Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Extreme Wheel

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 679 comments
BWX
It's funny my wheel seems to work fine until I get into front wheel drive cars. I think it only happens in front drive cars, but will have to test it more to be sure. It's doing the same thing my GT DD Pro used to do but a lot worse. Basically the steering animation and input stops working when going around a corner and then starts working again. I hope it is bug that'll be fixed when they put out the new FW and drivers but it seems to be different than the random disconnect problem which hasn't been a problem since I sorted my firmware on the wheel / base/ QR.

It happens really bad in that weekly special event. Car - R4 GTL '85 with some tuning, I think RS tires.
I'm not sure if it's a Fanatec bug or a GT7 bug or a compatibility issue.

Maybe that's why the certification from Sony was held up on this wheel though, bugs like this and the FW problems. 🤷‍♂️

Quick vid showing the bug... happening to anyone else?

DD1 dude here, but my base has been doing the same thing on occasion since the last update. I’ve basically been in my 458 since the last update, do I can’t comment if the bug occurs more often in other types of cars or not

DD1 dude here, but my base has been doing the same thing on occasion since the last update. I’ve basically been in my 458 since the last update, do I can’t comment if the bug occurs more often in other types of cars or not
Interesting, at least it's not something wrong with my wheel. Well it's almost mid March so we should be getting a FW update soon.

BWX
Basically the steering animation and input stops working when going around a corner and then starts working again.
I've encountered this multiple times on the dual sense with different cars, I think that's a gt7 bug. (Most recent example was an engine swapped beetle on the nordschleife)

----- DD+ -----

Does anyone have ACC settings for us to try - base and in-game?

thanks
Try these. I worked on them for a bit. They are based on the ones shared by Maurice from the FANATEC official forums. They're from his FANALAB settings, but I tweaked them to suit the 320mm BMW GT2 V2 wheel rim that I use for GT7 and ACC. Also, keep in mind, I have the Plus mounted on a rig that does not move or shake.

1710210276119.png

Last edited:
Just want to report in my successes/failures with the DD extreme on GT7, out of the box wasn't recognized in PS5/GT7, nothing on the wheel screen and no buttons worked. Connected to PC, base and petals detected, wheel wasn't, installed driver 455 and rebooted, then wheel would be detected and then not detected over and over. Installed the 456 driver and did update on base, then QR2 firmware update, which failed about 5 times before worked, then power cycled the base and the wheel was recognized, when I power cycled the display on the wheel also started worked which it didn't before, is said something cryptic like menu button cross or something. Updated the wheel to the newest firmware which worked first time. Messed with a few settings and centered the wheel on the PC.

Connected to ps5 and it worked, playstation button worked to connect it and played GT7 after about 10 minutes the wheel screen was stuck on the last speed indicated and the bottons and force feedback stopped working, if I power cycled the base it would work again for between 5 minutes and 45 minutes and do the same thing. Glad it's working somewhat, but hopefully a new firmware will be out soon.

Just want to report in my successes/failures with the DD extreme on GT7, out of the box wasn't recognized in PS5/GT7, nothing on the wheel screen and no buttons worked. Connected to PC, base and petals detected, wheel wasn't, installed driver 455 and rebooted, then wheel would be detected and then not detected over and over. Installed the 456 driver and did update on base, then QR2 firmware update, which failed about 5 times before worked, then power cycled the base and the wheel was recognized, when I power cycled the display on the wheel also started worked which it didn't before, is said something cryptic like menu button cross or something. Updated the wheel to the newest firmware which worked first time. Messed with a few settings and centered the wheel on the PC.

Connected to ps5 and it worked, playstation button worked to connect it and played GT7 after about 10 minutes the wheel screen was stuck on the last speed indicated and the bottons and force feedback stopped working, if I power cycled the base it would work again for between 5 minutes and 45 minutes and do the same thing. Glad it's working somewhat, but hopefully a new firmware will be out soon.
The firmware on PC Driver 456 is buggy. The folks reporting 456 issues have been told to put the base back to the firmware that 455 had, but leave the QR2 firmware up to date from 456. Seems wonky, but that's what the official Fanatec folks on their forums have told people to do. The good news is that PC Driver 457 is tentatively scheduled to be released late this week. Fanatec claims the disconnect issues seem to have been mostly resolved with 457. I'm on 455 and I've had no disconnect issues whatsoever, but I'm using the BMW GT2 V2 wheel and F1 wheel, so not sure if that's what is saving me from the grief that people are having.

