DTM vs GT500 Sunday Weekly Event

• Thread starter easy9
  • 83 comments
I think I saved the races but I haven’t downloaded to make sure. I learned a lot on Sunday’s about tire wear and pit strategy. The system put me in a set of hard tires (should have been intermediates) that wore like soft tires so my Laguna race got fairly messed up. The other big learning was to make sure in traffic to remember to see your break points. I crashed in Tokyo because I watching everyone else and didn’t break in time. I’m slowing gaining experience but it does take time. I need to stop working so I can race more. I will try to make Friday…Bob

I think I saved the races but I haven’t downloaded to make sure. I learned a lot on Sunday’s about tire wear and pit strategy. The system put me in a set of hard tires (should have been intermediates) that wore like soft tires so my Laguna race got fairly messed up. The other big learning was to make sure in traffic to remember to see your break points. I crashed in Tokyo because I watching everyone else and didn’t break in time. I’m slowing gaining experience but it does take time. I need to stop working so I can race more. I will try to make Friday…Bob

Intermediates - its a wet tyre, it will finish in 2 laps on dry track.

Braking point is very important, if you are following another car at the main straight in the slipstream, you could be doing 10 to 20mph more at the end and you will need to brake a car length or 2 earlier, also the car in front may brake early too if he is in a slipstream or got no tyres left or on a harder tyre etc......

Easy: I meant Racing Medium tires. I must still be suffering from concussion type symptoms from the hard lick into the wall. It is no wonder I am having difficulty communicating with my race engineer to get the back end to stick on corner exit…Bob

Sign me pls.

Last race I had trouble with chosing the right tyres. First race, 9lap Tokyo, I had 5 sec lead and decided to try to pit (omg), result: 5th(?) place. Another mistake next Tokyo race with pit strategy. Laguna sega 23lap, tried medium/medium, when soft/med was the best choise. Was fun.

###NEW Rule###
8) Restarts:

If someone had a connection problem / game error at the start (disconnection or black screen etc), he must try to make his way back to the lobby and send a 'restart' massage on chat within 5 min of the start, all cars already started will race as normal. If I see the restart massage within 5 min, I will call for a restart and we will take a random grid. Only 1 restart per race.

Sign me pls.

Last race I had trouble with chosing the right tyres. First race, 9lap Tokyo, I had 5 sec lead and decided to try to pit (omg), result: 5th(?) place. Another mistake next Tokyo race with pit strategy. Laguna sega 23lap, tried medium/medium, when soft/med was the best choise. Was fun.

The tyres are not perfect, the hard tyres are too slow to be any used at the moment, but yes it is more fun now with all different pit strategy:tup:

Back to GT500/DTM now. There are a few changes to the rules, please read the OP. For those who like to take part in the team championship next month (4 Sundays in May), you need to start testing cars ASAP.

You need to select one car from Group A and one car from group B as your primarily car and let me know by 25th April, it is still possible to change cars later.

I will post details of the championship as soon as its ready.

Testing tomorrow night Thu from 8:45pm UK time @ my room.

I would like to drive the BMW M3 GTR and the Nissan Calsonic Impul GTR. I am currently in Aruba until the 29th so will not be around for any preseason testing or racing...Bob

Ok Bob, another 10 days of holiday! You lucky man.

All the 08 GTR are count as the same model, so you can use any of the following:tup::

P Nissan YellowHat YMS TOMICA GT-R (SUPER GT) '08
P Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R (SUPER GT) '08
P Nissan WOODONE ADVAN Clarion GT-R (SUP GT) '08
P Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R (SUPER GT) '08
P Nissan Calsonic IMPUL GT-R (SUPER GT) '08

After testing last night, Race 1 & 2 will have Penalties set to 'off', Race 3 & 4 will be set to 'low'.

Could you explain the car selection? I see Group A and Group B but why is there another post about other cars? They arent in any of the groups

Ok so do the GT300 count as Group C for tonight then? But not for the new championship?

Group C

Any Lexus GT500
Any DLC Japanese TC
Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car
Subaru IMPREZA Super Touring Car

No, but you can use it tonight as you like.

after what happened to me last night i think you have to maybe look at your pens \ damage settings.

2nd corner of a 16 lap race and i got completly wrecked by one of the clks, front end totalled through no fault of mine and the guy that done it just drives away scot free, by the time the damage had gone i was 20 secs off the pace, race ruined, thats why i quit, i was'nt prepared to sit there for 16 laps watching a race and waiting for the next one.

if you are gonna persist with the pens off, then i suggest you take damage off as well, but its your call its only a suggestion

after what happened to me last night i think you have to maybe look at your pens \ damage settings.

