GT Academy July 2013!!

Unless they changed the model somehow and people are exploiting it... you never know, try it out.

Anyone want to put down extremely early bets on what country will nab the top time overall?

I have a feeling it may be a very determined Brit :D

Ah man, what a time to lose internet at home! Repair guy isn't coming until Friday either... By that time I'm sure most people will be fighting over the last hundreths of a second, let alone the tenths!

The person in 5th currently (VTR_puzzle) is using a DS3!

Calculated from the current best practice times the theoretical fastest time:

2'15'928

So we know that some French, Japanese, .. and others will go way under that.
I don't think the splits are necessarily good benchmark. I have splits for 2:16,712, but in the qualifying run i couldn't do better than 2:20. Perhaps it's the different lighting (evening) or different track temperature at that time of day?
Also i'm always lowering the ABS down to 1, so it doesn't mess with me, but if it could be that big factor in being faster, then it really sucks.👎

Made a fake UK account and I'm downloading it now. 👍

Anyone want to put down extremely early bets on what country will nab the top time overall?

I think it will be some guy from France. I think you guys will know what guy I'm talking about. :)

Unless they changed the model somehow and people are exploiting it... you never know, try it out.

Japan or Canada

So the physics are much improved but how are people drifting through corners still being quicker? Makes no sense, clearly it's not the real fastest way around a track so why is it in GT?

370 is tail happy with out losing much motion. Ive used it mirroring braking on ghost. Faster in, same speed out but tires stay warmer keeping grip after so it shots off, if you lose grip after corner, that were you lose time.

Holy ship I'm useless!! :lol: luckily My holiday started today so there's time to get back into rythm. I see there's some fresh faces on the fin leaderboard 👍 Tbh this will be really tough, wouldn't want to spend too much of my hols endlessly lapping, but I can already see I might have to put more time into this than I'd prefer.

Physics feel great weight shift wise, but with G25 at least it does feel a little lifeless as the track surface is as smooth as always in gt. PD should get their act together on that department for sure.

So the physics are much improved but how are people drifting through corners still being quicker? Makes no sense, clearly it's not the real fastest way around a track so why is it in GT?

I think it comes down to the tire model and how it doesn't effectively overheat the tires and more importantly sheds the heat off too quickly.

So you have guys entering corners in a four-wheel drift and resettling the car right away (which is possible in real life) but then heading straight into the next corner like nothing happened before (which isn't possible in real life). So, in the pursuit of speed, this type of driving is a great way of keeping momentum up in order to get through the turns faster in the slower section complexes. That's why you'll see guys doing this into corners where there's another corner directly after, but you won't see them doing it (and treating the car much more realistically) through corners (like the Abbey and Vale) where there's a straight, or long way, to the following corner.

That's all I can think of, could be wrong.

I'm pretty happy with how the game is playing and am really looking forward to the final release. Shame I can't get the Irish flag in on the UK leaderboard anymore :P

Btw, don't forget to change your steering settings before you start. I hadn't turned on my PS3 in over 6 months so I completely forgot about the changing the settings - I had the wheel set to 'amateur' instead of 'simulation' for about an hour before I noticed. Needless to say my times improved significantly when I did.

Would love to play this every day and see how close I can keep to the top guys but I really can't find the time or motivation anymore, especially when there's no goal to aim for. But best of luck to the rest of you who are eligible.

Lap (dual view) in Silverstone circuit with the Nissan 370z.

Hey Adrian, nice video.

Can you do videos comparing GT5 physics to GT6 using the same cars and tracks?

Cheers

Well, down to a 2:18.253 so far, still a scruffy lap and a lot of time to be found 👍

Loving the new physics, a lot more sense of weight shift and you really have to coax the car around the corner, no more of this, get it sideways a give it some power malarkey haha!

Kind of annoyed that driving aids aren't locked.
There are already people with ABS 10 on the leaderboard and we all know what this does...

The ABS acts like a stability control and allows faster cornering, it is the only aid that won't slow you down, but make you quicker.

Great to see things haven't changed from last year. Here we go with people with cheating the system and finding unrealistic ways to gain advantages...

It's such a piss off with what's at stake here, they would still allow this BS. All aids need to be dis allowed with ABS on 1 only for times to count. It would at least help weed out the cheaters. So stupid.

It is faster. That's the limit of grip they are flirting with.

Depending on the length of a race and the life of tires, it certainly isn't the best driving style. But for a time trial it will work.

Well, down to a 2:18.253 so far, still a scruffy lap and a lot of time to be found 👍

Loving the new physics, a lot more sense of weight shift and you really have to coax the car around the corner, no more of this, get it sideways a give it some power malarkey haha!

Damn you, damn you, damn you! I put in a 2:18.408 hoping to be top for a while and I realise you've done a 18.2 :P

It is faster. That's the limit of grip they are flirting with.

Depending on the length of a race and the life of tires, it certainly isn't the best driving style. But for a time trial it will work.

Drifting through corners hasn't been faster for decades. Do you see driving like that in qualifying sessions of real races? If it was faster and maintainable over a single lap, you can bet people would do it. But they don't, because as Wardez pointed out the heat builds up and you start tearing your tyres to pieces.

The demo has no wear and massively accelerated tyre cooling.

Hopefully it turns out that smaller slip angles are faster, because at the moment it's just a bit overboard.

Hey Mike! Time to kick ass :D

For the US it'll be up at 5pm Pacific.

Hey Mike! Time to kick ass :D

For the US it'll be up at 5pm Pacific.

Hey Eddie! Thanks for info I havent played gt5 in a while been hooked on iracing lately. Figured im give it shot again, doubt I put in time like I did last year though.

Back