GT Academy 2012 (EU) General Discussion

• Thread starter Manuelos
  • 1,584 comments
Hi Guys!

First of all I would like to congrat all the competitors and Dessy.
I know what people are saying about my "experiences". Let me tell you the truth :)

I started karting at 6 years old (indoor) to my 12 and then stopped, no money anymore, never done one single national championship.

After that, when I passed my Driving licence, between my 18years et now (25) I did 6 track days and 1 little "race" in a club, not an official race, no licence was required.

Track days I did were opened to everybody, only for the lmpc I had to buy a C-Licence (under the B lol) without any test, just for the assurance. I did only 8 laps..............

On each trackdays and even more in the lmpc I never drove a lot and was alone, no one to teach me something.

If for you 6 trackdays in 7 years of time means that I was already a racing driver... We don't have the same definition.

If everything is on internet it's because I was trying to find sponsors, I'm not rich, I worked hard and didn't take holidays only to enjoy myself few times in a car.... Less than one time per year.

During that week I learned hundred times more than during my trackdays.... A lot of the competitors had trackdays behind them and one of the 6 finalists a lot more (Don't want to say who because it doesn't mather anymore)

The rules are clear, no A Licence, no contract with a team or a manager and never done more than 2 national championships. I am totally in the regulation.

Now I'm going to do my best to perform as well as possible and to prove that Gt academy made the right deicison.

Bye

Wolf

Whatever Wolf, you have to admit though surely you see that people are bound to feel cheated aren't they? They rammed this bedroom gamer to reality concept down our throats for years and its not true. When I first tried to enter I didn't know if I was good enough or not so I thought let's at least try, but if I'd have known then that I'd have been up against people with real racing car driving experience there's no way I would've entered.
I was dreading ever making it to Silverstone, it doesn't stop you trying your hardest but there was a risk of losing my job.
These are big decisions that people have to make.
A lot of people aren't thinking very cleverly about this.
To actually deliver the win I am sure is difficult indeed but so many people wouldn't have entered and committed like they did if they'd have known.

Congratulations Wolff.

Hope to see you racing at Zolder in the future 👍

And for the track days with the racing cars. Everyone knows it's expensive. So if you put money in that, why shouldn't you be allowed to use that to your advantage. I know that, if I had the money, I would try to do the same. But a lot more things to spend money on first.

Maybe we should have a max income limit as well, to keep the playing field level. 💡:dunce:

Whatever Wolf, you have to admit though surely you see that people are bound to feel cheated aren't they? They rammed this bedroom gamer to reality concept down our throats for years and its not true. When I first tried to enter I didn't know if I was good enough or not so I thought let's at least try, but if I'd have known then that I'd have been up against people with real racing car driving experience there's no way I would've entered.

You do know he's not the first or only person to have real experience, right? :odd:

Everyone knows it's expensive.
So if you put money in that, why shouldn't you be allowed to use that to your advantage.
Maybe we should have a max income limit as well, to keep the playing field level. 💡:dunce:
:boggled:
Let's also have a (minimum) weight limit. Lighter driver = unfair advantage!

Hi Guys!

The rules are clear, no A Licence, no contract with a team or a manager and never done more than 2 national championships. I am totally in the regulation.

Now I'm going to do my best to perform as well as possible and to prove that Gt academy made the right deicison.

Bye

Wolf
Rules are rules. You have a good time Wolf good luck.

You do know he's not the first or only person to have real experience, right? :odd:

Yes Turbo I believe they did forget. Though alot of people are guessing that he has more for the fact that he tested in a LMPC car. If only half the people knew who are GTP members they'll be shocked how many of us have real track time. I myself know of 45 GTP members that have real track time. Some of us get on the track three times a month. Is that cheating for us?

Someone who not gonna compete anymore just because some dude had a little real racing time, deserve to be called a loser.

Sim is always much more superior practice tool compare to real for pros, it has been used in F1 team, and some pros used it and with success. By example you can't really be good at Silverstone track when you'd racing real car in Paul Richard track.

In the previous GTA there a some guy who have little to no real racing experience yet they beat those who have raced for real.

magsolid
Someone who not gonna compete anymore just because some dude had a little real racing time, deserve to be called a loser.

Sim is always much more superior practice tool compare to real for pros, it has been used in F1 team, and some pros used it and with success. By example you can't really be good at Silverstone track when you'd racing real car in Paul Richard track.

In the previous GTA there a some guy who have little to no real racing experience yet they beat those who have raced for real.

You ever even raced/driven a car on the track? I doubt it. You learn 100 times more than on a game, F1 drivers just use simulators as a guide to refresh their memory before they go to the track, they don't use them to learn the track inside out...

