EA Sports WRC: Moments discussion

• Thread starter sirjim73
  • 84 comments
Thank you for your replies. It still doesn't seem right, though, because when you damage more than 25%, usually after colliding with something, you get the instant notification. For me, I drove pretty cleanly through the first two stages, with only light damage on two parts. I was able to repair them both, so went into stage three with a repaired car (and even then, nothing to say that any of the previous light damage constituted up to or over 25% on a single part), but the moment the countdown ends and you accelerate away from the line, it is an instant message saying that the secondary objective is failed. Even if it cumulative, it should still have occurred during the previous stage when there had been a little tap against a wall or a heavy landing - not with a repaired vehicle the moment the countdown ends and you accelerate into the stage. Hence why I believe it's a bug.

I will try it again when the raised ride height, softened suspension and driving extra carefully just to obtain the Gold.
Things like the exhaust just wear through driving, I think the exhaust and suspension are the most likely candidates to be causing the fail. Raising the ride height and softening should alleviate it by stopping the car bottoming its suspension and hitting the exhaust.

The main problem is there’s no damage indicators like other rally/racing games, so it is impossible to know what damage you’re really doing.

@MagpieRacer I’m sure that you can improve your time straightaway, but for now… this is really close! :mischievous:

EA SPORTS™ WRC   08_01_2024 20_39_35.png

It's always easiest the second (or nth) time around.

Managed to nail this one first time, though.

4f8515c0-d357-45d9-90ab-7bf12d9bea5a.png

This is slightly unreal now! Must have been literally perfect run!
It took a fair few restarts, I’m not gonna lie. It’s the slight left bump slowing into 1 right near the start that kept getting me. Also the big jump, doesn’t matter how careful you are, the car launches off it.

Can’t shy away from a challenge.
Looks like my jamminess circuits, while fully operational during the above Engine Woes run, developed a massive short in Super Ford as I had to go into groundhog day endless restart mode to even get past the first corner. However:

5ab9e7f0-6e4d-4567-87ed-f0f4f50e7adb.png

Funnily enough this run felt slower than the last as I slowed down a lot more at corners.

Imagine being Kalle or one of the Solbergs and being able to get results like these first time while probably driving on two wheels.

I shall now take a picosecond or two to bask in my infinitesimally brief moment of glory before Magpie or the PeSK comes in to erase my time as if it had never been.

dne1311ma38.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like my jamminess circuits, while fully operational during the Engine Woes run, developed a massive short in Super Ford as I had to go into groundhog day endless repeat mode to even get past the first corner. However:

View attachment 1317722

Funnily enough this run felt slower than the last as I slowed down a lot more at corners.

Imagine being Kalle or one of the Solbergs and being able to get results like these first time while probably driving on two wheels.

I shall now take a picosecond or two to bask in my infinitesimally brief moment of glory before Magpie or the PeSK comes in to erase my time as if it had never been.

View attachment 1317726
Great time, I’m not sure I’ve got much left to give on that one. Certainly not tonight anyway, too much Rum has been drunk now.

Looks like my jamminess circuits, while fully operational during the above Engine Woes run, developed a massive short in Super Ford as I had to go into groundhog day endless restart mode to even get past the first corner. However:

View attachment 1317722

View attachment 1317726
d63f3c55-f77a-43aa-8348-a02de1c1b88a.png

Apologies, I had no idea you had a competition going on. I feel a bit rotten now for spoiling it. I completed a few moments that caught my eye last night, That RS200 one being one of them. The swedish Skoda Fabia WRC took ages to get a clean run and was a bit of a pain in the behind. C3 R2 at Corsica was quite fun, And I also did the Kalle Toyota R1 on Acropolis which was a lovely stage with plenty of hairpins to slide through. 👍

Last edited:
Apologies, I had no idea you had a competition going on. I feel a bit rotten now for spoiling it.
Once you showed up there was no competition. You get in there, son. Congrats on the high placing... one day you're going to have to make a video and show the rest of us how you do it as that stage was pure Torvill & Dean for me.

I could definitely feel the RS200's big arse swinging me round in a circle every time I turned the corner despite a 53% brake bias. It was pretty easy to handle for a Group B car, though, as was the 037 which seems to be pretty stable out of the box.

Last edited:
Once you showed up there was no competition. You get in there, son. Congrats on the high placing... one day you're going to have to make a video and show the rest of us how you do it as that stage was pure Torvill & Dean for me.

I could definitely feel the RS200's big arse swinging me round in a circle every time I turned the corner despite a 53% brake bias. It was pretty easy to handle for a Group B car, though, as was the 037 which seems to be pretty stable out of the box.
Thanks for the kind words. 👍

Here is a replay of a slightly improved run. Sorry about the quality. (The only thing that makes me wish I was still on Playstation was the ease of capturing and Uploading clips. Everything I upload on PC seems to be a mess with bitrate as soon as I upload to Youtube, Although the video is actually perfect when watching the file on my PC)🤨

(Exported with a different program, Looks way better. Make sure to select 1080p) :)

The Group B's are definitely easier to drive in this game. That same stage on DR 2 would have been a whole different story.

Last edited:
Thanks... one thing about Series X is that the clips you save are easily accessible on gamerdvr.com but they're only temporary now as they delete them from the Xbox network after a couple of months. Guess their servers ran out of space. That or they want to increase (paid) OneDrive storage. YouTube is a real hassle to upload. I think PlayStation has them beat on that score.

Last edited:
@the13PeSK I don't know if you've invested in a new shifter or a pair of racing gloves or something but I can no longer keep up with your times. Congratulations on your improved form.

I think I'm getting worse as I can't even beat the AI on every stage now.

Unsure what's happening, some moments I'm even faster than some high profile folks here but I think it's just a matter of luck. Probably won't be long until I'll be back into my usual form. On the other hand I'm playing this much more than previously so maybe it's a bit of a training.

I struggle without co driver calls because no matter how much I run a stage my goldfish memory can never remember one corner from the next.
Me too, in case it wasn't apparent that I wasn't being serious with my previous post.

Blind driving only works when you can see the road ahead, and on stages which unlike the one above have multiple hazards such as sharp turns after long straights or over crests I'd be yeeting off that mountain or smack deep in the trees, crowds and observers.

It's possible that I did better than usual because I was racing against real people and not AI in this instance as the bots are less likely to be affected by the lack of pace notes.

Last edited:
I struggle without co driver calls because no matter how much I run a stage my goldfish memory can never remember one corner from the next.
I find this is a problem in particular with Spain. I find the rally very samey and It's still one of the ones I find tough to learn. I do enjoy the replica of the famous roundabout where they do donuts in real life though.

Latest Posts

Back