Formula Gran Turismo World Chanpionship - Winning Setup For You :)

• Thread starter Sirtokealot
  • 148 comments
By the way, this goes against the grain for real world cars brakes which have approx. 70% of their stopping power up front. I'm not sure why it works in the game, just that it does, for me at least. If anyone else can confirm/deny proof that this is correct feel free to reply.

I agree with this. On all MR and RR cars, I use more bias toward the rear and it helps GREATLY!

By the way, this goes against the grain for real world cars brakes which have approx. 70% of their stopping power up front. I'm not sure why it works in the game, just that it does, for me at least. If anyone else can confirm/deny proof that this is correct feel free to reply.

I personally disagree with this. I think most people just use the rear break bias to over come a tight in problem that could be over come with out throwing the breaks off balance.

I personally disagree with this. I think most people just use the rear break bias to over come a tight in problem that could be over come with out throwing the breaks off balance.

I think people look at the gran turismo braking scale in the wrong perspective. This is how I see it:

• 1 = 20%
  • 2 = 40 %
  • 3 = 60 %
  • 4 = 80 %
  • 5 = 100 %
  • 6 = 120 %
  • 7 = 140 %
  • 8 = 160 %
  • 9 = 180 %
  • 10 = 200 %
So if the car naturally has stronger bias on the front, bigger rotors and more pistons in the caliber, then it reflects this when the brake controller is set at 5/5. You're not adjusting the ratio of braking front to rear; rather, the adjustments affect the stopping power proportional to the strength of the brake setup on a particular end of the car. This is at least how I view it and why I don't normally deviate from the 5/5 setup myself.

Much props to the OP for compiling information.
Even if I have to tweak it for my driving style, it'll be incredibly awesome to have a great starting point!
I wish I had it for my B-Spec Bobs to make their life easier.
I can't wait to give it a go in A-Spec over the weekend!
Peace...

Thanks to everyone who's posted setup info. It's been really helpful.

But, tbh, I'm not sure why but there's almost no setups that include setting camber to realistic degrees. My Bob is level 24 and he got the same set as mine from A-Spec - F8/R7 with Toe of F75/R35 (rest of setup as per the guides I'm this thread) except the camber

Not sure about the last anything other than the first races in B-Spec but having such high camber and toe-in got me to first at Fuji in two laps (after I made it to first I set auto pitstop to 30% then went to bed for the night. The camber adjustments made the car so much easier to turn in for A-Spec and, whether it's as result of the settings or not, my Bob could outbrake from 3-4 lengths back

Since the network is down this weekend I thought I'd tackle this race. Just finished the first leg at Fuji, using Sirtokealot's setup I gleaned from Quoctran's post #61.

Took about 8 laps to get the lead with a hot headed level 24 Bob, bit of massaging to hold onto the lead as he kept slowing down, then realized about lap 15 I would have to pit for fuel, although the tires might barely make it. So I pushed Bob hard for a few laps and built up a 20 second or so lead and pitted on lap 22. Came out in 4th and terrorized the field for about 3 laps, back in first, never looked back. They all pitted in the late laps, I won by almost a full minute, lapped 5 cars in the process.

Pit early and push hard and it should be a piece of cake with a high enough level Bob.

My LSD settings were 10/25/20 and I took first and second gear and moved them all the way to the left and third and fourth I adjusted to be in between 2nd and fifth evenly.

Round 2 at Indy was a carbon copy of the first race. Pushed him hard laps 17-22 after maintaining a small lead, built up a 30 second advantage, pitted and came out in 5th, back in first within 2 laps, won by more than 45 seconds and lapped 7 cars. Left tranny settings same as in the first race which was a bit high for Indy but doesn't make much of a difference I don't think.

