FITT - Moving on to GT6!

• Thread starter DigitalBaka
  • 2,044 comments
Two things.

A. Can we update the schedule of events post to include the dates for my Rally and Street event?

B. Reposting this here in case the FITT crowd didn't see this in the Rally/Street thread.
Question - Should I remove the rule about all tuners must test? The intent was to ensure that we get more than three test drivers. Right now we have seven confirmed tuners and ten confirmed test drivers. I truly did not expect that to happen.

Some of the usual FITT tuners are currently missing in action (Onboy, Roj, CSLACR, tris_73, C-ZETA, ACSR421). Just want to make sure that we haven't frightened people away with the tuner/tester rule?

Why are the missing in action, missing?
1. Tuners must test
2. It's just a busy summer, man
3. I just hate rally cars
4. I am working on my tune and will sign up at the last minute
5. I finally hit puberty and noticed that girls are more fun to play with than GT5 (ok, #5 is really only about one specific FITT tuner)
6. MCH is just a royal prick so I hate him

I didn't know there were extra testers, and I'm way past too busy for testing at the moment.
It might be hard for me to even make 2 tunes right now , it really depends how much trouble they give me. I'm liable to spend 10 hours on a car if it gives me a hard enough time rather than just say good enough and release it while I'm still unhappy with it.
I'll have to see how the upcoming days go before I commit, I don't like committing and then quitting.(or failing to submit)

Desperado and I are working with Famine to try to find a way so that I can edit the first few posts. Haven't heard back from him lately so I will poke him with a sharp stick. :lol: In the mean time I will mock up the changes so XD can just copy and paste when he has the time to do so.

6. MCH is just a royal prick so I hate him

:P

Actually I've not entered because I've just gone off GT5 completely. I just come back to do seasonals and then I'm off playing other games again. I just wouldn't be able to test like that. Also I'm trying to make money from YouTube.

Is #5 aimed at Onboy? :lol:

Is #5 aimed at Onboy? :lol:

Nah, he would have had to figure it out... :lol:
Leave it, you two. :lol:

It's nothing to do with girls or puberty, before you old farts come in with your own theories about my absence. :P

I've not been tuning because…I don't know, I just lack confidence in doing so. I've screwed up one too many times for me to run into another one of these head on, I need a bit of a break, that's all.

#6 might ring true though. :dopey:

#2 is my excuse. Except since I'm on the southern side of the planet, it's just a busy winter bro. :)

Since MCH's rally shootout is being extended, does that mean all following shootouts are also getting pushed back?

I have no problem with it (much preferred, compared to overlapping with the rally shootout, especially since contestants seem to be decreasing lately), just wanna clarify.

Cheers,
Simon

Since the tuning deadline is being extended I think that I will go ahead and push back the following events, yes. Don't want to get into a situation again where there are too many events piled on each other again. I will update the calendar later today.

EDIT: Calendar is updated with Street/Rally dates and tentative dates for Nomis' run. Nomis, feel free to fudge with the dates as you deem necessary for your event.

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=ipi3najs3eiv53p4rs7tknrdtg@group.calendar.google.com

Last edited:
EDIT: Calendar is updated with Street/Rally dates and tentative dates for Nomis' run. Nomis, feel free to fudge with the dates as you deem necessary for your event.
Thanks for updating the calendar

Sorry to be a pain...but...I've just noticed...
Street/rally testing start 20 Aug
60/40 tuning start 24 Aug
Street/rally testing end 3 Sep
60/40 testing start 3 Sep (based on 10/10)
60/40 testing end 13 Sep
This means FITT testers would be out of one shootout and straight into another. I think a 4-5 day break is needed (from rushing out last minutes results of the street/rally, to preparing for 60/40 testing). So can we please put the 60/40 back a bit?

We really need to update the list of events post. Wallbangers FF challenge is still listed as the current event. Has that ended? My event is two weeks in and isn't listed as current. Nomis' isn't even on the list of future events and he's next.

