EA Sports WRC: Moments discussion

• Thread starter sirjim73
  • 84 comments
Ill give it a go👍 I have all my setups and adjustments pretty much sorted for each class. FWDs lower braking power and less front bias. Lower Diff settings (especially accel and lock) for most RWD. Lower rear Diff braking on the Rally 1's and so on an so forth.

I will try the RS200 again I still havent tried that moment with it so will be a good chance to test it out.
Better start writing them down as they all get wiped next week...

No co-driver calls today was certainly a take today. Luckily, it's a fast Oceania stage where you can clearly see the road ahead.

I hope they don't give us a moment where the bonnet/hood is locked in vertical position so you can't see the road ahead. And then have your co-driver develop a bad cough or a fit of the giggles halfway through.

No co-driver calls today was certainly a take today. Luckily, it's a fast Oceania stage where you can clearly see the road ahead.

I hope they don't give us a moment where the bonnet/hood is locked in vertical position so you can't see the road ahead. And then have your co-driver develop a bad cough or a fit of the giggles halfway through.
Sounds fun, look forward to giving it a go.

I haven't been on as much as usual so I've built up a good number of moments to complete. Will enjoy doing them this weekend.

Well, first four stages haven't gone well, set my gears way too long at the first service. Barrel rolled on the 3rd. Car was knackered on stage 4. Slow and steady approach for the final 6 stages. None of the flat out mcrae approach🤣..oops wrong thread haha

Last edited:
Season one certainly went out with a bang although "moments" may be a bit of a misnomer given the immense length of that Jon Armstrong Guanajuato challenge.

Last edited:
Only a few for season 2 so far but there's already a contender for nastiest of the bunch: the Quattro at Corsica (via the Gorge of Doom™) with a 25% damage limit. And the stage finishes in a village with barely enough room to swing a cat. Whoever's putting these together must have a sadistic streak...

Finally put in a sub-five minute time in the Alpine at Monte Carlo on the seventh or eighth attempt but it took some doing. Moving both the braking force and bias three clicks to the left in tuning helped immensely with the A110's marked tendency to pirouette like a figure skater on sharp corners, but not as much as getting to know the stage and when and where to brake in advance.

77183f56-de5e-490a-b5a2-4f49f302d931.png

Last edited:
Finally put in a sub-five minute time in the Alpine at Monte Carlo on the seventh or eighth attempt but it took some doing. Moving both the braking force and bias three clicks to the left in tuning helped immensely with the A110's marked tendency to pirouette like a figure skater on sharp corners, but not as much as getting to know the stage and when and where to brake in advance.

View attachment 1314306
It definitely had a tendency to veer off when braking. Even when braking in what felt like a completely straight line it still pulled to the side. Like you say, A more balanced and neutral braking setting helped tone it down a fair bit.

Does anybody have a link to this interview or can identify the driver (I'm guessing Petter Solberg)?

e726614e-7745-414a-a33a-11a457b6d23e.png

Last edited:
Does anybody have a link to this interview or can identify the driver (I'm guessing Petter Solberg)?

View attachment 1315554
Difficult to locate as ever, the moments description doesn’t seem to match any real world event. Solberg did indeed podium at Greece in 2008 but it wasn’t an independent entry, it was a Subaru factory entry and the first run for the new S14 WRC.

If you go to 48:30 on this Greece 2008 highlight package you can see his post rally interview and it’s nothing out of the ordinary for Petter.

Thought maybe it was 2009 when he was an independent entry but there’s nothing I can find.

Ultimately I think with the ‘inspired’ moments, they kind of just make it up, lots of descriptions have failed to match a real event.

Only a few for season 2 so far but there's already a contender for nastiest of the bunch: the Quattro at Corsica (via the Gorge of Doom™) with a 25% damage limit. And the stage finishes in a village with barely enough room to swing a cat. Whoever's putting these together must have a sadistic streak...
This is unfortunately why I've stopped doing the "you've failed the second objective" mode.

Honestly, i feel its's setup completely wrong. You should in my opinion be able to complete the stage and get, say, a bronze medal if you beat the time but fail the second objective. Or possibly even a bronze if you succeed on the damage but fail the time. This would seem a fair and sensible approach.

I'm totally fine with not being able to get the silver or gold unless you achieve both objectives.

I've had a number of runs where I failed the time/standings and that was fine to me. Not everyone can be quick enough.

As it is now, my medal list is about 11 medals out of about 50 runs. I don't even get the EXP from it anymore - as soon as the "failed" message comes up, it just feels pointless to me to bother continuing.

I only got to level 8 on rally pass 1 because I've given up on this mode and career is on hold until the patch.

This was the number 1 thing i was looking forward to in this game - I even setup this thread because of it after doing that first McRae moment. Which makes this sooo disappointing to me.

I'm left with scouring the list trying to find an event I might actually try.

Oh, and more of a minor irritation generally but exacerbated by the above for me - I wish the objectives were on the top screen rather than having to click into every moment individually to find out I'm probably not going to be able to get a medal.

I've just done one of the moments and noticed my time of around 6.03 was 6.02 behind the leader. The top time is clearly a fiddle/ hack. Is this common? Does that mean some of the more realistic times could have been fiddled with too, but less overtly?

18cc058e81682-screenshotUrl.jpg

I've just done one of the moments and noticed my time of around 6.03 was 6.02 behind the leader. The top time is clearly a fiddle/ hack. Is this common? Does that mean some of the more realistic times could have been fiddled with too, but less overtly?

View attachment 1315572
It seems that person is at the top of most Moments leader boards with a clearly false time. Slightly annoying that such blatant cheating is allowed.

