Game Stock Car

• Thread starter oqvist
  • 319 comments
Yes, same Reiza quality sim, and the price is right :D

The "only" thing I personally don't like is the sound, high pitched buzzing, but I'm not faulting Reiza as the cars IRL may sound like this, I've never heard them.

What are the specs of the cars? They look quite similar to the Stock Cars from the main game. As the sounds are so good in GSCE I'd be surprised if they haven't got the sound of that free game pretty accurate.

What are the specs of the cars? They look quite similar to the Stock Cars from the main game. As the sounds are so good in GSCE I'd be surprised if they haven't got the sound of that free game pretty accurate.
Nothing like the Reiza RWD V8 Stock Cars (http://www.stockcar.com.br/) - love the sound of those btw. These are high revving 4 cylinder FWD cars from the Brazilian Copa Petrobras touring car series.
And I didn't say the sounds were bad necessarily, the high pitched sounds are just irritating to me - could be the same IRL but I wouldn't know as I never followed that series. With that said, "similar" cars in R3E (WTCC) sound better to me but I'm not faulting the Reiza game.

Game Copa Petrobras de Marcas gameplay, a free simulator by Reiza Studios. The video are two races of one lap at Goiânia and Interlagos circuits alternating the cockpit and replay cameras.

Nothing like the Reiza RWD V8 Stock Cars (http://www.stockcar.com.br/) - love the sound of those btw. These are high revving 4 cylinder FWD cars from the Brazilian Copa Petrobras touring car series.
And I didn't say the sounds were bad necessarily, the high pitched sounds are just irritating to me - could be the same IRL but I wouldn't know as I never followed that series. With that said, "similar" cars in R3E (WTCC) sound better to me but I'm not faulting the Reiza game.

Ah, so a bit similar to the British Touring Car Championship (BTCC).

I'm going to download it now. I wonder what the motivation is to release this free?

Is it

1 - to promote GSCE (which is already at a very low price point)?

2 - later introduce extra paid content a la Race Room Experience / iRacing

3 - subsequently charge for the game

d - a secret

Edit
e - it looks like it's paid for by the sponsor - PETROBRAS

Edit 2 - @FuzzyFassbender if you want the sounds to sound better then there is a mod available on Nogripracing.

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=41695

Last edited:
Yeah, that mod was posted on RD but I only had a few minutes to try it since installing. I think it was a little better.

I really wanted to try this car...the other Porsche I got, don't know how though. Downloading the tracks is a breeze,
the car downloads are killing me.

Open each rar or zip file and see if there is a text file with instructions. If not then look at the folders that are within the document. Those folders will often be duplcated in the GSCE main game folder and if you correctly unzip from the downloaded file into the same folder in the game it "should" work. Some might need something slightly different.

If you're unsure tell me which files from Racedepartment you've downloaded and I'll tell you how each installs. I was very unsure at the start but it's easy once you have done a few successfully.

Thanks, I'm going to try the 997 mod again tonight. It shows in the GSC folder in vehicles and sounds, but not in the game. I looked through all the models just in case it showed somewhere other than the spinner. If I get stuck.....your
help will be greatly appreciated!

You need to upack the entire "PorscheCup_997RSR_GSCEx_V1.1.rar" file into the main game folder as there are other folders that need to be installed. If the vehicle and sounds folders that you have seen are literally in the GSC2013 folder (or whatever your game folder is called) and not in subfolders then you have installed them in the wrong place.

Right click on the rar file.
Click extract files
In WinRAR
Select your program location (mine is "D:\Programs\GSC2013Modified" but I also have an unmodified install in "D:\Programs\GSC2013" as the installation path
Press ok

That should be it unless you have another mod installed in Reiza menu location 78 (I think that's what this mod uses.)

It worked on a clean game install. Awesome car! I'll just add a few tracks on this one and enjoy. Guess I had messed up the first install by adding stuff, not knowing where things went. Thanks for the support! Anyone who reads this, and is wondering ... get this Sim. Definite Winner!

