FFB 1.12 Update

• Thread starter DRambo
  • 758 comments
I've been doing some more testing. I tried every Max Torque value from 1-10 (keeping Feedback Sens at 10), then tried every Feedback Sens value from 1-10 (keeping Max Torque at 10). Still no luck. 10/10 still gives the most resistance, but the difference is minimal.

Just out of exasperation, I also tried the Amateur/Professional/Simulation steering assists under Options. They pretty much do the same thing as locking rotation (Amateur = smaller degree). Also tried power steering ON, which just cuts the resistance when making large rapid see-sawing movement with the wheel. So by this point I've exhausted all the possible settings permutation that can be changed :crazy:

I then went and tried some more different cars:
Trueno SS (ok), Impreza GC8 (ok), Formula GT (very bad), Cizeta (good), Red Bull Junior (very good), Red Bull X2010 (good, weird considering X2014 is very bad), Senna WSR (very good), Honda HSV (ok)

The Red Bull Junior and Senna WSR are the real highlights. They're almost as strong as pre 1.12. Definitely the best feeling cars I've tried so far 👍

Incidentally, the Lotus 97T's very light steering has enabled me to go almost a second quicker on the Brands Hatch Senna event. Normally I'd struggle to even get gold, but just now in my 2nd try I smashed my old record. Takes all the challenge away from driving it :indiff:

I've also just done the new Seasonals, and I've noticed the steering getting progressively lighter throughout the race :confused:

I've just about accepted that some cars feel like crap, and some are as if nothing's ever changed. Obviously my biggest gripe is with the Lotus, since that car was an absolute beast to tame, but now you can drive it around with a pinky. But most other cars are actually reasonably okay. Looking back at how much the handling changes from v1.00 to now, I'm sure we'll see more changes the the FFB. Hopefully PD will patch things up over time.

I didn't try it yet, but I have it ordered. It's not just stiffer, the stiffness is variable based on how hard you press the brake. People that tried say they went to ABS 0 because the feedback is so good
The spring is progressive yes, but there is no feedback perse. The spring behaves the same way with every car and is stiffer the farther you push it, but it doesn't respond differently to conditions on the track.

I've been doing some more testing. I tried every Max Torque value from 1-10 (keeping Feedback Sens at 10), then tried every Feedback Sens value from 1-10 (keeping Max Torque at 10). Still no luck. 10/10 still gives the most resistance, but the difference is minimal.

Just out of exasperation, I also tried the Amateur/Professional/Simulation steering assists under Options. They pretty much do the same thing as locking rotation (Amateur = smaller degree). Also tried power steering ON, which just cuts the resistance when making large rapid see-sawing movement with the wheel. So by this point I've exhausted all the possible settings permutation that can be changed :crazy:

I then went and tried some more different cars:
Trueno SS (ok), Impreza GC8 (ok), Formula GT (very bad), Cizeta (good), Red Bull Junior (very good), Red Bull X2010 (good, weird considering X2014 is very bad), Senna WSR (very good), Honda HSV (ok)

The Red Bull Junior and Senna WSR are the real highlights. They're almost as strong as pre 1.12. Definitely the best feeling cars I've tried so far 👍

Incidentally, the Lotus 97T's very light steering has enabled me to go almost a second quicker on the Brands Hatch Senna event. Normally I'd struggle to even get gold, but just now in my 2nd try I smashed my old record. Takes all the challenge away from driving it :indiff:

I've also just done the new Seasonals, and I've noticed the steering getting progressively lighter throughout the race :confused:

I've just about accepted that some cars feel like crap, and some are as if nothing's ever changed. Obviously my biggest gripe is with the Lotus, since that car was an absolute beast to tame, but now you can drive it around with a pinky. But most other cars are actually reasonably okay. Looking back at how much the handling changes from v1.00 to now, I'm sure we'll see more changes the the FFB. Hopefully PD will patch things up over time.

The "funny" part about that is that the lotus is one of the only car where I found the ffb good (T500RS) because it's less heavier than the others... but still really heavy (FFMT@1 and FFS@3).

The "funny" part about that is that the lotus is one of the only car where I found the ffb good (T500RS) because it's less heavier than the others...
Just a query: How old is your T500RS, and which version (GT5-branded v1-v5 or unlabeled, GT6-branded)?

Just a query: How old is your T500RS, and which version (GT5-branded v1-v5 or unlabeled, GT6-branded)?

GT5 V1, I bought it 2 years ago. I didn't have enough space, so I played a little with GT5 (couple of months) and now I have a room just for me I play GT6 since August. So the wheel is like "new".

DFGT is a very good wheel, even better than the G25's wheel in some ways (RA Function buttons, more buttons on wheel etc), although the DFGT's pedals are rubbish. I tried my friends DFGT on GT5 & it produced a little bit more FFB than my G25. Another friends has just bought a DFGT too. I used a DF Pro for many years before getting my G25.

Have you considered upgrading to a G27/G25 pedal set?

:)

Currently settled on Max torque = 5, Sensitivity = 1.

Going higher than sensitivity 3 made the wheel very lazy feeling around the centre. 1 gives it the most nimble feeling.

Controller = 0 Max torque = 5 and sensitivity = 9, this settings works quite well on DFGT. I can tell understeer and oversteer easily and it now has some force. Even though the force was weaker comparing to 7 before 1.12 update, the force feedback @ 1.12 update seems a lot more precise and accurate. I can feel the road so much better.

Ffb in g27 still s*ck. So bad. The wheel plays like a toy now, cant feel the car at all. They improved a little bit with a hotfix, but its still very weak compared to pre 1.12. PD, fix it for the love of god, its a driving game, if you broke drive experience the game isnt worth at all...

