FITT Fall Battle 2.0 - Coastal Concept Challenge: Praiano wins!

My car is ok for round 2, any track. Just change LSD :F=5/40/5 R=5/40/5 , and my top speed .On share again.

Good luck everybody.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Well, if you guys feel that strongly about it I will run some laps on south and inside and see which I like better. I'll also check for reverse direction but I don't recall that CR has any reverse, though every track should in my opinion.
CR outside runs in the opposite direction from the full course.

Don't like the periphery track though. Mostly a speed track, which is boring to me.

After further deliberation, I have decided I would be OK with the South course. It shouldn't be too much different from the Inside course but if anyone needs to check again feel free. Tunes will be final tonight so testers can run the cars over the weekend.

After further deliberation, I have decided I would be OK with the South course. It shouldn't be too much different from the Inside course but if anyone needs to check again feel free. Tunes will be final tonight so testers can run the cars over the weekend.

So it has been confirmed that the South course will be the new venue for testing?

Was in need of some credits so took "Silberfeile" to the new Supercar seasonal race at the Indy road course. After resetting the final gear to prevent it from bouncing off the rev limiter down the front straight, went on to win several races.:gtpflag:
Admittedly the XJ220 was on the poll but still Cr 1,394,000 per win does wonders for the bank account in short order.:D

Made adjustments to the transmission and have annotated them in red on the tune for the final round. Hopefully these will be better for those who felt that 2nd and 3rd gears were a bit short. Other than the gear changes the rest of the tune stays the same. Don't know about others but found the tight double apex left hander onto the front straight to be a real pain to negotiate, and the fact that you can't run wide entering the front straight makes it especially tough to negotiate with any speed. Best time for Ol'Harvey Wallbanger on CR South was a 1:16.6xx though there is still plenty of room for improvement there.:drool:

Car is now back on share.👍👍

Last edited:
I only did a few minor suspension adjustments.
The transmission should still be good enough, so I didn't even bother with it.

Although I'm not sure if it's really better now....

Round two results.
Same setup as round 1, except the track is Cape Ring South.

Praiano: 1:15.942 / DC: 8
Krenkme: 1:16.596 / DC: 9
ugabuga: 1:16.623 / DC: 7
Despy: 1:16.605 / DC: 8
MCHami: 1:16.669 / DC: 8
ACSR: 1:17.181 / DC: 7

Last edited:
Final Round Test Results
Conducted with sixaxis controller.

Praiano63 - R35 Concept
Very competent tune. I found it the chassis took a while to settle after big weight transfers, so I was waiting for the front to start gripping on the entry to hairpins. It didn't float my boat, but damn it is fast.

Krenkme - Suzuki GSX-R
Wow, very sharp. As per round 1, I found it an effort to keep the rear in line, but it did grow on me. Needs to be handled with care, but very responsive.

Ugabugaz - Citroen GT
Another determined oversteerer. Unfortunately I found it to be "kill you in your sleep" oversteer. With the rear swinging in the breeze on the way out, it isn't ready for the engine's fury, so I found myself having to wait before getting back on the throttle. Incredible front grip, especially at high speed.

XDesperado67 - Audi Nuvolari
I love it at 9/10ths pace. Trying to extract that last bit of speed reveals mild understeer and some body control problems. Still very nice for such a big car, though.

Motor City Hami - NSX
"Caution: vehicle frequently sideways"! It's a very fine line to get the right amount of slip through any given corner. Then prepare for armfuls of opposite lock as you reach for the throttle. Hard work, but very capable.

ACSR421 - Miura
Wonderful. Just wondering, did you do something about the exit understeer? One has gotta be careful to avoid burning up the outside front when trail braking. But apart from this, it's perfect- predictable, balanced agile.

