Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.06)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 68 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
Gran Turismo 7 Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For every update released, there is the potential for changes not listed in the initial patch notes. Please report any undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible, either through videos or images.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are discussed here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs & Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png

Documented Changes

Main Features Implemented​

1. Race Display
 - Added wind direction and wind speed indicators. An arrow (wind direction) and number (wind speed) will be displayed on the upper right of the screen under the Track Map.

2. Music Replay
 - Added 64 music tracks.

Other Improvements and Adjustments​

1. Progression blocks and application errors
 - Fixed a very rare issue wherein progress made on a Menu Book would not be recognised and prevented players to continue their playthrough;
 - Fixed an issue wherein an application error would occur when using the broadcast features of the PlayStation®4 system;
 - Fixed an issue wherein an application error would occur when 'Shoot' is selected in 'Race Photo' during a replay displayed in 4K on the PlayStation®4 Pro system and with the aspect ratio set to 16:9;
 - Fixed an issue wherein an application error would occur when 'License Plate' is selected in 'GT Auto' under [Car Customisation] > [Other], while progressing Menu Book No. 20, 'Show Your Custom Wing.'

2. World Circuits
 - Fixed an issue wherein the actual time of day in a 'Custom Race' of some tracks would not match the selection made in [Time / Weather Settings] > [Timeframe];
 - Fixed an issue with the Sector 2's Bronze target time in the 'Circuit Experience' of the 'Willow Springs Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs' track that made the Bronze prize unachievable;
 - Fixed an issue wherein it was possible to choose cars without dirt tyres installed from the [Settings] > [Change Car] of the Quick Menu during a 'Time Trial' and 'Drift Trial' on Dirt tracks;
 - Fixed an issue with the weather for all race events;
 - The Overtake function for the Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Honda '19 has been disabled in the Licence test 'S-7' (One Lap Time Attack) within the 'Licence' pavilion. (The ranking boards have been reset.)

3. GT Auto
 - Fixed an issue wherein the racing suit would not be displayed in 'Driving Gear' under certain conditions;
 - Deleted the 'Duplicate on Opposite Side' and 'Duplicate Symmetrically' menu items from the 'Layer Controls' of the left and right arms while editing Racing Suit Livery;
 - Fixed an issue wherein work results would not be applied in 'Car Maintenance & Service' if the work is selected by moving the cursor with the Left stick.

4. Car Settings
 - Fixed an issue wherein the Setting Sheet would become blank, and the setting content could not be saved. With this fix, the blank setting sheets will remain but you will be able to delete these normally. This will also fix the progression blockers encountered when the Menu Book tasks involved Car Settings;
 - Fixed an issue wherein a car would return to its original wheels if the Setting Sheet was modified while a non-standard wheel was equipped;
 - Fixed an issue wherein the 'Top Speed (Automatically Adjusted)' would not adjust properly when a Fully Customisable transmission was installed;
 - Fixed an issue wherein the speeds displayed under Rotational G's were incorrect;
 - Fixed an issue wherein adding a new Setting Sheet for a car where the engine was swapped would not carry that information over the new sheets. The engine swap will now be applied to all Setting Sheets.

5. Showcase & My Page
 - Fixed an issue within 'Showcase' wherein the 2nd page and beyond would not be displayed properly if the number of items in 'My Items' and 'Collection' exceeded 100;
 - Fixed an issue within 'Gallery' wherein the 2nd page and beyond would not be displayed properly if the number of items in 'My Page' exceeded 100 items.

6. Brand Central
 - Fixed an issue wherein an Invitation icon would appear in the 'Showroom' of manufacturers even when the player did not have an invitation.

7. Replay
 - Fixed an issue wherein the Replays and Demo Replays would not play all the way until the end.

8. Multiplayer
 - Fixed an issue wherein the 'Assist Settings' would reset after joining a location and quitting without entering a race;
 - Fixed an issue wherein the weather and time set by the host would not reflect correctly for the other players in the room.

9. Options
 - Changed the 'Flash and Toggle High/Low Beams' function assigned to the default button of the DUALSHOCK®4 and DualSense™ wireless controllers to 'Flash High Beams'. If the button had been remapped previously, selecting the 'Restore Default Settings' will apply the change;
 - Fixed an issue wherein the BGM would not play during Music Replay if the [Sound Volume] > [Menu BGM] volume level was set to 0;
 - Fixed an issue wherein the changes to the exposure value in the ‘Exposure and Saturation’ settings made when starting the game for the first time would not be reflected in the preview screen.

10. Steering Controller
 - Fixed an issue wherein the Thrustmaster TH8A shifter would not operate properly when connected to the USB. Please note that the PlayStation®5 console is not compatible with this USB connection. The shifter can be used by connecting it directly to the steering wheel base using a 'DIN-to-DIN' cable.