DFGT USERS:
Since the update I’ve driven a few tracks a dozen times. At first it was sort of jarring as my FFB would vibrate on what I’m assuming is the road. I felt this to be unrealistic and annoying.

The 3 different settings on quick menu:
Someone please explain the differences between them to me so I can make concise adjustments? Thanks

DFGT USERS:
Since the update I’ve driven a few tracks a dozen times. At first it was sort of jarring as my FFB would vibrate on what I’m assuming is the road. I felt this to be unrealistic and annoying.

The 3 different settings on quick menu:
Someone please explain the differences between them to me so I can make concise adjustments? Thanks

Sensitivity is how much environmental feedback you get, such as bumps and curbs and such. The consensus seems to be that keeping it below 4 or 5 is best. Torque is how hard the wheel is to turn and how much it wants to return to center, a higher setting should make for a stiffer/heavier wheel. The third setting is believed to only apply to DS3 controllers, and if it does effect wheels it's fairly minuscule.

The "funny" part about that is that the lotus is one of the only car where I found the ffb good (T500RS) because it's less heavier than the others... but still really heavy (FFMT@1 and FFS@3).

You're using Thrustmaster mate, so you're all good. The lightness problem is mainly for Logitech users.

It seems that PD rebalanced the forces between cars so they are more variable, but in the process messed up Logitech wheels for some cars because the old wheel motors can't produce as much force as the newer ones (so they just don't produce any force at all). Previous to 1.12 every car feels pretty much the same, but it's still within the limits of the old wheel motors so it's ok (but it sucks for TM users because your wheel is capable of so much more).

They just need to give an option for Logitech users to use the old feedback model. Knowing PD I don't think this will happen and we'll just have to compromise :banghead:

Last edited:
That's why I'm likely gonna go with TM in the future as it seems to be the horse PD/Sony is betting on.
Funny thing with the update and the patch. I was one of the biggest complainers when 1.12 came out (I was using old DFP with FF on 8-10). But I did drive some cars to see if I could get used to it (with 10/10 settings). I liked the improved feel but I still missed the resistance on rotation. When they released the hotfix I found myself lowering the FFT to 5-6 to retain some of that new improved feel.
Currently running 5-7 FFT and 7-9 FFS depending on individual cars.

Each wheel has some who like and some who dislike the update. The guys who dislike it say its broken, the guys who like it think its improved.

I actually like the improved feedback detail. And I've gotten used to the lower resistance already. But in some cars there is literally ZERO resistance. It's like the wheel isn't even plugged in. That's not a matter of like or dislike, it's just plain wrong.

I really hope any "Logitech" change comes as an option, so the unsupported Fanatec isn't needlessly changed or spoiled.

Agreed. I want to enjoy my Logitech, but I don't want to see Fanatec or TM users suffer either. Options are what we need. Unfortunately PD isn't one who likes to give its consumers choice.

Agreed. I want to enjoy my Logitech, but I don't want to see Fanatec or TM users suffer either. Options are what we need. Unfortunately PD isn't one who likes to give its consumers choice.

That is an excellent point you've made and the article linked in your sig is also excellent. Too many people are worried about themselves and not thinking of the other gamers that may suffer from their demands. 👍

I actually like the improved feedback detail. And I've gotten used to the lower resistance already. But in some cars there is literally ZERO resistance. It's like the wheel isn't even plugged in. That's not a matter of like or dislike, it's just plain wrong.

Like what cars for example? I've been focused so much on the Nismo GT-R I haven't driven much else. I'm post 1.12 but pre Hotfix.

Like what cars for example? I've been focused so much on the Nismo GT-R I haven't driven much else. I'm post 1.12 but pre Hotfix.

Lotus 97T and Formula GT is the worst. If you look at my post on page 12 you'll find more.

The problem is only for Logitech wheels though (mostly G25/G27). If you have a Thrustmaster you won't find anything.

Lotus 97T and Formula GT is the worst. If you look at my post a few pages back you'll find more.

The problem is only for Logitech wheels though (mostly G25/G27). If you have a Thrustmaster you won't find anything.
Logitech DFGT old model from 09

I'll check those cars out

That's why I'm likely gonna go with TM in the future as it seems to be the horse PD/Sony is betting on.
Funny thing with the update and the patch. I was one of the biggest complainers when 1.12 came out (I was using old DFP with FF on 8-10). But I did drive some cars to see if I could get used to it (with 10/10 settings). I liked the improved feel but I still missed the resistance on rotation. When they released the hotfix I found myself lowering the FFT to 5-6 to retain some of that new improved feel.
Currently running 5-7 FFT and 7-9 FFS depending on individual cars.

After extensively testing out various settings with various cars (using Logitech G27), I've come up with 6/10 as the setting that feels the best for me. That setting seems to work/feel the best over the whole range of cars in the game for me so that's where it'll stay for now. I think it feels better, by far, than what the FFB settings felt like before the update. I applaud PD for making this change in the update and then also the hotfix that followed.

My GT3rs feels a lot better since the patch. I am able to adjust down to find where I want. The initial update was way too weak in terms of damping for me. I personally like a wheel with some weight just like my VW GTI on the road, if it is weaker than that it just feels like toy to me.

Found a setting that works well with my wheel. 👍

Not sure if controller sensitivity affects wheels, but I set that to -2, with torque at 3 and sensitivity at 5. This also allows me to run 100% FFB on my wheel. :D I'm feeling the things I felt prior to the hotfix a few days ago.

Actually I use my G27 for GT6 and Grid Autosport, the FBB difference is like moon and earth, with GT6 l seems a toy, with Grid A. is a real wheel. I don't believe that they have not tested logitech wheels before doing this stupid change.

Back