Hi Guys!

I know what people are saying about my "experiences". Let me tell you the truth :)

I started karting at 6 years old (indoor) to my 12 and then stopped, no money anymore, never done one single national championship.

After that, when I passed my Driving licence, between my 18years et now (25) I did 6 track days and 1 little "race" in a club, not an official race, no licence was required.

Track days I did were opened to everybody, only for the lmpc I had to buy a C-Licence (under the B lol) without any test, just for the assurance. I did only 8 laps..............

On each trackdays and even more in the lmpc I never drove a lot and was alone, no one to teach me something.

If for you 6 trackdays in 7 years of time means that I was already a racing driver... We don't have the same definition.

If everything is on internet it's because I was trying to find sponsors, I'm not rich, I worked hard and didn't take holidays only to enjoy myself few times in a car.... Less than one time per year.

During that week I learned hundred times more than during my trackdays.... A lot of the competitors had trackdays behind them and one of the 6 finalists a lot more (Don't want to say who because it doesn't mather anymore)

Bye

Wolf

And good luck with that. Ignore the haters. I will root for you if you happen to race on Spa or Zolder.

“Race Camp has been really good. I am extremely impressed by the organisation and all that the competitors have done.” commented Benelux mentor Bas Leinders. “In the end, this was a very tough decision. In the race there were two guys who did a great job. The Italian, Andrea, started from the back of the grid but got a good start and was quickly up to second and challenging. For ‘Wolf’, it was hard to start from pole in the wet, but he was able to pull away until the last lap. Both have real potential and everyone felt they both deserve the chance to be racing.

“However, we had to make a decision, and the logical choice was the guy who had qualified on pole and won the race. I feel really strongly about this guy. He is top notch and can really do it. In the deliberation I put my reputation on the line arguing his case.”

Final race at Silverstone:
532_GT_Academy_Race_Camp_2012_DG_Day8.jpg

Hi Guys!

Welcome here at GTP Wolgang, and congratulations on your deserved win! 👍

Ignore the haters and conspiracy-theorists, according to them the 2011 Academy was rigged because supposedly some drivers had better cars than others (just don't mention this rumor only came into existence because one of the drivers failed to acknowledge his own mistakes, but rather blame his equipment ;)), this year was rigged because you are apparently Michael Schumacher in disguise (again, completely debunked), and I'm sure they'll find something else (completely ridiculous) next year. :lol:

Again, congratulations! 👍

Welcome here at GTP Wolgang, and congratulations on your deserved win! 👍

Ignore the haters and conspiracy-theorists, according to them the 2011 Academy was rigged because supposedly some drivers had better cars than others (just don't mention this rumor only came into existence because one of the drivers failed to acknowledge his own mistakes, but rather blame his equipment ;)), this year was rigged because you are apparently Michael Schumacher in disguise (again, completely debunked), and I'm sure they'll find something else (completely ridiculous) next year. :lol:

Again, congratulations! 👍

someone sayed it can be rigged :-)
if you would searching on youtube for the GTA 2011 finals video, u will see that the jurry is hoping much more for Jann then to Titech :indiff:, i for myself have the feeling that the jurry dont wanted that titech win this. but about that i dont want discusse.

i awnser to your coment cause i think that you are meaning me with the blame equipment, reight ??
if u will go many sites back, u would see that an other National Finalist from my country said the same, agreed with me. on the pictures u can see to that austria get a very old equipment. i think i dont must defend me here.

the discussion about an unfair situation in GTA i write down also befor Silverstone has started! go many sites back and you will find it!

why do you think we are haters ?
we are discusse the rules and not more, we wish wolfgang all the best (an top gamer & top driver)!

GTP_Rutter, TRP_Noss, GTP_CICO was all on the same level in game, but i think the havent any chance cause they havent that real practice, thats sad and must be discussed, to bring GT Academy rules on a fair level !

WOLFFFIIEEEE!!

Was good fun with you and all the other guys I have met last week!
Very proud of you for making it, I know how hard you have tried over several years to reach this and put a lot of effort, time and money into becoming a racing driver.
You deserved the win very consistent and fast!

All the BS about being rigged.... No words for it.

PS, I haven't forgotten about the cheeseburger :D!

WOLFFFIIEEEE!!

Very proud of you for making it, I know how hard you have tried over several years to reach this and put a lot of effort, time and money into becoming a racing driver.

I'm really interested in this cheeseburger comment!! You offering them out Cico :D?

GTP_CICO
WOLFFFIIEEEE!!

Nobody said it's rigged....

