FITT - Moving on to GT6!

• Thread starter DigitalBaka
  • 2,044 comments
Motor City Hami
Probably right on that one. Makes my decision a little easier. Debating about making this 550pp?

DigitalBaka
I don't have any really good objections, however I'll bring up that as we go up in HP and PP it becomes more difficult, however slight, to both tune and drive. I'm not necessarily expecting loads more people to join that haven't been here before and know what to expect, but I think we should at least keep it in the back of our minds. :)

Either way, I'm ready to go! :cheers:

I'm not saying it should be baned, I kinda want to tune it(go figure :dopey: ). I was just pointing it out 👍

How about 532pp? Makes us get creative :dopey:

I don't have any really good objections, however I'll bring up that as we go up in HP and PP it becomes more difficult, however slight, to both tune and drive. I'm not necessarily expecting loads more people to join that haven't been here before and know what to expect, but I think we should at least keep it in the back of our minds. :)

I agree with DB here, personally I've enjoyed the shootouts close to or less than 500PP more in the past, but it's up to you Hami.

I agree with DB here, personally I've enjoyed the shootouts close to or less than 500PP more in the past, but it's up to you Hami.

Good feedback from both of you. I always like to gather everyones opinions then use what fits. About 1/3 of the cars come stock with over 500PP so not much "parts tuning" to do with those cars. At 525PP all cars get to add something; some only add a few parts, some half the available parts and some most of the parts. At 550PP many of the cars will need almost all upgrades, sans aero. So I think 525PP or 535PP might be just about right.

As for the Delorean, I have to stick to the rule of FR only. I too thought it would be fun to tune.

What do you guys think about this car list? The breaks between cars indicate the groupings. Only one tuner per grouping of cars. With this list, we could have 13 tuners enter. I still need to build a few of these to see how their relative performance stacks up. I would leave weight and power limiting up to the tuner (open).

GT5 525PP Tuner Challenge on Sport Soft
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione ‘08
Mazerati Gran Turismo S '08

Aston Martin DB9 Coupe ’06
Aston Martin DB7 Vantage Coupe ’00
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '03
Aston Martin Vanquish '04
Aston Martin V8 Vantage ‘99

BMW M3 Coupe ’07
BMW M5 '08
BMW M5 '05

Camaro SS ’10
Camaro SS ‘00
Camaro Z28 COUPE '97

Challenger SRT8 ‘08

Corvette Zo6 (C5) ’04
Corvette Zo6 (C5) ’00
Corvette Grand Sport (C4) ‘96
Corvette ZR-1 (C4) '90

Ferrari 599 ’06
Ferrari California ‘08

Holden Commodore SS ’04
Holden Monaro CV8 ‘04
Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe ‘04

Infinity G35 Coupe ’06
Lexus ISF ‘07
Lexus SC 300 '97
Lexus GS 300 '00
Lexus SC 430 (US) '01

Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury ’07
Jaguar XKR Coupe '10
Jaguar S-Type R ’02
Jaguar XFR ‘10
Jaguar XKR Coupe '99
Jaguar XKR Performance '02

Mercedes C63 AMG ’08
MercedesSL55 AMG (R230) ’02
Mercedes CLK 55 AMG '00
Mercedes SL 600 (R230) '04
Mercedes SL 600 (R2129) '98

Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium ’07
Mustang GT ‘05
Mustang SVT Cobra R '00

Viper SRT10 Coupe ’06
Viper GTS ’02
Viper GTS ’99
Viper SRT10 ‘03

I like it. Lots of cars there we haven't seen before in shoot outs. I think 525-535 will be excellent too, depending on your performance findings.

As mentioned in the 535PP competition thread, I think I have one more tuning competition in me before GT6 launches. A few things are in my head.

1. VW Golf IV GTI Race Mod '01 - 450PP, racing hard tires, Nurburgring. We could race against each other for pretty much the next month then post our tunes.
2. Mini Cooper Challenge - enter any Mini up to 450PP, comfort soft tires.
3. Miata Challenge - enter any standard version of the Miata between 1989 and 2004 up to 450PP on comfort soft tires.
4. RX-7 challenge at 500PP on sport hard tires.
5. Spoon CR-Z challenge.
6. Honda S800 Race Car maxed on sport soft tires.
7. Delorean challenge.
8. Let Krenmke pick the most obscure car he can come up with.

As mentioned in the 535PP competition thread, I think I have one more tuning competition in me before GT6 launches. A few things are in my head.

1. VW Golf IV GTI Race Mod '01 - 450PP, racing hard tires, Nurburgring. We could race against each other for pretty much the next month then post our tunes.
3. Miata Challenge - enter any standard version of the Miata between 1989 and 2004 up to 450PP on comfort soft tires.
5. Spoon CR-Z challenge.
7. Delorean challenge.

I think no. 8. Just because then no-one will know what to expect.

Minis and the Golf would pique my interest, but I am a FWD freak. Whichever you decide, if you intend on racing them online, with the exception of the race cars, I'd follow CSLACR's Nurb tyre/PP combination. It's entirely possible to run 450PP with CS tyres online, but it'll be difficult for all levels of drivers to push hard...

{Cy}

5. Spoon CR-Z challenge.
7. Delorean challenge.

I like number 8 as well.