Gonna' try this game on my new system today, wish me luck :P

Does anybody have any optimisation tips, for controls/graphics?

(i5/GTX770/W7(

Gonna' try this game on my new system today, wish me luck :P

Does anybody have any optimisation tips, for controls/graphics?

(i5/GTX770/W7(

Everything on maximum. Resolution as big as your monitor / tv will support. I have a much lower spec pc and it still runs very well with nearly everything at max. I sometimes turn mirrors off and lower shadow quality with some user generated tracks and run it at approx 1600 x 900 resolution. With those specs I should think you can run very large fields where allowed. You should also be able to use high level anti aliasing etc.

Depends on your wheel for settings. Default setups work very well for me on my DFGT and T300RS though.

Also go to Racedepartment.com and download some of the best / most popular mods. Most of them are listed in this thread in the last few posts. As a general rule the first track mods I would download would be those made by Patrick Giranthon and Alfredo that have been updated to make the most of version 1.20 or 1.21. If it's been made or updated since the middle of August then it should have been.

Thank you good sir, very considerate and detailed reply.

I ran everything on maximum with a full grid of Brazilian V8s; game ran very well. I'm loving it.

Agreed, had to turn shadows down I had some graphical glitches with those lol

My wheel is a G27, I played around a lot with the FFB and settings. Will list them here in a little while
(Using Logitech Profiler settings:
Overall Effects Strength: 100% - (150% gave me massive wobble in a straight line :P)
Spring Effects Strength: 150%
Damper Effects Strength: 150%
Enable Centering Spring & Centering Spring Rate = 150%
Degrees of Rotation - 270%)

Maybe not perfect but feels great, and 270 for me is cool maybe not for others, but for me I like it.

Just off to visit RD now, thanks for the tip :D And again thanks for replying :)

Didn't feel like a race last night , so I downloaded Patrick's Nordschleife mod...OMG...what an E ticket ride!
Anyone who , like me, has only seen this track on GT series or video will be horribly humbled. I see many
hours of thrill rides on this track ahead. I now finally know why this is called Green Hell. WOW

OK...it' official. Game Stock Car has ruined GT6 for me. The last 3 weeks, the only time I've been on there is for the
weekly racing on Saturdays with some friends. I wish I'd gone to PC sims sooner. The depth and feel of the FFB crushes
consoles and the AI provides as much challenge as you dial in. I'm pretty much up to speed on this now and plan to
get in the Race Dept. online stuff soon.

OK...it' official. Game Stock Car has ruined GT6 for me. The last 3 weeks, the only time I've been on there is for the
weekly racing on Saturdays with some friends. I wish I'd gone to PC sims sooner. The depth and feel of the FFB crushes
consoles and the AI provides as much challenge as you dial in. I'm pretty much up to speed on this now and plan to
get in the Race Dept. online stuff soon.

I remember winning my first race a few months ago actually felt much more satisfying. I've been racing the AI with it set at between 90-95%. I need to get the time to try it soon with my new Thrustmaster wheel, pedals, and shifter and rock solid Next Level wheel stand. It will be interesting to see how Project Cars (PS4 for me) stands up against this shortly.

2.png

3.png
1.png

2i1cp6d.jpg

Here is part of a fascinating interview that Patrick Giranthon (track creator supreme) of Race Department did with Renato Simione from Reiza Studios. References to other sims and how Stock Car Extreme and their other sims will evolve.

The rest of the interview can be found at the following link.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...eme-extensive-renato-simioni-interview.99552/

mr18-game-stock-car-extreme-jpg.78735

Patrick Giranthon sat down with Reiza Studios' Renato Simioni for an interview including some exclusive pictures and news about what is coming up next for the popular PC racing simulator.

