Final Gran Turismo 5 Seasonal Event

• Thread starter JER_CREST
  • 101 comments
1:13.984 for P2 on the Miata one. Not even gonna attempt the one on the Ring.

1:13.984 for P2 on the Miata one. Not even gonna attempt the one on the Ring.

The Nurburgring one is quite fun. Did 3 laps before dinner. About 10 seconds off the top but still good enough for 19th...I'm probably outside the top 100 by now :lol:

It doesnt even say you need to gold, its something like you just need to get the time on a leaderboard (not around PS3 to check for sure).
Ok Thanks,I only gold one of them and bronze the other,I have all the car's anyway's !

Easy gold in the Mx-5 TG time trial, but I really struggled with the GT-R's understeer. I only needed 3 seconds for gold, but it was more the patience needed when I kept falling off the circuit, and getting more and more agitated each time! Nowhere near the top times on this one, think using my wheel would have helped feel the front grip more on corner entry.

Those were nice :) Needed two laps to gold the Top Gear one, but I golded Nürburgring on my first attempt, with 0.8 seconds to spare.

Also, I measured how long it took from starting the game to start the event, and it was 2 minutes and 40 seconds.
I then started GT6 and measured how long it took to start the most recent seasonal there, and it was 1 minute and 20 seconds, so it's half the time compared to GT5.

Oh my god sliding off the track on nurburgring when you have like a minute or two left is annoying as hell but giving up would just make me more pissed. And each time I get disqualified, I get more and more prone to making mistakes.

Plenty of time to find around the 'ring. I had a quick go at the Miata with a shifter/clutch + no ABS. It's difficult but not impossible to get conpetitive times up there.

Was very surprised last night when i loaded up gt5 for the first time since gt6 came out, thought it would be nice to take part in the very last seasonals that gt5 would offer.

Started with the GTR at nurbs 24h...1st lap 31.5 straight into 84th place...2nd lap 28.5 down to 42nd...3rd lap 25.XXX into 11th place.....decided to stop there and wait until the event was nearly closed to try again...still seeing around 3 seconds improvement so we'll see how that goes...felt great to be back on gt5..lol..

As for the mazda....1.15.xxx will do me fine as i'm not a big fan of the track.

no aids
abs 1
g27 manual gears

The Nurburgring car felt heavy and slow, much different than the TT they had for this combo, or was that the previous Schulze car?, TT 62 in May 13, anyway, cruise to bronze staying away from the curbs and braking real early.

The Miata Top Gear one is tough, might be able to get into the 1:teens with more practice, slow around Hammerhead to avoid DQs.

Last edited:
The Nurburgring car felt heavy and slow, much different than the TT they had for this combo, or was that the previous Schulze car?, late Dec 2012. Anyway, cruise to bronze staying away from the curbs and braking real early.

The Miata Top Gear one is tough, might be able to get into the 1:teens with more practice, slow around Hammerhead to avoid DQs.
somebody gave me a setup advice for miata/top gear--TC-2 and ABS-1 or 2,I got gold easily with that setup

I found the Miata one abit more difficult. I always had one corner I was too slow in or went off and got DQ'd. The Nurburgring portion was actually the easier one. I didn't push enough one lap and pushed too hard the 2nd lap but I nailed on the 3rd lap, by two seconds.

hey not for nothing but on gt5 for final seasonal event they said that completing stage 1 and/or stage 2 will reward you cars for gt6, so my question is what does that mean?

From memory I've got my Miata time down to a 1.15'2xx - would've been nice if the Gran Turismo website had the rankings there. Haven't watched any of the top 10 replays yet but I'm definitely interested in seeing the top non-ABS times. The best non-ABS time isn't too far off the overall best so it would be nice if any aliens can confirm as to whether or not ABS or no ABS would be quicker around this combo.

Atleast give us some cars in some sort of special colour or something.

Or maybe even better, introduce five new cars for the GT6 title, but by completing this event, you get them for free. That would have been cool. But five cars that are so easily attainable in the game and by the way a few of these came with the pre-order anniversary pack... just kind of silly.

you try loading the ghost of the fastest guy and try keeping up with him.

Watch the number one replay again in chase cam and watch for the use of the parking brake. I could not believe the entry rotation that he was able to get. I tried his little parking brake blip trick on corner entry and it is really faster. It is hard to train your brain to do it, so my overall lap time didn't come down much. I was less smooth in other sections.

To those who complain about struggling to get gold make sure you read and memorize the next three phrases.

Practice. Get consistent. Beat your ghost.

These seasonal time trial threads are best kept tidy with discussion on car set-up and advanced car control to find the last 10% - 20% of improvement to get your times closer to the top times.

There are probably thousands of "how do I get gold in this event?" style posts in this website. All it usually takes to gold events in Gran Turismo these days is for you to put those three phrases in bold into action; wheel or DS3 user.

Myffe said
Wait, how do I redeem the prize cars in GT6?
Between June 2nd , 2014 11:00pm PST and June 29 8:00pm PST, start “GT6” on your PlayStation®3 while signed in with the same SEN ID used to register your lap time in the GT5 Online Event Finale events mentioned above, and you will be awarded with the following 5 cars...​

Yeah, yeah, I got gold in both with my current PSN ID, then started GT6 but didn't get any cars. Am I doing something wrong or what?

Back