Yeah this is a shame. It started with 2 Americans actually called WRCCheats.com or something along those lines. I've noticed 2 German accounts that seem to be doing it all now.

It seems that person is at the top of most Moments leader boards with a clearly false time. Slightly annoying that such blatant cheating is allowed.
Or it could be different..as in, how the hell do find this cheat code so I can use it myself 😃 I doff my cap to the cheats that find a way in a perverse kinda way

Or it could be different..as in, how the hell do find this cheat code so I can use it myself 😃 I doff my cap to the cheats that find a way in a perverse kinda way
I think it's purely PC players using apps like CheatEngine to slow down the game's clock. Fair enough if they want to have fun, but it kind of stuffs up the game for everyone else.

I don't think it's so easy to cheat as part of a club though. Any half decent moderator would be showing them the door.

Last edited:
I don't. scum of the earth... The lot of them :lol:

Last edited:
I thought I'd go back to season one and try and gold the four events I only managed silver on.

Sadly it doesn't look like this is possible since even if you achieve the gold target it doesn't award you the medal once the season is over, so there seems to be little incentive to replay archived seasons.

Last edited:
Wait, wait. As soon as I rewatched the video in the previous post and realised I was comparing my time with the bronze target instead of the gold target I leapt out of my seat and rushed over to the console in attempt to prove myself wrong.

chance-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance.gif

Needless to say I'm delighted to report that I was talking absolute cock earlier and you can indeed gold archived moments. You won't get any extra XP but that's absolutely fine with me.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what's the optimal tire strategy for the 30km in Greece? Looks like Soft-Soft-Mediums but I could be wrong...

Guess I'll have to give it a go :crazy:

EDIT: My soft tires were in the yellow after two stages, so now I'm curious to know if worn Softs are better than fresh Mediums. I went with the meds anyway, just to play it safe.

- NOW, problem is, I can't finish the 3rd stage!😦 Tried numerous times and the game takes away my "less than 25% damage" for no apparent reason, as if I had crashed. Always near the end of the stage, just to make it even more frustrating. Is this a bug or is my driving THAT erratic? :lol: Sucks, I had a solid run till then, and these stages are quite demanding.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what's the optimal tire strategy for the 30km in Greece? Looks like Soft-Soft-Mediums but I could be wrong...

Guess I'll have to give it a go :crazy:

EDIT: My soft tires were in the yellow after two stages, so now I'm curious to know if worn Softs are better than fresh Mediums. I went with the meds anyway, just to play it safe.

- NOW, problem is, I can't finish the 3rd stage!😦 Tried numerous times and the game takes away my "less than 25% damage" for no apparent reason, as if I had crashed. Always near the end of the stage, just to make it even more frustrating. Is this a bug or is my driving THAT erratic? :lol: Sucks, I had a solid run till then, and these stages are quite demanding.
Seen a fair few people having issues with the damage objective, me included. I don’t think there’s a lot you can do because the exhaust will wear regardless of how you drive and Greece is rough enough to accelerate it.

Tyre wise I went medium-soft.

Seen a fair few people having issues with the damage objective, me included. I don’t think there’s a lot you can do because the exhaust will wear regardless of how you drive and Greece is rough enough to accelerate it.

Tyre wise I went medium-soft.
Same thing; this is clearly a moment that you need to take with calm and not flat out :irked:

Hey thanks a lot guys, your tips made the job! 👍 Drove the 3 stages like a grampa (a wild one though) and managed to reach the finish line this time. Being careful/slow seems to be the trick.

Seconded. I whacked everything in ride height up to max and slowed down for corners to gold it first time.

I also managed to finally get gold on the Oliver Solberg moment which required a forty second lead on your rival, this time by not slowing down so much on corners and instead driving like a maniac.

Last edited:
I just ran that Greece three-stage event and the moment I started the third stage, the message 'Failed Secondary Objective' flashed up. This was after I repaired two 'light damage' items in service. I don't get it: if I had caused more than 25% damage to any part in the previous two stages, it would have given me the 'Failed Secondary Objective' message when it happened (as it usually does). I'm just assuming that this is another of the many bugs in the game. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I just ran that Greece three-stage event and the moment I started the third stage, the message 'Failed Secondary Objective' flashed up. This was after I repaired two 'light damage' items in service. I don't get it: if I had caused more than 25% damage to any part in the previous two stages, it would have given me the 'Failed Secondary Objective' message when it happened (as it usually does). I'm just assuming that this is another of the many bugs in the game. 🤷🏼‍♂️
It sounds like the damage is cumulative. The people in the previous posts didn't fail until stage three so it doesn't sound like a bug.

Last edited:
As @UKMikey said, it’s cumulative damage over the stages, repairing it won’t reset the damage total that the game is looking at.

Just have to be very light footed, raise the ride height and soften the suspension was suggested to me as well. Don’t go flat out, the AI isn’t at a quick enough setting in moments to necessitate pushing.

Thank you for your replies. It still doesn't seem right, though, because when you damage more than 25%, usually after colliding with something, you get the instant notification. For me, I drove pretty cleanly through the first two stages, with only light damage on two parts. I was able to repair them both, so went into stage three with a repaired car (and even then, nothing to say that any of the previous light damage constituted up to or over 25% on a single part), but the moment the countdown ends and you accelerate away from the line, it is an instant message saying that the secondary objective is failed. Even if it cumulative, it should still have occurred during the previous stage when there had been a little tap against a wall or a heavy landing - not with a repaired vehicle the moment the countdown ends and you accelerate into the stage. Hence why I believe it's a bug.

I will try it again when the raised ride height, softened suspension and driving extra carefully just to obtain the Gold.

Back