Forza 4 Autovista mode could be standard / premium?

Looks like Cortana will be doing the audio presentation for the Warthog. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-26-halo-4-warthog-in-forza-4
Bollocks! I would've loved to hear him comment on it, but I won't care about it, anyways.

In GT I'm afraid it does affect your core experience and stares you in the face.
Yup, that's the primary difference. Autovista is basically a standalone mode. So, basically, what happens in Autovista, stays in Autovista :lol:

And since they're not counting the Warthog as a car, I'm completely fine with it. You can't use it on the track, it's not in the car list. Simples. Might as well pretend it's not there :lol:

Bollocks! I would've loved to hear him comment on it, but I won't care about it, anyways.

Yup, that's the primary difference. Autovista is basically a standalone mode. So, basically, what happens in Autovista, stays in Autovista :lol:

And since they're not counting the Warthog as a car, I'm completely fine with it. You can't use it on the track, it's not in the car list. Simples. Might as well pretend it's not there :lol:
T10 not including the Warthog as an actual vehicle in the vehicle list is a smart decision. I am very happy knowing it does not count toward that list. 👍
On a side note I really would have loved driving that thing. :dopey: Oh well thats what we have all the Halo games for. :sly:

I've thought of one concerned thought.

Is the warthog classed as an open wheeler?

If so, I think you know where I'm going with this.

T10 not including the Warthog as an actual vehicle in the vehicle list is a smart decision. I am very happy knowing it does not count toward that list. 👍
Yeah, that way, it's impossible to call them out on including a phantasy car in the actual simulation part of the game...
If so, I think you know where I'm going with this.
Yup, I know where you're going, but I think there's a difference in modelling the static Warthog in Autovista and creating a moving suspension for an open wheeler that's driven on the track :indiff:

Well I dont think open wheelers have made it this time.

Would have been a perfect pick me up after recent revelations.

Hope I'm wrong.

Well I dont think open wheelers have made it this time.

Would have been a perfect pick me up after recent revelations.

Hope I'm wrong.
Although I doubt there are any F1 or Indy cars, I do think we will see the Ariel Atom and perhaps the Caterham.

zr1chris
Although I doubt there are any F1 or Indy cars, I do think we will see the Ariel Atom and perhaps the Caterham.

That would do nicely. Luvverly Jubbly.

Should the data be on a separate disc? Say I dont want to waste 20mins unloading 10trillion polygons and 40GB's of textures to my punny 360 HDD. I mean, it has no connection to the core game it should be an optional install.

Only 25 cars will be Autovista cars at launch.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/underthehood2/

Wow I really nailed that percentage. Looks like I was right about only 5% of the cars would be in Autovista. I was hoping for more but oh well.

Also wanted to point out that T10 has indeed decided to use the term we hate........Premium. I had a feeling this "premium" term was going to happen in F4. So technically as I said before, the Autovista cars are "Super Premium" but only about 5% of the game.

Forza Motorsport 4 will feature 500 premium cars on Disc 1 and 2. It’s roughly 300 cars on Disc 1 and 200 cars on Disc 2. There are approximately 320 cars carried over and updated from Forza 3 as well as approximately 90 cars carried over and updated from Forza 3 DLC. The remaining 90 are so cars are new to Forza 4. Starting at launch, we are currently planning to add ten cars per month via DLC Add-On packs—this will include the Day 1 American Muscle Car DLC pack (free via a code to LCE buyers) as well as new packs starting in November

Last edited:
Only 25 cars will be Autovista cars at launch.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/underthehood2/

Wow I really nailed that percentage. Looks like I was right about only 5% of the cars would be in Autovista. I was hoping for more but oh well.

Also wanted to point out that T10 has indeed decided to use the term we hate........Premium. I had a feeling this "premium" term was going to happen in F4. So technically as I said before, the Autovista cars are "Super Premium" but only about 5% of the game.

Forza Motorsport 4 will feature 500 premium cars on Disc 1 and 2. It’s roughly 300 cars on Disc 1 and 200 cars on Disc 2. There are approximately 320 cars carried over and updated from Forza 3 as well as approximately 90 cars carried over and updated from Forza 3 DLC. The remaining 90 are so cars are new to Forza 4. Starting at launch, we are currently planning to add ten cars per month via DLC Add-On packs—this will include the Day 1 American Muscle Car DLC pack (free via a code to LCE buyers) as well as new packs starting in November

GT5 may have confused the normal customer, so they had to make it clear, that there are 500 with full cockpit and everything. We know it, but the normal Joe may not.

Anyone who compares the Autovista to FM 4 gameplay cars with the standard/premium in GT5 and see it as the same problem, can not be serious. It is just an excuse to talk down the standar/premium thing in GT5 and to let it look like it isnt a specific matter with GT5.

akiraacecombat
And people don't believe them when I tell them that it is CGI.

Atrocious DLC model here we go again.

Dude, seriously. You haven't had much positive to say in the Forza section of the forums. Most of the DLC models are the best in the game (FM3) for the exception of a very few.

Let's make it clear, AutoVista is just an experiment. An early tech demo of a NextGen level of ingame graphics.
The DLCs in games like these are damn good. Just because GT 5 has 4 Gb of patches that only change menu layout doesn't mean that DLC is evil.

Atrocious DLC model here we go again.

