FITT - Moving on to GT6!

• Thread starter DigitalBaka
  • 2,044 comments
Nomis, what about Autumn Ring and Grand Valley East? Both are quite short, one being twisty and the other fairly open.

Actually if I remember right you originally said GVE didn't you?

The Schumacher esses on GP/F still give me nightmares after that stupid license test. :banghead:

What about the Top Gear track or CSR5?

Woops! I meant Autumn Ring. :dunce:. Post has been ninja-edited.
I thought ninja-editing was before the writing popped up saying it was edited?
Totally off-topic, that's just what I've assumed it is.

Ok, then what I'm looking for is mid-range. Spa is DLC and Suzuka was used for the Japanese shootout (besides, I hate it!!)
Well, Laguna Seca favors cornering cars more than any other track in the game. At least that is what GT500's told me.
Just saying, if you want the cars opened up on a faster course, and on a tight course, Laguna and a tight track will not accomplish that goal well, because Laguna fits the "cornering track" bill more so than most anything.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions...but...Tsukuba was used for the Japanese shootout, Madrid has some decent straights where the lighter cars will get swamped, Eiger is being used for the Street/Rally. I considered HSR, but all that banking could have non-stig testers spinning off every lap in the RRs. Indeed, GVE reverse has the works, but I thought it'd be interesting to (kind of) split the results into high speed and low speed. Monza is great, but was used for the Tonnes of Fun.
Not if it's a good tune they won't. ;)
Good tunes are driveable, above and beyond anything else. If it's not driveable, it sucks, right?

Sorry to everyone for asking for suggestions then dismissing them. I guess I am actually after feedback for the 4 tracks I mentioned (ie "don't use Nurb GP/F, everyone hates it"), not general suggestions for other tracks. Sorry. Thanks.
You're welcome to use whatever tracks you please of course.
I'm just saying Nurb F, Laguna, London, and Autumn Ring all favor cars with excellent cornering.
I might have misconstrued the meaning, as you did say tight for cornering, and high-speed cornering, all of which is cornering.

-BUT- I'd test it out, most likely the car best at Autumn Ring is also the car best at Laguna Seca,(I'd bet on it) in which case there's no purpose to using 2 tracks.(Not those 2 anyway)

The Schumacher esses on GP/F still give me nightmares after that stupid license test. :banghead:

What about the Top Gear track or CSR5?
GP/F it is, then!!! :lol:
Sorry, I hate CSR5, so I'm veto-ing it!

Nomis, what about Autumn Ring and Grand Valley East? Both are quite short, one being twisty and the other fairly open.
Yeah, at this stage I'm gonna go with Autumn Ring for the twisty one.

I thought ninja-editing was before the writing popped up saying it was edited?
Indeed it is, I was just being silly how I described it. 👍

I'm just saying Nurb F, Laguna, London, and Autumn Ring all favor cars with excellent cornering.
I might have misconstrued the meaning, as you did say tight for cornering, and high-speed cornering, all of which is cornering.
To try and put it another way, I guess I mean one course which is mostly 2nd gear corners and features which reward agility. Then the other course is more 3rd and above (that's why I thought Laguna might work) where the focus is higher speed grip. Cornering needs to be important at both tracks, just different styles of corners.

Not if it's a good tune they won't.
Good tunes are driveable, above and beyond anything else. If it's not driveable, it sucks, right?
Good point. Soooo... for the faster track, I've done some testing at 460pp and at this stage I'm gonna go with XDes' suggestion of High Speed Ring Reverse. Forwards is a bit too fast IMHO for 460pp cars, but reverse makes the corners a bit more challenging at 460pp speeds and is just what I was looking for and will be a great contrast to Autumn Ring.

(subject to change if a few people here don't like these tracks :ouch:)

CSLACR
Not if it's a good tune they won't. ;)

What about tunes that improve the drivability of chaotic cars. Despys Golden G4 isn't "drivable" but it's a long sight better than the stock car.

Those tracks work for me! 👍 Looking forward to seeing how it works out.

What about tunes that improve the drivability of chaotic cars. Despys Golden G4 isn't "drivable" but it's a long sight better than the stock car.