FMW
The firmware on PC Driver 456 is buggy. The folks reporting 456 issues have been told to put the base back to the firmware that 455 had, but leave the QR2 firmware up to date from 456. Seems wonky, but that's what the official Fanatec folks on their forums have told people to do. The good news is that PC Driver 457 is tentatively scheduled to be released late this week. Fanatec claims the disconnect issues seem to have been mostly resolved with 457. I'm on 455 and I've had no disconnect issues whatsoever, but I'm using the BMW GT2 V2 wheel and F1 wheel, so not sure if that's what is saving me from the grief that people are having.
Driver 457 is scheduled for next week according to Maurice on the official forum. I hope they resolved the problem since 456 was a big mess. I don’t think they had any idea at that point what the issue was and they just threw us any driver. They now explained the cause better so hopefully the developers of the firmware have a better handle on it.

Maybe not the best thread to post this question but I’m curious at what point do you connect a new base to gt7? It sounds like pc mode for all of the drivers etc. do you get everything updated and then plug into gt7 ?

Btw. My dd+, v3 pedals and v2 wheel came in from my Jan order 😁but my laptop wasn’t 1080p so couldn’t see the whole control screen 🫠.

Laptop purchased today and next is last slot of Manu and then I begin the installation process. Can’t wait but oh my this is a bit over the top going into this fanatec universe for the first time.

Edit: drivers updated and got everything to fire up! Took it for a quick spin and will get back at it after work tomorrow.
Gives me flashbacks of using.Evoscan ito flash my ecu and crossing fingers for no brick and a clean flash. lol.

Last edited:
Maybe not the best thread to post this question but I’m curious at what point do you connect a new base to gt7? It sounds like pc mode for all of the drivers etc. do you get everything updated and then plug into gt7 ?
I connected mine right up to the PS5 first to try and avoid updating anything.... but it didn't work properly so I updated to 455 and it's all good!

Btw. My dd+, v3 pedals and v2 wheel came in from my Jan order 😁but my laptop wasn’t 1080p so couldn’t see the whole control screen 🫠.

Laptop purchased today and next is last slot of Manu and then I begin the installation process. Can’t wait but oh my this is a bit over the top going into this fanatec universe for the first time.

Edit: drivers updated and got everything to fire up! Took it for a quick spin and will get back at it after work tomorrow.
Gives me flashbacks of using.Evoscan ito flash my ecu and crossing fingers for no brick and a clean flash. lol.
As jules said stay on 455. Let 457 play out. Barring heavy favorable reviews im not touching firmware again until full force is here. Feels very risky for nominal gain

As jules said stay on 455. Let 457 play out. Barring heavy favorable reviews im not touching firmware again until full force is here. Feels very risky for nominal gain

Thanks guys. Yeah I had been checking and didn’t realize 457 was out until I connected because it wanted me to get it but since I preloaded 455 and listened to the gtp insights I felt like it was the best choice and thankful for the sharing.

I’ll get to work on settings tonight and have lots of fun relearning what cars should feel like.

My wheel is finally due to arrive tomorrow. I have a bad feeling that they sent the wrong item though. The duty and taxes that are due are in line with a $700 item and not a $1300 one. Will find out in around 24hrs from now. Fingers crossed.

My wheel is finally due to arrive tomorrow. I have a bad feeling that they sent the wrong item though. The duty and taxes that are due are in line with a $700 item and not a $1300 one. Will find out in around 24hrs from now. Fingers crossed.
This time last week mine was being delivered tomorrow.... exciting day!
Positive thoughts that they have shipped the right boxes....

Thanks guys. Yeah I had been checking and didn’t realize 457 was out until I connected because it wanted me to get it but since I preloaded 455 and listened to the gtp insights I felt like it was the best choice and thankful for the sharing.

I’ll get to work on settings tonight and have lots of fun relearning what cars should feel like.
457 isn't out yet. The most current one is 456, which is what I'm running. I have the wheel disconnect issue, so I'll be loading up 457 as soon as it gets here.

FMW
Thanks FMW, went for a few days, I'd lose any feedback between 5 minutes and 45 minutes, it was annoying but I was okay with it until I was in the lead on a daily race on lap 7 of 10 and it died, so I reinstalled driver 455 and downgraded the firmware on the base only back to 455, seems more stable, with 4h of racing the pedals stopped working once, the same issue with the wheel losing connection/feedback hasn't occurred.

Now the official 457 will not be coming out until the end of March. There may be a beta 457 next week, but no guarantee.
Only positive thing is that they think they solved the wheel disconnect bug. Maurice said that testing has gone on for two weeks with a fix and not one wheel disconnect yet. I was asking them if they can just push out a fix for this but it seems they are not going to do so. Prob a beta first that could possibly come next week and then the release.

