GT Academy 2012 (EU) General Discussion

• Thread starter Manuelos
  • 1,584 comments
The westernwolves article has now been edited to remove all reference to racing cars and karts and LMP2 test video has been remove from youtube, nice GT Academy I hope you're proud of your competition.
If they put their hand in their arse pocket and spent some money on Arnaud, Thibault, Lars, Dan and some of the guys from this year it wouldn't be so bad but from now on this competition will only get worse, the precedence has been set.

Great...:crazy:

I wasn't fully convinced about the competition being rigged this year (at least), until now.

It's certainly a dense thing to do, because it makes it look bad after this information is already public (and the page is cached). But there are legitimate reasons to do so and to not consider them at all is telling of a certain mindset.

Oh man! That don't look very good.. Maybe Nissan don't want a video of there new driver driving someone else's lmp car?

But that's one of them.

Oh dear, guys it's not rigged. I could have easily gone out on Friday and qualified and few places higher and then went on to win the race and the competition. Would you say it was rigged then?

Oh, they'll find a way to justify it. Conspiracy theorists always do. They'll probably say that, knowing which cars you were all in for the final race, they gave their favoured driver the fastest car and made everyone else's slower. You know, something completely unproveable.

It's not rigged, they just let someone in who had quite a big advantage when it came to real life racing experience. He still had to be really good at GT5, where did he come in the qualifier?

Dessy182
Oh dear, guys it's not rigged. I could have easily gone out on Friday and qualified and few places higher and then went on to win the race and the competition. Would you say it was rigged then?

I'm not guna say it was rigged, I believe that if wolf had not have been up to scratch at race camp he would have been kicked like the rest.
Where you all aware at race camp of his driving history?

I'm not guna say it was rigged, I believe that if wolf had not have been up to scratch at race camp he would have been kicked like the rest.
Where you all aware at race camp of his driving history?

Someone said to me he drove an LMP car but to be honest I didn't care. I was there to do my best and not worry about the others. In the end it got me right to the end so obviously that was a good attitude to have.

I mean... he earned his place and kept it within the rules (even if streching them a bit) since he was approved to participate, it's not like he was the first competitor that had some testing experience, congratulations to him and everyone else who made the final 6.

Not being funny, but how dose someone get the opportunity to test that kind of car?? Do they have to pay for the test? Or are they offered out to future talents?

I mean... he earned his place and kept it within the rules (even if streching them a bit) since he was approved to participate, it's not like he was the first competitor that had some testing experience, congratulations to him and everyone else who made the final 6.
some testing experience??? the guy drove a bloody LMP for christ's sake
how close is the ordinary man close to having a ride in LMP, let alone driving it himself?
what a joke

some testing experience??? the guy drove a bloody LMP for christ's sake
how close is the ordinary man close to having a ride in LMP, let alone driving it himself?
what a joke

Yeah so what? money can buy you anything and that's the only reason he got to test it.

Oh, they'll find a way to justify it. Conspiracy theorists always do.

I know you're an authority here but maybe you're going too far. I've read everything I could about this affair and even though that Belgian lad didn't infringe any rules by taking part and winning this year's GT Academy, I totally agree with those who say he (and the French guy, it seems) had an unfair advantage over regular gamers. The rules should be made stricter now.

Best of luck for next year's competition, Des!

how important and need is real raceing experience ??

Hugo Gonçalves

if im not wrong read, he was one of the fastest at the racecamp, startet from position 6 and finished 2nd! and he done over the full week a very good performence!

but ...

where is he as a gamer ??

if im again not wrong Hugo Gonçalves = taboaamassa

he is not listet in the list of top 250 gamer!!!!!!

the conclusion is that real raceing experience is the most important thing at GTAcademy!!!!

real gamer hasent any chance there!

to do a fairy competiton for all, GTAcademy finals must be played only on the console/ps3!

Hugo Gonçalves

if im not wrong read, he was one of the fastest at the racecamp, startet from position 6 and finished 2nd! and he done over the full week a very good performence!

but ...

the conclusion is that real raceing experience is the most important thing at GTAcademy!!!!

to do a fairy competiton for all, GTAcademy finals must be played only on the console/ps3!

Hugo started 2nd and finished 6th. It was the Italian Andrea that started 6th and finished 2nd. Hugo was one of the quickest drivers all week actually. He just had a bad start and then his race fell apart. Not a fair reflection on his talent. I don't know much about the Italian guy but from what I am aware he hasn't done much so that was an amazing performance by him. Apparently the judges had a tough decision in the end.

