Forza Motorsport Update 2 Now Available: Yas Marina, New Events, New Cars and More

I hope this update helps reduce choppiness of this game on PC. I'm enjoying it but spikes and framerates are all over the place...

I hope this update helps reduce choppiness of this game on PC. I'm enjoying it but spikes and framerates are all over the place...
It didn't for me. I didn't see a performance increase at all. They say that there's these "various PC issues addressed". Well what then? List it out. My menus now stutter and have micro freezes as well as in race cut scenes. FPS is still all over the place. It's not unplayable but was hoping to get some optimization on PC for sure.

At least, the GMA T.50 ! 😊 With the McLaren F1, the McLaren MP4/4, the best of Gordon Murray.
Missing the Freestream Caparo T.1 (which appears in FM 6)

Last edited:
A lot of New events for the Career!!! NICE!
When I compare it with GT7 where you get at most 6 New events,
FM blows away GT7...

Last time i checked gt7 got 20 in spec ll,
And its not fomo like fm, and no fm dosen’t blow away gt7 its more the other way around,
Fm is still in a pretty bad state,
Its pretty sad you defend a fomo career mode witch also dripfeeding cars that already was in previous games

Last edited:
And its not fomo like fm, and no fm dosen’t blow away gt7 its more the other way around,
Its pretty sad you defend a fomo career mode witch also dripfeeding cars that already was in previous games
Words of wisdom.

They've fixed factory coloured wheels despite still giving the colours a weird finish (at least, on the AE86 I made last night) and more importantly, they haven't fixed the weird colour glitch with aftermarket wheels.

Great. At least they've fixed liveries in free play - that genuinely had put me off free play.

My main concern for this update : Is the career progression loss due to the game not saving properly fixed?

My main concern for this update : Is the career progression loss due to the game not saving properly fixed?
I had issues with featured event not saving and had to re do events and still wouldn’t save them and I would get a error Remote data unavailable and I couldn’t do the Acura road America event, I have been on today and I finished the pro type event again and got a gold cup instead of green medal and the Acura event worked and saved. So they fixed something. I still hope the game keeps improving and now I hope I can finish the builders cup. Also there is an open event in career mode which ends in 14 hours and I have not unlocked it yet, reward car is the Audi r8 but you can buy it from auto show. The fomo is annoying and builders cup way too short.

Last edited:
I have a question 're the article - I know they said we would have an "extra 2 weeks" I.e. 6 weeks to do the "Featured Tour", but have they specifically said that the Open Class Tour will only be 4 weeks this time? The first Open Class Tour ran for 6 weeks.

I can't trust that overall infographic as according to that the Featured Tour is only 4 weeks as well and seems to contradict what they've told us previously?

It's a great update and game. I spent more than 100 hours there, and it's still has a big interest for me. Rivals is so great opportunity for compitition. RPG car progress system works so perfect. It gives a motivation to use different cars, drive for hours. It's not like GT7 where I have all cars, but used about 100 of 490+ cars for 21 months. Forza Motorsport has the best career mode. GT7 last biggest update didn't add any motivation and new interest to GT7. GT7 career is still boring. If they add Sophy in Career, it would help a little.

They've fixed factory coloured wheels despite still giving the colours a weird finish (at least, on the AE86 I made last night) and more importantly, they haven't fixed the weird colour glitch with aftermarket wheels.

Great. At least they've fixed liveries in free play - that genuinely had put me off free play.
I still can’t get an aluminium finish on the stock 992 911 GT3 wheels. They just show as white. Steel shows as black in the paint shop.

You're talking as if the Spec 2 update is what we get with every update. That was not the norm. 8 cars over 2 months is hardly different than getting 3~ cars a month in GT updates. The output really isn't that different to be making a big stink about content like that. The only real issue is that it's time gated, but strictly talking about the content itself, that makes no sense. If you're someone that actually plays the game you bought/installed and/or have the time, then the FOMO approach might not affect them at all and that's more than enough reason for someone to like something more than another game.

You're talking as if the Spec 2 update is what we get with every update. That was not the norm. 8 cars over 2 months is hardly different than getting 3~ cars a month in GT updates. The output really isn't that different to be making a big stink about content like that. The only real issue is that it's time gated, but strictly talking about the content itself, that makes no sense. If you're someone that actually plays the game you bought/installed and/or have the time, then the FOMO approach might not affect them at all and that's more than enough reason for someone to like something more than another game.
That was just a reaponse to guy that said we got 6 events at most, witch is not accurate, yes its still a bit lackluster but then to defend the fomo career as nice things is not the way i would go, the problem here with this fomo is that it Will never be complete, but i am sure thats to push players on gamepass to play regulary but i Will never get behind this model, and most of spotlight cars is also dripfeed cars from older games that should be included day one, for career it rally dosent matter if you buy the game now or in 2 years it Will be as incomplete while in other games you would have a lot more content within that time, pd has not delivered quite as many cars they Said they could, but they dont take the lazy way out they put in the work into each car, witch cant be Said for forza other than the new cars

Last edited:
The dripfeed is insane,
Dripfeed isn't the word to use; it's more like FOMO. But, this has become run-of-the-mill in the gaming industry now.
and most of spotlight cars is also dripfeed cars from older games that should be included day one,
They're free at the end of the day, so the trade-off isn't that bad.

