FFB 1.12 Update

• Thread starter DRambo
  • 758 comments
Actually I use my G27 for GT6 and Grid Autosport, the FBB difference is like moon and earth, with GT6 l seems a toy, with Grid A. is a real wheel. I don't believe that they have not tested logitech wheels before doing this stupid change.

Yep, I agree. The quality and detail of the feedback in GT6 is actually better, but the lack of force means you just don't feel that quality. In GAS the sense of weight is very good. So despite the feedback lacking in quality, the illusion of driving a 1.5 ton piece of metal at 200 mph is much more convincing.

This would be an easy problem for PD to fix actually. Just let us adjust the wheel strength and wheel weight like in GAS. The parameters are obviously in the game already (the hotfix is basically modifying that), so it wouldn't take much work to code a few lines for sliders.

Sensitivity is how much environmental feedback you get, such as bumps and curbs and such. The consensus seems to be that keeping it below 4 or 5 is best. Torque is how hard the wheel is to turn and how much it wants to return to center, a higher setting should make for a stiffer/heavier wheel. The third setting is believed to only apply to DS3 controllers, and if it does effect wheels it's fairly minuscule.

Thanks man. As you mentioned the third setting didn't matter. However I found that cranking up the sensitivity level gave back my FFB sensation and I could find a happy medium reducing the amount of torque to 8. Drives great now IMO! Race On! Thanks again.

I'm using lower sensitivity as well.

Still experimenting with my G27, currently I have FFT 10 and FFS 5.

I like the better quality FFB. There still is room for improvement though.

I'm not going to change these settings per car. It's on PD to give each car a matching FFB profile.

[Edit: forgot to say I'm using 670* lock, that also gives a bit more FFB]

[Edit 2: changed FFS from 4 to 5. Feels great now for example with the Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe, or the Toyota FT-1 graphite on Sierra.]

Last edited:
The wiggliness shown in the ISR video reminds me a lot of how the F2007 used to behave in GT5P, and the Evo X in GT5 before they patched it.

After driving around some more today I'm growing to really like the new feedback model. I'd say for 90% of cars the amount of resistance is actually alright. It's just a few cars are still too light after the hotfix. I wonder if we can make a list of these cars and alert PD directly to see what they think. Tweeting Kaz was my first thought but I don't have a twitter account.

Last edited:
I did another bit of FFB testing just now (T500).

Tried a few cars with the maximum 10/10 settings, including the Jaguar XJR-9 on Le Mans. Let's just say that maximum sensitivity in a prototype on Le Mans makes for a good workout :) It took all my effort just to keep that car straight at high speeds, and my braking distance was noticeably increased.

The main issue that I found was that a high sensitivity setting essentially drowns the grip effects that you get otherwise - you can no longer feel the edge of grip anywhere near as well, or anything else for that matter. To me, this makes sense. After all, at max sensitivity the wheel is constantly pulling towards center with everything it's got, and there's only so much the motor can do.

Interesting was also that after I had used the high settings for a while and dropped back to my normal settings for some more comparison, I had more trouble getting a good feeling for those grip effects than before. Essentially my muscles had tensed up quite a lot from the high settings and were unable to transmit the small differences because of it! So keep that in mind when testing different settings for yourself - work your way up rather than down.

I conclude that if you prefer heavy steering over detailed grip feedback, you should favor a higher sensitivity. If you prefer the improved grip feedback, use a higher max torque setting. Setting both high seems effectively pointless to me, since the center-pulling effect from the sensitivity setting drowns out the other effects.

PS: do keep in mind at all times that the level of the effects varies wildly with different cars

I've got the settings at 5 Torque and 3 Sensitivity for now as I think the sensitivity is too jittery at anything higher. I plan to work up a bit with the torque as I get used to it.

I do like the extra feedback from the FFB change and think they will hopefully sort out the "weight" issue with the wheel.

One thing i would suggest for people to consider - this may not be the last "tweak" to the new FFB so don't be surprised if there are further adjustments in future updates!