2nd corner of a 16 lap race and i got completly wrecked by one of the clks, front end totalled through no fault of mine and the guy that done it just drives away scot free, by the time the damage had gone i was 20 secs off the pace, race ruined, thats why i quit, i was'nt prepared to sit there for 16 laps watching a race and waiting for the next one.

if you are gonna persist with the pens off, then i suggest you take damage off as well, but its your call its only a suggestion

Hi RJ, Did you remember I couldn't see W7 when we were warming up, I even went out of the room and rejoin and still couldn't see him on track. I had a good look at the replay, I saw what happened to you, but could not see any car hitting you, and W7 was driving a CLK, so I think most likely it was W7. I don't think he would hit your car and drive off. We have been racing together for almost a year and he is not that kind of driver. I guess it was a connection problem and he could not see you on track. I have send an email to him and ask what happened.

We did had a few contacts later last night, and every time whoever caused the 'accident’ did stop and give up his position (even waited up to 20s).

We do have rules and warning system (point 7 on the OP), but we only had one real complaint in the last 6 month, this is really a one off accident. You have race with us a few times, don't think there were any major accidents.

Last night (and next Sunday) was a pre-season testing for the coming team championship starting 6th May, so I was just trying out all the rules/cars/handicap etc. There will be a penalties system, I have not finish writing it yet, but if W7 did see you and hit you, his team will lose 1 or 2 points, not stopping after causing an accident will lose further 2 or 3 points.

Hi RJ, Did you remember I couldn't see W7 when we were warming up, I even went out of the room and rejoin and still couldn't see him on track. I had a good look at the replay, I saw what happened to you, but could not see any car hitting you, and W7 was driving a CLK, so I think most likely it was W7. I don't think he would hit your car and drive off. We have been racing together for almost a year and he is not that kind of driver. I guess it was a connection problem and he could not see you on track. I have send an email to him and ask what happened.

We did had a few contacts later last night, and every time whoever caused the 'accident’ did stop and give up his position (even waited up to 20s).

We do have rules and warning system (point 7 on the OP), but we only had one real complaint in the last 6 month, this is really a one off accident. You have race with us a few times, don't think there were any major accidents.

Last night (and next Sunday) was a pre-season testing for the coming team championship starting 6th May, so I was just trying out all the rules/cars/handicap etc. There will be a penalties system, I have not finish writing it yet, but if W7 did see you and hit you, his team will lose 1 or 2 points, not stopping after causing an accident will lose further 2 or 3 points.

i couldnt see who it was to be fair to w7, but him not seeing me would make sense as it was a big hit and i've never been hit that hard in your room b4, so it probs was that,
i actually prefer racing with pens off, if someones gonna pass me its much better ( and more realistic ) if they have to go round me, rather than 'ghost ' through me, but i don't think the combo of pens off n damage on works , just my opinion, as i said, its your call and trying out different settings to get your championship right last night n next week can only be a good thing:tup:

Last edited:
i couldnt see who it was to be fair to w7, but him not seeing me would make sense as it was a big hit and i've never been hit that hard in your room b4, so it probs was that,
i actually prefer racing with pens off, if someones gonna pass me its much better ( and more realistic ) if they have to go round me, rather than 'ghost ' through me, but i don't think the combo of pens off n damage on works , just my opinion, as i said, its your call and trying out different settings to get your championship right last night n next week can only be a good thing:tup:

OK RJ:)

Testing tonight from 8:45pm UK time my room.

Track for next Sunday will be Indy Road and ???? (still thinking), laps TBA depending on lap times from tonight.

Testing tonight from 8:45pm UK time my room.

Track for next Sunday will be Indy Road and ???? (still thinking), laps TBA depending on lap times from tonight.

Are you still having a practice session Thursday night?

I am watching the football tonight (chelsea v barca)
i might be on after that tho.

Are you still having a practice session Thursday night?

I am watching the football tonight (chelsea v barca)
i might be on after that tho.

Not sure on Thursday yet, its so busy at the moment:tdown:

Can you record football:)

can i race ?? Aughablo i did a few races with jokair m&racing and docpotford... i have jokair and m1 already as friend ... pls let me know . is there any lexus available???
if yes i drive with denso sard dunlop sc430 and Bmw m3 if not lexus available au Cerumo supra ll be good ;)

can i race ?? Aughablo i did a few races with jokair m&racing and docpotford... i have jokair and m1 already as friend ... pls let me know . is there any lexus available???
if yes i drive with denso sard dunlop sc430 and Bmw m3 if not lexus available au Cerumo supra ll be good ;)
my race account :
aughablo

You are welcome to race.

Coming Sunday 29th April, you can use any GT500/DTM. Most important, you need to send FR to lobby3.

For the Team Championship starting 6th May, I will put you down for M3 and Supra ok:tup: ?

You are welcome to race.

Coming Sunday 29th April, you can use any GT500/DTM. Most important, you need to send FR to lobby3.

For the Team Championship starting 6th May, I will put you down for M3 and Supra ok:tup:

so lexus not possible ? :scared:

Back