Okay if having a real driving experience means you will win it all, then how come Lucas Ordonnez beats those in European GT4 ( real racing series ) who have 10 years or more real experience then he in the big car ((( not Go-Kart ))).

And Jann outscored that 60 years old racer who have raced for like so many years in British GT?

Calling Wolfgang highly super experienced real racer with only just 8 laps driven in a car. That cannot even compare to the GT Academy Silverstone race camp.

Last edited:
magsolid
Okay if having a real driving experience means you will win it all, then how come Lucas Ordonnez beats those in European GT4 ( real racing series ) who have 10 years or more real experience then he in the big car ((( not Go-Kart ))).

And Jann outscored that 60 years old racer who have raced for like so many years in British GT?

Calling Wolfgang highly super experienced real racer with only just 8 laps driven in a car. That cannot even compare to the GT Academy Silverstone race camp.

1) They clearly aren't very good if they are all being beaten with 10 years more experience :lol: seriously though Lucas would have had a lot of training before hand giving him most of the experience he would need to be on pace. So he would probably be down to finding a tenth or two at most.
2) Erm, beating a 60 year old is nothing to brag about if you've enough experience to be on pace. They may be very good at driving but they will have a reasonable fitness disadvantage over someone who is in their 20's, even if they do keep in shape.
3) He had more than "8 laps in a car" it was 8 laps in the LMP car alone, let alone the F3, Formula Renault, etc that he tested. So he easily had enough experience for him to be able to jump in a car and drive fast straight off which would have given him an advantage. And seeing as it takes 1-2 hours in driving a racecar for the first time to get up to speed, it could been seen as a big advantage. But he did it within the rules so were not arguing about him.

Now hopefully you finally understand, experience gives you an advantage, and you might be able to move on to the actual argument of whether the rules should be stricter.

i awnser to your coment cause i think that you are meaning me with the blame equipment, reight ??
No, I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, only in general. And it's not related to the 2012 competition, but the 2011 final.

Now hopefully you finally understand, experience gives you an advantage, and you might be able to move on to the actual argument of whether the rules should be stricter.
The thing is: how do you define 'stricter' and enforce it objectively? Having a certain license or not is easily checked objectively. You can't measure experience objectively.

You can't stop people from having more experience than others. If you weren't willing (or aren't able) to put in the extra effort that they did: tough luck. And as stated by others, real life experience guarantee you a win.

NLxAROSA
The thing is: how do you define 'stricter' and enforce it objectively? Having a certain license or not is easily checked objectively. You can't measure experience objectively.

You can't stop people from having more experience than others. If you weren't willing (or aren't able) to put in the extra effort that they did: tough luck. And as stated by others, real life experience guarantee you a win.

Well instead of banning people with too much experience, which as you said is difficult to measure, they could make the competition solely on GT5, then the best gamer would win, which is what the competition is about, all the real life driving is what you're meant to learn afterwards.

Well instead of banning people with too much experience, which as you said is difficult to measure, they could make the competition solely on GT5, then the best gamer would win, which is what the competition is about, all the real life driving is what you're meant to learn afterwards.

I've seen quite a few fast gamers struggle to translate their virtual skills into real skills over the week. Yes, it is an important element of the competition, but it's far too risky to base it on that alone.

Yes it's a risk, but by the sounds of it, once you got through to the later stages, virtual skills didn't really count for anything, it was just based on real life skills and fitness wasn't it? And anyway, with the amount of training you will get, anyone with some real life talent in them should be able to pick it up in time for January so the risk isn't that big, and to be really good at GT5 you have to have real life talent in you. It's just getting used to the difference between real life and the game, which takes longer for some people than it does for others.

Let's ban those who did exercise to prepare themself in GTA's assault course, and ban those who have a car, because he can easily go to the parking area and use cones to make a racing track and race there. People would said, oh my god his a real race driver he got so so much advantage over us!!

Next year GTA, they should only bring fatty gamer who had never go outside to breath air after so many hard work on GT5, but instead he play COD5 for relaxation.
Okay that sounds so fair.

Now you're being childish, if you're not going to listen and just argue about stuff you know nothing about and make up rubbish, then just get off the thread. Real life racing experience is valuable and very expensive so should not be such a big factor in deciding the overall winner. Fitness pretty much everyone can do and make time for if they really want to win badly enough so I have no problem in that being a deciding factor.

200% agree with you!

