Forza Motorsport 3

• Thread starter RedOak
  • 3,944 comments
Personally I dont really care about small errors in the car models, but I'm the sort of person who spends a lot of time racing and very little time watching replays. I'd rather have the game sooner rather than waiting while the developers spend forever perfecting every tiny little curve on every single car. As long as it looks like the car its supposed to be, its more about how it drives than how it looks.

I dont care about small errors either but dang they cant even get the brake caliper right

29dzh1x.jpg

2hd1bet.jpg

Perfectionists Right? you gotta be kidding me

Last edited:
I dont care about small errors either but dang they cant even get the brake caliper right

29dzh1x.jpg

2hd1bet.jpg

Ok, the sponsors & such are 1 thing, but that's just lazy to miss such a large detail.

I guess you all stare at the brake callipers while racing then?

I for one certainly wont be buying a game from people who cant correctly position a brake calliper.

Anyone noticed the wiper blades on th R8? 2mm out of place, ridiculous..

:rolleyes:

I for one certainly wont be buying a game from people who cant correctly position a brake calliper.

Come on buddy, you can mock some here with your Wiper blade statement but to be honest with you messing up the brake calliper is ridiculous. You cant say that your game has the best car models etc and mess up something so easy. yea people might not stare at the brake callipers while racing but what about photo mode etc. So please just because you dont care about if the cars are not acurate compared to real life thats doesnt mean the hardcore car lovers dont.

All I know is that this game looks like it's going to be the real deal. Forza 3, coupled with the 911 turbo s wheel, is going to be a great experience. I can't wait to get my hands on it. It will easily fill the void until GT5 comes out, and unless GT5 really steps it up online, forza might end up being the better of the 2 games.

29dzh1x.jpg

2hd1bet.jpg

Are you talking about the brake caliper on the wrong side?

The brake caliper on the wrong side to me falls into the category of "near enough is good enough" because its something I'm personally never going to notice. You guys a free to be all up set about it if you want. But once I start racing I'm never going to notice the brake caliper is on the wrong side. Heck, maybe the car has enough space that in real life you could mount the caliper on either side anyway :P

I can understand if you're the sort of person who likes staring at replays or photomode you might want the car models to be perfect. However I'm the sort of person who likes to race, the only time I'll watch a replay is if I did some awesome move that I want to see again, then I'll just fast forward to that point, watch it, then delete the replay and start the next race :P Even during a race I use the cockpit view, so anything on the exterior I wont even notice at all, though I like to have my virtual gauges done nicely :P

The brake caliper on the wrong side to me falls into the category of "near enough is good enough" because its something I'm personally never going to notice. You guys a free to be all up set about it if you want. But once I start racing I'm never going to notice the brake caliper is on the wrong side. Heck, maybe the car has enough space that in real life you could mount the caliper on either side anyway :P

I can understand if you're the sort of person who likes staring at replays or photomode you might want the car models to be perfect. However I'm the sort of person who likes to race, the only time I'll watch a replay is if I did some awesome move that I want to see again, then I'll just fast forward to that point, watch it, then delete the replay and start the next race :P Even during a race I use the cockpit view, so anything on the exterior I wont even notice at all, though I like to have my virtual gauges done nicely :P

Yea i was talking about the wrong side. like i said before to the average racing fan it wont be a problem, but to the hardcore car guys like my self this upsets me. dont get me wrong i still will play the game, but with me the cars are the stars and when you dont get them right it causes problems. EX i remember playing FM2 with the S2000. Turn 10 jacked that car up so bad i didnt even want to drive it. It didnt even look like S2000. When you come out and say your game has the best this and that but you cant even get a car model 100% acurate this is a problem

Seriously if it bothers you that much don't bother playing the game. It's never going to be perfect, nor do I really expect it to be. If they wasted all their time fiddling with the way the cars look Forza would be just another GT and that would be boring.

I just find it odd that Ken Greenwald calls themselves perfectionists yet they do things like this (KY never calls himself a perfectionist) and there is many more examples I can pull out with the current screenshots that I have not seen anyone else mention, but I wont bother.

Last edited:
Seriously if it bothers you that much don't bother playing the game. It's never going to be perfect, nor do I really expect it to be. If they wasted all their time fiddling with the way the cars look Forza would be just another GT and that would be boring.

Yea i was talking about the wrong side. like i said before to the average racing fan it wont be a problem, but to the hardcore car guys like my self this upsets me. dont get me wrong i still will play the game, but with me the cars are the stars and when you dont get them right it causes problems. EX i remember playing FM2 with the S2000. Turn 10 jacked that car up so bad i didnt even want to drive it. It didnt even look like S2000. When you come out and say your game has the best this and that but you cant even get a car model 100% acurate this is a problem .

Read the bold please

Let me say it again since you miss understood the first time what i have a problem with is someone saying their products is the best out on the market with flaws such as the sti. im not so much of a nitpick person but damn a brake calliper thats very poor.

Has nothing to do with racing. Watch when people post their photomode pics. Most enthusiasts won't notice the small things, but there will be somebody who will wonder why the brake caliper is on the wrong side.

