Forza 4 vs GT5 physics

Which game do you find has superior physics?

• Gran Turismo 5

Votes: 68 31.5%
  • Forza 4

Votes: 103 47.7%
  • They are equal

Votes: 45 20.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I wonder how your observation is made. Saying one feel arcade, the other feel sim. What is your basis?

You cannot tune a car in the FM4 demo. You cannot judge the FF without a wheel. You cant tell when you are losing grip with a controller.

I guess I am just asking how you came up with why FM4 is more arcade.

Sorry Vax, I think you can feel the cars grip with the controller. It may be a combination of audio and controller vibration, but I can easily tell when my car is losing grip.

Back on point, you need to have played both games to make a realistic judgement. I think FM4s are much better in many ways to GT5, especially low speed physics, and the throttle position in realation to the rpms. FM4 doesn't force you to bounce of the rev limiter at 25% throttle, lets you launch using real world rpms love it.👍

The feedback about the road using a pad seems much more pronounced with in Forza. In GT5 the Dualshock seems dead most of the time.

The feedback about the road uasing a pad seems much more pronounced with in Forza. In GT5 the Dualshock seems dead most of the time.

I would agree with that 100%.

Scaff

The feedback about the road uasing a pad seems much more pronounced with in Forza. In GT5 the Dualshock seems dead most of the time.

I would echo this. I have been playing around with photomode in FM4 in recent weeks and this meant it was the first time I had driven in FM4 with anything other than a wheel. I was really surprised how much I could feel through the pad. Certainly seems better than what I remember in FM3.

ok calm down no need to get in a bad mood moderator 👍

I'm not in a bad mood at all. I am however wondering why you would ask such a question (and keep in mind you did ask it).

Now more importantly did you test the Shelby Cobra in GT5.

Scaff

I'm not in a bad mood at all. I am however wondering why you would ask such a question (and keep in mind you did ask it).

Scaff

not as of yet i wil tonight tho i need to buy it first 👍

Scaff

ok cheers

Poor Scaff.

Isnt this the second time someone stood you up?

Poor Scaff.

Isnt this the second time someone stood you up?

Its strange that no one who rates GT5s physics as better ever seems to want to talk to me about it after I ask them to try the test.

Wonder why?

Scaff

Honestly i think Scaff knows more about GT5 and Forza 4 then you do 👍

I think the vast majority of us do. Largely because we have spent a great deal of time playing both games.

I think the vast majority of us do. Largely because we have sent a great deal of time playing both games.

I mean i have played GT5 when it was launched then i started racing in proper leagues. But i havn't really played alot on FM4 largely cos it's demo game. But im sure when i get the full game i will be trying out different cars and seeing how they all handle differently and maybe Joining a racing league 👍;)

I mean i have played GT5 when it was launched then i started racing in proper leagues. But i havn't really played alot on FM4 largely cos it's demo game. But im sure when i get the full game i will be trying out different cars and seeing how they all handle differently and maybe Joining a racing league 👍;)

Well even if you don't agree FM4 is better after that, at least you will have formed that opinion based on real play time with both games. And while I wouldn't agree with your opinion I'd certainly respect it a lot more than the opinions of some who post in these threads 👍

Honestly i think Scaff knows more about GT5 and Forza 4 then you do 👍

And you know this how?

Also what does your post have to do with anything? I was mentioning the fact that twice somebody (inlcuding you) has said they will do Scaffs test in GT5, and post results.

And twice, it has been ignored (including you).

Why?

And you know this how?

Also what does your post have to do with anything? I was mentioning the fact that twice somebody (inlcuding you) has said they will do Scaffs test in GT5, and post results.

And twice, it has been ignored (including you).

Why?

i seem no point to do it. I will do it what does he want me to do in it?

i seem no point to do it. I will do it what does he want me to do in it?

You see no point in doing it?

Could that be because you said...

To me it feels like FM4 is a arcade kind of game were is GT5 is more towards simulation.

...and the reaction the car should give in GT5 doesn't match what you agreed should happen in the real world (and does in FM4).

I want you to test it and then come back and tell me if you still stand by your quote above and why.

Scaff

You see no point in doing it?

Could that be because you said...

...and the reaction the car should give in GT5 doesn't match what you agreed should happen in the real world (and does in FM4).

I want you to test it and then come back and tell me if you still stand by your quote above and why.

Scaff

^^ Yes do it, do it now! While your at it go ahead and see if you can launch the Cobra like you could in real life at around 3,000 or 4,000 rpm, with out bouncing off the limiter. I know in Fm4 you get a firm hook up of the tires and launch with squat and acceleration, in GT5 you will bog if not bouncing off the rev limiter, and when bouncing off the rev limiter you will lose traction. Let us know if you have different results.:D

Invisible sand traps that make even an off roader go from 160-30 in .5 of a second and slippery tarmac that looks almost the same as normal tarmac, its GT5 for me.

You know why that happens don't you? To prevent cheating?

What I find is if I stay on the track it has no effect on me whatsoever. Not many people buy racing games and go, hmm, lets test these gravels traps....zomg! they suck! This game is clearly unrealistic to the maxxx!

Invisible sand traps that make even an off roader go from 160-30 in .5 of a second and slippery tarmac that looks almost the same as normal tarmac, its GT5 for me.

But your OK with grass that often tries to spin you the second you touch it?

Two different means to the same end, neither approach is 100% accurate, nor are they 100% inaccurate.

A deep enough gravel trap, hit at enough speed will bury your car and will stop you getting free. Grass in the right conditions will spin you as soon as you look at it.

Oh and that's without the giant invisible boxes all over the GT5 Top Gear track.

All of these things are mechanisms within a game to stop cheating and have NOTHING to do with the topic of this discussion, which is physics.

Scaff

That's to prevent cheaters. If you take the line correctly you won't suffer the sticky grass. There's a chicane on Sedona and Road Atlanta that a cheater will go completely off the track, on the dirt/grass, just to not slow down and take the turn properly. To prevent this cheating, T10 added sticky grass specifically in areas like these to prevent cheating. And you need to be completely off the track for the stick grass to take affect, so if you have 2 wheels on road and 2 wheels off you will not suffer this affect. How exactly is this a bad thing??

And you need to be completely off the track for the stick grass to take affect, so if you have 2 wheels on road and 2 wheels off you will not suffer this affect. How exactly is this a bad thing??
Not true. If you so much as brush the inside of the Indianapolis oval, you're yanked to halt. As if I needed any more reasons to dislike an oval course...

I'm sure there are more exceptions. And other sticky zones just don't make sense, or are overly draconian. Really, the main problem is that it's inconsistent.

I love both games, have played both to death...

Trying to be really honest and unbiased, I think both games beat each other in different aspects of the physics (and in general too).

One thing I do not like from Forza's 4 physics is breaking hard (no ABS and locking up) under ANY condition, the car just goes in a straight line without any sort of tweak.

Now, GT5's physics have a major flaw too. Startup is really unreal. You can just bang the gas all the way, you'll go straight.

Those are my only real complaints about both games taking for granted that they're not SIMs on PC level.

If they both fixed that, I would play them even for longer periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back