After three major updates of Game Stock Car, GSC2013 changes his name for "GSCExtreme".
Can you tell us more about this new name and describe why did you decide to extend your support to GSC?

Once we decided somewhere early on 2014 that we´d build on GSC2013, adding new features and content, it made sense to lose the "2013" tag. The "Extreme" comes from our long time partners Extreme Racing, who produce sim racing gear and with whom wehave stablished a close relationship.

game-stock-extreme-preview-1-jpg.78736

Simulation world is more and more competitive and business oriented. How do you position Reiza among all these new games coming on the market? Are you "afraid" of the new titles proposed?

It´s a great time for PC simracing with all the strong new titles that have come out in the past couple of years, and the continuing support of others that were already out there. It´s a return to the glorious early days of the mid to late 90s, when you had Papyrus, Microprose and ISI all delivering great sims, and a big jump from the relative drought of mid-to-late 00s. I think it benefits the genre as a whole because if you look at the console market, realistic racers have a very large appeal there with the GT and Forza series being one of the main titles in their respective platforms. PC sims have a tiny fraction of that market for variousreasons, but I believe that with the influx of these new gen PC sims, more console racers are becoming aware of the PC sim racing scene as a whole and some ofthem are making the move as they becomemore serious about their simracing. The graphics in some of the new PC games are truly great, just as good if not better than the top console racers, they have several biglicenses which is a big pull and unlike the old days, the driving experience is not that much harder, on the contrary - new PC sims address the fallacy that simulators have to be frustratingly difficult by nature. As they evolve, the physics in PC racing sims are becoming not only more advanced, but more intuitive and engaging because of that extra sophistication, relative to the console racers.

While it´s unlikely that PC games will ever come close to the figures of console racers, there is more awareness for the PC sims these days, and these big new titles end up bringing attention to the smaller ones as well. There might not be a market for all the PC racing sim developers on the long run, but I believe the good ones will thrive.

As for being "afraid", it´s a funny thought because I´m a simracer first and foremost, so whenever I go try one of the new titles or big updates, I go in at the same time excited for it but dreading that will make such a big leap that it will make everything else and our own stuff redundant. It has been like that for years now, yet I always end up happy to go back to our stuff and still nothing satifies me more - if anything, as we evolve ourselves I have a harder time driving anything other than our sims for more than a few laps. While that remains being the case I believe we will have our space.

game-stock-extreme-preview-2-jpg.78737

You have promised a lot of new content for GSC in the future. Few weeks ago you announced the new features coming : endurance car, superkart, dynamic weather, new transmission model, etc., as if the possibilties for GSCE were nearly without limits. How far will you push these limitsand can you give us some details about thecrowd funding system you will use to workon them?

We pulled out of launching a crowdfunding campaign in 2014 because of the uncertainties we still had about how far we could and were willing to go in the current platform, and also because moving to Steam and a couple of other new ventures ended up getting priority, it wouldnt have been wise to take money from the community under those circunstances. It´s likely we´ll do something with the community to boost funding in the near future though. We still have some new content to come out and some new features to add over the next couple of months which will boost GSC & FTruck considerably. While the graphics engineis no doubt showing its age, I believe it still does the job andwith all thenew stuff coming up, GSC willretain and hopefully expand its reputation as one of the main sims out there.

Looking on Steam, it looks like both Formula Truck and GSC are set for release this month on Steam, with Formula Truck being released tomorrow!

Looking on Steam, it looks like both Formula Truck and GSC are set for release this month on Steam, with Formula Truck being released tomorrow!

Yes, the only thing to check is whether we can still have multiple versions of the game on the same PC by changing your GSCE key for a steam key. I have one installation for testing mods and one with selected working mods. Does anyone know?

Reiza Studios comms

GSC Extreme v1.25 is out - now also on Steam!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/273840

Steam Release Info

If you already own it you may now switch your Serial Number for a Steam key from the official GSC Extreme website:

http://game-stockcar.com.br/steam-key/?lang=en

This is valid for purchases made from release until February 9th 2015. New non-Steam purchases will NO LONGER warrant Steam keys.