Funny; I guarantee PD's staff would be catching all sorts of flack from the community if they did this. Probably from Kaz. as well.

Jay
I just find it odd that Ken Greenwald calls themselves perfectionists yet they do things like this (KY never calls himself a perfectionist) and there is many more examples I can pull out with the current screenshots that I have not seen anyone else mention, but I wont bother.

Let me say it again since you miss understood the first time what i have a problem with is someone saying their products is the best out on the market with flaws such as the sti. im not so much of a nitpick person but damn a brake calliper thats very poor.

+10

This was the point I was trying to make, while some here just refuse to understand it. It has nothing to do with gameplay, but to the way the developers talk and behave. In my honest opinion, developers like this with no sense of morals or honor behind their work ruins the whole package for me. The game will be awesome, just not as awesome as it could've been if they would just shut up with their nonsense.

Just watch the video I gave the link to at the top of this page.

The graphics and the gameplay of Forza don't merit comparison to GT. Many people claim that FM is a godsend and frankly they are wrong.

Although it rings true that looking at the replay will never replace the actual driving aspect of the game, to call the game superior to GT when even the vehicle dynamics are way off is an insult. The physics in FM feel like GT's arcade physics. I'm sure turn 10 realize that most of their demographic are 12-16 year old's who have no idea what a real car feels like. Whoever says that FM is "realistic" needs to wake up.

What does it matter what the developer say when they market a game... Have you ever seen a game developer that is totally unbiased and are not marketing their own products... I mean they have been working with it for years. Some manage to do it without upsetting to much though but still it´s not from an unbiased source so who cares :)

There seem to be two groups here... One that are not really hardcore racers just car lovers, tuners, painters that run in chase view with gamepad I suppose in easy mode with all aids on and check out the cars while they race?. Maybe trying some nice drifts in the corners and use rewind until they get the car in a nice angle that looks good on replay and in photo mode?

And then there is those that put their self in the cockpit with their 500$ wheel and are more anal about the physics and the adrenaline of racing. Trying to replicate the real deal as much as possible. Going faster! rather than the graphics. And are restarting the race 50 times since they have to beat the AI at hard to feel good about themselves ;)

Then there is of course people who are mixes in between here as always.

You can't put everyone into two groups like that as you say in your last sentence.

I have spend a bunch on a cockpit and wheel, I deeply care about physics and driving, I like and enjoy racing but it's more about the driiving to me. I am more happy burning through the Nurbrugring on my own than I am on Suzuka with a bunch of AI or a few random online guys. Yes I want to replicate everything about cars as much as possible (the racing, driving, models, everything).

It's about the full car lifestyle for me, I do a bit and a lot of everything.

As I say there is mixes in between... But the above group obviously exist as well. No fault in that of course :) But since you are more about driving would you say you are more in the racer group perhaps. Of course it´s nice to have good car models but the huge issues found here is pretty much impossible to spot on track so they are for me extremely small issues :)

What does it matter what the developer say when they market a game... Have you ever seen a game developer that is totally unbiased and are not marketing their own products... I mean they have been working with it for years. Some manage to do it without upsetting to much though but still it´s not from an unbiased source so who cares :)

It matters because when developers lie about aspects of their game or lie about being the first or only ones to do something, and then accuse others in copying them, then you have to question why they are doing a game in the first place, and what ideology lies behind their work. You can be biased as much as you want, it doesn't matter. But atleast don't lie and smear the name of others. That is one of the lowest forms of behaviour, and I hate it on principle.

I understood perfectly well the first time you said it. I believe you are being rather nitpickey about the whole thing, the only thing that I care about being wrong with the brake callipers is that they produce the orange glow way to quickly. Big deal if they are on the wrong side, if you are concerned with that you bought the game for the wrong reason.

Let me ask you this, would you look as hard to find fault with GT5?

The graphics and the gameplay of Forza don't merit comparison to GT. Many people claim that FM is a godsend and frankly they are wrong.

Although it rings true that looking at the replay will never replace the actual driving aspect of the game, to call the game superior to GT when even the vehicle dynamics are way off is an insult. The physics in FM feel like GT's arcade physics. I'm sure turn 10 realize that most of their demographic are 12-16 year old's who have no idea what a real car feels like. Whoever says that FM is "realistic" needs to wake up.

Wow, fanboy much?

How many people on her think GT is a godsend? There are threads on here about dreaming about GT5 or how people can't live without the game. Really? Who thinks the game is more of a godsend? I haven't really seen any ridiculous thing that concerning Forza on these boards.

I assume you've played both GT5 and FM3 so you can compare the physics, if you have you really should quit holding out on us with quality information. I'm sure the community would love screen shots and the answer to some pretty important questions.

12-16 year olds? Hmmm seems like a majority of the people that I get randomly thrown into races with are much older. But of course GT5:P is full of mature, clean racers that are all about the feeling of a car, I mean online proved that, right? Oh wait, no it didn't.

And Forza does look realistic and yes I'm fully awake. It looks different than GT for sure but it still looks realistic. Yes I can tell it's a game, but I can tell GT is a game too.