So when they are gonna fix this? GT6 is currently unplayble for me with these rubbish weak forces.
I use CSW(fw53).

Are they really so stupid that they doesn't test these updates before they release them?

@Raikku :
I use CSR-E and after a few tests I found a setup not bad for lots of cars. But I prefered the 1.12 update (the wheel was absolutely fantastic for me), whith the hotfix, it's now too bad :-(
Try this:
On the wheel: FFB at 10, dead zone at 0 (for the first time since GT5!), dpr, dri and spr at 0 to, Sen. off.
In game : I use power steering (don't even try without), torque at 10 and sensitivity at 6 (normal cars) or 7 (racing car)

Hope it help you, I was totaly disapointed to, before I found this. Remember feeling can change a lot with certain cars.

And sorry for my english, I'm french ;o]

Do you guys really think the hotfix destoyed the new sensitivity experienced in the original 1.12?

I see this that way that they just increased the max torgue. So if you have benn glad with the new feeling in the origingal 1.12 the just tone down the strengh setting to something similar as before.

They defnitly improved the sensitivity and yes, the wheel strengh now is lighter than before the 1.12 patch, but for me theres not that much difference. I used FFB 7 before and i am very happy with my 10/9 settings now.

Torque was not the only change in the hot fix. Something feels different in the center now and most of the road detail is gone. First time since I bought the game last December that I don't feel much like playing.

Some people arent going to like this post, but the g27 sucks on GT6 now and it is all thanks to DFGT users complaining about wheel torque. You can call it personal preference, my opinion, etc...I still think it is ridiculous that PD nixed feedback for torque, because of people who complained that they want unrealistic wheel torque back again, when it was already unrealiaric beforehand...wait, say again? I've see and have talked to far more happy g27 users than pissy ones when it came to the original update before the hotfix. The only wheels people got upset about on the whole were DFGTs and Fanatecs. Sorry, but if you have a fanatec, you could have and can probably afford a g27. Your wheel is unsupported and it is what it is. I figure the ratio between g27 to fanatec users is probably over 100:1. To boot, I realize that the dfgt is a popular wheel, but the dfgt users crying for more wheel torque ruined the FFb update. You people wanted resistance so badly, that we all lost feedback. I've contributed a bit on a clipping and have made threads about it in the past for people who were running there wheels too high. It sucks now.

All I can feel is the weight of the car and kerbs/rumble strips. The texture of the ground has totally disappeared. You could feel corners of the car compress before the patch, too. It was very impressive. But hey, the wheels are not stiff enough and that is what is important/realistic/makes driving predictable. That is ridiculous.

Some torque and the ground is better than more torque and no ground. Having resistance with no feedback is useless. It's like driving with a joystick. That's exactly what it is, you just have a wheel attached to the base/center point, not the base of a stick. I don't care about feeling JUST the kerbs and weight of the car. I can see when I'm hitting a damn kerb, so it is kind of silly when that is nearly the only feedback now. When the feedback is mainly resistance, it just becomes point and shoot.

I want to feel the road slip out from under me again along with the weight of the car and more so, not just feeling the weight of the rear shift.

Stupid. A small amount of g27 users complained. A lot of DFGT users complain about the lack of resistance for everyone, so they change all of the drivers. And if you're a g27 user that complained, you were using your wheel incorrectly pre-1.12. Because you were running your wheel setting too high, burning out your motors quicker and basically what everyone (with a g27 who was using it properly; ie run it to the point with the least clipping) was used to beforehand, was a smack in the face. OMG, ten doesn't feel incredibly, overly stiff anymore! Even though I don't know how quality FFb and tolerance should feel like! We don't want feedback! Give us back the unrealistic resistance and ruin the experience for reactive drivers. We'd rather wait until we have to countersteer or react, until we seen the camera angle yaw on the screen! If that wasn't your thought when you complained the day of the update, that is what it boils down to. Whether you did or didn't say/think it. That is the meat and potatoes of it. You can say it however you wish and simplify it as much as you want, defending resistance, but it still won't make sense. It wasn't right beforehand, your complaining didn't making it right...but, good thing you ruined it for everyone, other than thrustmasters, which is fine/understandable/makes sense, etc.