Dessy182
I've seen quite a few fast gamers struggle to translate their virtual skills into real skills over the week. Yes, it is an important element of the competition, but it's far too risky to base it on that alone.

there is no risk, if they do for example: best gamer in 8-5 is getting a fix schooling to real racer! open for all gamer around the world!
and the competition like its now at silverstone for all the other GTA qualifyer!
there will be 2 winner! this would be 100times better then this years 4 winner system, USA, Eu, Rus, Ger.

and they didnt ever try to put the best gamer into this schooling & raceing, maybe it will be an unbelivably big success for nissan. maybe the best gamer can after 6months schooling transfare 100% of his skills to realracecar, then that guy will not only win some race or get sometimes on podium, he maybe would dominate the FIA GT4 or GT3 series!

but if they dont are interesed in that .....

magsolid

an easy example for the advantage of experience

me vs titech in GT5

we are getting a very new track, example barcelona

i playing this track 1month now, titech is all this time offline and didnt play!
titech comes back online and try this track too

who will be faster, me with 1 month experience or titech with no experience ??

after 1 day: me
after 1 week: me
after 1-2 weeks: maybe same
after 2 weeks: titech
after 3 weeks - 1 year: titech

u have understand that only this 1 month of experience makes me faster at the begin then titech, later titech will allways be faster cause he is the better gamer/driver!

I'm starting to lose faith in these forums. There's way too much spite, jealously and ignorance since this competition concluded.

Firstly, being the fastest overall in a few time trials does not mean you have what it takes to be a racing driver. Take the top 100 guys overall however and within that you may find some great drivers who have potential.

After getting down the fundamentals of driving on a race track, the next most important thing is attitude and mental fitness. I learned so much about myself last week when I was put in high pressure situations. Believe me, this isn't a simple case of sitting into a car and driving around. Managing your mind is so important, and if you don't do it you won't be quick. I struggled mentally at several points during the competition and towards the end. The stress and pressure is huge and those of you who weren't there will never be able to understand that. It was nothing like I imagined before the competition.

Then of course we have the issue about how long you have to show your abilities. Yes people learn at different rates, but the guys running this program want someone who learns fast and improves constantly. Wolf may have always been quick, but he still had to show improvement and learn as the week went on. Everyone is in the same situation whilst at race camp, and the instructors can tell straight away who has driven before and who has done very little. With that in mind, they can mark your performance and improvement accordingly as the week goes on.

Finally, we have the argument about only letting the fastest gamers compete. The national finals is the time to find the fastest gamers. If they don't perform on the day, tough. In real racing you only have one chance at a time to perform as well. In 2008 and 2010 there was no fitness or driving tests before Race Camp, just the fastest gamers going to Silverstone and learning for a week with the best being picked at the end, and I think that worked pretty well. In the last 2 years the selection process has become much deeper, and the result is still the same, with highly ranked GT players winning the competition.

With that in mind, can we leave all the negativity aside and just be thankful that Nissan are giving people this opportunity. This year the 4 Race Camps together cost approx €9 Million to put on. In the times we live in that is quite astounding so I am very grateful to have been part of it and learned so much. Please don't hate the competition, the way its run or its winners just because you weren't a part of it or you didn't get the result you were hoping for. No one is under any obligation to play GT5 / enter GT Academy. Do it because you love it and if you are good enough you can go all the way and possibly win. If not, just be thankful it's happening at all.

Finally, we have the argument about only letting the fastest gamers compete. The national finals is the time to find the fastest gamers. If they don't perform on the day, tough. In real racing you only have one chance at a time to perform as well. In 2008 and 2010 there was no fitness or driving tests before Race Camp, just the fastest gamers going to Silverstone and learning for a week with the best being picked at the end, and I think that worked pretty well. In the last 2 years the selection process has become much deeper, and the result is still the same, with highly ranked GT players winning the competition.

dont agree,

the fastest gamer hasent ever gone to silverstone!

the fastest gamer are the top 16 of the 8-5, no go for austria, uk, rusland, italy, and many more coutries.

from top 10 list = only GTPL_Mato
from top 20 list = only Wolfke, GTP_Rutter
from top 30 list = only 4 drivers if im not wrong

fastest gamer at Silverstone?

@national final u have all over all 10min driving, in real you have 60min training, 60min qualy,...........its not the best way do find the fastet, lol

if national finals doing 60min qualy like in real, every fastest gamer will win!

Dessy
I'm starting to lose faith in these forums. There's way too much spite, jealously and ignorance since this competition concluded.

if GTA would stay for what it should stay (for the gamer), no one would discuesse about this things, there are many player disagree this rules, this has nothing to do with ignorance!

if GTA would stay for what it should stay (for the gamer), no one would discuesse about this things, there are many player disagree this rules, this has nothing to do with ignorance!

So in your opinion, someone who is a gamer and also has track experience, is not a gamer?

Last edited:
Back