GT Academy July 2013!!

Physics feel great weight shift wise, but with G25 at least it does feel a little lifeless as the track surface is as smooth as always in gt. PD should get their act together on that department for sure.

Definitely. đź‘Ť

I think it comes down to the tire model and how it doesn't effectively overheat the tires and more importantly sheds the heat off too quickly.

So you have guys entering corners in a four-wheel drift and resettling the car right away (which is possible in real life) but then heading straight into the next corner like nothing happened before (which isn't possible in real life). So, in the pursuit of speed, this type of driving is a great way of keeping momentum up in order to get through the turns faster in the slower section complexes. That's why you'll see guys doing this into corners where there's another corner directly after, but you won't see them doing it (and treating the car much more realistically) through corners (like the Abbey and Vale) where there's a straight, or long way, to the following corner.

That's all I can think of, could be wrong.

I think you're right there. They seem to have got the drifting out of the corner thing under control, you now have to be more careful with the application of throttle. But with regards to on entry to a corner, not in the slightest.

Well, down to a 2:18.253 so far, still a scruffy lap and a lot of time to be found đź‘Ť

Loving the new physics, a lot more sense of weight shift and you really have to coax the car around the corner, no more of this, get it sideways a give it some power malarkey haha!
I haven't seen your lap but I wonder if it is as scruffy as my lap :lol:. Only .003 behind you now, I know where I dropped a good few tenths though, so might get into 2:17s today.

I haven't seen your lap but I wonder if it is as scruffy as my lap :lol:. Only .003 behind you now, I know where I dropped a good few tenths though, so might get into 2:17s today.

Pretty scruffy, I got on the grass at one point! :lol:

I think I may be able to go faster now I've changed the steering options from 'amateur' to 'simulation', I didn't think it would make a difference but it actually does! đź‘Ť

I think I may be able to go faster now I've changed the steering options from 'amateur' to 'simulation', I didn't think it would make a difference but it actually does! đź‘Ť

Let me at least hold rank 1 UK just for tonight haha ;)! Was the scruffiest lap of the night, but now it's training so that was my last go for the night! Have videos being uploaded throughout the night for those interested just check out my video thread in my signature (Been uploading/making all day/evening haha :D!)

Finnaly its on the US PSN store now.

Nice. Out of work in 15 mins then probably have to sit through 2 hours of updates since i haven't turned on the ps3 since last years academy. My goal for tonight before i go to bed is first in the US.

Holy crap, the sound in GT6 is so much more...bassier (couldn't think of a better term).

Does the 2013 GT Academy just consist of five parts?
If so, then I'm a bit disappointed - I seem to remember last year there were 64 parts and each challenge was 8 parts in length with a load of cars to win. Trying to gold every part and beat my friends was a big motivator.

So far I can't say I've noticed any difference in the physics - yet I play GT5 every day.

Am I right that you can't watch or download the top ten drivers this year?
Last year I learnt a lot from trying to follow the leaders ghosts and was often shocked or amazed by the lines they took!

I hope I am wrong and you can download the top drivers ghosts.

Sorry for the negativity, but so far I'm finding it hasn't lived up to the hype.

After months of not playing GT5, I booted the demo today and got a 2:19.6, which is not great but it doesn't seem to be awful either. Enough to keep me within Spain's top 30. I was hoping to get into the national finals, but I don't know how I could optimise my pace.

Those who know me will know I always use AT instead of MT, so there is one thing to gain there. As of now, I have essentially the same time with both anyway.

Any advice you guys could give me in order to further improve my time, etc.? I really want to make it, and I'm not far enough for it to be considered impossible (0.8 from the cut).

Sitting in 11th in US right now and i expect to plummet down overnight but there is alot of time to make up. Its hard to see your braking points in the dusk.

For some reason I have a USA account and when i try to enter the final time trial it says that im not in an eligible country. Im in michigan so im not sure what the problem is. Any ideas?

Just did a 2:22 with such a scrappy lap spent half the lap drifting need to get back in the groove with some smooth driving

After a long day with Gt6 I finally broke the 2:18 mark :D

Had a slubby first sector, but I managed to run my best last sector of the day

I changed to active steering, it feels different, but somehow it feels more save

Cbastjan

Really enjoying the demo so far, would have been nice to have an 'arcade mode' with 5 or so cars and tracks but meh.

Currently 66th with a 2'19.843, aiming for top 50 this year, came 123rd last year, but since joining the WRS I feel like I've improved a lot.

BanditKarter22

Did a few more laps on this and it is surprising how scruffy you can be and still be on course for near to mid to high 2:17s. I wonder if low to mid 2:17s will be enough for people to qualify. Will see how leaderboard develops tomorrow to see possibility of 2:16s and how real that is.

Finnaly its on the US PSN store now.

I can't find the demo anywhere on the Playstation Store on my PS3. Not in newest demos, recently released, timed games, nothing. I even TYPED in a search and it only took me to GT5 content. It's nowhere to be found.

Back