I want to see a proof for that. All videos from autovista were very dynamic with opening doors and hoods, sometimes repeating the open and close process. It does not look prerendered.

What is prerendered maybe the parts when you click for the clarkson voice with the details showing up.

I doubt that it is fully CGI, because of the walkaround and the functions of the doors and other things.

So back it up or leave.

Dude, seriously. You haven't had much positive to say in the Forza section of the forums. Most of the DLC models are the best in the game (FM3) for the exception of a very few.

So that means that you have to pay extra to get more quality, interesting.

And actually:

0:37->0:42, there are screen black outs so the game can load the videos, in Real time mode you have limited views of the 3D object, hence the lack of the free-mode camera.

I would believe that is real time if there where more cars with Autovista, as it stands is just a mixture of the 3D model with some CGI cutscenes.

Last edited:
You pay to get extra content, you don't have because you have enough at the start. If it was like you get 5 cars at launch for 60 bucks and then buy each extra car for 10. That would be bad. With DLCs you get MORE quality and quantity. And having 100 extra fresh cars a year is damn good.

I posted in the wrong section... but if this only 25-26 cars in AV mode is true... personally, I know it's an added feature but it's fail to me. If FM4 is to have over 600 cars, that means AV was built for only 5% of cars, and 1 of them is a fictional car not even driveable (and MS's obvious inclusion for the Halo fans). I really am excited for this mode to mess about a bit but 25-26 cars? More better come via patch/update or DLC!!
I like that they said 'at launch' but at launch... ugh... I was hoping for at minimum 100 cars at launch. That's not even a 1/4 of the car content, and AV will be utilized for 5%!

The DLC was expected and I welcome it (although this time around I might limit myself a bit more and rebuy FM4 when it relaunches as an ultimate collection). T10's done DLC since FM2 and FM3 followed the almost 1 DLC/month. It adds to the game, why bitch about it?

I posted in the wrong section... but if this only 25-26 cars in AV mode is true... personally, I know it's an added feature but it's fail to me. If FM4 is to have over 600 cars, that means AV was built for only 5% of cars, and 1 of them is a fictional car not even driveable (and MS's obvious inclusion for the Halo fans). I really am excited for this mode to mess about a bit but 25-26 cars? More better come via patch/update or DLC!!
I like that they said 'at launch' but at launch... ugh... I was hoping for at minimum 100 cars at launch. That's not even a 1/4 of the car content, and AV will be utilized for 5%!

The DLC was expected and I welcome it (although this time around I might limit myself a bit more and rebuy FM4 when it relaunches as an ultimate collection). T10's done DLC since FM2 and FM3 followed the almost 1 DLC/month. It adds to the game, why bitch about it?

Yup I hate that I was right when I said only about 5% of the game would use Autovista. I was really hoping I would be wrong about that. But I had a feeling a long time ago this would happen, thats why I made this thread. Then when they actually called them "Premium" cars that was the icing on the cake. I hate that term.

It's not CGI. Turn 10 has already stated it's the game engine. See, here you go again making false claims.

So that means that you have to pay extra to get more quality

Nope, you don't. More false information that you are spreading.

I would believe that is real time if there where more cars with Autovista, as it stands is just a mixture of the 3D model with some CGI cutscenes.

It is real time. Turn 10's Dan has already stated this.

Why are some folks acting as if a T10 employee would come into your house, pointa gun at you and force you to buy the DLC? I don't get it...

So that means that you have to pay extra to get more quality, interesting.
That's not what I'm saying. Its just that the models usually improve over time. Its called evolution. They find new ways to model the cars over time so that's why the DLC tends to be better since it comes out later.

Why are some folks acting as if a T10 employee would come into your house, pointa gun at you and force you to buy the DLC? I don't get it...

They would complain if they DIDN'T have DLC as well. You just can't win Luminis.

They would complain if they DIDN'T have DLC as well. You just can't win Luminis.
Well, everyone's complaining that a certain game doesn't get its DLC, so I guess you're right :dopey:

Anyways, I love Forza's DLC model. I don't mind spending another few bucks on a game I really like. I tend to buy only those games that appeal to me the best, so I can afford to throw some money at them, if need be.

Don't forget Camaroboy69, that is 25 "at launch". More are yet to come!
Thats true more Autovista cars will come with DLC but so will more cars for the game that are for racing. Which means the Autovista count will still remain at 5% of the cars in the game. I figure every 10 cars they release maybe 1 will be for Autovista.

Thats true more Autovista cars will come with DLC but so will more cars for the game that are for racing. Which means the Autovista count will still remain at 5% of the cars in the game. I figure every 10 cars they release maybe 1 will be for Autovista.

Indeed. I have ponied up the $79.99 for the LCE of Forza 4. I got my money worth for FM3, and FM4 is adding many more features. Even at 5% for Autovista, I am confident I am getting my money worth.

They have a 2 year time frame for each game, and a certain sized staff with a budget. I guess we could wait 4 years between games and get double the Autovista content, but I am greedy and I want the game NOW :nervous::sly:

Hmm...25 cars in AV mode. It's sad. I don't like Forza but I'll buy it. And AV mode is what makes me buy it much more. But 25 cars...It's not 100 supercars...Sad.

"Finally, we added the “simulation steering” option. This option removes all of the controller aides."
Yes! :) 👍

Last edited:
Back