If anyone with a g25 or g27 has found a setting that got them remotely close to the feedback from pre hot fix, please please let me know.

Another thing worth mentioning is that the g27 hardly got anymore resistance following the hot fix, which makes this even more laughable.

I need to build a pc.

Last edited:
Last week I play GT6 1.00/1.02 version street cars mostly FFB was good I could feel weight distribution under braking,
when accelerating rear end kicking more when pushing car over the limit suspension react better(realistic)more wheel spin, after 1.12 update GT6 looks arcade to this versions:tdown:

Last edited:
That's the point. I hate when wheel dance crazy on the straight.
I set sensibility no more than 5 or 6.

On the other Side i like torque on higher values (8 or 9), feeling better all the (new) effects on the wheel.

Ps:G25 user
I have DFGT and I use torque 10 sensitivity 8

Would be nice if he could rereview the DFGT after the update to get his take. However I reconfigured in accordance to his information and now run 5-6 torque and 1-2 sensitivity. This seems to relieve the wheel shake/vibration on straight aways but gives good information on curves.

Torque was not the only change in the hot fix. Something feels different in the center now and most of the road detail is gone. First time since I bought the game last December that I don't feel much like playing.

Some people arent going to like this post, but the g27 sucks on GT6 now and it is all thanks to DFGT users complaining about wheel torque. You can call it personal preference, my opinion, etc...I still think it is ridiculous that PD nixed feedback for torque, because of people who complained that they want unrealistic wheel torque back again, when it was already unrealiaric beforehand...wait, say again? I've see and have talked to far more happy g27 users than pissy ones when it came to the original update before the hotfix. The only wheels people got upset about on the whole were DFGTs and Fanatecs. Sorry, but if you have a fanatec, you could have and can probably afford a g27. Your wheel is unsupported and it is what it is. I figure the ratio between g27 to fanatec users is probably over 100:1. To boot, I realize that the dfgt is a popular wheel, but the dfgt users crying for more wheel torque ruined the FFb update. You people wanted resistance so badly, that we all lost feedback. I've contributed a bit on a clipping and have made threads about it in the past for people who were running there wheels too high. It sucks now.

All I can feel is the weight of the car and kerbs/rumble strips. The texture of the ground has totally disappeared. You could feel corners of the car compress before the patch, too. It was very impressive. But hey, the wheels are not stiff enough and that is what is important/realistic/makes driving predictable. That is ridiculous.

Some torque and the ground is better than more torque and no ground. Having resistance with no feedback is useless. It's like driving with a joystick. That's exactly what it is, you just have a wheel attached to the base/center point, not the base of a stick. I don't care about feeling JUST the kerbs and weight of the car. I can see when I'm hitting a damn kerb, so it is kind of silly when that is nearly the only feedback now. When the feedback is mainly resistance, it just becomes point and shoot.

I want to feel the road slip out from under me again along with the weight of the car and more so, not just feeling the weight of the rear shift.

Stupid. A small amount of g27 users complained. A lot of DFGT users complain about the lack of resistance for everyone, so they change all of the drivers. And if you're a g27 user that complained, you were using your wheel incorrectly pre-1.12. Because you were running your wheel setting too high, burning out your motors quicker and basically what everyone (with a g27 who was using it properly; ie run it to the point with the least clipping) was used to beforehand, was a smack in the face. OMG, ten doesn't feel incredibly, overly stiff anymore! Even though I don't know how quality FFb and tolerance should feel like! We don't want feedback! Give us back the unrealistic resistance and ruin the experience for reactive drivers. We'd rather wait until we have to countersteer or react, until we seen the camera angle yaw on the screen! If that wasn't your thought when you complained the day of the update, that is what it boils down to. Whether you did or didn't say/think it. That is the meat and potatoes of it. You can say it however you wish and simplify it as much as you want, defending resistance, but it still won't make sense. It wasn't right beforehand, your complaining didn't making it right...but, good thing you ruined it for everyone, other than thrustmasters, which is fine/understandable/makes sense, etc.

