Forza Motorsport Update 2 Now Available: Yas Marina, New Events, New Cars and More

You get 3-4 cars an update at one point of any month in GT, a month later, you get another 3-4 cars. In 2 weeks you get 4 cars in Forza, two weeks after that you'll have 4 more. What exactly is the issue here? It's literally not making any sense because in both games they're free. Yes it's FOMO, and that sucks, but they are releasing these extra cars in the same time frame. Its not being any more drip fed than the other.
gt7 cars is most of time new cars to the series, and ones that is not ha been remade, so not the same thing and you can get all content once the update drops so that means it not fomo.

So has a solid chunk of the cars brought into GT7 through its updates, but you seem to be happy to give a coincidental pass at that.

It absolutely has. There have been cars that went missing in one game & returned the next, likely due to licensing.

You're describing exactly what GT7 does, but that's perfectly fine to nobody's surprise.

so do you really think it licencing when plenty of brands is already in the game, the aventador sv, is not a licence issue, thats dripfeed.
gt7 updates is not the same as spotlight cars for forza they would be more simular to car pass cars for forza,

Last edited:
gt7 cars is most of time new cars to the series, and ones that is not ha been remade, so not the same thing and you can get all content once the update drops so that means it not fomo.
Ah, so now it's most of the time. Good goal post move.
so do you really think it licencing when plenty of brands is already in the game, the aventador sv, is not a licence issue, thats dripfeed
Uh, yes?

Why on earth do you think the Lexus GS350, IS350, RCF, & LFA were all in FM6, but not 7? Why did the Ferrari 512S make it to FH4, but not FH5 yet somehow back in FM '23? The Bentley Speed 8? FM1-4, FM6, FM '23. So, this statement of, "the cars always carried over that was in the last game" is not true.

At the end of the day, the car is still free, so there's some positive in its situation.

We are on Thursday the 16 and I didn’t received my weekly Car Pass, the Lotus Type 40 #1 Team Lotus ’65.
Is it a bug, an issue ? Did someone encountered the same problem ?🤔

I have a bug since the update. Sometimes when I pause the game and then resume playing, the sound is completely gone. I then have to quit and restart the game and then it works again. does anyone else have this bug?

Last edited:
It's a great update and game. I spent more than 100 hours there, and it's still has a big interest for me. Rivals is so great opportunity for compitition. RPG car progress system works so perfect. It gives a motivation to use different cars, drive for hours. It's not like GT7 where I have all cars, but used about 100 of 490+ cars for 21 months. Forza Motorsport has the best career mode. GT7 last biggest update didn't add any motivation and new interest to GT7. GT7 career is still boring. If they add Sophy in Career, it would help a little.
I wish I had this guys outlook on life :D

Those extra vehicles is not new cars. they have been in previous games so not exactly the same thing if gt did this by removing cars from sport and then added them back as updates cars later it would be just as bad,

You do understand that while these cars were in older Forza games they can't just pop it in motorsport. New engine, new car models, new physics data, new sound data... so there's a reason there is less content at launch.

I didn't think I'd like the new career mode but I kinda do. I played 16 hours straight yesterday, I just couldn't stop

Last edited:
You do understand that while these cars were in older Forza games they can't just pop it in motorsport. New engine, new car models, new physics data, new sound data... so there's a reason there is less content at launch.

I didn't think I'd like the new career mode but I kinda do. I played 16 hours straight yesterday, I just couldn't stop

Their not rescanning old car models for the most part thats just for new cars, the only one that got rescanned was Subaru impreza 22b, its shame the change sounds for cars that actully was good and make it worse, the sounds has been a hit and miss after fm6,
Their is some good ones, but they are so many thats conpletly off, and many of the same cars sounds a lot better in horizon 5

Their not rescanning old car models for the most part thats just for new cars, the only one that got rescanned was Subaru impreza 22b, its shame the change sounds for cars that actully was good and make it worse, the sounds has been a hit and miss after fm6,
Their is some good ones, but they are so many thats conpletly off, and many of the same cars sounds a lot better in horizon 5
I might not have played enough to know yet but so far the audio has been fantastic. I'm playing on a 2000ish watt Atmos surround setup and the mix is absolutely spot on perfect in terms of positional audio and the vehicles I've used in my 20ish hours have all been surprisingly accurate.

I don't expect perfection because you can't just record a car and use that audio you have to record then simulate using parts of the real audio or a complete bespoke audio simulation system. I don't know what Microsoft is using at this point but as far as accuracy goes I might have just been lucky with my choices but they have all hit the mark. Is it possible whatever setup you're using can't hit the full frequency range the game is outputing? I know when I use my arctis 9 pros or my Sony xm5's the cars don't sound as good (obviously) as my living room speakers but it's Definitely a frequency range type deal at least so far but I've only done the full first set of races... Probably like 8 different series? I dunno I didn't pay enough attention to that part I just played all night with a just 1 more race then just 1 more rival mindset haha.

