DTM vs GT500 Sunday Weekly Event

• Thread starter easy9
  • 83 comments
You are welcome to race.

Coming Sunday 29th April, you can use any GT500/DTM. Most important, you need to send FR to lobby3.

For the Team Championship starting 6th May, I will put you down for M3 and Supra ok:tup: ?

lobby 3 is Name?

Hi. Thanks for inviting me for a few races with you guys earlier.

If it's OK, and there are spaces available, I'd like to take you up on your offer and add my name to the sign-ups list for the casual series.

PSN: HortusIX

Thanks.

Hi. Thanks for inviting me for a few races with you guys earlier.

If it's OK, and there are spaces available, I'd like to take you up on your offer and add my name to the sign-ups list for the casual series.

PSN: HortusIX

Thanks.

Welcome Hortus, remember to send FR to CLART_Lobby_3 ASAP:tup:

Hi guys. I'm going to be late this evening... I should make it to the CLART Lobby in time for the second, longer race at Indy Road.

Sorry for the short notice but a friend invited me to a race earlier in the week which I forgot about so I'm just finishing up there first.

Hope it's still OK to join...?

Great racing last night lads 👍

The handicap system didn't seem to be working very well last night though, i felt a bit bad doing well in club40 :guilty:, maybe some kg should be added to the system, m1 was in club60 and still finished 2nd in the last race.

Its just an idea to add some kg to the handicaps. because if your in club 40 or 60 you lose power (obviously) but by losing bhp you gain in the tyre wear department, maybe adding some kg might even the tyre up 💡

Maybe when we come back to this after the championship, we could try adding some kg to the system. I think it defo needs some adjustments because somebody in club60 should no way be able to finish 2nd, like i said its just an idea.

Great racing last night lads 👍

The handicap system didn't seem to be working very well last night though, i felt a bit bad doing well in club40 :guilty:, maybe some kg should be added to the system, m1 was in club60 and still finished 2nd in the last race.

Its just an idea to add some kg to the handicaps. because if your in club 40 or 60 you lose power (obviously) but by losing bhp you gain in the tyre wear department, maybe adding some kg might even the tyre up 💡

Maybe when we come back to this after the championship, we could try adding some kg to the system. I think it defo needs some adjustments because somebody in club60 should no way be able to finish 2nd, like i said its just an idea.

Great racing, with so many different tactics over the night, 0/1/2/3 stops, RH/RM/RS all been used 👍

What do you mean by 'somebody in club60 should no way be able to finish 2nd', I've done 3 testing last week and was driving my xxxx off on the 2nd half of race 4:grumpy:

No, only joking, really I understand what you are saying, and my reply is a bit long:

1) You don't need to feel bad about doing well, winning is still name of the game as long as you drive clean and fair. If you put in the time and effort you should be rewarded. However, I think most of us do enjoy the close battle and playing with the tactics more than just run to the line and win a race.

2) The objective for the Club/KGC/reverse grid are:
a) make sure no 1 or 2 drivers winning 2 or mare races per night
b) most important is to close up the field and have more and longer battles
c) have more battles with different drivers

3) There is a small gain on tyres wear on losing 60 bhp, but I think the driving effect is a lot high then 60bhp. Watching the replay on race 4, I was just keeping up with Yo but using more tyres, if I had another 40 or 60 hp, I should be able to keep up without using as much tyres. I done 3 nights of testing/setups, he's been on holiday:)

4) Yes I finished 2nd, but only thanks to w7 making a mistake on lap 24 and Aug got disconnected, so I could finished 4th. I did finished 5th or 6th on race 3.

5) It will be more difficult to add weight in this DTM/GT500 event, because I have already used this element to balance the performance of some cars, eg. the 2001NSX is 1150KG and 2003NSX is 1170KG stock, they are the quicker cars, so I set the weight limit at 1120 to slow them a bit. If we are to add weight to the club, it will be very much hard work for doc and I, also taking up more time before the start of every race.

6) On last Sunday, there were good battles in all the races, with club40/60 starting from the back of the grid, it was so difficult to gain places in the first few laps, overtaking on the straight was not easy, trying to shake off a car with 40 or 60 more bhp could take a few laps, and used up too much tyres. It was challenging to the faster drivers, and making more racing/battles for everyone. Most of the time you are not sure where you may finish until you cross the line, cars kept falling off the track on the last lap. :crazy:

7) When we finished this champ, we will look into the Club again, see how we can improve it further.

Have I been talking too much again:)

Testing tonight from 8:45pm my room.

Last edited:
Great racing, with so many different tactics over the night, 0/1/2/3 stops, RH/RM/RS all been used 👍

What do you mean by 'somebody in club60 should no way be able to finish 2nd', I've done 3 testing last week and was driving my xxxx off on the 2nd half of race 4:grumpy:

No, only joking, really I understand what you are saying, and my reply is a bit long:

1) You don't need to feel bad about doing well, winning is still name of the game as long as you drive clean and fair. If you put in the time and effort you should be rewarded. However, I think most of us do enjoy the close battle and playing with the tactics more than just run to the line and win a race.

2) The objective for the Club/KGC/reverse grid are:
a) make sure no 1 or 2 drivers winning 2 or mare races per night
b) most important is to close up the field and have more and longer battles
c) have more battles with different drivers

3) There is a small gain on tyres wear on losing 60 bhp, but I think the driving effect is a lot high then 60bhp. Watching the replay on race 4, I was just keeping up with Yo but using more tyres, if I had another 40 or 60 hp, I should be able to keep up without using as much tyres. I done 3 nights of testing/setups, he's been on holiday:)

4) Yes I finished 2nd, but only thanks to w7 making a mistake on lap 24 and Aug got disconnected, so I could finished 4th. I did finished 5th or 6th on race 3.

5) It will be more difficult to add weight in this DTM/GT500 event, because I have already used this element to balance the performance of some cars, eg. the 2001NSX is 1150KG and 2003NSX is 1170KG stock, they are the quicker cars, so I set the weight limit at 1120 to slow them a bit. If we are to add weight to the club, it will be very much hard work for doc and I, also taking up more time before the start of every race.

6) On last Sunday, there were good battles in all the races, with club40/60 starting from the back of the grid, it was so difficult to gain places in the first few laps, overtaking on the straight was not easy, trying to shake off a car with 40 or 60 more bhp could take a few laps, and used up too much tyres. It was challenging to the faster drivers, and making more racing/battles for everyone. Most of the time you are not sure where you may finish until you cross the line, cars kept falling off the track on the last lap. :crazy:

7) When we finished this champ, we will look into the Club again, see how we can improve it further.

Have I been talking too much again:)

Testing tonight from 8:45pm my room.

Yeah cool, i understand it would be a lot of work to go into adjusting the handicaps especially with the 01 & 03 nsx's stock kg.

Like i said it was just an idea, and yes putting the practice in before the events does help a lot if your gonna have a competitive night 👍.

Oh yes, you was defo on fire in race 4 last sunday :drool:

You've got to remember Trial Mountain is not really a hp track so the handicaps will have less of an effect as somewhere like Monza.

Everyone will just have to do more practice if you want to keep up with Mike!:bowdown:

were good races last night , in trial for the longer race i was triyng 1stop , 2 times on medium and as i came out the pits ,lap 14 if i remember well , blaaaaack scrreeeen ....

Back