Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
well i mean they show a sliver of the product yesterday and show us a suit today? sometimes i wonder what is going through their head lol

Look at the suit fellas! Remind you of any famous literary characters?

Jackermeier, Thomas Jackermeier. Eyes only, license to thrill, etc. Hah!

This last one has got my attention, very odd.

No one actually knows what the Invitation Only means yet so I wouldn't worry yet..maybe worry tomorrow ;)

Something to bring forum chatter about the product to a crescendo just before announcement would be my guess. You guys do remember the over priced plain wheel rim, right?

If it is exclusive... It's likely just more marketing.

Nonetheless, It will be interesting to watch.

Something to bring forum chatter about the product to a crescendo just before announcement would be my guess. You guys do remember the over priced plain wheel rim, right?

If it is exclusive... It's likely just more marketing.

Nonetheless, It will be interesting to watch.

Which overpriced plain rim are you referring to though? As far as I know all the bare rims are $100 which seems palatable.

As far as marketing goes, you might be right. The speculation is certainly keeping us all busy. Perhaps the initial yield is very low too, so they want to make sure they'll get the first batch in the hands of idiots like me who follow Fanatec closely. Or perhaps it'll be a limited edition run entirely. When the Turbo S came out I think the total production run was 10,000 units. Once they were gone they were gone for good. It took months, so at least there was no huge rush.

Which overpriced plain rim are you referring to though? As far as I know all the bare rims are $100 which seems palatable.

As far as marketing goes, you might be right. The speculation is certainly keeping us all busy. Perhaps the initial yield is very low too, so they want to make sure they'll get the first batch in the hands of idiots like me who follow Fanatec closely. Or perhaps it'll be a limited edition run entirely. When the Turbo S came out I think the total production run was 10,000 units. Once they were gone they were gone for good. It took months, so at least there was no huge rush.

I think he's referring to the very first tease. When they showed a generic looking wheel with a high price (this was before anyone realized it was modular and had a ton of features that had yet to be revealed.)

I take this as a compliment :)

I have a lot of fun reading all this excitement and I am looking forward to tomorrow as much as you do.

Good luck for tomorrow.

Teasing attracts people's attention but also raises expectations... and you have done a lot of teasing ;).

I am sure the new product will be great and I hope communication on release dates will be as good... not Fanatec's strength historically.

I think he's referring to the very first tease. When they showed a generic looking wheel with a high price (this was before anyone realized it was modular and had a ton of features that had yet to be revealed.)

Yes, that is what I was referring to. I should have been more specific.

Good luck for tomorrow.

Teasing attracts people's attention but also raises expectations... and you have done a lot of teasing ;).

I am sure the new product will be great and I hope communication on release dates will be as good... not Fanatec's strength historically.

Production has already started so we should be able to give a pretty accurate release date. We will start the pre-orders only once the containers have left the factory.

We have famous Italian Morrelli ice-cream here on the North coast of Ireland :lol:
And if it's good enough for the cast of Game of Thrones then I'm sure you'd love it!

For the guys who can't get to iRacing's forum:

Thomas Jackermeier2 wrote:You will only be dissapointed if you are keen to spend thousands of Dollars and you want something which has higher specs than 95% of all simracers will ever need. In this case you still need to wait a bit to get such a product from Fanatec.

For the guys who can't get to iRacing's forum:

Not sure how to take that to be honest. Almost makes me think the reveal is going to be a mid-range wheel using a brushless motor (like the Thrustmaster TX or T300). And the direct drive won't be unveiled for a while. Hope I'm wrong and they blow the doors off my expectations.

It sounds like he is saying that the wheel about to be intro'ed will be powerful enough (in his opinion, of course) for 95% of sim racers and those who want MOAR POWER will have to wait for a possible future Fanatec wheel release.

It sounds like he is saying that the wheel about to be intro'ed will be powerful enough (in his opinion, of course) for 95% of sim racers and those who want MOAR POWER will have to wait for a possible future Fanatec wheel release.

He might be. I just remember when the wheels were being debuted, there were posts that implied a new mid-range would be coming, and then a direct-drive (vanity project with no limits) would be coming later.

I hope we will have the traditional wheel check test/benchmark !

Edit : a 50% more powerful motor should be enough for heavy wheel rims no ?

i'll be selling off both my g27 and tx + gte rim if this fanatec wheels supports pc/xbox/ps4.... like one wheel for them all? OH PLEASE OH PLEASE FANATEC

Back