FINAL FANTASY XV

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 218 comments
I'm sold on everything except the battle system, It just looks...easy, you can teleport and slash any enemy then just teleport away and keep doing that until you kill every enemy in the game. I hope they actually limit Noctis's powers with a cooldown or something because at this rate the game will be too easy with the teleport ability.

They usually do have some kind of cool-down. It's been one of the fundamental gameplay mechanics and can be found in the old Active Time Battle, Conditional Turn Battle and, Gambit systems.

Amazing open world gameplay

I've been super skeptical about this game...but I have to admit the open world looks very good and very fun. If the entire game is open world, or at least if theres several open world areas (desert themed, snow themed, water themed etc) and not just one like FFX's clam lands or FFXIII's pulse, then I'm buying no matter what.

............My list of most anticipated games on current-gen consoles just went up by one: Final Fantasy XV. Saw this trailer today and now I can't wait!!

That character design though... Looks like an emo boy band to me.

Makes you wonder how this:

image_02_final_fantasy_9_steiner_zidane.jpg

Somehow turned into this:

4091985_f520.jpg

This is so far from what Final Fantasy was to me, it's not even funny :indiff:

.........Just saw that vid with "Ramuh" summoning. Holy moly, mother of god.
Damn you, Squeenix, why can't I just download the demo only? WHY DID YA BUNDLE IT WITH A GAME I DON'T FIND INTERESTING?????? I don't wanna buy Type Zero just for a freakin' demo...

:grumpy:........:indiff:........Sad chipmunk....welp.

I've been modestly excited for this title for a while now. When gameplay was revealed to be real-time, I was pretty skeptical though.

But I finally got around to trying Episode Duscae, and I've gotta say I'm much more excited now. The combat isn't stellar, but it's solid and it's flashy. Certainly better than XIII's whack-a-paradigm combat system, anyway. And I'm loving the setting and the bro-adtrip theme is cool, even if it's a bit homoerotic for my taste.

Honestly it kind of captures a fair amount of what made XII so great, just minus the whole "game plays itself" Gambit system that a lot of people hated (but I loved). Beautiful sprawling open world, seamless transition to combat, etc.

Also, the game is more gorgeous than screenshots and compressed videos let on... though they definitely need to get the framerate smoothed out a bit for the final version.

I liked Gambits, too. Mostly because I stopped having to worry about micro-managing every action, and could focus more on developing strategies to deal with stronger enemies. It was good because it allowed you to pick a fight with something bigger than you and stand a chance at success.

I liked Gambits, too. Mostly because I stopped having to worry about micro-managing every action, and could focus more on developing strategies to deal with stronger enemies. It was good because it allowed you to pick a fight with something bigger than you and stand a chance at success.
Not to mention not having to deal with the tedium of spamming X to win when grinding against weaker enemies...

Plus, the transition from having to occasionally do something other than spam X to defeat an enemy to being able to defeat an enemy just by spamming X is nowhere near as satisfying in depicting your increased power as the transition from occasionally having to do something manually in battle to complete and utter autoslaughter.

Last edited:
I have played the démo today and it was a pretty big let down. I liked the more action based system but graphics are not great, neither are cristalcollecting or all those platforms which change weather, player and time. I found it all pretty annoying.

I have the impression FFXIII was much more refined. I'll wait for FFVII and hopefully that one won't disappoint.

Was the demo available on PS4 and where? I was looking on PSN Store the other day, and nothing?

I have played the démo today and it was a pretty big let down. I liked the more action based system but graphics are not great, neither are cristalcollecting or all those platforms which change weather, player and time. I found it all pretty annoying.

I have the impression FFXIII was much more refined. I'll wait for FFVII and hopefully that one won't disappoint.

In the main game, the global weather and time-of-day will be dynamic (though presumably some sections it might be static for the sake of mood in relation to storyline events). The player will not have control over it. They just allowed players control over it in the demo so that they can play with it to see what different types of weather might look like in the final game.

There won't be Donkey Kong 64-esque platform thingies and associated collectibles in the final game. And as far as graphics go, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to disagree with you... it's a very good-looking game. Though Platinum Demo's limited scope certainly doesn't pack the same punch as the breathtaking open-world expanses seen in the actual game. And there are some framerate issues that do detract from the presentation a bit.

Was the demo available on PS4 and where? I was looking on PSN Store the other day, and nothing?

I got it by going to the main listing for FFXV proper and selecting "Download Demo". Though I'm not sure if that's the intended way of getting it, or if they've changed it since I got it... in my activity log it says that I played Final Fantasy XV for the first time, but for the people on my friends list who played it, it says they played Platinum Demo for the first time. :lol:

Last edited:
For those who aren't keen on the action-oriented real time combat, they did show off a new feature at E3 that might make it more palatable:

Jeez this game looks gorgeous

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back