Everyone Posting PP Tunes Should Be Banned As They Are Giving Advice About The Game They Have No Idea About.

• Thread starter GBR Winny
  • 69 comments
Did you create a second account to promote your own tune?
Propably already a second second after Pinguu.
I guess admins could check the IP adress used to make the post if they cared and wanted to.
Anyway...
How is this a "tune"?
While I am wondering the same, maybe this car simply has a good balance on stock. For a car that is already pretty close to 600PP the options are quite limited, but still, options can be opened up in different ways, which I prefer to do.

I also question what the OP actually means by "OP 600 tune" refering to others and his being a "non OP 600 tune".
I guess "600PP without relying on any glitch to artificially drop PP without noticeable perfomance loss".

So now, because I currently have free time to spend at will
3 cars
1. his tune
2. stock car
3. stock car + soft tyres + artificially decreased PP by adding custom transmission + lsd + much less weight at the worst position
as he did not mention the most important thing - gear ratios - I simply copied the stock transmission settings to have all 3 cars use the same

Special Stage Route X fastest lap test
Stock car 5:30.9
My slightly adjusted car 5:31.6
His tune 5:32.1

This is pretty obvious, a car that is already surpassing 600pp by adding soft tyres of course needs to make sacrifices of some kind, in this case it is heavy ballast and strong aero.
My tune is slower for the same reason: higher mass

Tokyo east (WTC 600 course, dry, fastest lap, because I am most familiar with this track and it offers both a long straight and nice corners)
Stock car 2:10.2
My slightly adjusted car 2:08.2
His tune 2:07.9
Obviously aero is helping traction here, and it is much easier to control, but "here comes a new challenger"
My car still has 2pp to spare, so + semi racing flywheel and + racing brake pads 2:07.9
BUT BUT! yes, the aero setup is easier to drive, absolutely worlds apart, yet in the actual race aero and higher power will lose for needing more time in the pits.

In the end, this tune isnt competitive but just a thing he created to have something to show after his first comment was taken apart for being nonsense.

Last edited:
To his defense, for lower classes (~<550PP) Stock Suspension is faster than Custom Suspension with a tune 😅, but in the end it depends on your driving style and how you drive your cars!:)
While I am wondering the same, maybe this car simply has a good balance on stock. For a car that is already pretty close to 600PP the options are quite limited, but still, options can be opened up in different ways, which I prefer to d
But if you are showing off your alleged mastery of tuning, why post an example using a car that does not require a tune?

Propably already a second second after Pinguu.
I guess admins could check the IP adress used to make the post if they cared and wanted to.
Anyway...
Is this insinuating that Pinguu is an alt of the OP? Because I can assure you Pinguu is very real and very well known in the road car 'community' in the game. One of the master tuners. He can't be bate. Beat.

Is this insinuating that Pinguu is an alt of the OP? Because I can assure you Pinguu is very real and very well known in the road car 'community' in the game. One of the master tuners. He can't be bate. Beat.
In that case I need to apologize, though I simply did not know the name before. Havent recognized it.
To my defense, the account in question has been created just recently.

I really don't understand what's the point or the cause of this thread but if someone ask me what i " see " on that , something like that comes to mind .

origin-2.gif

Well the group of play I race with seem to have all conveniently gotten faster I guess it comes down to who you hang around with and we're the bar is set for yourself.

By the way me and Pinguu race sometimes at 600pp all I'm saying is I do alright and he knows that.

I've helped the community here more then most of you realise.

Last edited:
i have tried couple tunes off of Gtplanet and there crap and slow .

how come there isnt and sport soft tires at 600pp on this site?

Screenshot from 2024-01-04 19-26-34.png
Screenshot from 2024-01-04 19-30-09.png

-----

I refuse to believe this thread wasn't a 5D chess move to get some free tuning help

Edit because AUP: :lol:

Last edited:
Well the group of play I race with seem to have all conveniently gotten faster I guess it comes down to who you hang around with and we're the bar is set for yourself.

By the way me and Pinguu race sometimes at 600pp all I'm saying is I do alright and he knows that.

