FITT Nurburgring Nordschleife Shootout v2.0

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 777 comments
Having read the new rules and such, count me in to tune and test everything. :D May as well come back all in, eh? I will tweak something old for 550 and come up with something new for 450. Think I may be going FF. :eek:

That's good, means I can try my 550PP Viper GTS-R Concept on the 'Ring……not sure if it can keep pace, but whatever. :lol:

Handling wise it's a beaut' but it was a few seconds back in that class, before the update anyway. But it sounds awesome and is very smooth. If it's gotten a boost from the update....💡

Maybe I'll put my C4 ZR1 for 450PP :sly: instead my Silvia Touge car, and use another British FR for 550PP, instead my R33 GTR Hosaka.

Almost forgot my IROC Camaro from past shootout, should be interesting for 450PP :)

Last edited:
Handling wise it's a beaut' but it was a few seconds back in that class, before the update anyway. But it sounds awesome and is very smooth. If it's gotten a boost from the update....💡

Well, every car I've driven is around a second or so quicker even without any PP drops (my Impreza slashed 1+ second off its previous best lap, and that old time was already hard to improve on). Sadly, the Vipers didn't get much PP slashed off, if at all.

Edit: Going to try and run a 835hp C63 for the fun of it. :lol:

Last edited:
I'm in for 450PP, got a tune pretty much up and running now. It's a Jaaaaaaaaaaaaag... :dopey:

What sort of times are people running? I did an 8:00:9xx with a spin and a few grinds on the armco... :lol:

Realization hit after I pounded some pavement with my Scirocco...stupid DLC. :grumpy: Back to the drawing board.

Edit: Going to try and run a 835hp C63 for the fun of it. :lol:

Death in a can...with a propeller! :scared:

I'm in for 450PP, got a tune pretty much up and running now. It's a Jaaaaaaaaaaaaag... :dopey:

What sort of times are people running? I did an 8:00:9xx with a spin and a few grinds on the armco... :lol:
Limited testing so far...have done a 7:58.xxx in a Crossfire on a sloppy lap.
Praiano has done more cars and has several in the 7:38-39 range with his better driving. He also says he has a mystery street car that he did a 7:29 in on his first try...:crazy::drool:

Limited testing so far...have done a 7:58.xxx in a Crossfire on a sloppy lap.
Praiano has done more cars and has several in the 7:38-39 range with his better driving. He also says he has a mystery street car that he did a 7:29 in on his first try...:crazy::drool:

Was that still 450PP?! :crazy:

Was that still 450PP?! :crazy:
Yes thanks to the V2:10 update.
Part of the reason we talked Dom out of allowing race cars...My Altezza from the 500PP Race Car shootout gained 10HP at 450PP after update and with no changes except gears and tires I ran a 7:42.xxx. Figure if I had tuned it specifically for the ring guys like Mike, Dom and Praiano would have gotten it into the teens.:crazy:

Started to do a list of the cars for 450pp, i have 25 cars to test for 450pp only :scared:

So was looking through my favorites list to see what I had that benefited from V2.10 to try out for this...found an interesting car and made adjustments to bring it up to 450PP.
Headed for the ring to test it and was shocked by its straight line speed...had to keep adjusting the final so it wouldn't bounce off the rev limiter. Then I tried to do a lap...can someone please call life flight? I've been horribly mangled in an 450PP 80s Japanese shoebox and need immediate assistance!:crazy::lol:

^:lol: 80's Japanese cars sounds cool, I might adapt my Touge tune to one of those turbo era FR cars, at 450PP, it would be HP little monsters.

Can I be a 450 PP tuner, I have a great tune for what used to be a 500 PP FR car, but got its PP Neutered
if_you_know_what_i_mean_mr_bea.jpg

:sly:

^:lol: 80's Japanese cars sounds cool, I might adapt my Touge tune to one of those turbo era FR cars, at 450PP, it would be HP little monsters.
Added an ugly wing to an already ugly car, maxed downforce added some extra ballast and some power limiting...the car still hits 165mph before Flugplatz and 175+mph on the long straight.:scared:
Pretty sure if I can get the tune dialed in and keep it on track that it would be much faster than my Crossfire, but man is it scary...has me worried about what I'm going to do for the 550 class.:drool::nervous:
The Altezza TC was so easy to drive that I think it spoiled me.:lol:

Lemme guess, it's that Silvia 240RS thing, right? 425hp and 900-odd kg, you're pretty much driving a stick of dynamite. :lol:

Lemme guess, it's that Silvia 240RS thing, right? 425hp and 900-odd kg, you're pretty much driving a stick of dynamite. :lol:
Right car but only had 395HP before the wing.:crazy:
Now down to around 378 or so I think. Weight is up to 933kg now since I had to add some ballast or use a lot more power limiter than I wanted to.:drool:

270R ..... stupid car is stupid ..... Nissan did very well out of the 2.10 update, perhaps unsurprisingly...

{Cy}

NISMO Fairlady S Tune or Z Tune could be a real contender, or the R32 S tune or R34 GTR R tune or a 400R :D Interesting cars to tune for Nordschleife.

Nismo's don't meet the regulations. Believe they are considered tuner cars...:drool:

I think Nismo is a manufacturer tuned cars, they came with warranty straight from the factory just like mass production models, a bit of grey area there :D

I think Nismo is a manufacturer tuned cars, they came with warranty straight from the factory just like mass production models, a bit of grey area there :D
I know in past events factory tuners like Nismo have been considered the same as the aftermarket tuners...of course CSLACR has final say in what qualifies and what doesn't.

That said I'm sure we'll be seeing a variety of surprising cars that all will totally destroy the marks set by the best of the pre V2.10 cars.:crazy:

I am curious to what CSLACR gotta say, cars like Viper ACR, Lambo Murcie Super Veloce, F430 Scuderia can also be considered manufacturer tuned cars as they have modified/tuned parts and specially tuned by the factory, carries factory warranty and limited in numbers. Of course, just my opinion :)

Is that one of the Nismo creations? I fear my Jaaaag might well be outpaced here. :lol:

Yup. At 450PP, it's hilarious. It was quite good pre-2.10, now it's beyond daft. Just waiting for someone to tame it. I'll keep plugging away at it, but won't be submitting it here. I saw Onboy on last night, he was driving a Silvia that had ridiculous pace at only 424PP. If someone puts together a decent heavyweight car, then we could see an end to the dominance of the lightweight MR. It's going to be an interesting contest, f'o'shizzle...

{Cy}

@Cy V2.10 has already killed the dominance of lightweight MRs in PP racing...this isn't about showing they're dead but about how big the rock is that they're buried under.:crazy:

Pre update my best 450PP time on SH tires was in a Hommell Berlinette RS at 8:17.xxx. My Crossfire ran a 7:58.xxx. That's nearly 20 seconds off my own personal best and I seriously doubt the Crossfire will be even close to the fastest of the cars we'll find in this event.:crazy:

Yup. At 450PP, it's hilarious. It was quite good pre-2.10, now it's beyond daft. Just waiting for someone to tame it. I'll keep plugging away at it, but won't be submitting it here. I saw Onboy on last night, he was driving a Silvia that had ridiculous pace at only 424PP. If someone puts together a decent heavyweight car, then we could see an end to the dominance of the lightweight MR. It's going to be an interesting contest, f'o'shizzle...

{Cy}

It's not 424PP, it's 424HP. :lol:

Hmmm…maybe I should use that Chaser. :lol: 470hp, 1.5 tons, no pull until 100+mph and only from 500rpm off the redline. :lol:

Back