Everyone saying how fixed it is sounds unbelievably bitter. Congrats to Wolfgang for the win and Dessy for putting up a good fight! I need to get my act together for next year, I've heard a lot of good things about it from Dan "Lethal Weapon" Glover which has sparked a bit of motivation, heard Jann was a bit of a state at the party ;)

Hugo Gonçalves

but ...

Don't get fooled just because one dude who won GTA this year had alittle real driving test with the cars. Those who had never raced a real car before can really beat those who did a real racing. It has been done in GTA before im pretty sure.
There a guys who started playing sim and did a great job in the real car in a short amount of time, you just need to go search it.

Hugo started 2nd and finished 6th. It was the Italian Andrea that started 6th and finished 2nd. Hugo was one of the quickest drivers all week actually. He just had a bad start and then his race fell apart. Not a fair reflection on his talent. I don't know much about the Italian guy but from what I am aware he hasn't done much so that was an amazing performance by him. Apparently the judges had a tough decision in the end.

nothing against hugo, i want only explain the situation of GTA!

GTA is made for gamer, and not for real racer, that have money to practice with real racecars or karting or like this.

this discussion would never begin if the best gamer of us will win GT Academy! FACT
Nissan has made a bad job!

Nissan include some countries where is any fast gamer, and let countries fail where are good gamer! Gamer all over the world should get a go for GTA!

example: it would be cheaper if only the best 16/32 of 8-5 go to one GTA final, that would be a fair go for gamer all over the world!

but they dont want that, what they want is a show, they want make a good name for them self for young people/gamer to sale in some years more cars! or to sale this show to TV companies! they want make Nissan more popular and for that they need people with good driving experience and not only a good gamer like everone has thinked befor.

from a brilliant idea at the begin, it goes now a very sad way for Nissan

+1.

Anyone who gets the chance to compete in GT Academy next year with Dessy's mindset will grow the most and get the opportunity to compete for that Nissan contract in the final race like Dessy did.

Focus on your performance and not someone else's and you'll be able to maximise what you learn in race camp. The tuition the international finalists get is 2nd to none. How often do people get the chance to get driver coaching from current and ex-F1 drivers; let alone compete for a contract with PlayStation and Nissan?

Europe should be thankful for getting GT Academy on a regular basis. We got GT Academy here in New Zealand in 2010 and it hasn't been back since so I'm having to pursue my motorsport ambitions under my own steam due to the fact that it may not come back to this part of the world again.

nothing against hugo, i want only explain the situation of GTA!

GTA is made for gamer, and not for real racer, that have money to practice with real racecars or karting or like this.

this discussion would never begin if the best gamer of us will win GT Academy! FACT
Nissan has made a bad job!

Nissan include some countries where is any fast gamer, and let countries fail where are good gamer! Gamer all over the world should get a go for GTA!

example: it would be cheaper if only the best 16/32 of 8-5 go to one GTA final, that would be a fair go for gamer all over the world!

but they dont want that, what they want is a show, they want make a good name for them self for young people/gamer to sale in some years more cars! or to sale this show to TV companies! they want make Nissan more popular and for that they need people with good driving experience and not only a good gamer like everone has thinked befor.

from a brilliant idea at the begin, it goes now a very sad way for Nissan

I agree with your points and want to add the following:

Not all countries/regions get the same treatment. For example the UK regional finals are very well organized and extensive whilst for example the Italian finals were very poorly organized and stewarded (ex. 2 laps races with 6 racers, lousy Qualifying and bumper cars racing). Other countries got it even worse. Then you have HU/CZ/SK GTA which is an unbelievable joke for anyone familiar with GT, and the participation is extremely low. And then you have other countries that are not included at all.

In the eyes of an experienced GT racer like myself, it is very disapointing to see that from the GTA side, there is no real interest in producing a well organized and fair competition up until the point when the TV cameras get in the mix. Once that happens it turns into BigBrother or some other fancy reality show.

AnPrionsaBeag
I know you're an authority here but maybe you're going too far. I've read everything I could about this affair and even though that Belgian lad didn't infringe any rules by taking part and winning this year's GT Academy, I totally agree with those who say he (and the French guy, it seems) had an unfair advantage over regular gamers. The rules should be made stricter now.