11. Others
 - Fixed an issue wherein clearing all licence tests on wet surfaces would not award the Bronze trophy ‘Rain Royalty.’ Players who have already cleared the relevant tests can acquire the trophy by clearing the tests again;
 - The Race Demo displayed during Auto Demos has been changed to a Music Replay;
 - Various other issues have been addressed.

Undocumented Changes
  • A "back" button prompt has been added to the home screen.
  • Tire Smoke has been adjusted
  • Storm Drains have been added to Tokyo Expressway.
  • An issue with jumps that would cause unstable landing on the Rally Tracks have been fixed.
  • Performance has been improved on the PS4 Pro
  • An issue where times in "Mission Challenge" wouldn't update has been fixed.
  • The exposure slider for "HDR adjustment" has been fixed.
  • The following paint colors have been reassigned: Championship White - Honda, McLaren Orange - McLaren and Gran Turismo Silver - Gran Turismo

Last edited:
Well folks, new game and new thread. You know the drill: Read the official patch notes and make sure what you find is not already listed in there. As I don't have the game yet, I cannot confirm anything so I'm gonna need as much proof as possible for these changes (Pictures or videos). Also remember where to have your discussions about various things as mentioned in the first post.

Post away.

Last edited:
I have reports the smoke has been downgraded but the person on reddit did not say what version they were on. I Just spent a good hour on offline mode checking out the particle effects on the PS4 base version so I can confirm or deny it once the update copys.. Two mins to download.. 15 mins to copy..

Last edited:
I have reports the smoke has been downgraded but the person on reddit did not say what version they were on. I Just spent a good hour on offline mode checking out the particle effects on the PS4 base version so I can confirm or deny it once the update copys.. Two mins to download.. 15 mins to copy..
Smoke seems unchanged on PS5 went to the BRZ drift mission challenge to test and it still looks as thick as before and lots of it still

Edit: seems gameplay smoke might be bugged because sometimes it fine and sometimes it’s not

Last edited:
Smoke seems to trigger much later now , You have to heat the tires up but it is still as thick as it was, Just tested it with the mini cooper I was hooning with offline. Shame they have not patched the broken grass texture on deep forest.

Landing physics in rally stages have been fixed, cars no longer bounce off the ground unrealistically. Confirmed after several consecutive laps/jumps around Fisherman's Ranch in the 86 Gr.B car.
Oh wow - I just did the track experience thingy there yesterday and it was so frustrating 😂 Should have waited just one day...

Welp , They some how broke sparks . They don't show up in third person unless you look behind you and spazz out in replays .
Dang It PD.
Edit : You can see the old sparks in replay mode in third person as proof .

Last edited:
It's less realistic though. Wish they kept it in the replays at least...
Odd , You can see blinding smoke and sparks in replays but not in game any more. Seems like a global design choice but is looks worse . I bet they did it to improve visability in rain which was too much In my opinion.

Last edited:
The Clubman Cup + on tokyo is litteraly now a chase the rabbit . Before the Two front cars were fast and the third car was a bit slower , now I finished 11 seconds ahead of third and a second behind first. If they touched the high speed ring one I will stop playing . Why do you insist on this Kaz and PD? I had fun doing those events . We ALL love the chili pepper events , but Noooo PD knows best.
Edit: The other clubman races seem untouched. I think it is a mistake.

Last edited:
The Clubman Cup + on tokyo is litteraly now a chase the rabbit . Before the Two front cars were fast and the third car was a bit slower , now I finished 11 seconds ahead of third and a second behind first. If they touched the high speed ring one I will stop playing . Why do you insist on this Kaz and PD? I had fun doing those events . We ALL love the chili pepper events , but Noooo PD knows best.
Edit: The other clubman races seem untouched. I think it is a mistake.
How many races have a standing start in career mode (before update) ?

Well I did a youtube search and it has always been a rolling start.. I swear it was a standing start.. I did that race a few dozen times. I must be going crazy.
Also Watching the videos made me realize that tokyo expressway had no drain grates , it now does. I remember some guy saying they were removed in GT sport when the track got rain.Seems they are back. You can even see there are none in the time trial pictures , they are back now

Attachments

• 16469104469302075287384.jpg
    16469104469302075287384.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
"Fixed an issue with the weather for all race events"

Hopefully it no longer rains in every. Single. Event. And the cars are actually drivable in the rain. I haven't tested this yet.

I'm noticing some performance improvements in certain areas on the PS4 Slim (base console). Loading times are roughly the same, but some of the menu and reward screen transitions seem to be slicker than they were on launch.

Last edited:
Back