Also they don't need new scans on cars it's the in game model or mesh that's new. You can tell they aren't reusing the same assets and probably can't because of just the way the game is lit alone. Lighting can really change how something looks entirely so even if a car looks the same.. first it should probably be really close but I'm sure there are subtle differences on everything in the game. Otherwise they would have launched with more cars and less bugs but this game landed hot! I do like the idea of a live service Forza I'm just hoping they focus on issues first.

Last edited:
I might not have played enough to know yet but so far the audio has been fantastic. I'm playing on a 2000ish watt Atmos surround setup and the mix is absolutely spot on perfect in terms of positional audio and the vehicles I've used in my 20ish hours have all been surprisingly accurate.

I don't expect perfection because you can't just record a car and use that audio you have to record then simulate using parts of the real audio or a complete bespoke audio simulation system. I don't know what Microsoft is using at this point but as far as accuracy goes I might have just been lucky with my choices but they have all hit the mark. Is it possible whatever setup you're using can't hit the full frequency range the game is outputing? I know when I use my arctis 9 pros or my Sony xm5's the cars don't sound as good (obviously) as my living room speakers but it's Definitely a frequency range type deal at least so far but I've only done the full first set of races... Probably like 8 different series? I dunno I didn't pay enough attention to that part I just played all night with a just 1 more race then just 1 more rival mindset haha.

Also they don't need new scans on cars it's the in game model or mesh that's new. You can tell they aren't reusing the same assets and probably can't because of just the way the game is lit alone. Lighting can really change how something looks entirely so even if a car looks the same.. first it should probably be really close but I'm sure there are subtle differences on everything in the game. Otherwise they would have launched with more cars and less bugs but this game landed hot! I do like the idea of a live service Forza I'm just hoping they focus on issues first.
Their is still inaccurate car models thats not been fixed, they didint start from scratch like gt sport did, this hole talk about built from the ground up is just scam, having a better soundsystem always make the experince better, i use $15000 soundsystem, and watts dosent tell the hold story, you can have less watts with better sound, all speakers have a sensetivity rating the more it has the less power is needed to play loud, then their is also,differences with sound quality and build quality the loudest speakers might also sound worse with no,amount of detail or sound quality, but That dosent change the fact with how many inaccurate sounds the game has, older games had much better car sounds overall and so does fh5, just becouse the cars is loud dosent mean its good, the new fm is worst sounding forza to date, if you ever played like fm4 where pretty much every car was almost spot on, thats not the case with fm fm4 sounds is miles a head, after fm6 the sounds went downhill

Last edited:
Their is still inaccurate car models thats not been fixed, they didint start from scratch like gt sport did, this hole talk about built from the ground up is just scam, having a better soundsystem always make the experince better, i use $15000 soundsystem, and watts dosent tell the hold story, you can have less watts with better sound, all speakers have a sensetivity rating the more it has the less power is needed to play loud, but That dosent change the fact with how many inaccurate sounds the game has, older games had much better car sounds overall and so does fh5, just becouse the cars is loud dosent mean its good,
Indeed, I meant it as a generalization and over simplification of the setup. 4 towers with tweeters, mids & a 6" sub in each, center with 2 tweeters and 3 mids, large bookshelf speakers for side channels and Atmos channels are proper height mounted and there is recessed ceiling speakers and I'm hitting the entire range.

Not sure why you think built from the ground up is a scam. They might base the mesh on the same scan but I'm sure said scans or direct from manufacturer car models are plenty accurate. Laser scanning tech hasn't gotten dramatically better over the lifespan of the last 4 games. Every model I've seen looks new and like I said any older mesh would look awLike I said I haven't experienced tons of cars yet but what I have sounds good and I wouldn't say it's worse audio quality or positional accuracy wise than any prior game.

I can only compare with cars I've heard in real life or something with really high quality audio online, so nothing with lots of compression or something usin. Never said loud equals good either. I'm far more interested in position than loud although I've definitely played loud.ful using the new lighting system so they would have to remodel everything. Even if that model is built off an existing one to save time since each car takes someone about 3-6 weeks to build and setup physics data not to mention audio again. The game feels different than past games quite a bit on controller and I imagine when I get a chance to setup my fanatec rig in my new place that will feel quite different as well although I know wheel support is usually in need of work at launch through the first few months but I have no doubt the physics sim is actually able to simulate more and at higher fidelity which would require new data so even if some was reused which only makes sense it's still new because even adding 1 new thing into a simulation engine will change the results dramatically.