We really need to update the list of events post. Wallbangers FF challenge is still listed as the current event. Has that ended? My event is two weeks in and isn't listed as current. Nomis' isn't even on the list of future events and he's next.

I think we should, for now anyway, have the next event organiser update the current event calender through a new post. It's troublesome, but it does keep things up-to-date until DB can find a more solid way of updating the OP. Using Nomis' example above seems quite good.

Thanks for updating the calendar

Sorry to be a pain...but...I've just noticed...
Street/rally testing start 20 Aug
60/40 tuning start 24 Aug
Street/rally testing end 3 Sep
60/40 testing start 3 Sep (based on 10/10)
60/40 testing end 13 Sep
This means FITT testers would be out of one shootout and straight into another. I think a 4-5 day break is needed (from rushing out last minutes results of the street/rally, to preparing for 60/40 testing). So can we please put the 60/40 back a bit?

Yes, if you're OK with that we can push it back some. Also, no need to stick strictly to 10/10 if you want to fudge with the dates. I'll drop everything back a week but I will let you have final say on exact dates.

I've sent another note over to Famine about the situation. What may end up happening is re-creating the thread as a new post and archiving/linking to this one.

Yes, if you're OK with that we can push it back some. Also, no need to stick strictly to 10/10 if you want to fudge with the dates. I'll drop everything back a week but I will let you have final say on exact dates.
Excellent, thanks. I'd like to start on the 29th please. We'll leave it 10/10*, I wanna try to avoid it dragging out.

*until things start going wrong and I'm back here begging for some more days!!

I've sent another note over to Famine about the situation. What may end up happening is re-creating the thread as a new post and archiving/linking to this one.
Thanks heaps, this would be a huge help to everyone involved with FITT events.

E
*until things start going wrong and I'm back here begging for some more days!!

That's likely. Set 10/10 as the goal, but with the FITT challenges, keeping them fun should be the goal. If any should be rushed, it should be the one off, pop up challenges. Those should be quick, toss together a tune and hope for the best. FITT should remain as the gold standard for tuning challenges. They should be well thought out, challenging and more prestigious to win. If we have to extend another few days to help more people participate, my opinion is to allow for extensions where needed.

That's likely. Set 10/10 as the goal, but with the FITT challenges, keeping them fun should be the goal. If any should be rushed, it should be the one off, pop up challenges. Those should be quick, toss together a tune and hope for the best. FITT should remain as the gold standard for tuning challenges. They should be well thought out, challenging and more prestigious to win. If we have to extend another few days to help more people participate, my opinion is to allow for extensions where needed.
As long as the people delaying are actually submitting something, I don't see a big issue with it.
When people ask for time and don't submit anyway...well...

Sorry to make my post off topic a bit, but regarding my Shootout back in May, before I stopped playing in my PS3 and posting in GTP, did anyone not receive his prizes, are still waiting for it and want to receive them in the next week? I have recently started playing PS3 again and I want to know. Thanks.

Awesome. :dopey: Despy and I are working on a way to keep the front page updated but regardless I will try to make the best use of our new social outlets. Of course feel free, whoever, to post around GTP as long as it is relevant. 👍

Thanks to the great skills of Famine, the first 4 posts are now under DigitalBaka's control.👍👍
I'm sure he will get them cleaned up and brought up to date in short order. Please give him any support he needs to get things sorted out. Thank you all for your patience, sorry I've been unable to keep up here but your in good hands now.

