Formula B-Spec Season 2 Finished - optiongamers champ

• Thread starter Earth
  • 787 comments

Add weight distribution as a setup option starting with race #2?

• Yes

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can someone test and send me photos of an unfinished version of my template? I wanna know if i'm putting things in the right places.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/glfrf89a2q2g4jq/Formula_carbody.psd

I won't be able to do screenshots for a little while now, but all looks ok from memory. Maybe @optiongamers or @RACECAR could help you out sooner?

Why wasn't I told this was back already?

You were tagged in the OP by Earth, can't do more than that!

What are layers 1, 24, 26 and the white background there for? I don't want to delete something important.
All that matters is what the overall image looks like, as long as one of those layers is visible to create a base colour for your car then don't worry about the others.

I've missed a number of thread updates where the "watch thread" alert has failed. Given how quoting and tagging are specific alerts to that person, I thought they were a safe bet...

@DCybertron

Untitled_1.jpg

Untitled_2.jpg

Untitled_3.jpg

Untitled_4.jpg

Untitled_5.jpg

Will be using Honda power this time around. Hopefully I can get a template up soon-ish. Still Team Hot Wheels and still #6, so the livery won't change too much.

Season 2 will feature pit stop strategies

You can choose between either 1 stop or 2 stops.

2 stop cars start the race with enough fuel to make it to the 1/3 distance, where they pit and put in enough fuel to make it to the 2/3 distance, where they pit again and put in enough fuel to make it to the end. So they are faster then 1 stop cars because they're carrying less fuel but they have to pit one more time. Also their tires are always fresh.

1 stop cars start the race with enough fuel to make it to the halfway point where they make their only pitstop. Because they start the race with more fuel and take on more fuel at their first pitstop they are slower then 2 stop cars but pit one less time.

1 stop cars have to go longer on their tires, but this only affects them at the end of the race. While they may be on older tires then 2 stop cars heading into their first pitstop, they will be carrying much less fuel then 2 stop cars at that point in time which will make up for their old tires. However at the end of the race when both strategies are at similar fuel levels, 2 stop cars will have fresher tires and a speed advantage.

Which strategy is ideal depends on a number of variables

Entry List so Far

1. optiongamers (Ferrari)
  2. BKGlover (TBA)
  3. pezzarinho17 (Honda)
  4. DCybertron (Porsche)
  5. RACECAR (TBA)
  6. aarror (Ferrari)
  7. Peasantslayer (Honda)
  8. goofytyler (TBA)
  9. Gerarghini (Honda)
  10. MadFlavour (Honda)
  11. Jahgee1124 (Porsche)
  12. Earth (Porsche)
  13. empty
  14. empty
  15. empty
  16. empty
  17. empty
  18. empty
  19. empty
  20. empty
  21. empty
  22. empty

Two more questions, then I should be good to go on the paint. 1) What is the reflection layer good for? and 2) Why does it have a wood plank?

Two more questions, then I should be good to go on the paint. 1) What is the reflection layer good for? and 2) Why does it have a wood plank?
1. If you don't want to play with Alpha channel, it simulates lighter areas of bodywork.
2. Roll the car!

I would've thought you'd at least either ask me since I did yours this past season, Earth or optiongamers.

I'll go with Ferrari engine because:
Red is my favourite colour;
I love the sound;
I'm from Portugal.

I already have the PSD file. Can it be done as a image in PAINT.NET?

I'll go with Ferrari engine because:
Red is my favourite colour;
I love the sound;
I'm from Portugal.

I already have the PSD file. Can it be done as a image in PAINT.NET?

You could but you might need a PSD plugin file and if that dose not work then get gimp it's a free photoshop like program.

Back