FITT Nurburgring Nordschleife Shootout v2.0

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 777 comments
Thanks to V2:10 my Altezza actually has more power now at 450PP than when I tuned it for 500PP. Only using 98.1% power limiter at 450PP so HP is up to 310 from 300.:crazy:

Hmm, 98% is not much power limiting. Maybe my idea was not so great then. :dunce:

Sign me up for the 450PP group, I think I already have my weapon of mass dysfunction...

{Cy}

PS - I may have a crack at 550PP, let me have a tinker with a few cars. 550PP is the new 600PP, so I might stand a chance at putting together something drivable...

Last edited:
Sign me up for both please, been waiting for a shootout like this to get back into GT5.

Tuna of course :).

I think we have to make a "race car" and "non race car" categorie.
At least for 550PP, if not it will be very unfair for road cars.
I already have 550PP race cars at 6'38 - 6'42... No road cars will go there for sure with sport soft tires.

So???? What can we do about this??

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°

My thought would be that we could easily have a class for race and road cars in each category, sort of like having LMP1/LMP2, GT1/GT2, etc. Obviously you'd still want to keep it at one tune for 450 and one for 550 from each tuner just so we don't have a billion tunes to run through. Whether they go for a race or road car is up to the individual.

In administrative news, the thread is now linked up in the FITT current events post. 👍

EDIT: Tweaked to fit the regs, any reason I couldn't enter a car tuned from a previous shootout?

Last edited:
I think we have to make a "race car" and "non race car" categorie.
At least for 550PP, if not it will be very unfair for road cars.
I already have 550PP race cars at 6'38 - 6'42... No road cars will go there for sure with sport soft tires.

So???? What can we do about this??

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°

While I agree on the separation of the classes, it could lead to an overwhelming amount of test driving being necessary. I'd suggest keeping the regs the same and just eliminating the racecars and maybe running them in separate contest later. Isn't most Ring racing in street cars anyway?

While I agree on the separation of the classes, it could lead to an overwhelming amount of test driving being necessary. I'd suggest keeping the regs the same and just eliminating the racecars and maybe running them in separate contest later. Isn't most Ring racing in street cars anyway?

I agree with this I think. CSLACR, down to you really.

I'm in! Let me just double check the details. I make either pp or do I have to make both? Also this is literally any car I want that fits the pp? Finally the course is the 24hr one guessing by the picture?

I'm in! Let me just double check the details. I make either pp or do I have to make both? Also this is literally any car I want that fits the pp? Finally the course is the 24hr one guessing by the picture?
You can enter either or both PP classes.
Currently yes any car that meets the PP limits is eligible.
No it's the Nordschleife track not the 24H layout, Dom just used the handiest map available when creating the OP.

OP's image is fixed now. Still not exactly our layout but I want a decent looking map and this is what Google found me. :lol:

Contemplating the race/tuner cars angle...
Whether it's 4 separate classes with a limit of 2 entries, or 2 classes with a limit of 2 entries, tester burden is the same. Effectively less, as a tester may choose any 1 class to test or as many as they desire.

How about keeping just the two classes and mandating no adjustable front aero?
You guys know more about these extreme cars/cases than I, so please do speak up with thoughts. 👍

OP's image is fixed now. Still not exactly our layout but I want a decent looking map and this is what Google found me. :lol:

Contemplating the race/tuner cars angle...
Whether it's 4 separate classes with a limit of 2 entries, or 2 classes with a limit of 2 entries, tester burden is the same. Effectively less, as a tester may choose any 1 class to test or as many as they desire.

How about keeping just the two classes and mandating no adjustable front aero?
You guys know more about these extreme cars/cases than I, so please do speak up with thoughts. 👍
The race cars grip and corner much faster than road cars do. Even road cars with adjustable front aero don't seem to have the same level of grip that the race cars do.
Would suggest that Race Cars be excluded from this event and given their own event at a future time.

The race cars grip and corner much faster than road cars do. Even road cars with adjustable front aero don't seem to have the same level of grip that the race cars do.
Would suggest that Race Cars be excluded from this event and given their own event at a future time.

Seconded.

Good 'nuff.

Road cars only, (no tuner or race cars) no adjustable front aero, maximum front aero 20.
Before I add it to the OP does that cover it?

Agree for no race cars too this time.
Front downforce 550 or 600pp cars didn't benefit extra PP from 2.10. from what i saw till now.
The option will be good well know 550 road cars or new boosted flying UK or USA fast cars over poor grip. Difficult choice.

Ok I like the new rules more. Sometimes I want to be in these events but I read the description and it's so complicated I need to get my lawyers to make sure I'm not breaking anything lol. Simple one are so much easier and just as fun.

