Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
I wonder if they will sneak some fancy weather effects and mechanics, into the final product. But I think they will, seeing how they hired some people who use to work for Bizarre Creations.

Last edited:
I wonder if they will sneak some fancy weather effects and mechanics, into the final product. But I think they will, seeing how they hired some people who use to work for Bizzare Creations
That really only confirms my & Brad's impressions more.

I think Bizarre Creations have always had a love for weather and nature, which is one reason I mentioned about weather. However while it is a shame Bizarre Creations doesn't exist anymore, it is good thing Evolution Studios hired some of the former members.

However while it is a shame Bizarre Creations doesn't exist anymore, it is good thing Evolution Studios hired some of the former members.

Keep in mind that Playground Games (Forza Horizon) also has former Bizarre people as well. Oh, and Criterion, Black Rock, and Codemasters. Basically the four horsemen of racing game producers...

3) They trademarked this game nine years ago? So, you mean that it hasn't been good enough for release for nearly a decade? What the hell does that mean when you compare it to everything else on the market?

My understanding was that they have been waiting for the tech(system) that could support all their ideas, not that they've been working on it for that long.

Holding judgement big time on this one. I almost wanna call it a TDU but I'm really hoping it'll be Sony's PGR.

Keep in mind that Playground Games (Forza Horizon) also has former Bizarre people as well. Oh, and Criterion, Black Rock, and Codemasters. Basically the four horsemen of racing game producers...
That is why I said some, but I am glad they all got new jobs. And because of this, we all win in the end. 👍

Last edited:
I don't really care if they model the lint or salt stains on the carpet or a dried up raindrop on the windshield. All I care about is the physics, car modelling and whether the online is good or not. If there's a demo I'll give it a shot and go from there.

I'm hoping it's Sony's answer to Forza Horizon, I'd like that.

Well, they said they had the idea 10 years ago and the name trademarked 9 years ago. So, I dont really agree with them releasing the game to answer to forza horizon, but, when playstation makes it exclusive to the ps4, then it could be the answer to forza horizon.

Well, they said they had the idea 10 years ago and the name trademarked 9 years ago. So, I dont really agree with them releasing the game to answer to forza horizon, but, when playstation makes it exclusive to the ps4, then it could be the answer to forza horizon.

Yes, indeed.

Be funny if they only had all old Supras and super cars from 10yrs ago lol.

It looked kinda cool tho. Seems to be like gt5 meets nfs.

Well, its at least got one thing GT doesn't have... people opening and closing the doors on the cars! LOL, PD makes me laugh sometimes. How do you make a game thats all about cars and has some of the most detailed models in gaming period but there is not ONE damn animation of a car door opening and closing!

PD must feel threatened when in the first scene in this trailer for DC, a car door has opened and then CLOSED. O_O haha, j/k but this game looks alright. Of course, I'm immediately skeptical of it because I'm defensive with GT.

Maybe because of GT5's ultra premium cars, I wasn't blown away by the car models. However, the environment is beautiful, especially after getting used to GT5's. That said, I'm not downplaying the game or anything. GT5 just set the standard high on the car models. I think this will be the game I'll be getting to tide me over until GT6.

Opening and closing car doors, reminds me of collecting museum cards, cool at first, but imagine having to go through it each time you start and finish a race, change cars etc, if its done badly.

Maybe because of GT5's ultra premium cars, I wasn't blown away by the car models. However, the environment is beautiful, especially after getting used to GT5's. That said, I'm not downplaying the game or anything. GT5 just set the standard high on the car models. I think this will be the game I'll be getting to tide me over until GT6.

I agree, as Drive Club looks to be the hext racing game for me.

I was ready to jump into Project Cars, but with the PS4 on the Horizon, I am going to pass. 99% of all PS3 games from here on out are a no purchase now.

I am actually really excited about this one.

Cliffnotes I got from it;

-First person player/driver persepctive (I'm sure you will have other camera options once you are in the car, but this seems to be the focus)
-Immersion seems to be the key here. They want you to really feel like you own this car, and this you are driving it
- Opening the hatch/hoods, opening and closing the doors, I love this. It's all done to make you feel like the driver. Clever stuff
- Team based racing. I live this too. Can't wait to see further info on this, and how it's handled.

3) They trademarked this game nine years ago? So, you mean that it hasn't been good enough for release for nearly a decade? What the hell does that mean when you compare it to everything else on the market?

As someone else satted, they were waiting for the right time, when the technology was there, not working on it for 10 years.

That really only confirms my & Brad's impressions more.

Exactly. This feels like the spiritual successor to the PGR games, which I loved.

Was blown away by this game.

Don't care at all if it's arcade style, sim, or "sim-cade" as longs as it's fun.

People smoking crack saying that GT5 looks better. LOL.

EDIT: I almost always drive in Cockpit view anyway so if it's that way or not doesn't matter to me.

This also has blown Project CARS 100% off my radar.

Also, the sounds were wonderful. GT6 could take some tips in this department.

I think this will be a great holdover until GT6 comes out.

The more racing games we have, the merrier :D

I really like the 1st person view, the sound of the boonet shut and the seat belt sound. If they are really that pedantic with details, I believe they are pendatic about physics as well.

And honestly, they have better taste in cars than Polyphony :D

The more racing games we have, the merrier :D

I really like the 1st person view, the sound of the boonet shut and the seat belt sound. If they are really that pedantic with details, I believe they are pendatic about physics as well.

And honestly, they have better taste in cars than Polyphony :D

Ya, koenigsegg really needs to make an appearance in a GT game soon.

Pretty much every game out now has it. Sucks because I've been a koenigsegg fan for a while, loved the original Agera. Would like to drive on in a GT game.

EDIT: and the huayra, man GT5 car list is starting to look dated :(

But at least they have the greatest car ever made, the McLaren F1. So that makes up for it a lot in my book.

I was looking out for the Porsche brand in the field of logos and noticed RUF, that answers that question hah.

Now we're entering the fourth generation of Playstation and still have the same issue with that brand and a certain 3rd party publisher...

Finally Sony is using another IP for racing games with real life cars. Gran Tourismo can't do everything. Xbox have Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon, this Driveclub could be the Forza Horizon competitor.

The more racing IP's the better.

A console like PS4 can't rely only on a single franchise. This will also take some pressure away from PD because people will have something new to race with, instead of complaining about GT6 delay.

Jay
I was looking out for the Porsche brand in the field of logos and noticed RUF, that answers that question hah.

Now we're entering the fourth generation of Playstation and still have the same issue with that brand and a certain 3rd party publisher...

That being said, it could always be added as DLC later on like a certain game on the "other console".

I hope some gameplay footage is relased before E3 to answer some of my questions on how this team play concept will work.

This was the only game that really caught my attention at the event. I'd love to hear some more details about it. The 'club' part got me somewhat sceptical, but overall, it looked and sounded like a fun eqvuialent to PGR on the Playstation.

Last edited:
Back