot, rather than being stuck in the midcard.
Will probably happen at Summerslam

There will be a tag title ladder match at Mania which was the 'big' announcement, its five teams plus the champs Judgment Day and the five teams will be decided by qualifying matches on both shows, 12 people in a ladder matches sounds like chaos!
I'd wager that this how the tag belts (finally) get split up. On paper this could be one of the best matches on the card.

Anyone here up for a bit of Meat Mania?!

I should probably explain, Bronson Reed has been pitching a match for Mania on social media, it will involve some of the larger guys on the main WWE roster and both Ivar and Otis have said they are up for it, its being called Meat Mania because its big meaty men slapping man meat! I can get on board with it an it will make for an interesting match.

Who else could be involved? Omos maybe?

Big E Reaction GIF by WWE

Honestly Meat Mania would be the perfect chance for Big E to return as a suprise entrant.

If he could that is, I know the injury was really bad and returning is unlikely
If it happens, keeping his physical involvement to a bare minimum would be the best bet.

Iyo Sky's older sister Mio Shirai is a good example. Retired in 2015 due to neck issues as well, has worked a few matches since but was either part of a multi-woman affair where physical involvement is lessened or an exhibition no longer than five minutes.

The Rock and Cody Rhodes will be on Smackdown which is on in a few minutes, The Rock posted another long promo ripping into Cody, this time saying that he will give Cody's weight belt dripping in his blood to his mother.

Bayley v Dakota Kai, two tag team qualifiers, Randy Orton v Grayson Waller and Dragon Lee v Santos Escobar are advertised.

So, "active WWE talent under WWE contract working WrestleMania weekend indy event" on anyone's bingo card? Apparently not the only one signed on to do it as well.

Jimmy Uso v Jey Uso and AJ Styles v LA Knight also made for Mania.

Is it me or is the tag team tournament stuff a bit confusing? They are having a tournament for the qualifiers for the tag team ladder match at Mania, why not just have regular qualifying matches for it where if you win you qualify?

Apparently Shayna Baszler is gonna be working Josh Barnett's Bloodsport X on WrestleMania weekend. Seems like WWE and GCW have a working relationship.

Jimmy Uso v Jey Uso and AJ Styles v LA Knight also made for Mania.
Definitely looking forward to Uso vs. Uso, that has to have been at least seven months in the making, dating all the way back to SummerSlam last year.

Can't say the same for AJ & LA, however as that goes back a lot sooner. Possibly the Royal Rumble, but I've just started watching on a regular basis again after the Rumble so without the help of our friend the internet, I don't know the storylines that well.
Is it me or is the tag team tournament stuff a bit confusing? They are having a tournament for the qualifiers for the tag team ladder match at Mania, why not just have regular qualifying matches for it where if you win you qualify?
There's no tournament from what I know. They're having regular qualifying matches: Three on RAW, whereas the SmackDown matches were won by Legado Del Fantasma and New Catch Republic. They, and the winners of each match on RAW will go to WrestleMania to compete in the six-pack ladder match for the belts.

Last edited:

The Miz & R-Truth v Indus Sher-tag team qualifier.
DIY v The Creed Bros-tag team qualifier.
New Day v Akira Tozawa & Otis-tag team qualifier.
Gunther and Sami Zayn contract signing.
Becky Lynch v Nia Jax-Last Woman Standing match.

Lynch v Jax should really be the main event.

Becky spent St Patrick's Day yesterday meeting President Biden at the White House!

Back