If anyone with a g25 or g27 has found a setting that got them remotely close to the feedback from pre hot fix, please please let me know.

Another thing worth mentioning is that the g27 hardly got anymore resistance following the hot fix, which makes this even more laughable.

I need to build a pc.
If all it took was a handful of complaints by a few outspoken player to get near instantaneous change in the game as you suggest, we'd have a completely different and much better game by now because we have been complaining about a multitude of issues for a long time.

Now the part about building a pc makes a lot of sense on the other hand:lol:

If all it took was a handful of complaints by a few outspoken player to get near instantaneous change in the game as you suggest, we'd have a completely different and much better game by now because we have been complaining about a multitude of issues for a long time.

Now the part about building a pc makes a lot of sense on the other hand:lol:
There are nearly 500 posts in this thread. In a very short period of time. It has been far from a handful of complaints, dudie.

There are nearly 500 posts in this thread. In a very short period of time. It has been far from a handful of complaints, dudie.
Relative to 3 million+ units sold it's nothing. And there were many positive responses as well. One can't deny that the FFB was too light, it's PD responsibility to find the right balance, not to make knee-jerk reactions. PC games have no trouble with this, the responsibility lies solely with PD, not the players.

Relative to 3 million+ units sold it's nothing. And there were many positive responses as well. One can't deny that the FFB was too light, it's PD responsibility to find the right balance, not to make knee-jerk reactions. PC games have no trouble with this, the responsibility lies solely with PD, not the players.
This is probably there go to place for feedback. Where else can they get much? Sony's PSN forum? Let's be serious lol.

They tested the wheels before rolling the update out. That is a given. They didn't wait to release 1.12 and THEN change their minds a day later...they just wouldn't have released a driver update otherwise lol. That makes no sense. They had been working on 1.12 for quite a while. It is not as if they didn't know. I guarantee you that they had that hotfix on standby and waited to see the responses on here. I can't think of why or how else they would have had a hotfix up so quick. They get hotfixes out for glitches that come up. This was not a glitch. It is not as if they released it and then thought, oh...we forgot all about the wheel resistance! Crap! Quick, get a hotfix up! C'mon, man - it was directly due to feedback lol. I can't fathom it being otherwise.

You may think the responses on here are nothing, but apparently, it was enough.

I need to build a pc.

So just because I have a Fanatec, I should spend even more money on another wheel just for one game, when my current wheel already works with said game? Yeah, no. Not gonna happen. "Unsupported" or not, my Fanatec CSR is compatible with GT6, and I will continue to play GT6 with it. I'm not going to spend money on another wheel when I already have one that works with the game.

I have a G27 and it was grand for the first few days. But, today, I was spinning out without any clue at all. The only feedback I got was the bottom left with the tyres turning red. I don't know, maybe I'll mess with the sliders so more, but does anyone have a good setting for the G27?

Like I've said before, I am using a G27 with 6/10 settings and it feels better than its ever felt, even before the update. And as far as not being able to feel the road surface, bumps, ect...I can feel all of that, again, better than I could before the update. I just think certain people aren't happy unless they are crying or complaining about something. If it don't feel quite right or have the exact same feel as it did before, then adapt to it and make it work for you. 👍

Cargo, you're not as passive or subtle as you think :) I'm not quite sure you played pre-hotfix either, by the sounds of things. The detail was unbelievable. It is a stupid game and I was sitting there with big grin on my face the first time I used the wheel, before the hotfix. I was speechless. You could feel the grainy-ness of the tarmac and how it differed from one section of a track to another...or on track to another, etc. You could feel TWO different FFBs going on at once; ie the weight shift AND the road texture, not just one or the other as it is again, like pre-1.12. It sucks compared to pre-patch and idk how anyone with a g27 could think otherwise. It was too different worlds from the night before, when everyone was still using 1.11. Right now, you hit a curb and THEN you feel the weight shift. Before the patch, you would hit the curb and feel the weight shift before you even got off of or away from it. IDK how it can even be debated to be honest. It was that much better.