If they release a beta before the final release I'd still be wary unless you want to test it out for them for feedback purposes. I've yet to have a disconnect issue with 455. NOCK ON WOOD.

I'm currently one week in since I opened up a support ticket for the "coil whine" issue with my base. Should be another two weeks before I hear back based on their back log advisory on the official forums. Other than that it's been fun lapping around with this thing. :D:D

I'm up and running using fw 455. The updates went perfectly without a single problem. ☺️

On the down side. I do have some coil whine. I only notice it while turning the wheel slightly while not racing.

By the way. Using a usb-c to usb-c doesn't work completely. I was able to us it, but when going through the modes it says that there's no usb connected and doesn't say which mode you're on. I changed it out after my first test and installed the provided usb cord to be on the safe side.

I have to admit, this is the first time I've heard the term 'Vegan Leather'. Is it made by the same company who makes the Impossible Whooper?

Jerome
Vegan leather is a common term for car makers describing their artificial leather made of plastic interior to make it sound more sustainable and modern… It’s been used for years already. You should watch more car reviews on YouTube. ;)

Just downgraded my base to 455 from 456 due to the disconnects. I’ve done two 30 minute Sarthe 700pp races since then, not a single disconnect yet. Had some trouble flashing the firmware when using my laptop, it kept on failing. But when I flashed using my desktop, it succeeded on the first try. Will do the 1 hour Spa later, hopefully no more problems so I can do some ACC online racing

Very very sad and disappointed that I'm currently not able to get my Wheelbase connected with Project Cars 2...
No matter if it's set to Ps5 blue or Ps4 or ps5 /Ps4 compatibility mode... The base just simply doesn't get recognized at all.
Am I missing something?
On my DD Pro it was fine
@super_gt do you have any idea 😥

Very very sad and disappointed that I'm currently not able to get my Wheelbase connected with Project Cars 2...
No matter if it's set to Ps5 blue or Ps4 or ps5 /Ps4 compatibility mode... The base just simply doesn't get recognized at all.
Am I missing something?
On my DD Pro it was fine
@super_gt do you have any idea 😥
I don't have this game.

I don't have this game.
You don't... How I mean... What? ... Ok
But thanks for your quick reply

Maybe someone else here has a clue... Anyone?
The best racing game on console imo, someone must have a clue or the game and probably just try it out to check if it at least runs on their Wheelbase...
Very very much appreciated if someone could help me 🙏

Edit: Just tried out Project Cars 1 Goty Edition... Guess what it doesn't run either 😥
2 of the most probably best console racing games ever which were running absolutely fine on the DD Pro suddenly seem to not be supported...
What a huge bummer... I can't believe it 😒

Last edited:
Since downgrading the base firmware to 455 (WQR and Extreme wheel still on 456) I’ve done three Sarthe 30 minute races, Spa 1 hour and the WTC 800 High Speed Ring race. A total of 3 hours and not a single disconnect with the Extreme wheel compared to when it had the 456 firmware it would crash at least once in every race. I’m so glad I downgraded because another two weeks of constant crashing while waiting for 457 will drive me crazy

Since downgrading the base firmware to 455 (WQR and Extreme wheel still on 456) I’ve done three Sarthe 30 minute races, Spa 1 hour and the WTC 800 High Speed Ring race. A total of 3 hours and not a single disconnect with the Extreme wheel compared to when it had the 456 firmware it would crash at least once in every race. I’m so glad I downgraded because another two weeks of constant crashing while waiting for 457 will drive me crazy
Yes, I can confirm this is the way to do it to have it run without locking up for the time being. I have 9-10h on it now with this firmware setup and it's been fine.

You don't... How I mean... What? ... Ok
But thanks for your quick reply

Maybe someone else here has a clue... Anyone?
The best racing game on console imo, someone must have a clue or the game and probably just try it out to check if it at least runs on their Wheelbase...
Very very much appreciated if someone could help me 🙏

Edit: Just tried out Project Cars 1 Goty Edition... Guess what it doesn't run either 😥
2 of the most probably best console racing games ever which were running absolutely fine on the DD Pro suddenly seem to not be supported...
What a huge bummer... I can't believe it 😒
I have the game. It's been a long time since I've tried to play it, but I'll try later tonight to see if it will work with the DD+. I think the last time I played the game I was using the Fanatec Clubsport CSW 2.0 with a Drivehub. LOL

Back