I have gt as well and it's a fine game but it wasn't nearly as good as launch through even a full year after as it today. Hell there was a bug where berms could be ridden like railroad tracks if you hit them just right so you could corner flat out all the time. I think that existed for 8 months. I do like playing it in VR quite a bit but otherwise I'll take Forza especially when talking campaign. Online in GT also basically required spending tons of money on a car or grinding 20 hours per vehicle to just afford it and some basic upgrades for its class. I don't know if that's changed... I'd hope so but I just do single races now in VR.

That being said I respect your opinion. People are different and like different things or have different expectations and experiences. I can't change your opinion which is fine but my opinion (so far) is different and it could literally change in a single race series. I know the game needs work but I expected as much when it didn't launch in 2022. Can't wait to see what they have in store along with how they change things based on feedback once bug fixing is further along.

Last edited:
Indeed, I meant it as a generalization and over simplification of the setup. 4 towers with tweeters, mids & a 6" sub in each, center with 2 tweeters and 3 mids, large bookshelf speakers for side channels and Atmos channels are proper height mounted and there is recessed ceiling speakers and I'm hitting the entire range.

Not sure why you think built from the ground up is a scam. They might base the mesh on the same scan but I'm sure said scans or direct from manufacturer car models are plenty accurate. Laser scanning tech hasn't gotten dramatically better over the lifespan of the last 4 games. Every model I've seen looks new and like I said any older mesh would look awLike I said I haven't experienced tons of cars yet but what I have sounds good and I wouldn't say it's worse audio quality or positional accuracy wise than any prior game.

I can only compare with cars I've heard in real life or something with really high quality audio online, so nothing with lots of compression or something usin. Never said loud equals good either. I'm far more interested in position than loud although I've definitely played loud.ful using the new lighting system so they would have to remodel everything. Even if that model is built off an existing one to save time since each car takes someone about 3-6 weeks to build and setup physics data not to mention audio again. The game feels different than past games quite a bit on controller and I imagine when I get a chance to setup my fanatec rig in my new place that will feel quite different as well although I know wheel support is usually in need of work at launch through the first few months but I have no doubt the physics sim is actually able to simulate more and at higher fidelity which would require new data so even if some was reused which only makes sense it's still new because even adding 1 new thing into a simulation engine will change the results dramatically.

I have gt as well and it's a fine game but it wasn't nearly as good as launch through even a full year after as it today. Hell there was a bug where berms could be ridden like railroad tracks if you hit them just right so you could corner flat out all the time. I think that existed for 8 months. I do like playing it in VR quite a bit but otherwise I'll take Forza especially when talking campaign. Online in GT also basically required spending tons of money on a car or grinding 20 hours per vehicle to just afford it and some basic upgrades for its class. I don't know if that's changed... I'd hope so but I just do single races now in VR.

That being said I respect your opinion. People are different and like different things or have different expectations and experiences. I can't change your opinion which is fine but my opinion (so far) is different and it could literally change in a single race series. I know the game needs work but I expected as much when it didn't launch in 2022. Can't wait to see what they have in store along with how they change things based on feedback once bug fixing is further along.
Then i think you start up fm6 or the older ones they had more accurate sounds that not an opinion but a fact, their is already more than enough proof that there their still using inaccurate car models, Mitsubishi lancer evolution vl, Nissan skyline r32, golf r32, toyota supra mk3, Toyota mr2 gt, nissan Silvia s15, Lamborghini countach, Honda civic ep3 this is just to name a few they are indeed bad, but if you just going to swallow turn 10 lies is all up to you, if you enjoy or like forza that one another thing and thats fine, but stop defending the flaws they actully made with this game, but however i am not getting in the way for the people that wants to play it, and it could be a better game in future but now its not in a good state, and its been 6 years since the last title, so people have all the right to feel dissaponted

I actually found myself really enjoying FM23. Grinding for hours to get the new R8 was quite exhilarating 😊 Okay, it's perhaps somewhat a pity that many spotlight cars are returning from previous titles but on the plus side, they are real cars. By that I mean not VGT or PD tuned Silvias or Civics.
To give PD their dues, however, the Spec II update was brilliant and not a VGT or PD tuned Gr.4 in sight 😁

I would've gotten the R8 if it wasn't for the fact you had to:

Enter Event

Load Screen

Start Practice

Load Screen

Skip Practice

Load Screen

Start Race

Load Screen

Then Race and complete said event. I wish T10 made it that you can skip practice in the menu, without having to go in game to do it there. It's time consuming. Plus it doesn't help there is a progression bug ruining any motivation to complete the featured events and career mode.