Best of luck for next year's competition, Des!

As I far as I understand it, once you make it to boot camp, you are not aloud to compete in future GT academy's..

The argument here is not that it was rigged at all, don't label people bitter, there is an argument here and like it or not, there are two sides to it.

Please READ: The argument is that the competition is already regulated to restrict/ban those that have a level of racing experience that gives them an advantage too great, and is therefore deemed unfair. The rule in place is black or white, those with 2 years national level racing experience are banned, however, with the case of this years winner, he was able to duck under this rule due to his testing. Consider this, yes, anybody could have won the race, but he did so by relying on an already far greater level of driving experience, the likes of which the rule in place was designed to squash.

Does the rule work?
Does the rule fit in line with how the competition is advertised? i.e bedroom gamer to real racer.
Does the rule need adjusting?

In my opinion, there is no question he had an advantage, the question is should that advantage be deemed fair or unfair.

That's all I have on this, I have physical work to do for next year!

Good luck to next years contestants, well done to all this year!

guys .. its more or less the same story as it has been in the first GTA with Lucas Ordonez who has been a professional national racing driver in spain for years before, they also have killed those informations in the web after his victory and always tell you: "from virtual to reality" .. but at those days he only bought a ps3 to enter the competition!
the whole competition is only for the marketing .. fair play ends when the online qualification is over!
i don´t like that too, but thats how it is:dunce:

guys .. its more or less the same story as it has been in the first GTA with Lucas Ordonez who has been a professional national racing driver in spain for years before, they also have killed those informations in the web after his victory and always tell you: "from virtual to reality" .. but at those days he only bought a ps3 to enter the competition!
the whole competition is only for the marketing .. fair play ends when the online qualification is over!
i don´t like that too, but thats how it is:dunce:

i agree with this, thats why im next year also only will do the online qualy and not more intereset in GTA! its enough for me to see where my skills end in the list of top gamers. if the rules didnt change to an advantage for the gamer im no longer intereset in this competition!

ShaneUK
Does the rule work?
Does the rule fit in line with how the competition is advertised? i.e bedroom gamer to real racer.
Does the rule need adjusting?

if they want make this popular the must adjusting the rule for the gamer!
it is not a Gamer Academy its a Racer Academy at this moment

Chemeng
Not all countries/regions get the same treatment. For example the UK regional finals are very well organized and extensive whilst for example the Italian finals were very poorly organized and stewarded (ex. 2 laps races with 6 racers, lousy Qualifying and bumper cars racing). Other countries got it even worse. Then you have HU/CZ/SK GTA which is an unbelievable joke for anyone familiar with GT, and the participation is extremely low. And then you have other countries that are not included at all.

thats the next point, i have experience this at my only day at the national final, broken wheels, horrible pods, it was unable do drive there on the limit!
i decide after first day that i dont want go for a 2nd day there, cause i dislike interviews and of this reason with the broken wheels (if i had not a fair chance as the fastest driver from my country to win the gameing)

ps: i dont know how i can start a pool/vote, but i would like see the opinion of the users that only are reading and nothing posting, maybe an admin can start one ?

-should the best gamer became the schooling for realracer/dubai24h
or
-should the rule be untouched and real experience racer with 1 year national experience get this schooling

Hi Guys!

First of all I would like to congrat all the competitors and Dessy.
I know what people are saying about my "experiences". Let me tell you the truth :)

I started karting at 6 years old (indoor) to my 12 and then stopped, no money anymore, never done one single national championship.

After that, when I passed my Driving licence, between my 18years et now (25) I did 6 track days and 1 little "race" in a club, not an official race, no licence was required.

Track days I did were opened to everybody, only for the lmpc I had to buy a C-Licence (under the B lol) without any test, just for the assurance. I did only 8 laps..............

On each trackdays and even more in the lmpc I never drove a lot and was alone, no one to teach me something.

If for you 6 trackdays in 7 years of time means that I was already a racing driver... We don't have the same definition.

If everything is on internet it's because I was trying to find sponsors, I'm not rich, I worked hard and didn't take holidays only to enjoy myself few times in a car.... Less than one time per year.

During that week I learned hundred times more than during my trackdays.... A lot of the competitors had trackdays behind them and one of the 6 finalists a lot more (Don't want to say who because it doesn't mather anymore)

The rules are clear, no A Licence, no contract with a team or a manager and never done more than 2 national championships. I am totally in the regulation.