For number 1 (RMs), instead of the VW I would be more interested in Lancer vs Subi or Civic vs Integra (all RM'ed of course)

So I've got an MX-5 and an S2000 built for some Ring Hoonery, 450PP on SH tyres, as per our usual online regs. Unless someone wants to prove me different, I don't think you can run these two on the track and expect anything other than S2000 domination. I'll likely be online tonight, seeing if they hold up under race conditions, if anyone fancies joining me.

I'm happy to host a MX-5/Miata only lobby, if there's the interest 👍

{Cy}

So I've got an MX-5 and an S2000 built for some Ring Hoonery, 450PP on SH tyres, as per our usual online regs. Unless someone wants to prove me different, I don't think you can run these two on the track and expect anything other than S2000 domination. I'll likely be online tonight, seeing if they hold up under race conditions, if anyone fancies joining me.

I'm happy to host a MX-5/Miata only lobby, if there's the interest 👍

{Cy}

I would like to check this with you on track, but i think S2000 is a bit faster yes.
The problem is that i've already pack my game. The good thing is that i'll unpack it at home sweet home, after more than 4 monthes working and travelling. Back to Brasil tomorrow.:):):)👍👍👍

We can also give a certain amount of PP for the MX5 after testing both with the parts added but still with stock settings at 450PP.
When one after a few PP more reach the path of the other, with the help of the ghost, then we can begin the tuning session.:)

I also like the number 8 👍:dunce:

I would like to check this with you on track, but i think S2000 is a bit faster yes.
The problem is that i've already pack my game. The good thing is that i'll unpack it at home sweet home, after more than 4 monthes working and travelling. Back to Brasil tomorrow.:):):)👍👍👍

We can also give a certain amount of PP for the MX5 after testing both with the parts added but still with stock settings at 450PP.
When one after a few PP more reach the path of the other, with the help of the ghost, then we can begin the tuning session.:)

Glad you're finally getting to go home and see your family 👍 Can't help thinking I should have caught a flight to Toulouse and met you for a few beers. It would have been cheaper than flying all the way to South America..!!

I'm looking at the car list in the GT5 Matrix and thinking that you could balance Miatas and S2000s by only allowing S2000s to use adjustable parts. They will be under 450PP by a little way, but my 1800 MX-5 is a slow 450PP. Maybe the NC Roadster premium model is faster, with it's bigger engine, I don't know.

Anyway, I'll be hosting a lobby later, anyone is welcome to join. Hope to see you back online in a few days, Praiano, safe journey...

{Cy}

Hi Cy and Praiano ,
I will be with you guys today but what if we make it private room just our friends to keep it save and clean plus pro races .

ND

Hi Cy and Praiano ,
I will be with you guys today but what if we make it private room just our friends to keep it save and clean plus pro races .

ND

It'll be good to have you back online with us, my friend. We can run a private lobby, if there are going to be enough people on. Anyone that fancies joining us, but isn't on my friends list, send me an add (PSN details on the left).

I think it will probably be a regular 450PP SH lobby tonight though, unless enough people turn up for a private lobby 👍

{Cy}

It'll be good to have you back online with us, my friend. We can run a private lobby, if there are going to be enough people on. Anyone that fancies joining us, but isn't on my friends list, send me an add (PSN details on the left).

I think it will probably be a regular 450PP SH lobby tonight though, unless enough people turn up for a private lobby 👍

{Cy}
TODAY WON'T BE POSSIBLE BECAUSE THE MONDAY PARTICIPATE KRBR CHAMPIONSHIP TODAY AND NASCAR LAST STEP BUT IF YOU RACE THE OTHER DAY YOU CAN COUNT ON ME OK:tup:

I think no. 8. Just because then no-one will know what to expect.

I like number 8 as well.....

I don't think all tuners and testers would like run a 2CV around Autumn Ring Mini :lol::dopey:

I like all the Ideas, but if we go with #8, I know of a good car that I feel is overlooked and can run nicely at 450pp. It can be a handful though :dopey:

but if we go with #8, I know of a good car that I feel is overlooked and can run nicely at 450pp. It can be a handful though :dopey:

Oh hell..... :embarrassed::D

I'm game for any of that. Maybe we can get in touch with Famine or T12 and get it put up front a little sooner this time too.

I don't think all tuners and testers would like run a 2CV around Autumn Ring Mini :lol::dopey:

I like all the Ideas, but if we go with #8, I know of a good car that I feel is overlooked and can run nicely at 450pp. It can be a handful though :dopey:

This sound like my first girlfriend's name..... Miss Ginette.:scared: A hairy thing, just like the car.:)👍

6nhy9-AFFICHE_GINETTE_VALERY_show.jpg

65-Ginetta-G4R_DV-08_MH-02.jpg

-Ginetta G4 '64 // 94 HP / 454Kg / 4,75Kg/HP (450 PP)
-Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66// 218HP / 854Kg / 3,84Kg/HP (441 PP)
-TOYOTA 2000GT '67 245hp / 953kG / 3,83kG/hp (450 pp)
-MAZDA 110S (L10A) '67 230HP / 846Kg / 3,61Kg/HP (450 PP)

which of these cars with the same (450 PP) would have a better chance in a race?
because the car of Ginetta G4 ' 64 with the same (450PP) not have (power/weight ratio) equivalent to other cars in my point of view the weight of a car by virtue of (PP) is not correct. my opinion:tup::banghead:

Praiano and I were talking about teaming up to break down the GT6 physics. I was thinking that we could organize testing for the entire community. Can we make this a FITT activity? If so, I can start a thread for it. I have already started on a write up.

WHICH RECORDING

Back