So just because I have a Fanatec, I should spend even more money on another wheel just for one game, when my current wheel already works with said game? Yeah, no. Not gonna happen. "Unsupported" or not, my Fanatec CSR is compatible with GT6, and I will continue to play GT6 with it. I'm not going to spend money on another wheel when I already have one that works with the game.
I didn't say you had to, I just don't think that PD should factor Fanatec users and their opinions in where they'll affect people with common to GT6 wheels, to be honest. Let alone supported. People with crap generic wheels aren't complaining...they're unsupported afterall and that would be kind of silly to do so, all things considered. It would be expected, because there is no FFB designed for their wheels. Just like yours, but PD screws with the G27 drivers slightly so fanatecs work so-so. Yes, let's compromise a driver for what has to be no less than 100:1 users, from g27 to fanatec.

I don't understand you being upset that it won't work right, just because yours is expensive, because you bought it, have it, like it, etc. That's what it comes down to with Fanatec owners. "I spent a lot on my wheel or I'm a really serious sim racer (I promise), therefor it should have it's own driver or at least work correctly." LOL. Your wheel works with GT6. It just doesn't work right, like every other unsupported wheel. What's not to understand or swallow? You have no grounds to complain on.

There are very, very few fanatec users in GT6 and for good reason. People don't buy fanatecs to play GT6, which is beyond understandable. Was in a room the other night and some weirdo went off on his rant, because his fanatec is a joke with GT6 at the moment, complaining about Kaz as if all GT players know who he is, etc. My buddy's ten year old generic logitech wheel, which also runs a driver not meant for it, is a joke with GT6 at the moment as well. Both of you are using unsupported wheels and that is your own faults. You either bought the game and then bought and unsupported wheel...or you bought a wheel, knowing the game doesn't support it. Both are amusing. You spent good money on a wheel. Spending money on a good wheel, knowing or being uncertain that it will be unsupported...not our problem or mistake to deal with. That is your own, but it is partially made our for reasons of which I do not understand.

Spend more energy on PD supporting your wheel, than complaining about drivers that are meant for you and yours My g27 is a joke on some sims, but I don't complain, because I expect that. It is not meant for some serious sims to be effective. I don't know how you expect differently on the flip side of things, other than the fact that it is on the other end of the spectrum - not too cheap to be supported, just not supported and it is expensive and that doesn't sit well with fanatec users on GT6.

You're lucky enough that you are able to utilize our drivers and have it at least not be total garbage. They're simply not going to spend time on a g27 driver to make an incredibly small amount of users satisfied enough to play GT6...with another wheel using said driver. That would make no sense. But, they'll dumb down the G27 drivers, so the fanatec is tolerable...sometimes. Which is stupid, as the bad taste you leave in g27 users' mouths is a far greater issue than disgruntled fanatec users, because there are few on GT6 in the first place, as I've said...and that's also common knowledge, obviously.

Don't buy a game that you know your wheel is unsupported on and then complain about the FFB. That makes zero sense. You knew what you were going to get - whatever it was going to be, it wasn't going to be quite right. Sorry, just getting to the point and being honest/realistic. A lot of us bought GT6, knowing that the G27 would be supported and there are a ton of G27 users. We would like our wheels to work and not have the (supported) drivers changed on us, because people with other wheels with their own respective (supported) drivers have issues, dissatisfaction, etc. We have enough problems with supported wheels working correctly. I'm sorry to say it like this, but after spending money on a wheel, building a nice rig, buying sims and GTs and STILL having our own issues with FFB...they shouldn't be giving your wheel a second thought. I know that doesn't sound very nice, but it is frustrating for someone who paid attention, bought what I should, spent time and money on things that I KNOW will work/be compatible...and still not have them work correctly because of people with other wheels, some being unsupported. That is very, very annoying. Part of the reason our torque is weak, is because it would be too much on your wheel, because it is the same data signal going to a more powerful motor (fanatec motor obviously). If it was an electrical signal, that would not be a problem (it would actually be the other way around, like trying to power a large speaker with a small amplifier), but it is a data signal and that causes a problem. The compromise is BS and the hotfix was BS.