Cape Ring laptimes:
Praiano - 1:16.9
Krenkme - 1:17.8
Ugabugaz - 1:16.8
XDes - 1:17.6
Hami - 1:18.2
ACSR - 1:18.0

Driver's Choice Points:
Praiano - 7
Krenkme - 8
Ugabugaz - 7
XDes - 8
Hami - 7
ACSR - 10

Final Round Test Results
Conducted with sixaxis controller.

ACSR421 - Miura
Wonderful. Just wondering, did you do something about the exit understeer? One has gotta be careful to avoid burning up the outside front when trail braking. But apart from this, it's perfect- predictable, balanced agile.

Glad to see the tune works better for you this time. I tried to target the understeer and made changes to the rear ride hieght -5 less and softened the rear spring rate by .4 after much trial and error these settings helped the understeer without giving up too much stability which I feel the car also lacked once I got it handling sharper. For a MR car the Miura sure has alot of understeer to try and tune out. :crazy:

:cheers: -AC

I have done the 2nd round testing laps, and if you want to see'em, just check the page where I've put the 1st round times. :sly: I'll write my thoughts later, when I can.

Classification by lap time:

1-Praiano:1:14.892
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2-ugabugaz:1:15.339
Still the same very good car , very technical in high speed chicane. Need a lot of precision. The rest is very sane , excellent car for time attack.

3-XDesperado: 1:15.828
A surprise for me, i know the car and XDesperado did a great job. The car is stable all the time on his line, under strong braking , accel, in /mid/out corner. The only problem is like all this heavy 4x4. Need time to turn at low speed in a hairpin or other slow turn. Just need to wait, let it turn and full gas when close to point to the right direction. Very good car. I love it.

4-krenkme: 1:16.204
Congratulation Mr Krenkme. Nothing close from the car of the first round. This one is perfect , any time any situation. The track this time was not good for it, that’s all. Slower than the others for the retake at low speed after hairpin. Perfect car for me.

5-MCHami:1:16.403
NSX R , what to say. The car is excellent, a little soft on his springs and dampers for me and a little lazy in slow turn. LSD needed to be more close to allow full power earlier , principally on this kind of track. Very good all around.

6-ACSR: 1:16.714
I’ve tested this car during the first round unofficially, it was not good at all , very strange feeling. Now ACSR corrected everything and it’s another Lambo Miura. Very soft, need to be driven smoothly, no late braking staying on the line and I enjoyed it very much. Very good job.

Driver’s choice points:

Praiano =8
Krenkme =9
Ugabugaz =9
XDesperado =10
Hami =8
ACSR =8

Last edited:
Well it looks like the final round is going to turn out much closer than I expected. Very good stuff from all the Tuners and a warm thank you to the Test Drivers for their fine efforts.:cheers:

Round two results.
Same setup as round 1, except the track is Cape Ring South.

Praiano: 1:15.942 / DC: 8
Krenkme: 1:16.596 / DC: 9
ugabuga: 1:16.623 / DC: 7
Despy: 1:16.605 / DC: 8 (TCS:5?)
MCHami:
ACSR:
TCS needs to be off. Sorry must have gotten reset somehow when I pulled it to adjust the gears. If you tested with it on 5 please retest with it turned off. Will fix the settings when I get back home.:drool:

I turned it off before I tested. I wouldn't have commented but I know how you are about double checking your settings.

TCS needs to be off. Sorry must have gotten reset somehow when I pulled it to adjust the gears. If you tested with it on 5 please retest with it turned off. Will fix the settings when I get back home.:drool:

I've been wondering about this, I've seen it a few times, with cars of my own too. In my case, it was because I took the car to test in a private Lounge, where I turned TC off from the regs menu, rather than the driver options menu. Sometimes this turns TC off for a car, sometimes it just disables it for that session only. So you could well test your car without TC and then host it to find it has default TC5 👎

{Cy}

That definitely did end up much closer than anticipated! :eek: Winner by a nose is our beach-buond fish expert Praiano! Coming in hot on his heels for second and third are Clueless Krenky and Outlaw Harvey! Congrats to you three and also to all who participated in Fall Battle 2.0! :D

Everyone please consult the front page for your prizes. I will start sending them in order of whoever PMs me first. :) Thanks again to everyone, I think this turned out to be a better success than I had figured from the beginning. :cheers:

Next shootout on the docket will be Newdriver's "Clueless 2000" event and should be coming up shortly.