Last edited:
That was just a reaponse to guy that said we got 6 events at most, witch is not accurate, yes its still a bit lackluster but then to defend the fomo career as nice things is not the way i would go, the problem here with this fomo is that it Will never be complete, but i am sure thats to push players on gamepass to play regulary but i Will never get behind this model, and most of spotlight cars is also dripfeed cars from older games that should be included day one, for career it rally dosent matter if you buy the game now or in 2 years it Will be as incomplete while in other games you would have a lot more content within that time, pd has not delivered quite as many cars they Said they could, but they dont take the lazy way out they put in the work into each car, witch cant be Said for forza other than the new cars
I know what it was a response to, it doesn't change what I said. You also used the out of the norm largest GT update to act like that's a typical update we get in GT. That you don't like FOMO doesn't mean it affects someone else the same way, if they're able to play the game enough and it doesn't affect them, then that opinion of it being better to them is entirely valid.

Either way, you talked about dripfeed content and it's really not any different than the game you're defending here, and that's with me also not being on board with the FOMO mechanic whatsoever.

You basically said 'YOU LIKE FORZA?! OH YEAH, WELL I DON'T!" while using a remark that defines the market right now, aside from the FOMO.

Last edited:
Not even close. This pretty run-of-the-mill in the gaming industry now.

They're free at the end of the day, so the trade-off isn't that bad.
Its still dripfeed i could see this mile away when the cut fm7 car list even months ago, and i could see this trend going for months to come, and locking most of the new cars behind the car pass

I know what it was a response to, it doesn't change what I said. You also used the out of the norm largest GT update to act like that's a typical update we get in GT. That you don't like FOMO doesn't mean it affects someone else the same way, if they're able to play the game enough and it doesn't affect them, then that opinion of it being better to them is entirely valid.

Either way, you talked about dripfeed content and it's really not any different than the game you're defending here, and that's with me also not being on board with the FOMO mechanic whatsoever.

You basically said 'YOU LIKE FORZA?! OH YEAH, WELL I DON'T!" while using a remark that defines the market right now, aside from the FOMO.

gt7 dosent dripfeed cars, most of them is brand new to series, and they are all avaiable once the update drop, while in fm you have to wait for weeks to get them thats dripfeed, gt7 does dripfeed single player content witch i am not a fan of either, but its not fomo at least

Last edited:
Its still dripfeed i could see this mile away when the cut fm7 car list even months ago, and i could see this trend going for months to come, and looking most of the new cars behind the car pass
That you defend the way one game releases extra vehicles while damning another for releasing basically the same amount of vehicles in the same time frame is pretty telling of your character here.

gt7 dosent dripfeed cars, most of them is brand new to series, and they are all avaiable once the update drop, while in fm you have to wait for weeks to get them thats dripfeed, gt7 does dripfeed single player content witch i am not a fan of either, but its not fomo at least
You're literally getting, more or less, the same amount of cars in the same time frame, for free. What in the world are you even complaining about here.

Last edited:
That you defend the way one game releases extra vehicles while damning another for releasing basically the same amount of vehicles in the same time frame is pretty telling of your character here.

You're literally getting, more or less, the same amount of cars in the same time frame, for free. What in the world are you even complaining about here.
Those extra vehicles is not new cars. they have been in previous games so not exactly the same thing if gt did this by removing cars from sport and then added them back as updates cars later it would be just as bad,

Those extra vehicles is not new cars. they have been in previous games so not exactly the same thing if gt did this by removing cars from sport and then added them back as updates cars later it would be just as bad,
Right, so you're just giving free passes when you talk about the extra cars. Got it.

Last edited:
Its still dripfeed i could see this mile away when the cut fm7 car list even months ago, and i could see this trend going for months to come, and looking most of the new cars behind the car pass
Yes, that's basically how it has worked beyond even Forza. New cars to the franchise will sometimes require money, that's why the Car Pass is setup as the best deal to get them.

I don't know you seem to be caught up about the other cars being brought back into the game slowly if they're free. The article highlights 3 of the other free cars (S7 LM, MG, GMA) are new to Motorsport franchise as well.
This has been a routine fest for a couple months now. It's not surprising.

Yes, that's basically how it has worked beyond even Forza. New cars to the franchise will sometimes require money, that's why the Car Pass is setup as the best deal to get them.

I don't know you seem to be caught up about the other cars being brought back into the game slowly if they're free. The article highlights 3 of the other free cars (S7 LM, MG, GMA) are new to Motorsport franchise as well.

This has been a routine fest for a couple months now. It's not surprising.
Forza has not done this for previous games, the cars always carried over that was in the last game but this time they dripfeeding them, its to make people play more regulary like i already said before, if this is ok for you thats totally fine, but its sure is not fine by me, i was hoping they would not go with fomo route like horizon but this is even a lot worse than what horizon 5 are doing

Last edited:
Forza has not done this for previous games, the cars always carried over that was in the last game but this time they dripfeeding them, its to make people play more regulary like i already said before, if this is ok for you thats totally fine, but its sure is not fine by me, i was hoping they would not go with fmo route like horizon but this is even a lot worse than what horizon 5 are doing
You get 3-4 cars an update at one point of any month in GT, a month later, you get another 3-4 cars. In 2 weeks you get 4 cars in Forza, two weeks after that you'll have 4 more. What exactly is the issue here? It's literally not making any sense because in both games they're free. Yes it's FOMO, and that sucks, but they are releasing these extra cars in the same time frame. Its not being any more drip fed than the other. That someone doesn't have an issue with FOMO and finds that their time in Forza is better spent than in GT, that's fine. Just don't get why you're trying to point out dripfeeding to that person that prefers it when they're getting the same amount of content regardless.

Last edited:
So has a solid chunk of the cars brought into GT7 through its updates, but you seem to be happy to give a coincidental pass at that.
Forza has not done this for previous games, the cars always carried over that was in the last game but this time they dripfeeding them, its to make people play more regulary like i already said before, if this is ok for you thats totally fine, but its sure is not fine by me,
It absolutely has. There have been cars that went missing in one game & returned the next, likely due to licensing.

You're describing exactly what GT7 does, but that's perfectly fine to nobody's surprise.

Back