So final clarify so I get this right it is two classes. You can enter both or just one. Anything goes as long as you hit the pp. Max 20 rear downforce however and normal cars only.

As for testers it's rated on fastest times. Average from all testers is what the final time per car will be. Fastest time wins. I am assuming there will be no overall winner since not everyone will be in each class. So only one winner per class.

Just a random thought, what if we put a dent in the core of any car that exceed's any other(the second fastest or average) by a specified amount of time?

Example 1: Fastest car is 3.5 seconds a lap faster than the second fastest car.(Car, not tune)
Example 2: Fastest car is 20 seconds faster than the average car in the shootout.

Just a random idea generated...

Ok I like the new rules more. Sometimes I want to be in these events but I read the description and it's so complicated I need to get my lawyers to make sure I'm not breaking anything lol. Simple one are so much easier and just as fun.

So final clarify so I get this right it is two classes. You can enter both or just one. Anything goes as long as you hit the pp. Max 20 rear downforce however and normal cars only.

As for testers it's rated on fastest times. Average from all testers is what the final time per car will be. Fastest time wins. I am assuming there will be no overall winner since not everyone will be in each class. So only one winner per class.
The scoring system probably sounds more complicated than it is, and it sounds like you prefer simple, so the simple definition:
Lap time is 90% of your score, DC is 10%.

Testers will PM their DC ratings and feedback(Please) for each car to me, and they'll be released at the end of the shootout together.
Testers can post times as soon as they desire, of course. (we need something to look at)
I'd like to try feedback without knowing anyone's feedback, so let's test naked.(literally if you want, but I won't be :P )

@Dom your a cruel man making us poor tuners wait until the very end to hear our feedback.:crazy::lol:

Updated/Added this, updating the driver/tuner list atm.

Shootout Specific Rules:
1. Testers must PM CSLACR a DC rating and feedback for every car/tune in the class they test.(one line basically describing the cars handling is enough if you find it difficult to express)
2. Testers may not publicly share DC ratings or feedback, it will all be released simultaniously. (I'll have to hold a gentleman's agreement that I won't view the ratings or feedback until testing is completed)

Scoring:
We'll be using a modifed version of MCH's scoring system mostly altered by JohnnyPenso, which is 90% of the scoring based on lap time, and 10% based on drivers choice. And a small extortion from me. :dopey: I think it'll work nicely.
How it works:
The car with the fastest average lap by testers gets 100 points in scoring for lap time. Every car slower scores the percentage they are slower than the fastest. A car with the average lap of 103%(3% longer) of the fastest time, scores 97% of the points.(97) This lap time score is multiplied by 0.9, to make it 90% of the scoring.
DC - Drivers Choice: A scale of 1-10. 1-2 you would never put on your car for any reason, 3-4 would be a chore, 5-6 can still make you sick, (only sometimes) and 7-8 can almost feel great, but 9's and 10's are great from finish to end.
Testers - Keep in mind, the only way this works better than 1-5 is if testers give out 1's, 2's, 3, 4's, 6's, 9's,(as honest and fitting, if the worst car is still decent and deserves a 5, give it a 5) etc, etc.
DC points are added to the lap score for a grand total score. If your average DC rating is 9, and you lap time is 99% as fast as the fastest, you score 98.1 points.

My thought would be that we could easily have a class for race and road cars in each category, sort of like having LMP1/LMP2, GT1/GT2, etc. Obviously you'd still want to keep it at one tune for 450 and one for 550 from each tuner just so we don't have a billion tunes to run through. Whether they go for a race or road car is up to the individual.

In administrative news, the thread is now linked up in the FITT current events post. 👍

EDIT: Tweaked to fit the regs, any reason I couldn't enter a car tuned from a previous shootout?
You can enter any tune you want.(within the rules/regs of course) 👍

Last edited:
Driver/Tuner list updated
If you're not in the OP as a tuner or tester and want to be, or in the wrong spot, let me know. :cheers:

Sound good :) i take it that prototype road car are allowed as long as the dont exceed 20 front downforce.

Sound good :) i take it that prototype road car are allowed as long as the dont exceed 20 front downforce.

That's good, means I can try my 550PP Viper GTS-R Concept on the 'Ring……not sure if it can keep pace, but whatever. :lol:

450PP…I'm thinking of a 400+hp S14, just for the fun of it. Or maybe I should start taking things seriously now and go with something a bit less nose-heavy. Though I can sort that out with ballast……hmm…not sure now. Gonna need to run some tests, however tiresome it can be on the 'ring.

An…Altezza street car? :lol:
The non race car Altezza/IS200 now has a max of 423PP.:drool:
There are much faster 450PP cars than they are, now at 400PP they would probably be in the mix.

Back