Gran Turismo 5 Update V2.14 [OP UPDATED 07/17]

• Thread starter Lock2Lock
  • 206 comments
Some of my cars I renamed reset. Some of my experimental cars are still weird such as my S13 (Bouncy Suspension, HP Modded).

Tough decision for me whether to update.

The first patch to wipe the hybrids was damaging to me because I was not interested in the stupid 4 million HP cars, I just wanted to de-wing some cars and bring real world power levels to them.

At least I could still resort to the hidden parts which have brought so much fun, expansion and realistic power numbers to well over 100 cars in my garage, and now that's gone, I don't know if I can do the update. The only thing I do offline is use hidden part cars in custom races with the secret menu, and it turns the game into something that it should have been 2-3 damn years ago. It gave the cars so much more character, without them the game is so lifeless and boring.

But well done for keeping the millions of HP cars PD, good going 👎:grumpy:

So.... Hidden parts are gone? Of course... The only reasonable things that had been in GT3 and GT4 are gone.... Woo

I wish I had known before I did the update. If 2.12 wasn't bad enough now they patch parts that are in the game they just didn't see fit to put in the game. All of my cars revert once you click on them. Never broke the rules using them in TT. I did use a few in seasonals but were at the correct PP limit. I am seriously considering canceling my pre-order of GT6. As far as I'm concerned PD can get 🤬

Pro__Tunes
does car borrow glitch still work

jgancherjr
Yep, my buddy just got a car from me 👍
Ok, thanks jgancherjr for confirming this. I will add it to the OP tonight.
Racin510s
I wish I had known before I did the update. If 2.12 wasn't bad enough now they patch parts that are in the game they just didn't see fit to put in the game. All of my cars revert once you click on them. Never broke the rules using them in TT. I did use a few in seasonals but were at the correct PP limit. I am seriously considering canceling my pre-order of GT6. As far as I'm concerned PD can get 🤬

One thing you got to remember, no matter if you or anyone did the Seasonal Events, it is against the ToS. PD may want to allow you to do this deep down, but they cannot allow it to happen because of the ToS.

You can put the blame on PD or Sony if you want, but it isn't all their fault. They have obligations to follow.

Some of these parts are in the game, we just can't apply them to any car we want to. Some of these parts like the tires, those are still in the game, but they are applied to the cars by default, instead of us choosing which type of tire we want on our cars. Same goes for the other parts.

It was fun while it lasted, I enjoyed it as much as you did. I knew this update would eventually come. Last night I was upset about it too, but as I think about it now, it will make the game brand new once again. Using the cars the way they were is a new experience too me. Having to learn how the cars react without some of these parts is going to be a challenge again. It just makes me want to play the game more.
Not all may feel the same though.

Ive been in 4 online rooms today and sofar i cant leave them without freezing at the silver GT logo.
These where hours apart and after a router reset so this 2.14 hasnt gone well for me :( besides the hacked tires is all i care about.

Geez. I just checked in with the hope that PD came to their senses and added the hidden stuff in and allowed for more adjustability to negate "hacking". Apparently, they are still on the witch hunt.

I'm still happily enjoying 2.11. I miss online, but not enough to lose the cool cars I have. Plus, just like prologue, GT5 servers will go down eventually and then no one will have online.

GT6? Meh...looks like GT5.5 to me. Actually, It looks like a FINISHED GT5 to me. A lot of what was highlighted was just fixes to current features. All things come to an end.

Don't have issues online so far, just did 30 laps solo race in Deadnuts lounge - breaking in a new car, tried to have Cape Ring South in the snow, only the tire restriction works, I have to use snow tire but no snow :(

💡 I hope when PD says 'more customisation options' for GT6, they mean that some of these hidden parts are available legitimately :nervous:

Snorevette
Repainting unpaintable cars is still possible, by the way.

I tried putting the 5727cc paint on my x1 it showed I had the paint on there but it wouldn't show up it was default x1 color

I tried putting the 5727cc paint on my x1 it showed I had the paint on there but it wouldn't show up it was default x1 color

X1 can't be painted (except 5g). There's a thread under hybriding in Gran turismo series for paintable and non-paintable cars.

DCybertron
X1 can't be painted (except 5g). There's a thread under hybriding in Gran turismo series for paintable and non-paintable cars.

Ok well I tried my challenger srt8 '08 gold and I went back to gt5 and its was gold but I went to gt auto to change oil and it was back to orange

Ok well I tried my challenger srt8 '08 gold and I went back to gt5 and its was gold but I went to gt auto to change oil and it was back to orange

If won't work if you paint your current car. Switch to a different car and paint the car you wanted to paint (for example, your Challenger).

Ohh ok ill try that

Once you've painted the car, switch to the car and go to GT Auto and make a modification to the car (car wash, oil change, or wheels, etc.) Once you've done that, go to your garage and "create thumbnail" for the car. Exit your garage and go back in the garage, and the thumbnail should now be updated, and the paint should now stay on the car. ;)👍

Repainting unpaintable cars is still possible, by the way.

Once you've painted the car, switch to the car and go to GT Auto and make a modification to the car (car wash, oil change, or wheels, etc.) Once you've done that, go to your garage and "create thumbnail" for the car. Exit your garage and go back in the garage, and the thumbnail should now be updated, and the paint should now stay on the car. ;)👍

Thanks you guys for confirming this.
I appreciate you helping out. Thanks ZDUPH for offering extra help too.

I am updating the OP right now.

ZDUPH
Not a problem Lock. Anything to help out a fellow GTP'er or two. :cheers:
Thanks again.
Did you say that the weather glitch doesn't work anymore too?

I assume by your posts in the "Hybrid Trading" thread that HP multiplier still is working like it was before this last update?

Thanks again.

I assume by your posts in the "Hybrid Trading" thread that HP multiplier still is working like it was before this last update?

Affirmative, hybridding is unaffected by the 2.14 Update. Hidden parts seem to be the only thing that was killed off by the update.
I'm unsure about the weather glitch, as I've never tried it. :guilty:

ZDUPH
Affirmative, hybridding is unaffected by the 2.14 Update. Hidden parts seem to be the only thing that was killed off by the update.
I'm unsure about the weather glitch, as I've never tried it. :guilty:

Ok thank you. I will add that to the OP.
I will try the weather glitch when I get online. Also I got to add one more thing to the OP that I keep forgetting to add.

Thanks again.

05823DB1-59CE-473E-A03B-88162D7C3C1E-2256-00000253AEBA2C16.jpg

69F5BFF3-3BEE-4224-88D2-BDB8F0084462-2256-00000253C2276F97.jpg

All good..

Latest Posts

Back