Fgtc | closed to posts| please use new thread

• Thread starter berty1979
  • 6,855 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Race report (deep breath):

Qualifyed second after an iffy lap, i really held off on the first half of the lap to try and make sure i get in a fairly competitive lap. Then spurgys time came up on screen and i was 2.7 seconds down, so i put my foot down and took out 0.7 seconds but i went into the wall into the last corner, so i started second.

The first corner was very clean, and i maintained my position, but at the start of the nordschliefe part spurgy spun and handed me the lead. From then on i built up the gap back to mustard and it was pretty comfortable when i came in to pit.

Mustard fuelled less than me so he jumped me in the pits, and i can only assume he wasnt comfortable on this track yet as i lost a fair bit of time stuck behind him, as i couldnt overtake because his car was always in the middle of the track. I lost a good 5 or 6 seconds :( This was with me going into the gravel, rejoining and then catching him back up again within a lap.

But i managed to get him on the start finish straight and i put in my fastest lap of 6.03.8 and pulled out an 8 second lead, with mustard spinning on this lap i had a 18 second lead.

I pitted and came back out with the same lead, but i span and lost a lot of time. I had a dodgy lap with a few mistakes and my lead was cut to a few seconds i think, thats pretty much where i lost the race, if i had maintained the 17 second lead i would have won :(

Spurgy wasnt far behind mustard i dont think, but he had a few spins.

I think on the 3rd pit stop i lost the lead again to mustard and i dropped back quite a lot, i was around 8 seconds behind going into the last pit stop.

Mustard and me pitted for the last time on lap 11 to see out the end of the race, but spurgy carried on going.
I was about 8 second behind mustard but i had a pretty big spin which cost me about 5 seconds i think.

Spurgy pitted from the lead at the end of the 12th lap and came back out in 3rd. I just had to catch mustard and keep spurgy behind me for the win.

At the start of the last lap the top 3 were separated by about 8 seconds, with me being 5 behind mustard. I cut this down and got right up behind him, and i just managed to squeeze past on a long straight bit, but i span a few corners later.
This caused mustard to crash into me and it handed spurgy the lead with about half a lap to go.

I knew mustard wasn't going to be a problem as long as i kept it on the track.
So i tried to hang on to spurgy, but i only had 20% grip on the back tyres :(

I caught him up on the massive straight and was within 1 second going into the last corner but i span it.
Resulting in mustard pipping me to the line by 0.100

Epic end to an epic season, and congratulations to spurgy on your first win :)

I broke my lap record by 4 seconds which im pretty chuffed about :D
Mustard had second fastest lap here which was 2.1 seconds behind me, so i do believe ive got the fastest lap trophy :D

Pagey-Can you confirm your excact laptime for the OP?
Nice report 👍 Unlucky at the end :(

Rich- Nice report, you had a good race today

FGTC History, Leaderboards all updated.

Its between spurgey and rich for best rookie, I need to collate their results but its looking like mustard at the minute.
Its between sakery/Runfast and Rich for cleanest driver too!

Yeah man, next season you will be up there if you race well. Best rookie is based on ranking after the first 4 races alone.

I actually thought there was a turnip of the year award. I wanted the one :lol:

SM- Ill do something similar tomorrow 👍

Pagey- No chance mate :D

Ellis- I reckon it might be Fast Kn that gets that for his debut. Trying to do a 45 lap race of GP/F on a set of softs :lol:

Profiles updated. Fastest laps and stewards reports pending.
Rankings have been changes, they will now reflect form more accuratley than before 👍

Hey, see there is an open spot in the OP, is it still open? If so, i'd be interested. I have a red FGT, and I'm in the US.

Ah yes sign me up for season 4 :lol:

And why is Ferg suddenly 17 :D He is 16.

Audiman90
Hey, see there is an open spot in the OP, is it still open? If so, i'd be interested. I have a red FGT, and I'm in the US.
Hey man, you would be welcome. Can I just ask you to double check the OP and make sure you can make the times etc.
Ill also ask you to keep an eye out for a blue FGT in the UCD/OCD so you can go into Red Bull. We are having a pre season next week and I would like to see you drive there if possible 👍

Ellis- Oh, he has been 17 for ages on there :lol: ill change it when I next look at the profiles 👍

Last edited:
:D A comedy car for my birthday please sir, something puny souped up and painted, or a classic car of some kind 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back