FITT - Moving on to GT6!

• Thread starter DigitalBaka
  • 2,044 comments
Hey DigitalBaka, I may be jumping the gun here but any thoughts on bringing F.I.T.T. over to GT6.
So, I've been away a bit :embarrassed: but I think we should definitely more this over to GT6. I will check in with the admins and see when would be a good time to do that. I think we'll create a new thread rather than trying to move this one over. A fresh start would be good I think.

I suppose I should make my way over to the GT6 forum some time. I've been avoiding it so I don't get too hyped but I got my pre-order in at GameStop the other day so...

So, I've been away a bit :embarrassed: but I think we should definitely more this over to GT6. I will check in with the admins and see when would be a good time to do that. I think we'll create a new thread rather than trying to move this one over. A fresh start would be good I think.

I suppose I should make my way over to the GT6 forum some time. I've been avoiding it so I don't get too hyped but I got my pre-order in at GameStop the other day so...
Great to hear DB looking forward to GT6 even more. I have my preorder in at Gamestop also. Can't wait to get my hands on those smurf colored bonus cars.:crazy:

So I had a quick back and forth with Jordan and it looks like he is planning to put up GT6 subforums some time in the next week or so. I will work on getting things cleaned up but a couple things:
  • Krenkme, I'll make sure we reuse the current pictures but if the Princesses would like to make some newer ones that might be cool.:cool:
  • ACS, are you planning to keep the rest and tune lobby going with GT6?
  • Cy, let's you and me and maybe a couple others work out how we can continue the ticket repository.
I'm also going to look at how we might be able to get 3+ PSN IDs to use for sharing of event cars. The WRS guys already use a similar system so I'll ask the admins how they manage it.

Anything else we should look at now?

I don't know if I ever asked to be an official member of FITT. I have been involved, but I would like to be official in GT6., if you'll have me. Will I have to learn the secret hand shake first?

I don't know if I ever asked to be an official member of FITT. I have been involved, but I would like to be official in GT6., if you'll have me. Will I have to learn the secret hand shake first?

I'm sure you'll be more then welcome to the FITT family (pretty sure you're one already). As far as the secret hand shake.. Are you double jointed? :dopey:

So are we waiting for the GT6 subforum to start gabbing about the first tuning comp of GT6?

I was thinking we should have some kind of collaboration to kick it off, maybe vote for the tracks/cars/regulations, etc. A big GT6 tuning kick-off sounds awesome to me.

So are we waiting for the GT6 subforum to start gabbing about the first tuning comp of GT6?

I was thinking we should have some kind of collaboration to kick it off, maybe vote for the tracks/cars/regulations, etc. A big GT6 tuning kick-off sounds awesome to me.

I have starting writing a FITT thread. Heard that Jordan will be making the sub forums sometime this week. I plan to post the thread as soon as it is open.

Not sure that you will get everyone to agree to one set of parameters. There are too many cool tracks and cars to force everyone to tune just one. Plus, what if the one selected car at that one selected track is the just right combination together or the just wrong combination together and it skews the results? Sadly, I think we are on a one year trek again to figure out the new physics. Let's just hope that they got them more right this time and we won't have six physics adjustments in future game updates.

Maybe we can (at least the FITT members) agree on a similar way to approach testing and reporting results. If we report results in the same way, we could start capturing test results into a database for analysis. Thoughts?

• ACS, are you planning to keep the rest and tune lobby going with GT6?

• Of course but first I'll have to see how the online aspect of GT6 is handled. I may get rid of that account name and start fresh with a properly named FITT Test n Tune lobby. Also we may even be able to setup future FITT events by having tuners/organizers work through the details together in a realtime online setting.

I have starting writing a FITT thread. Heard that Jordan will be making the sub forums sometime this week. I plan to post the thread as soon as it is open.

Not sure that you will get everyone to agree to one set of parameters. There are too many cool tracks and cars to force everyone to tune just one. Plus, what if the one selected car at that one selected track is the just right combination together or the just wrong combination together and it skews the results? Sadly, I think we are on a one year trek again to figure out the new physics. Let's just hope that they got them more right this time and we won't have six physics adjustments in future game updates.

Maybe we can (at least the FITT members) agree on a similar way to approach testing and reporting results. If we report results in the same way, we could start capturing test results into a database for analysis. Thoughts?
You may be right, or there may be ways around it, we'll have to see I guess. Hopefully that new sub forum is up soon though. :)

Personally I like the allure of having a shootout where everybody is new to the game though. Never know what could happen... :scared: :D

@CSLACR I'm in for a December Shootout and @Motor City Hami I'll do what I can to help with figuring the game out. @DigitalBaka Hopefully there will still be tickets or similar that we can organise as prizes and a way to gift them. Provided there is, I'm happy to reprise my role as a repository 👍

Apologies to my online brethren, I'll try to get on tonight. The end of the year is nearing and everyone is starting to run around like headless chickens at work. It requires a fair amount of effort on my part to quell the panic :sly:

{Cy}

Going off of @CSLACR 's idea I imagine folks will be wanting to know what is good at certain PP (or whatever we are using now) or for different drivetrains. I would also think finding cars that are good for seasonals would high on the to-do list.

We could start with something like that. A no duplicate event at x level or for x layout. Probably starting at a lower performance level like your run of the mill sports cars, tuner cars, pony/muscle cars, etc...something that would be equal to todays 4-500PP range.

I would like to use a track that is not in GT5 since we've all done them to death and having something new to learn and look at would be nice. Bathurst maybe? How long is that track? I am partial to SSR11 but that might be too long.