Race 3 at Monaco done. Changed brakes back to 5/5 and it works like a charm. Took lead after 7 or 8 laps, checked up on Bob every few laps to up his pace to maintain a comfortable 4-8 second lead, realized halfway that neither tire wear nor fuel would be an issue, so just let him cruise until 5 laps or so from the end when I let him loose. Ended up lapping 2 cars and winning by a comfortable 30 seconds. Afterwards Bob said, "Johnny, you've got to get me some better competition, I could beat these guys in a go kart". Starting to see Bob's point of view...

Race 4 at Nurb GP/F was a carbon copy of the first two. Few laps to take the lead, cruise control for a few laps, determined he may not make it without a splash and go fuel stop, pushed him hard for a few laps, pitted past halfway for tires and a few litres of fuel, came out in third, smoked them from then on to win by 30+ seconds lapping I believe 4 cars in the process.

Race 5 from Monza was textbook again. Early lead, turned him loose around halfway, stopped for fuel and tires around 2/3, smoked the field the rest of the way. Won going away with a 50 second lead and lapping 7 drivers. Don't need to run the last race but I will for the experience for Bob. His mood has improved dramatically in this series going from near suicidal depression to a blue up arrow. He's so happy, he actually went three wide in the last corner, lap 1, to overtake 2 guys!! He's actually going to buy the first round for a change after the series is over!!

By the finale at Suzuka Bob was getting tired of fooling around with "these knuckleheads" as he put it. Before the race he winked at me and said, "Balls to the wall man, let's show them what we can do!". Bob proceeded to destroy the entire field by a lap and a half, lapping one hapless competitor twice. Afterwards, climbing into his Lada as he prepared to leave the track and go home, Bob said, "Michael Schumacher can lick my hairy, sweaty, stinky [deleted}"

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the Sirtokealot setups valid for easy win in A-Spec also?.

I used his transmission settings they are spot on. The only other tuning I recommend MAX down force, IMO you don't need to tune anything else to win. Good luck!

I used his transmission settings they are spot on. The only other tuning I recommend MAX down force, IMO you don't need to tune anything else to win. Good luck!
Thanks. I will try it when PSN is restored and to buy the car is able again.

Wanted to see if a tune was needed, and no not really. may help get ahead quicker. my results were about the same as the rest that ive read on the forums.

lvl 26 bob
race soft tires
full downforce
stock trans settings

each race about 50 min
1st time through

Just a tip after doing this and having to restart from the beginning guys :(
Make sure you pit Bob halfway thru the race, in that case he doesn't have to stop on the final lap and come last :(

Make sure you pit Bob halfway thru the race, in that case he doesn't have to stop on the final lap and come last :(

Or better yet, cancel any penultimate lap pit-ins. You'll still make it round the last lap (Indy was pretty close though, my driver ran out metres short of the line :lol:).

Or better yet, cancel any penultimate lap pit-ins. You'll still make it round the last lap (Indy was pretty close though, my driver ran out metres short of the line :lol:).

Didn't make at the Nurburgring, so a total waste of 50 minutes :(

Sorry for the bump but, if I skip the first two races and get gold on the rest of them would I still be #1 on the chart?

Excellent set up but I found that sticking to the Race 1 setup (except for tranny adjustments) is the way to go. Using a -10 ride height with 18.5 springs makes for a very, very bumpy ride which will cause excessive wheel spin, thus lowering grip and torque output when accelerating. Also, I prefer the 4-1 brake setup.

Thanks for the great guide!

Having some difficulties on nurburgring race, on a certain spot he spins out and ends up in the dirt everytime :(
Anyone else having this problem also????

Last edited:
That race almost gave ma a heart attack...

Lap 1
P5. Everything's going well, two positions gained by the end of the lap.

Lap 2
P3. Nice driving, Bob.

Lap 3
P11. Bob is spinning in the esses and kindly waiting for 8 cars to pass him before he bloody rejoins.

Lap 4
P11. Pretty much the same scenario. I'm shouting and cursing.

Lap 14
P10. Sod it, I'm pitting.

