Forza Motorsport 3

• Thread starter RedOak
  • 3,944 comments
evovsstibannerp.jpg

Just heard Motegi and Tsukuba where confirmed.
And the Nissan R35 GTR racecar, 60% sure tho.

Yep I noticed the glow in one of the E3 videos, within a second of brake application insta-glow.

@tfujiwara: Got a source on the news?

*EDIT* Nevermnd it seems FM.net decided they don't want anyone else to see it and took it down.

Last edited:
I hope Motegi will also be in GT5. And I hope there are going to be glowing brakes which we cannot see in GT5p.

It seems like just about all video games now have unrealistic brake glow. It doesn't really bother me since I never seen the side of the car when I'm racing.

Now I know why the graphics still look unrealistic compared to GT. It's the high-polish wax on the wheels! The models are done beautifully, but all the moving shots with the wheels in motion all look...not real.

It doesn't take anything away for me, but it explains why I just don't consider FM3 to look anywhere near as realistic as GT has.

It seems like cars are always overly shiny on Xbox games. Test Drive Unlimited wasn't bad, but Forza 1-3, PGR (at least 3-4) all have that effect, and brighter colors used to look odd as well.

It's because all 360 games have to have an insane amount of light bloom to keep Steve Jobs at bay.

Most excellent... I love sub-compacts! My only gripe is that Turn 10 models the U.S. versions of foreign cars, I.E. Versa vs Tiida.

Please add the Scion xD! I really want to see my car in a game! (Not that I'll buy it! I sold my 360 when I got my PS3)

How do you know its painted, and what's wrong with the fog lamps?
It seems like cars are always overly shiny on Xbox games. Test Drive Unlimited wasn't bad, but Forza 1-3, PGR (at least 3-4) all have that effect, and brighter colors used to look odd as well.
Like Joey said, that's how it goes on all Xbox 360 games.

Meh it's a game, I don't care about every little detail and it looks fairly close. And as long as it's fairly close only the people who want to nitpick will really say anything.

Reventón;3448105
Now I know why the graphics still look unrealistic compared to GT. It's the high-polish wax on the wheels! The models are done beautifully, but all the moving shots with the wheels in motion all look...not real.

It doesn't take anything away for me, but it explains why I just don't consider FM3 to look anywhere near as realistic as GT has.

I agree that the models themselves are very good. But what I find lacking is the edging or rather where the different body panels come together. They look flat and all together unrealistic. That and the strange tires. But otherwise there is no denying FM3 is a HUGE step up from FM2. I just hope the physics and track modeling are improved from FM2.

Reventón;3448261
and what's wrong with the fog lamps?

I think he is pointing out how it appears as a texture rather than a modelled (recessed) lamp

As seen here (you will recognise this pic :P)
nissanr390gt11.jpg

I notice the same thing with the Peugeot 908 headlights, they're just textures painted on, but as said, a huge improvement over Forza 2.

Really wonder why it matters. You can´t play the graphics anyway. Hopefully as always more work have gone with the physics which does matter and not the graphics which really doesn´t matter that much after the first 30 minutes.

I was just answering a question, but details do matter when it comes to the people that are right into the photo and video modes, which is quite popular and Forza 3 is bringing more options to for that (video maker for example).

It's a little annoying when you have great modelled cars (while photocapturing) and something silly like a painted on headlamp which doesn't fit with the quality of the rest of the model.
Forza (and GT) fanchise has proved that a large portion of Forza gamers are not in it for the racing but rather the photo, video and in Forzas case livery painting and auctioning side of the game. This is why it does matter.

Agreed. Always bothered me when I'd play either Forza, as things just felt... plasticy. If that makes any sense.

Wow i wouldn´t fight with somebody here but FM is getting more and more a GT for Xbox360... They only need the "made by PD tracks" to bring to FM3 and then it´s nearly complete... maybe they will also get the Citroen GT...

Back