+1, at least someone understands here. Most of what's being said is pure marketing BS, really if you want to see how the game stacks up read things from gaming websites and magazines...which have all seem to find favour with FM3. Sure it's a preproduction copy so it's not going to be 100% accurate, but it's something to go on. We'll all have to wait and see how FM3 turns out before we really start criticising it.

But atleast don't lie and smear the name of others. That is one of the lowest forms of behaviour, and I hate it on principle.

Just food for thought, PD has lied about the release date on just about all of it's GT games, does that make you hate them on principal?

Last edited:
Just food for thought, PD has lied about the release date on just about all of it's GT games, does that make you hate them on principal?

Not really a comparison. When I say I am the best and that others have copied me, when clearly they didn't, does not equal "lying" about release date. Don't play these semantics on me please, you know there is a difference. I have no doubt, non whatsoever, that F3 will be awesome. It is just too bad that T10 built it on the wrong ideals (my opinion oc).

Not really a comparison. When I say I am the best and that others have copied me, when clearly they didn't, does not equal "lying" about release date. Don't play these semantics on me please, you know there is a difference. I have no doubt, non whatsoever, that F3 will be awesome. It is just too bad that T10 built it on the wrong ideals (my opinion oc).

How is there a difference? Lying is lying however you put it. I agree that the PD doesn't use smear tactics, that's a cultural thing which has been discussed, but they still lie to their fans quite a bit concerning the release of the game.

The fact that PD has pushed back release dates so often has put a bad taste in my mouth. They have built a reputation of a company that can't not complete anything in a timely fashion and fail to meet deadlines. So one company is brash and think they are the best, while the other neglects their fans and has poor time management skills. Both have pretty poor ideals if you want to get down to that.

Obviously logic is not strong with that post. I asked you not to play semantics. And being 'brash', as you call it, while MAY be a cultural thing, almost no other company does it.

Also, is delaying now considered a lie, even if there is a need to delay? Wow, so many companies lie it seems about release dates. Or maybe some don't have a choice? Please, don't compare the two. To lie and smear other's name DOES NOT equal 'lying' about release dates. Now, if after lying to us so boldly about a release date and then finding out that the game was seriously lacking in comparison to the last one, than I would start questioning PD's motives.

T10 just suck in my book. If they would only avoid smearing and such, I would have had no problems with them. But it reveals ideals.

Obviously logic is not strong with that post. I asked you not to play semantics. And being 'brash', as you call it, while MAY be a cultural thing, almost no other company does it.

Also, is delaying now considered a lie, even if there is a need to delay? Wow, so many companies lie it seems about release dates. Or maybe some don't have a choice? Please, don't compare the two. To lie and smear other's name DOES NOT equal 'lying' about release dates. Now, if after lying to us so boldly about a release date and then finding out that the game was seriously lacking in comparison to the last one, than I would start questioning PD's motives.

T10 just suck in my book. If they would only avoid smearing and such, I would have had no problems with them. But it reveals ideals.

I see you have to resort to bring personalities into your post instead of arguing the point. Excellent 👍.

If you don't see companies being brash or overly cocky then you must never look at any advertisements, because they are full of it. Not just for games either, I'm talking cars, food, home products, whatever.

And yes, PD saying a game will be released on X, then having to push it back again and again is lying to the fans. PD sucks in my book just for that (to use your expression), they have proved time and time again that they are unreliable and have very poor time management skills.

I'm going to hold off judgement on Turn 10 though, if FM3 is an awful game then I'll be one of the first to criticise it for being over hyped and they will enter my list of things that have failed as well. I will say that they have a lot of ground to make up though since they didn't really deliver on everything with FM2.

I think this is quite amusing that some of you guys are defending car dyslexia and diarrhea-mouthed developers. Saying it's just fine if cars are modeled badly? That FM2 has cars like the S2000, Supra MkIII, Skyline R34, Mustang hatchback that just don't look right, or are even ugly?

It matters to me. It matters to me that when I race mod a Ford GT that the nose blade is completely missing on the right side. It matters to me that the tires on every car big or small sound like a truck. It's called attention to detail. How else does sloppy developing show up?
  • Cars that oversteer instead of understeer.
  • Taking turns too fast.
  • Drifting that's unnaturally easy.
  • A livery editor that produces layers that slide around each time you take the car out.
  • Scrolling through the garage or Auction House crashing the game, and if you're in the auction House, a chance of getting you BANNED.
And don't get me started on a Nurburgring that's as wide as a four lane highway and as smooth, or even 360 hardware with the reliability of a Yugo. Which last year, Ms did another warranty extension for yet another issue.

You guys can defend this stuff all you want, but when this kind of arrogance also happens to come from a company that's doing everything in their power to monopolize as much of our lives as possible, and informing us we'd better love it too, screw 'em. They deserve all the crap they get, and then some.

They better fix all the Livery Editor bugs. It really is frustrating to work hours on a design, perfecting that realistic fantasy racing livery, only to come back and see everything has shifted. Not to mention the problems lining up the designs in the first place, due to the misaligned body panels.

;)

Back