Existing NonSteam installs will continue to work even if you do switch your Serial Number for a Steam key, but you will not be able to use the Serial Number again for an install in a fresh system.

Moving to Steam is recommended, but not required. Just like in this release, the plan is to continue updating both versions simultaneously. If you do prefer to keep multiple installs of the game for mods, be advised that for now is not possible with Steam.

INSTALLATION (Non-Steam users):

Update to v1.25 by running GSC Sync.

Main changelog for v1.25:

Content

Cars:
  • Added Metalmoro MR18 Prototype series
  • Added GX390 rental karts to KARTS series
Tracks:
  • Added Johannesburg Historic
  • Added Ortona kart track (4 layouts)
  • Updated Goiânia to post-2014 reform
Features & fixes:

• Extensive audio revision from new onboard & trackside recordings bring updated sounds to all cars;
  • Tyre physics updates for all cars further improving lateral / longitudinal force combining;
  • LOD optimization to F-Vee, F-V12 & F-Retro in attempt to minimize stuttering, plus other LOD adjustments for all cars for consistency;
  • Adjusted terrain properties (road, curbs, grass & gravel);
  • The hard compound for the F-Extreme & F-Reiza now has its proper orange Pirelli sidewall label;
  • Corrected bug with corrupted textures in the F-Vee cockpit when running graphics detail lower than max;
  • Corrected bug with Spielberg & Buenos Aires corrupted textures when running graphics detail lower than max;
  • Fixed garage placements at Spielberg Historic;
  • Removed exit sausage curbs at Londrina & Cascavel as per their 2014 updates;
  • Texture updates for Santa Cruz do Sul;
  • Advertising adjustments in various tracks..

Known issues:

Several code-related issues reported from v1.21 are still present in this build, as the code is going through a rewrite which has not been completed in time for v1.25. For that reason v1.25 has the following known issues:
  • Bug in the scoring in championship mode for all series;
  • F-Extreme can occasionally disappear when hitting 8th gear in multiplayer;
  • F-Extreme & F-Reiza tyre restrictions are not applying in pitstops.

Among other minor issues which are known and will be addressed in the coming weeks, along with the adittion of other features previously expected for v1.25.

Please direct your bug reports on v1.25 to this thread.

If you already own and enjoy GSC Extreme, help us share the word by posting your review on Steam!http://store.steampowered.com/app/273840

For issues installing / running / setting up GSCE, please refer to our FAQ first before posting.

That's great. Will probably make me try this out again. I was way behind on updates and Steam will make it simple. :)

JvM
That's great. Will probably make me try this out again. I was way behind on updates and Steam will make it simple. :)

If you go for the new Steam key version you can keep your old installs and still update those using the GSC Sync program. I have two installations of the game. One is for mod/track testing before installation so it will be good to be able to keep those up to date. The Steam version currently only allows one installation using that key. Both the Steam and GSC Sync versions will be fully supported and updated by Reiza and can both have track/car mods added.

Is it a few dollars more expensive on Steam? I thought it was $29.99 on Reizas site? On Steam it's $32.99. Regardless, I'll be picking this up. :)

Is it a few dollars more expensive on Steam? I thought it was $29.99 on Reizas site? On Steam it's $32.99. Regardless, I'll be picking this up. :)

I paid 29.99 US dollars which was around 18 pounds UK last year direct from Reiza. It's £22.99 uk in the Steam store right now which is around 35 dollars at today's exchange rates. The price Reiza quote from the Steam link from their site is 29.99 US dollars so drop them an email as they may not be aware of the mismatch.

Been looking at this sim for a while now, reading reviews and watching vids...seems like £22.99 is a bargain for what we are getting, gonna buy and download from Steam at the weekend...going to have plenty of new tracks to learn!

Back