As they say...the king is dead, long live the King!:crazy::cheers:

PS if you get a chance please thank Famine and the rest of the Administrators and Moderators here at GTPlanet. They may not always be the quickest, but they do get it right the vast majority of the time.:gtpflag:

As they say...the king is dead, long live the King!:crazy::cheers:

Psh, I'm just playing secretary now! Or is it "administrative assistant"? :odd: Either way, hoping to get things cleaned up at the front over the next few days. I have Tuesdays off so I will take time out of my usual WRSing to do what needs to be done. If anyone has specific things that need cleaning send me a PM so I can make sure to look at it but I will definitely tackle the current events/archive first and get that looking good. :sly:

And of course, thank you to Famine for your work getting this done for us. :bowdown::cheers:

Thanks moderators for helping the tuning forum keep this active.
And thanks to Harvey for starting this, and good luck to DigitalBaka for keeping it going. If you need help with anything please ask :dopey:

Got a good head start already...slow day at work. :D

Put MCHs event on the current list and moved the 2nd FF and "ongoing" events down to the archive. None of them seemed particularly updated in the last few months and I don't think the seasonal for Raver's is even available anymore. I will be going through and posting links for the other events that aren't archived as well.

Also looking at maybe reorganizing the council list into a different format. It's a bit difficult to read. If anyone would like to add any info to their entry please PM it to me. 👍

Should we also do some trimming on that list? Don't mean to be an 🤬 but there are plenty of names on there that I haven't seen...well, ever. I'd like to keep it so that the folks that are and have been actively trying to develop FITT into something great get the recognition. Thoughts? Any other changes to be made?

I could be a volunteer test driver, when needed just ask me, I'll do it. Please bear in mind that I don't use any aids, including ABS, so I hope any lap time that I posted can still be used. Is it okay to post lap times with tuner's BB then my own preference BB ? Anyway looking forward to have a go.

F.I.T.T. Council Members and Competition Committee
GTP User ID // PSN User ID // additional information // E-Mail/Social media
XDesperado67 // XDesperado67 // Facilitator, Event Sponsor, Car Host, Car Reviewer/Test Driver // rook1967@live.com
madmyk // madmyk // Statistician, Car Host
TimberW // GTP_TimberW // Event Sponsor, Car Host
CyKosis1973 // CyKosis1973
C-ZETA // V16T91 // Event Sponsor
krenkme // krenkme // FAQ writer, Contributing Editor, Car Reviewer/Test Driver
Milldrum // GT-HO-FALCON // Event Sponsor, Car Host
tris_73 // TRIS_73 // Car host, Car Reviewer/Test Driver
CSLACR // GTP_CSL, TwiztedLove // Event Sponsor, Car Host, Car Reviewer/Test Driver
Dylans1o // dylan_95_09 // Event Sponsor
Indy_RacerFan // INDY_RACERFAN // Contributing Editor, Car Reviewer/Test Driver // indyracerfan@gmail.com
Onboy123 // Onboy123 // Car Host, Car Reviewer/Test Driver
praiano63 // praiano63 // Translator, Car Reviewer/Test Driver // praiano63@gmail.com
zero_speed // GTP_Z3RO_ , D3MONIC_Z3RO // Event Sponsor, Test driver
dr_slump // the_dr_slump // Translator // GTP_dr_slump@ich-habe-fertig.com
GfxJG // GfxJG // Event Sponsor, Car Reviewer/Test Driver
DigitalBaka // Event Sponsor, Car Host, Car Reviewer/Test Driver
ACSR421 // acsr421 // Car Host, Car Reviewer/Test Driver
LexSombra // LexSombra // Car Reviewer/Test Driver
GoSpeedGo88 // GoSpeedGo88 // Car Reviewer/Test Driver

Honorary Members
Princess Kate (and sister) // Graphics Design

I would start by separating into any groups possible.
Example:
Creator:
XDesperado67
Organizers/Name I can't think of for you:
DigitalBaka
Event Hosts(as above)
Associated tuners and testers

Or leave it all on the left.

Then I would change this format:
GoSpeedGo88 // GoSpeedGo88 // Car Reviewer/Test Driver
To this:
CSLACR // PSN: GTP_CSL/CSLACR

Bigger size never hurts for lists imo.
With categories there's no need to list what they do. Cleans it up and makes it easier to see who's who, by their GTP name. Also leaves plenty of room for multiple PSN's. :)

^ That is what I was thinking. Some folks would be in more than one group but it would be easier to read for sure.

Back