Last edited:
I would've gotten the R8 if it wasn't for the fact you had to:

Enter Event

Load Screen

Start Practice

Load Screen

Skip Practice

Load Screen

Start Race

Load Screen

Then Race and complete said event. I wish T10 made it that you can skip practice in the menu, without having to go in game to do it there. It's time consuming. Plus it doesn't help there is a progression bug ruining any motivation to complete the featured events and career mode.
Take it a step further and put in a setting to turn off ALL cut scenes. I could live without every single one easily. Right, it's all just a waste of time and creates the monotony of doing short ass race after short ass race. I swear you spend more time in the menus and pressing buttons than actual racing on track.

Take it a step further and put in a setting to turn off ALL cut scenes. I could live without every single one easily. Right, it's all just a waste of time and creates the monotony of doing short ass race after short ass race. I swear you spend more time in the menus and pressing buttons than actual racing on track.
Yes, yes and YES. Fingers crossed we could get such options, because even the victory screen is time consuming since you have to skip that too.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I haven't been able to play the game since Update 2.0 arrived, both on PC or Xbox series X. Each time I start the app it crashes back to the Xbox's dashboard or Xbox app. No idea what to do, I mean, I restarted the console, I re-installed the game on both but to no avail.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I haven't been able to play the game since Update 2.0 arrived, both on PC or Xbox series X. Each time I start the app it crashes back to the Xbox's dashboard or Xbox app. No idea what to do, I mean, I restarted the console, I re-installed the game on both but to no avail.
There was someone in here somewhere that had to do a console reset with the Save Games option that fixed it I think? That was prior to the update, but it might be worth looking into?

Ah! Here it is: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/what-did-you-do-in-fm23-today.423422/page-4#post-14133194

So bizarre how this thing is running so differently for different users...

Last edited:
I don't know what kind of system they use for creating races/events, but it's clearly not working, 2 practice laps for a 2 lap race at Spa? And even in Free Play the long race option comes up with '6 laps' where that wasn't even a medium race in Fm7.

I don't know what kind of system they use for creating races/events, but it's clearly not working, 2 practice laps for a 2 lap race at Spa? And even in Free Play the long race option comes up with '6 laps' where that wasn't even a medium race in Fm7.
Right. Who play tested this? Who didn't see the monotony of the process? When we are doing a championship in any series, it gets mind numbing. Cutscene - skip cutscene - into practice - cutscene - just to skip practice - cutscene - pick spot on grid - short race. The amount of button pushing is ridiculous. I almost can't bear to do these.
Where we need practice, in Free Play so I can test and tune my cars before a race, we don't even have. I feel like no one even went through the task of PLAYING THE GAME. It's cookie cutter pieced together from different departments and then just thrown at us.

In free race, the option after "long" race is to make a "custom" race. Think 999 laps is max

In free race, the option after "long" race is to make a "custom" race. Think 999 laps is max
I think I saw a Forza Motorsport 7 YouTuber do a 1,000 laps race on Nürburgring 24H. He made it in the hundred lap or a bit more before he gave up. 😅

Thanks, but I was just pointing out that the system seems bugged.
Talking of bugs. I was trying to set up a two group race with just Cortinas and minis:
2.jpg

Although it's still better than their ugly wide body kits.

Last edited:

The member you're talking to has not even played the game. He's another user who has drifted into this forum & spouts claims based on 3rd party sources or parrots Reddit.
This will be the first forza i wont buy at launch
i am yet not impresssed or planning to buy it as it stand now
yes i said i wont buy it at launch and thats still the case, but i never said i wont ever buy it, i still proably buy at a later date maybe after a year or so,
unfortunately I cant pre order it, my pc is little out of date....i don’t want to buy an Xbox series x either for one game...i wont be able to do that in timeframe the new fm comes out so it have to wait for maybe to spring or summer, but still going to watch gameplay becouse i want to see how it looks and plays

Last edited:
I can't believe anyone even wastes their time responding anymore unless for personal entertainment.
I dunno, it's more or less to drive a point to not only that person, but to those around as well, about the doings of said person. Especially for someone who so blatantly gives free passes while simultaneously putting on a facade of unbiasedness. For someone who hates the game and has no interest in it whatsoever, and has not even attempted to give it a shot, I'm surprised so much time is spent here just to constantly say "I don't like the game" in one way or another.

Now he's just Poo reacting everything, and even going so far to laugh react at someone who said they enjoyed the game even though they had a hard time after they bumped the difficulty up. Seems childish.

Last edited:
Back