Last edited:
I've played for c.3 hours today, a mix of Sierra events (Fiat and VW), the Senna F3 Seasonal and the FT-1 at Bathurst.

My wheel is an original G27, with torque at 6 & sensitivity at 1... sensitivity above 1-2 results in rattling gears on the straights, but this is most likely because my wheel is old and has had a lot of use (it's fairly battered!). I didn't get to try the 1.12 update pre the 'hot-fix' as I was travelling on business.

I'm going to discount the Sierra cars as both events are run with SRF on, and this kills most of a car's handling characteristics.

The Senna Seasonal in the F3 car felt OK (virtually no different to pre-patch)... steering was a little light and could have probably benefited from a higher torque setting. Despite being a street circuit, Madrid is very smooth, so no bumps to feel, but feedback on the kerbs was decent.

The FT-1 event at Bathurst felt fantastic. I find this combo very difficult as the car is not my sort of thing (it doesn't want to rotate and you can't trail brake!), but the feel over the bumps on the mountain it is brilliant... a great feeling of the car bucking and weaving over the crests and bumps. The steering made the car more enjoyable to drive! :)

But the update hasn't done anything to change the fundamental problem with the way feedback is modeled in GT6 (which has been there since GT5)... whilst the weighting does vary somewhat with speed, the weighting doesn't really vary correctly in relation to the limit of grip.

In a real car (with decent steering), the weight of the steering increases as lateral load increases... the steering feels increasingly heavy right up to the grip limit. Once you broach the grip limit, and the tyre slip angle increases, steering weight begins to decrease. GT6 doesn't model the steering in this way.

Like I've said before, I am using a G27 with 6/10 settings and it feels better than its ever felt, even before the update. And as far as not being able to feel the road surface, bumps, ect...I can feel all of that, again, better than I could before the update. I just think certain people aren't happy unless they are crying or complaining about something. If it don't feel quite right or have the exact same feel as it did before, then adapt to it and make it work for you. 👍
Thanks for sharing your settings yesterday, made me try the FT1 event and it felt quite good so not so bad for me any more. I know G27 is capable of much better FFB effects though through playing some PC sims so hopefully they continue to improve FFB and physics for GT6 and make a big improvement for GT7 👍.

There is no way in hell that we'll be getting decent feedback again for a while. PD is going to be super gun shy about lowering wheel torque again to increase the ceiling for ffb. There is no way around the two to increase feedback. To get more of one, you have to lower the other. It is JUST like an audio speaker. One or the other or find a happy medium for everyone (based on this forum, the happy medium will never be reached).

Thanks for sharing your settings yesterday, made me try the FT1 event and it felt quite good so not so bad for me any more. I know G27 is capable of much better FFB effects though through playing some PC sims so hopefully they continue to improve FFB and physics for GT6 and make a big improvement for GT7 👍.

You're welcome, glad it helped. 👍

There is no way in hell that we'll be getting decent feedback again for a while. PD is going to be super gun shy about lowering wheel torque again to increase the ceiling for ffb. There is no way around the two to increase feedback. To get more of one, you have to lower the other. It is JUST like an audio speaker. One or the other or find a happy medium for everyone (based on this forum, the happy medium will never be reached).

It will partially down to the limits of the various hardware they have to accommodate.

I don't know what the G27 is ultimately capable of as I've only ever used it with GT and few other driving games on the PS3. But I can see that mine at least, is at it's limit as soon as I increases the sensitivity... I can see what the game is trying to communicate, but the slack in the gears means it's lost in the play. A wheel with less play might take a higher sensitivity setting and feel better. But also a very old, cheap wheel might feel worse.

A higher quality wheel should be able to manage both increased weight AND the faster response necessary to represent feel.

Back