I spend most of my time racing against top tier A+ GTWS drivers, in stock/bop cars. Who do you race with? 🤔

Last edited:
The irony here is hilarious. Guy has inadvertently owned himself whilst trying to make a point.

I spend most of my time racing against top tier A+ GTWS drivers, in stock/bop cars. Who do you race with? 🤔
I thought he meant you with his 'Pinguu' reference there, guess not!

I think his only contribution that is 'more than we realize' is the new AUP rule addition :lol:

Jerome

Here’s my take:

1. Buy a GR Yaris.

2. Get the 2JZ-GTE engine swap for it.

3. Buy the various tuning parts for it, plus Sport Softs, Dirt and Snow tires, plus a power restrictor and a ballast. Toy with the ballast/power restrictor to fit the regulation you had in mind.

4. ???

5. Profit, I guess.

Last edited:
M3 e46 tune is now on my tuning page and is a much better car then alfa I have also updated my tuning page with more details to clarify a few things.

Last edited:
Here’s my take:

1. Buy a GR Yaris.

2. Get the 2JZ-GTE engine swap for it.

3. Buy the various tuning parts for it, plus Sport Softs, Dirt and Snow tires, plus a power restrictor and a ballast. Toy with the ballast/power restrictor to fit the regulation you had in mind.

4. ???

5. Profit, I guess.
I don't normally build engine swap cars since most lobbies don't allow them plus some are to op so I don't use them.

That is a claim difficult to believe with a fresh account.
Anyway, back to your tune:
Tokyo WTC 600
1704450076891.png

Well, okay, it wins, but as I said before, there are 2 problems easily identified compared to the stock car, you can see in this picture:
1704450194039.png

2 pit stops, both refuelling as required + changing tyres.

How is that bad?
Because this is the stock car:
1704450239980.png

It needs 1 less pit stop and during the whole race is 1 lap better on fuel, while not changing tyres.
Your car was 10 seconds faster in total, over 27 minutes, I have to admit, so stock car isnt all better.

Now to my gripe with the stock car:
gear ratio sucks, and tyre wear is uneven.
Reparing both by adding custom racing transmission and reducing weight while adjusting front/back distribution (just one pass of tuning)
1704450429279.png

Lap time of your car is faster by 1 second, expected with a traction setup, but after my own corrections to the stock setup, I dont need to worry about tyres and again get 1 more lap of fuels worth, which leads to:
1704450538297.png

Repeating my previous statement: I win in the pits. By quite a margin.

Oh, and because I am also going about it before, as a reminder.
Special Stage Route X
this iteration 5:29.3 (532bhp, 1.411 kg) (same topspeed as stock car)
stock car 5:30.9 (532bhp, 1.580kg)
your tune 5:32.1 (608 bhp, 1.775 kg) (slower than stock car)

But at least you car is doing fine for the dry fastest lap with no tyre wear and fuel, all 3 (stock, my first stock adjustment with soft tyres, and my current adjustment with hard tyres) are not faster in this test ;)

Last edited:
So, looking at your two "tunes", they have several things in common:

• Normal suspension
  • Identical LSD settings (5/40/5)
  • A lot of ballast
  • A fair bit of downforce, substantially more rear than front

This isn't tuning. It might be the best way to optimize for PP but it isn't tuning.

That is a claim difficult to believe with a fresh account.
Anyway, back to your tune:
Tokyo WTC 600
View attachment 1316769
Well, okay, it wins, but as I said before, there are 2 problems easily identified compared to the stock car, you can see in this picture:
View attachment 1316770
2 pit stops, both refuelling as required + changing tyres.

How is that bad?
Because this is the stock car:
View attachment 1316771
It needs 1 less pit stop and during the whole race is 1 lap better on fuel, while not changing tyres.
Your car was 10 seconds faster in total, over 27 minutes, I have to admit, so stock car isnt all better.

Now to my gripe with the stock car:
gear ratio sucks, and tyre wear is uneven.
Reparing both by adding custom racing transmission and reducing weight while adjusting front/back distribution (just one pass of tuning)
View attachment 1316773
Lap time of your car is faster by 1 second, expected with a traction setup, but after my own corrections to the stock setup, I dont need to worry about tyres and again get 1 more lap of fuels worth, which leads to:
View attachment 1316774
Repeating my previous statement: I win in the pits. By quite a margin.

