Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
I think it looks great. I love Evolution's previous stuff. It me it looks a lot like a PGR title, and at first I actually thought it was going to be PGR5. Which, would've been fine. I'm not overly concerned about the physics given the Motorstorm titles, but it is a the big question mark in all of it.

People are getting too blinded by GT to see a potentially good game. But, that's alright.

100% agree and if they manage to pull off a PGR style game with teams then that's noting but good in my opinion.

Definitely going to keep up to date on this game, looks great. And if it's like PGR in a way then I'm cool with it. Physics are not a concern to me this time 'round.

👍

I'm curious about this. This will be their third IP. I'm sure they've learned a lot from the WRC and Motorstorm games. So, has DC been given the task of competing with Forza while GT6 is focused on PC sims? I'll be watching this game.

I'm curious about this. This will be their third IP. I'm sure they've learned a lot from the WRC and Motorstorm games. So, has DC been given the task of competing with Forza while GT6 is focused on PC sims? I'll be watching this game.

Doubt it,Forza will always target GT .This seems a Sony PGR .First thought when I saw this was actually a new PGR game.

Unless you mean Horizon than yes 👍

So, has DC been given the task of competing with Forza while GT6 is focused on PC sims?

What?

Gran Turismo is nowhere near even the last generation of PC sims. GT may feel great, but it doesn't have a tyre model to speak of which puts it somewhere way back in the sim dark ages with the rest of the sliding bricks. PC sims like iRacing, pCARS, Assetto Corsa and rF2 are all breaking new ground with their interpretations of what a tyre model should be. GT hasn't even started.

GT6 will not compete with this generation of PC sims. It would be like asking someone to go from designing WWI biplanes straight to building Concorde.

GT will probably stay competing with Forza Motorsport. DC may be focussed at the Forza Horizon/Need for Speed/Test Drive type market, or it may be something else entirely. I'd say that niche would be a good one for a launch game though, those types of games tend to sell pretty well to a wide range of people.

This looks amazing. The closest I have seen to this attention to detail inside AND out on a console is Forza 4 especially the autovista.

860375_10151456884291670_754466789_o.jpg

Here You go

...People are getting too blinded by GT to see a potentially good game. But, that's alright.
That's the truth.

This looks like a good game, and I say that like Riddick does in Pitch Black.

It is a shame that the game focuses on teams, but like with the physics, we'll just have to see how it evolves. Like I say, it loks good.

So everybody who is looking forward to this game is going to buy a PS4 on release?

:D

So everybody who is looking forward to this game is going to buy a PS4 on release?

:D
I'm getting an PS4 because there are going to be quite a few games I'm interested in, Drive Club and GT6 being amongst them.

I will be buying a PS4 at release and definitely will be picking this up no matter when it releases. Looks cool, hopefully it has good wheel support.

I didn't think it was that great a game, first thing I thought was GT5's cars already look visually better than that and it seemed like it was just another Need For Speed game. Haven't bought an Evolution Studios game since WRC2 extreme.

To be honest, when looking at the best GT5 cars, there isn't much in it but like I said this will be an overall much better looking game.

Don't confuse GT5 CGI of Ferrari 458 i.e. in promotion video before GT5 was released. The graphics of ingame car in GT5 aren't that great as one might think. I.e. check the details of drivers hands in DriveClub game when he grabs the wheel of AgeraR or the guy waving at the end in Pagani. That's details! Forget the autovista and photomode in GT5. Compare the graphics when you drive the car.

GT5 is a good looking game, but far from what we've seen from this game. Oh and the sound of those cars in DC ... WOW! Iirc, Kaz said sound in GT5 is much more than real? :D Yeah ...

Just be glad other developers try to influence the racing genre. The competition is good.

I agree, was loving the sounds myself and as you can probably see by my avatar. This game has my full support. 👍

I like it...it will be a good way to play...I personally like more simulators but if the game is good and fun...hey after all even simulators are games...So I´ll be getting this. It looks fantastic.

Back