I don't know that I would call the Holy Hand Grenade better than stock...maybe just....different... :lol :D

Good point. Soooo... for the faster track, I've done some testing at 460pp and at this stage I'm gonna go with XDes' suggestion of High Speed Ring Reverse. Forwards is a bit too fast IMHO for 460pp cars, but reverse makes the corners a bit more challenging at 460pp speeds and is just what I was looking for and will be a great contrast to Autumn Ring.

(subject to change if a few people here don't like these tracks :ouch:)
I think it sounds excellent. 👍

But it's called..
The Holy Hand Grenade
In any case, I'd have to say if you can't make it perform as needed, you'd pick another car?

Nomis, what is your competition going to be? Something about 40/60 weight distribution?
All cars must be 40/60 or 60/40 weight distribution, 460PP, Starting in 2 days.

If you still have the settings see if a car host can share your car for the shootout. Sucks about the PS3 though. :indiff:

The archive has been updated now that Hami's event is final. I am hoping to format the archive like that moving forward with a link to the results along with the one for the OP. I also need to find the rest of the events and add them. :embarrassed:

Also a question: should we add something to the rules about DLC cars? Right now it is really up to the ES to determine what cars are or are not allowed but since DLC and limited edition cars cannot be borrowed do you think it would be safe to add something like this:

"Unless specifically allowed by the ES (with consent of those who will be testing) all DLC cars are deemed ineligible as they cannot be borrowed under current GT5 spec. These cars include but may not be limited to DLC (Aventador, Scirocco, FR-S, etc.), Stealth and Chrome Line cars."

If I remember right the GT Academy cars fall into this as well, correct?

Last edited:
The archive has been updated now that Hami's event is final. I am hoping to format the archive like that moving forward with a link to the results along with the one for the OP. I also need to find the rest of the events and add them. :embarrassed:

Also a question: should we add something to the rules about DLC cars? Right now it is really up to the ES to determine what cars are or are not allowed but since DLC and limited edition cars cannot be borrowed do you think it would be safe to add something like this:

"Unless specifically allowed by the ES (with consent of those who will be testing) all DLC cars are deemed ineligible as they cannot be borrowed under current GT5 spec. These cars include but may not be limited to DLC (Aventador, Scirocco, FR-S, etc.), Stealth and Chrome Line cars."

If I remember right the GT Academy cars fall into this as well, correct?
Great work, DigitalBaka.

My vote is that all cars which can't be shared should be ineligable.

Excellent, thanks. I'd like to start on the 29th please. We'll leave it 10/10*, I wanna try to avoid it dragging out.

*until things start going wrong and I'm back here begging for some more days!!
Things are going so well I'm back here begging for some more days!!

The 60/40 will definitely be multi-round, my plan is for the final round to finish by 28 September. I'm totally happy if the next shootout wants to start before this, just letting you know to help you plan.

Cheers,
Simon

Should be no problem. I have heard back from ryangt so far who is waiting on hermanvongerman to see if they are set. Dragon's mailbox is full so I've left her a note on her "wall" and we'll see what happens with skylinegtrkid.

I can always run my World Challenge but I was hoping not to do it after something with multiple tracks as it is super intense on the tracks. I can also come up with regs for the second fall shootout, though I will probably drop the roadster bit and maybe the photo poll as well. The setup for that is much easier so I can get it up quickly if nobody is ready in time.

Anyone else have ideas to add to the board? If you haven't the time to run hosting or just have a thought scribbled on a napkin go ahead and put it out there and we can see if someone would be willing to pick it up and run with it. Not guaranteeing that will happen though, up to the foods reading through whether that is something they want to do.

Edit: added an "Events Needing A Sponsor/Host" section to the event scheduling in post 3. If anyone has a napkin thought I will link it there and anyone willing to run the event may do so.

Last edited:
I've had the idea to try a "Blue Cobra" shootout. Shelby 427 @ Cote d'Azure. Stock except LSD, tranny, suspension and brake balance.

I have a few shootout ideas.

1. I want to do one using some of the cars that are always banned from these competitions. I need to play around with some of the cars to come up with the PP and other restrictions, but I would like to do a Tuned Car Challenger. Spoon, Mines, Tommmy K, etc.