Now I'm going to do my best to perform as well as possible and to prove that Gt academy made the right deicison.

Bye

Wolf

^Good luck, dude!
I'm sure some of the real racing drivers complain about competition just as much, so you're now ready for it ;)

Hi Guys!

First of all I would like to congrat all the competitors and Dessy.
I know what people are saying about my "experiences". Let me tell you the truth :)

I started karting at 6 years old (indoor) to my 12 and then stopped, no money anymore, never done one single national championship.

After that, when I passed my Driving licence, between my 18years et now (25) I did 6 track days and 1 little "race" in a club, not an official race, no licence was required.

Track days I did were opened to everybody, only for the lmpc I had to buy a C-Licence (under the B lol) without any test, just for the assurance. I did only 8 laps..............

On each trackdays and even more in the lmpc I never drove a lot and was alone, no one to teach me something.

If for you 6 trackdays in 7 years of time means that I was already a racing driver... We don't have the same definition.

If everything is on internet it's because I was trying to find sponsors, I'm not rich, I worked hard and didn't take holidays only to enjoy myself few times in a car.... Less than one time per year.

During that week I learned hundred times more than during my trackdays.... A lot of the competitors had trackdays behind them and one of the 6 finalists a lot more (Don't want to say who because it doesn't mather anymore)

The rules are clear, no A Licence, no contract with a team or a manager and never done more than 2 national championships. I am totally in the regulation.

Now I'm going to do my best to perform as well as possible and to prove that Gt academy made the right deicison.

Bye

Wolf

hi,

no one here want to convict you! u won this competition without breaking any rules, so u dont have to defend yourself! but it is very nice that u also readed this thread and give us an statement, that says that u also thinking about that!

u are also a top gamer, u finished GTA qualy 8-5 on position 16, respect for that!

we are talking about the rules and they are unfair! the rules allow people much raceing experience, and this needs a lot of money! it is an advantage to drive from ur 6th year until your 12th year karting! that are 6years that other gamer didnt have, some exotic race experience that other also dont have! on the onboard camera of the classic car driving video everyone has see that ur skills are very very good to handle a realcar on the limit :-)
i for example will need sure 1,2 months permanent training to control a realcar like you do it in the video!
but in the game we are on the same level, u position 16 me 19!
so i think that u can unterstand that a fight between us would be unfair in a realcar. on 10 races u will beat me 10time!

but u have invest a lot to win this competition, so u earned 100% this win!
the videos demonstrade that u are a very passion driver, and this is very positive!

the attack here goes alone to the rules of GT Academy, the chance that the best gamer (only a gamer, with no practice) win this competition is very low! the best gamer should win, so i wish that the rules will be adjust!
i hope that u can understand this discussion.

no one here is thinking that you are the wrong human for the GT Racedriverjob for Nissan! u was still the best out there, so enjoy ur win and give everything for us gamer to destroy the FIA GT Pro Drivers :sly:

Howeller
hi,

no one here want to convict you! u won this competition without breaking any rules, so u dont have to defend yourself! but it is very nice that u also readed this thread and give us an statement, that says that u also thinking about that!

u are also a top gamer, u finished GTA qualy 8-5 on position 16, respect for that!

we are talking about the rules and they are unfair! the rules allow people much raceing experience, and this needs a lot of money! it is an advantage to drive from ur 6th year until your 12th year karting! that are 6years that other gamer didnt have, some exotic race experience that other also dont have! on the onboard camera of the classic car driving video everyone has see that ur skills are very very good to handle a realcar on the limit :-)
i for example will need sure 1,2 months permanent training to control a realcar like you do it in the video!
but in the game we are on the same level, u position 16 me 19!
so i think that u can unterstand that a fight between us would be unfair in a realcar. on 10 races u will beat me 10time!

but u have invest a lot to win this competition, so u earned 100% this win!
the videos demonstrade that u are a very passion driver, and this is very positive!

the attack here goes alone to the rules of GT Academy, the chance that the best gamer (only a gamer, with no practice) win this competition is very low! the best gamer should win, so i wish that the rules will be adjust!
i hope that u can understand this discussion.

no one here is thinking that you are the wrong human for the GT Racedriverjob for Nissan! u was still the best out there, so enjoy ur win and give everything for us gamer to destroy the FIA GT Pro Drivers :sly:

Totally agree.

Back