Gran Turismo 5 Update V2.14 [OP UPDATED 07/17]

• Thread starter Lock2Lock
  • 206 comments
Thank you very much. That is great news. Adding to the OP.

Also when will you be online? I will be hoping on in about 15 minutes.

I'm on now, deleted someone also so you should have no trouble sending a friend request.

I see PD try spoil all fun before GT6 is out. :lol:
Luckily there is still much doable things...

I ment for PD to do..for patch, yes that I tryed to say :D

Last edited:
Switching between menu items is SOOOO BLOODY SLOWWWW since update. Time to go make a coffee, a piece of toast and sit down to scratch yourself between just about every switch you make now.

Switching between menu items is SOOOO BLOODY SLOWWWW since update. Time to go make a coffee, a piece of toast and sit down to scratch yourself between just about every switch you make now.

Might read War and Peace a few times while you're at it. :lol:

So this update seems quite "friendly" to people just looking to add some life to their game(with the exception of hidden parts)

So this update seems quite "friendly" to people just looking to add some life to their game(with the exception of hidden parts)

It doesn't really...hidden parts and such had added life to a game that was stale and half complete, only seasonals and such had given it a reasonable amount of content to go part way to bringing that up to being reasonably complete in terms of quantity of content.

Hybrids gave us what we should have had in the first place... PD better learn from that. Not every hybrid is a "bad" hybrid ("Bad" meaning cars with several thousand more HP than normal or negative performance points)

PD better learn from that. Not every hybrid is a "bad" hybrid ("Bad" meaning cars with several thousand more HP than normal or negative performance points)

But it seems to me PD don't know much about the modding that goes on, they needed 3 attempts and 7 months to remove the modded cars and it's still not done properly as the cars with several thousand HP and negative performance points remain unaffected in 2.14, just like 2.12 and 2.13 it didn't touch them. PD locked part swaps but if you put FFFFFF into the line of any part it doesn't reset that so the insanely glitched HP crap is the only modding that remains. And the stupid slamming of course, and the DLC theft is extremely easy since 2.12 'fixed' body swaps...

frenzal
It doesn't really...hidden parts and such had added life to a game that was stale and half complete, only seasonals and such had given it a reasonable amount of content to go part way to bringing that up to being reasonably complete in terms of quantity of content.

CallmeDan
Hybrids gave us what we should have had in the first place... PD better learn from that. Not every hybrid is a "bad" hybrid ("Bad" meaning cars with several thousand more HP than normal or negative performance points)
I agree with you two, but I also understand why they did this too, which I respect. Sure it is took a lot of life and fun from the game, but at the same time you have to understand why they couldn't let this happen.

I had spent a lot of time testing things like the hidden tires, clutch plates, ect. I had figured out why the hidden tires were not available, which brought new light to how the tire model worked. The hidden tires provided many people with this knowledge.

Even though the tires and these parts are gone now, I do not think it was time wasted.

Just like that thread talking about PD/Sony letting the hybriding happen, we all knew it was going to be patched. It was inevitable. Something they had to do.

If the game was offline only, it wouldn't be patched (pretty much obvious). Once you factor in the Sony and PD online ToS, that's when this starts to become a problem. I am just glad that I was able to see and be apart of this.
GranTurismo916
Is the rain glitch patched?

I need to read the OP more often. :sly:

All good man. I wanted to gather up and put everything in the OP so it would save everyone time and not have to search through pages to find answers. Figured that would be easier.

frenzal
Yeah that's one of those hit or miss things. It happens on and off with every update. Probably the next one will fix that problem for you.

You can try to clear your cashe in the GT5 options menu, and in the PS3 internet browser (believe it or not it actually will affect the game).

If that doesn't work, I can give you one more thing that might help. Just let me know if that works.
C53A 4G63T
Reverted back to 2.11. I don't play online anyway and I will take the loss of the seasonals I suppose. It's either that or I just stop playing.

I will go back to v2.11 after GT6 comes out. It will be a cool thing to play once in a while.

Last edited:
I just wish they would be more vocal about what they are doing instead of acting like smart***es saying "We're fixing minor issues." Why can't they just talk to their fanbase? PR groups?!

Mr Shakotan
How did you do that? If you dont mind me asking

1. Delete your GT5 game data in "Game Data Utility". This will take a couple minutes.
2. Start GT5, then download and install the updates till it starts v2.12.
3. After v2.12 begins downloading exit out of it by pressing circle.
4. Start GT5 again, then press circle when prompted to start the updates.
Note when doing this, you will be unable to access online features of the game.

Yeah I stayed offline for a while but a friend needed a ruff so I updated to send him a car but i miss my hacked cars and wish to go back to 2.11. Thanks a bunch :)

Mr Shakotan
Yeah I stayed offline for a while but a friend needed a ruff so I updated to send him a car but i miss my hacked cars and wish to go back to 2.11. Thanks a bunch :)

No problem man. Let me know if you have any questions when you do the downgrade.

How did you do that? If you dont mind me asking

For me when I reinstalled the patches, it did not tell me which one it was doing. It stated 24 patches needed to be reinstalled, so I figured 2.11 would be the 21st patch. So when it finished installing the 21st patch and started downloading the 22nd, I canceled the update process. I turned my internet connection off so I wouldn't accidentally update when the game started.

Also note that if you start a new game, I have no idea how you could activate the DLC. So I would keep your old save game.

For me when I reinstalled the patches, it did not tell me which one it was doing. It stated 24 patches needed to be reinstalled, so I figured 2.11 would be the 21st patch. So when it finished installing the 21st patch and started downloading the 22nd, I canceled the update process. I turned my internet connection off so I wouldn't accidentally update when the game started.

Also note that if you start a new game, I have no idea how you could activate the DLC. So I would keep your old save game.

Thanks you i will keep a eye on that i was just about to start it

It worked for me thanks guys. Now i need figure out how to access the S**r*t menu to set my offline arcade races up and I can enjoy my cars playing all by myself. Thanks again Guys :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It worked for me thanks guys. Now i need figure out how to access the S**r*t menu to set my offline arcade races up and I can enjoy my cars playing all by myself. Thanks again Guys :)

"Secret" isn't a bad word here on GTP... well at least I hope it isn't.

Latest Posts

Back