That definitely did end up much closer than anticipated! :eek: Winner by a nose is our beach-buond fish expert Praiano! Coming in hot on his heels for second and third are Clueless Krenky and Outlaw Harvey! Congrats to you three and also to all who participated in Fall Battle 2.0! :D

Everyone please consult the front page for your prizes. I will start sending them in order of whoever PMs me first. :) Thanks again to everyone, I think this turned out to be a better success than I had figured from the beginning. :cheers:

Next shootout on the docket will be Newdriver's "Clueless 2000" event and should be coming up shortly.

Nice ,i'm happy with this, the car was amazing principally round 2. New LSD setup that have make a big difference.
I use this LSD now for most of my FF and 4WD that are a little lazy to turn or show understeer out corner.
Initial= 5
Accell : dependend of the power /weight/ torque differential. But need to check the tires and raise it till the ext tire don't light in red.
Deccel= 5

It's very eficient. Congrats to all testers and tuners, it was a very good shootout , on a track that i discover again, i love it.

For price a ticket 1000 will be ok. Thanks again.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Wow! My car did better then expected. Getting the drivers choice and being up there with some GREAT tuners is truly an honor :cheers:

Great job to all the tuners, and to all the testers for your time and unbelievable feedback. We couldn't have these shootouts without you :bowdown:

And a big THANK YOU to DigitalBaka for this very fun and very close shootout. 👍... I'll PM you later :dopey:

Thanks again!

Hanging Chads, I demand a recount! That clueless guy obviously has family in Florida mucking up the the voting process! No way I lost out to both a Fish and a Parrot!:crazy:

Seriously guys great job by everyone tuners and testers both and I'm simply amazed that "Silberfeile" managed a podium.:cheers: Thanks to everyone for giving it such good marks in the drivers choice section which personally generally means more to me than lap times.:dopey:

Excellent shootout DB! Well presented and well run.
Thank you tuners for letting me test your cars. I will be making my own copies of some of them today to play around with.

XDesperado67
Hanging Chads, I demand a recount! That clueless guy obviously has family in Florida mucking up the the voting process! No way I lost out to both a Fish and a Parrot!:crazy:

Sometimes you go to the zoo and sometimes the zoo comes to you! :D

Thanks again for the fun (fish?). I really want sure how it was going to go with the concepts but it turned out better than I had hoped. Everyone please do check the results post to see who got what prizes. Testers, please let me know if you want the 1000 ticket or a premium car worth up to 150k. I want to make sure everyone gets their rewards so the sooner the better. :)

Thanks again for the fun (fish?). I really want sure how it was going to go with the concepts but it turned out better than I had hoped. Everyone please do check the results post to see who got what prizes. Testers, please let me know if you want the 1000 ticket or a premium car worth up to 150k. I want to make sure everyone gets their rewards so the sooner the better. :)
I'll just take the little bronze plack to hang in the Café thanks.:crazy:

You can save the credits and tickets for others here and in future shootouts.👍👍

Thank you DB for this Shootout :tup:Congrats for the winners and thanks for the Tuners and Testers for this great work which made this Shootout Great 👍

Last edited:
DigitalBaka

If you're not having fun then you're doing it wrong :dopey:

Just send me a car you'd think I'd like and/or any matte paints. 👍

Also who am I sending the Honda N360 to? :P

cgg
Can I tune for Round 2?

Sorry, but this shootout has ended, but tuner sign up for the next one has started. It's called the F.I.T.T 2000 Shootout, and if I knew how to link using the app I'd hook you up. Maybe someone can post a link :D

Back