Lap 15
P10. Bob's trailing by 25 secs.

Lap 16
P10. Bob's trailing by 16 secs.

Lap 23
P8. Despite numerous spins on previous laps, Bob's gaining positions.

Lap 27
P1. Finally. I wonder how worn are opponents' tires.

Lap 28
P1. Everyone's pitting (except me, obviously).

Lap 29
P1. Everyone's pitting again. :odd:

Lap 30
P1. Bob manages to build over 1 minute gap.

Finish
P1. Damn you, Kazunori.

This event is killing me. GT5 is unbalanced.

I'm playing with a controller, which is awful for racing, Xbox controller is WAAAAY better for racing.

Make sure you have fresh oil, I also had a engine rebuild just before this race, because i had been grinding for 10k miles on endurance races with this car.

Also my B-spec driver is Level 27, so if your a lower level, it might take you a little longer to get first, but the car setup is perfect for you. Give your best driver a break for a few races unitl his status is a blue upward arrow before using him for this race.

Race 1

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 4
Rear Breaks - 1
Front Ride Height - 5
Rear Ride Height - 5
Transmission/ Top Speed - 261MPH
Spring Rate Front - 17.5
Spring Rate Rear - 17.5
Extension Dampers Front - 8
Extension Dampers Rear - 8
Compression Dampers Front - 6
Compression Dampers Rear - 6

You will gain most of your positions towards the end of the straight, while maintaining a solid pace through the bends. It should take you about 4-8 laps to take first place.

Race 2

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 4
Rear Breaks - 1
Front Ride Height - 5
Rear Ride Height - 5
Transmission/ Top Speed - 249MPH
Spring Rate Front - 17.5
Spring Rate Rear - 17.5

Again you will gain most of your positions towards the end of the straight, while maintaining a solid pace through the bends. You will hit the rev limit just before the end of the straight. It should take you about 4-8 laps to take first place.

Race 3

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 7
Rear Breaks - 2
Front Ride Height - -10
Rear Ride Height - -10
Transmission/ Top Speed - 199MPH
Spring Rate Front - 18.5
Spring Rate Rear - 18.5

Wow, this one is a ball ache, but with such a low gear ratio you will overtake on the short straights and through the tight corners. I had 3rd on lap 2, but first place didnt come till i was on lap 7 but then run away with it for the rest of the race. I also upped the breaks for this race. Twice in testing, the AI spun out and caused a pile up, which can be a bit of a nightmare to come back from, but its still possible.

Race 4

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 7
Rear Breaks - 2
Front Ride Height - -10
Rear Ride Height - -10
Transmission/ Top Speed - 236MPH
Spring Rate Front - 18.5
Spring Rate Rear - 18.5

This one is childs play. I used the same setup as race 3 but upped the top speed. I pushed my guy too hard on lap 1 and he spun off 3 times. but he took first again before the end of lap 2. Simples :)

Race 5

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 3
Rear Breaks - 1
Front Ride Height - -10
Rear Ride Height - -10
Spring Rate Front - 18.5
Spring Rate Rear - 18.5

Another easy race, you can have first place within 2 laps, there are loads of good straights to take places on this race.

Race 6

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 3
Rear Breaks - 1
Front Ride Height - -10
Rear Ride Height - -10
Spring Rate Front - 18.5
Spring Rate Rear - 18.5

Exact same setup as before, you will push your way to the front in no time at all.

A good tip, at the start of each, as soon as you start, when the clock starts to count you in 3,2,1 - Tell your driver to increase pace and he will get a good clean start, which is essential for this series of races.

Good luck, show some love for my work and leave some rep.

Thanks for this mate been stuck on this forever but this is a great setup for my car I know this post is old but thankyou:tup:

Sorry for revive an old topic but the setup is great!

I finishing the last b-spec before goes to endurace a-spec races and end the game.

running the second race right now and took first in the second lap, very good!

Back