Oh, and because I am also going about it before, as a reminder.
Special Stage Route X
this iteration 5:29.3 (532bhp, 1.411 kg) (same topspeed as stock car)
stock car 5:30.9 (532bhp, 1.580kg)
your tune 5:32.1 (608 bhp, 1.775 kg) (slower than stock car)

But at least you car is doing fine for the dry fastest lap with no tyre wear and fuel, all 3 (stock, my first stock adjustment with soft tyres, and my current adjustment with hard tyres) are not faster in this test ;)
Why would you use a heavy car in an endurance race expecting it to have better tyre wear?

Where have I said this is a endurance build or good for endurance racing no where.

As stated in my tuning page I race in normally 550pp to 600pp lobbies most of the time it's no tyre wear or short races with tyre wear so the extra power and weight is not a disadvantage.

Use the car what it's designed for not what it isn't for the best results come race with me and my group or send me a message on psn if you need anything.

So, looking at your two "tunes", they have several things in common:

• Normal suspension
  • Identical LSD settings (5/40/5)
  • A lot of ballast
  • A fair bit of downforce, substantially more rear than front

This isn't tuning. It might be the best way to optimize for PP but it isn't tuning.
So because this is on stock suspension does not make it a tune? How about the diff or aero or brake balance is this not part of tuning?

Also if you look at my wording I say builds for these I do have tunes with race suspension I have just not posted any yet.

Also look at my tuning page I do clearing state that the builds are for pp not hp and weight races or bop.

On which basis to you formulate your opinion on "OP tunes"?
Just curious.
Based on the times they get online on multiple tracks not just one.

How good a car is is alway based on the lap time it can do most op cars in the 550pp and 600pp range are generally op on most tracks not just a few.

So because this is on stock suspension does not make it a tune? How about the diff or aero or brake balance is this not part of tuning?

Also if you look at my wording I say builds for these I do have tunes with race suspension I have just not posted any yet.

Also look at my tuning page I do clearing state that the builds are for pp not hp and weight races or bop.
The diff is identical on both builds you've posted, which suggests you've found a decent all round setting for most cars and use that. I have no problem with this but it isn't tuning. In terms of aero, any old fool can slide those numbers up and down, it isn't hard. Even I can 'tune' cars by tweaking downforce until I find something that works, and let me assure you that I know absolutely nothing about tuning. I suspect you're using high rear downforce because this lowers PP - great job! From my own basic testing, this does not always equate to higher lap time though.

Having said all that, you've missed the point. If you've got some nice tips about how to setup a car for PP in GT7, why not start a thread with a list of those tips? Why would you jump in with this arrogant, aggressive, car crash of a thread? You've made yourself look a plonker.

The diff is identical on both builds you've posted, which suggests you've found a decent all round setting for most cars and use that. I have no problem with this but it isn't tuning. In terms of aero, any old fool can slide those numbers up and down, it isn't hard. Even I can 'tune' cars by tweaking downforce until I find something that works, and let me assure you that I know absolutely nothing about tuning. I suspect you're using high rear downforce because this lowers PP - great job! From my own basic testing, this does not always equate to higher lap time though.

Having said all that, you've missed the point. If you've got some nice tips about how to setup a car for PP in GT7, why not start a thread with a list of those tips? Why would you jump in with this arrogant, aggressive, car crash of a thread? You've made yourself look a plonker.
I have a tuning page up now and I will update it as I get time.

How people view me is not my concern.

I tell it how it is your not going to make many friends being this way but at least I'll give people respect by being honest and not saying what people what to hear but what they need to hear.

I have a tuning page up now and I will update it as I get time.

How people view me is not my concern.

I tell it how it is your not going to make many friends being this way but at least I'll give people respect by being honest and not saying what people what to hear but what they need to hear.
You catch more flies with honey, than you do with vinegar. Why would anyone bother to go look at your tunes, or anything else you’ve got/done, after how you talk to people in here? Screw that, I wouldn’t waste my time on anything you’ve shared/built, based on this thread, and your posts/reactions.

Last edited:
Back