2. Best Race Mod Challenge

3. Concept Car Challenge

1. I want to do one using some of the cars that are always banned from these competitions. I need to play around with some of the cars to come up with the PP and other restrictions, but I would like to do a Tuned Car Challenger. Spoon, Mines, Tommmy K, etc.

3. Concept Car Challenge

Great minds think a like. Some things I was thinking about... before I retired from hosting shootouts :nervous:

3. Concept Car Challenge

I'm keen on 1 & 2, not so bothered about concepts though. As I missed out on the GT Shootout recently, I'd love to have a crack at some RM cars...

{Cy}

3. Concept Car Challenge

How about RM/TC shootout? Even a nice high PP level like 575-625 somewhere. I'd also like to see one at Monza or Laguna Seca. PM me if interested and I'll even throw in a prize car or two if I have them.

Also, how would I go about hosting an event in the F.I.T.T.? I want to do a 575PP Supercar shootout at Nurburgring GP/F. I just don't know what cars are excessively fast. I'm looking at cars like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi RS6/R8, Mercedes (SLR a hypercar or not? See what I mean lol), Aston Martin, Mclaren (use the F1 or not?), and such.

Last edited:
As I have not heard back from anyone I contacted that is already on the list I am going to go ahead and throw out Fall Battle 2.0 as our next event. We've had some pretty intense events lately so I am going to try to stick to some basics: one track, one car type, one group, one round, scoring by average lap time and driver's choice. Nothing fancy but hopefully interesting, something to keep up activity but in a calmer competition to the great but intense events of late.

How does everyone feel about starting this at the end of next week? We should be able to pull it off on a quick schedule with the simplicity. I am going to contact a couple people who I would deem "experts" or "aficionados" for some specific feedback so we can get it up quickly.

For follow up to that, if I hear from anyone on the current list I will schedule accordingly. If not I will wipe the slate clean and start with the ideas we have now. Please feel free to flesh out these ideas either privately or in the thread. I am going to add everything so far to the front under "needs host". Ronald and JTQ, since it looks like you have a specific ideas I'll add those to "upcoming". Get that worked up at your own pace and we'll add it when you are ready.

Last edited:
As I have not heard back from anyone I contacted that is already on the list I am going to go ahead and throw out Fall Battle 2.0 as our next event. We've had some pretty intense events lately so I am going to try to stick to some basics: one track, one car type, one group, one round, scoring by average lap time and driver's choice. Nothing fancy but hopefully interesting, something to keep up activity but in a calmer competition to the great but intense events of late.

For follow up to that, if I hear from anyone on the current list I will schedule accordingly. If not I will wipe the slate clean and start with the ideas we have now. Please feel free to flesh out these ideas either privately or in the thread. I am going to add everything so far to the front under "needs host". Ronald and JTQ, since it looks like you have a specific ideas I'll add those to "upcoming". Get that worked up at your own pace and we'll add it when you are ready.

Love the simplicity idea. For the next few weeks I will only be able to play on weekends so any tuning challenges that start on Friday's is cool.

As for hosting, I would love to host again and use my points system. Race Mod or even LMP cars would be fun. I cannot host until after my SCCA season ends in October. Have two more events, Mid Ohio and Nelson Ledges.

---
I've had the idea to try a "Blue Cobra" shootout. Shelby 427 @ Cote d'Azure. Stock except LSD, tranny, suspension and brake balance.
---
Pretty simple. One car, one track, only "tune" parts allowed. Points will be based on hot lap rank (5pts for 1st place, 4 for 2nd...) and drivers choice (again 5 through 1). One week (friday to friday) for tune submission and one week for testing.

If there are enough entries there will be a second round which will be another two weeks for re-tuning and re-testing between the winners.

Put me on the schedule whenever it fits. 👍

I'd like to change my supercar shootout to 600PP please. And, to anyone prepping/ pre-testing, the Ford GT (no stripe) will not be allowed. When the challenge comes out, I would like to have a list of cars to choose from, with tuner/ tester input on the list too. PM box is open! :)

Evening Tuner's Zuel here also known as GTP_Striker will be available to start testing next week. I'll be willing to test any car or race car modded to a stage 2 in engine and turbo.I found that stage 3 is better for drag or not used at all.

Back