Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
Just got my invite code this morning, already pre-ordered :cheers:. I believe I was in the last group to get the invites as I do not own a CSWv1 or CSRE. Hopefully by the time I get my base an Xbone rim will be available.

RMX
Just got my invite code this morning, already pre-ordered :cheers:. I believe I was in the last group to get the invites as I do not own a CSWv1 or CSRE. Hopefully by the time I get my base an Xbone rim will be available.
Ya I'm curious when I'll get my invite. I got the email a month or two ago about being a Fanatec customer but have never got one with a code yet.

My wheel has arrived and is now mounted on my sim rig.
I think the most impressive evolution is how smooth it is. From this perspective, it is different from all the wheels I tested (more or less everything excluding very high end product above 1000 Eur).

Last edited:
RMX

did you on clubsport pedals? i did and i just got my invite but peolpe seem to have the new wheel without owning any clubsport products or the elite wheel. my shipping is jan 30th

did you on clubsport pedals? i did and i just got my invite but peolpe seem to have the new wheel without owning any clubsport products or the elite wheel. my shipping is jan 30th

I have Clubsport V1 pedals I bought back in 2011, and I have a CSS SQ that I got the first batch to North America end of 2013.

Well, after having terrible luck with my Thrustmaster TX (my second replacement is again having calibration issues) I've jumped back on the Fanatec bandwagon (never should have left). Found a lightly used CSW V1 for sale and bought it, being delivered with the formula wheel on Saturday. It will be nice to have a working wheel again.

I have to say: I am impressed by this wheel, even more than I expected.

Somehow, I think it is misleading to name it "Clubsport Wheel Base V2" and to put it in the same case than the v1. This gives the impression of a limied evolution compared to the previous model.

I find it so different from my v1 and CSR-E that it would have been clearer for potential customers to give it another name and put in a newly designed case.

RMX
I have Clubsport V1 pedals I bought back in 2011, and I have a CSS SQ that I got the first batch to North America end of 2013.

oh ok. we will most likely get our wheels the same time shipping jan 30th. my sq shifter is being shipped now. i sold my v1 pedals and got v2 pedals. i was reading some none clubsport owners gettings invites and there wheels before us. they must have gotten a invite code from someone else. we ps4 support. as i can't afford a pc.

I received my new F1 Carbon steering yesterday and man is it a good looking steering. It looks so much better than the fisrt version. This steering and the universal hub and GT steering completes my collection, so all that is missing now is the base.

And ofcourse when that arrives I still have to wait for Xmas before ripping up the tracks.

CSW V2 at home !!! :cheers:

So USPS was quite fast (sent october 23th).

But custom fees + taxes ->94$ so it is 499 US $ + 61 US $ shipping + 94 canadian $ custom fees and taxes for canadian customers...

Now I have to be patient until Christmas :dunce:

There are no duty fees in Canada on video game accessories. If you paid duty you can apply for a refund.

There are no duty fees in Canada on video game accessories. If you paid duty you can apply for a refund.

Yes you are right, 94$ was the taxes (TPS and TVP) on 558 Canadian $. No duty fees. On the bill it is written "fitness accessory" !

Brushless motor is that intense ?!? :lol:

Edit : so for Frenchs that always complain about difference between euro price vs dollar price (but without VAT) I paid
643.00 USD = 511.558 EUR so it is really close to what European would pay.

Last edited:
RMX

I've not even got an e-mail yet I must really be on the bottom of the pile :crazy:

I got the email saying they were going to send me an email, but haven't gotten the email...

I got the email saying they were going to send me an email, but haven't gotten the email...

what did you previous own for fanatec gear. me and RMX had clubsport pedals v1 and we got our codes earlier this week. if your a none clubsport owner your most likely are the bottom of the list.

I got that too, about 2 months ago.I'm also an owner of a club sport v1. Shouldn't I be at the top of the list?

what did you previous own for fanatec gear. me and RMX had clubsport pedals v1 and we got our codes earlier this week. if your a none clubsport owner your most likely are the bottom of the list.

I bought two CSRs....You're probably correct.

I have a EU code spare.... honor system applies (you must use it yourself and not sell it!)

first PM from an EU Member gets it.

I just received a code from another great GTP forum member. Unfortunately I'm in the US. Thanks though!

I got that too, about 2 months ago.I'm also an owner of a club sport v1. Shouldn't I be at the top of the list?

I got mine about a month ago...Now I'm wondering how far back I really am! :lol:

Last edited:
Just got my v2 base :)
First thing I did was updating the firmware.
But I can't get it in PS3 mode. It should be pressing SELECT + CIRCLE after calibration.
BMW-M3-GT3-PS3Mode_575.jpg

Just got my v2 base :)
First thing I did was updating the firmware.
But I can't get it in PS3 mode. It should be pressing SELECT + CIRCLE after calibration.

That's right, just make sure you do it in the PS3 menus before entering the game.

Yes you are right, 94$ was the taxes (TPS and TVP) on 558 Canadian $. No duty fees. On the bill it is written "fitness accessory" !

Brushless motor is that intense ?!? :lol:

Edit : so for Frenchs that always complain about difference between euro price vs dollar price (but without VAT) I paid
643.00 USD = 511.558 EUR so it is really close to what European would pay.

I ordered the V2 and the F1 Rim @09/27/14. It is 693€ that I paid :crazy: Should arrive on early december but still fighting with me if I should cancel it or not. In fact, I don´t drive that much that I need such an expensive wheel :scared: Damn that is so much money. If they would not do this invite code thing I guess I would never have ordered one. Pretty clever from Fanatec.

Back