The first thing I am going to do in GT6, after blowing through a few races with a favorite car, will be to check out the multiplayer/league/championship organization we are supposed to be getting. If there is a way to organize the events through that tool it could make things much easier. If not I'll create some extra accounts and give access to a few regular folk so we can share cars easier.

I think Bathurst will be the foremost favorite. It is a high speed track semi-similar in nature to a mix of Spa and the Nurburgring imo. Probably better suited for faster cars rather than slower. I believe it's quite long. (very long straights involved)

I like Brands Hatch and Willow Springs, though Willow is another fast track. (short version coming via dlc I believe) Not too familiar with the rest though.

The first thing I'm going to do in GT6, is feverishly acquire (money) GT500's and learn the online restriction capabilities. :)

Unless I'm mistaken the PP system will still be in place,(in GT6) it's just a question of if it's changed, right?

Oo, forgot about Brands Hatch. That could be good. I agree that Willow would be better suited for faster cars. Guys well see what we have to choose from.

I may have to join a newbie league for GT6. been watching the PURE races on Tidgney's YouTube channel and I find myself wanting to have a run. :dopey:

So many good new tracks to choose from. I think my personal favourite is going to end up being Ascari partly because it's not crowded with grandstands and other viewblocks. I think the layout is awesome and will promote some good racing and it looks like it'll be challenging to find the right lines through many of the corners.

Hey FITT members, can you help me? I trying to find a tune for gtr '07 on nordschleife but so far no luck. I'm driving a TT for some competition and the car is maxxed out with 850bhp and 1141kg.....I was able to find tunes for stock car only....

Hey might I suggest a "Budget" shootout for our first GT6 event?
If it's anything like GT5 was money may be tight for a lot of guys the first few weeks after release. Choosing and tuning cars on a limited budget would allow more people to get involved if they haven't been able to amass a large bankroll and high enough level for all the cars.
Oh and yes I'm in as a tuner for whatever the first GT6 FITT event is! XMass came early for me and I just placed my pre-order with Gamestop today.:D

Hey FITT members, can you help me? I trying to find a tune for gtr '07 on nordschleife but so far no luck. I'm driving a TT for some competition and the car is maxxed out with 850bhp and 1141kg.....I was able to find tunes for stock car only....
Best place to look is always Adrenaline's site, stickied at the top of the tuning forum.

https://sites.google.com/site/gt5tune/main

A quick search revealed a handful of tunes available. Praiano has one that looks a couple years old but may still work.

If it's anything like GT5 was money may be tight for a lot of guys the first few weeks after release. Choosing and tuning cars on a limited budget would allow more people to get involved if they haven't been able to amass a large bankroll and high enough level for all the cars.
Oh and yes I'm in as a tuner for whatever the first GT6 FITT event is! XMass came early for me and I just placed my pre-order with Gamestop today.:D

Welcome back Harvy 👍!!!

I think that is a good way to start, if we're going to have an early shoot out. Not all of us will have the Cr... Or the game :ill: on day one :dopey:

OL' MAN! YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!

Also, the pre-order games have 1 million cr to start with, right? If so…cars and drinks on you? :D

OL' MAN! YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!

Also, the pre-order games have 1 million cr to start with, right? If so…cars and drinks on you? :D
Haven't a clue what I'm getting from Gamestop besides the basic game.
Guy at the store didn't know what pre-order bonus was.
GS web site seems to indicate a bunch of bonus cars, but I've seen conflicting reports on what/how many you actually get. Also unclear if the codes will put them in your garage or just make them available for purchase when you meet the level requirements. As for extra starting cash think it's an Amazon deal, but again very unclear about that.

Anyways looking forward to seeing what GT6 has to offer us. Hopefully won't just feel like a slightly updated GT5. :drool:

Haven't a clue what I'm getting from Gamestop besides the basic game.
Guy at the store didn't know what pre-order bonus was.
GS web site seems to indicate a bunch of bonus cars, but I've seen conflicting reports on what/how many you actually get. Also unclear if the codes will put them in your garage or just make them available for purchase when you meet the level requirements. As for extra starting cash think it's an Amazon deal, but again very unclear about that.

Anyways looking forward to seeing what GT6 has to offer us. Hopefully won't just feel like a slightly updated GT5. :drool:
25 cars and a million dollars. Some paints and stuff too. :) Pre-ordered mine 2 days ago as well.
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/gran-turismo-6/109528#bonusFeatures
It says the Anniversary Edition has all the extras of everything.

Last edited:
I think Bathurst will be the foremost favorite. It is a high speed track semi-similar in nature to a mix of Spa and the Nurburgring imo. Probably better suited for faster cars rather than slower. I believe it's quite long. (very long straights involved)

I like Brands Hatch and Willow Springs, though Willow is another fast track. (short version coming via dlc I believe) Not too familiar with the rest though.

The first thing I'm going to do in GT6, is feverishly acquire (money) GT500's and learn the online restriction capabilities. :)

Unless I'm mistaken the PP system will still be in place,(in GT6) it's just a question of if it's changed, right?

Bathurst has two straights, the first is just over 1100 metres going into up and down hill sections, the second is 1900 metres metre's, lap times for the Ford and Holden v8's are around 2.08 minutes , nudging 300 kph.

Last edited:
Bathurst has two straights, the first is just over 1100 metres going into up and down hill sections, the second is 1900 metres metre's, lap times for the Ford and Holden v8's are around 2.08 minutes , nudging 300 kph.
It look really great, i think i'll spend a long time there.
999330-bathurst-track.jpg

Back